Lost and Found

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Besides brief talk about his presentation, as she drives him to work they are silent. As he says his morning goodbyes and usual compliments to Heidi, William leaves her in the car still with heavy thoughts. As she drives away, he sees a look in her eyes but doesn't quite understand it. To him it seems like a combination of sadness with a slight smile. For the whole day it disturbs him.

At work and after delivering a masterful report, he stays at his office just sitting at his desk for an extra hour wondering what he should do. He thinks heavily about Heidi realizing that he enjoys having her around so much, but his busy schedule doesn't leave him much time to think of her in any other way. He knows that she is already an integral part of his personal life and business and that there is just one thing missing. It is something that has touched his mind before but he always shoves it away. He has feelings for her too. However, late in the day telling her about his feelings suddenly becomes a lot more urgent.

"Strange," he says as he calls the house and then her mobile phone without an answer on each.

Usually when he is running late and doesn't call her for a ride, Heidi calls just to check on him. But there is no call today and she does not answer. He grows concerned, and gathers his things to leave. All the way home he grows more and more worried. He knows now that his feelings are that of someone a bit more than just a housekeeper.

Taking a taxi to get home, he asks the driver to be swift in getting him there. Speeding into the driveway, he pays the driver and he looks around and finds nothing unusual. Quickly exiting the taxi, he looks through the garage side window and sees his car inside. William opens the door to his house and calls her name, then again. Without even removing his shoes, he looks around all over, and goes upstairs. He sees that her room is completely empty and his heart sinks. As he begins to panic a little, he quickly grabs his phone to call hers. Hearing a faint familiar ring from the kitchen his heart sinks even further knowing she is gone. With his head held low, he walks into the kitchen he finds her phone next to a hand written note. Sighing deeply he presses the end button on his phone and picks it up to read.

"Dearest William,

I am writing this letter to you because it is hard to face you after what I said last night. I feel that I have ruined a wonderful friendship, not to mention a great job. I was impulsive when I said those words to you last night. I didn't think of the consequences and risk of losing a great job and a great friend. I know that you are busy in your work and you do not think of me the same way. I am leaving because I know it would be awkward for both of us knowing what happened. It would not be comfortable for you, and I don't want you to have any bad feelings in your life. The truth is that I had fallen in love with you. It has been there for a long time. It was not because you helped me when I needed it. It was because you're a kind and generous man. But this is not the way it should be. You have your business life and I have no right in making it more complicated. Thank you for all you have done for me. Because you were so good to me, I have saved almost all the pay you have ever given me. So I will be ok. Thank you for all you have done.

P.S. Look in the oven.

Love, Heidi"

"I love you too," said William, setting the letter down on the counter.

Standing in his own empty kitchen for a long time staring out at the backyard, he thinks that normally at this time he would be having a wonderful conversation with Heidi over something fantastic she had made for dinner. Right then, his senses catch up with him and he smells something familiar. Opening the oven door, he finds a large pan of lasagna, warmed and ready to eat. It's his favorite. Closing the oven door, he turns off the warmer and walks out of the kitchen with a sigh. Standing in the family room he looks around and feels that the house somehow feels so much bigger. In his mind at this moment it feels too big. His own sadness wells up inside him, forcing him to react with a mild expletive and head for the garage door.

Leaving his house in a hurry almost forgetting to lock the door, he spends hours just driving around hoping to see her. But several hours later, fatigue catches up with him and he returns home. Feeling defeated and rather lonely in his big empty house, he drops the keys on the kitchen counter.

"Heidi where are you?" he whispers as he holds his stomach.

All the nervousness and emotions has caught up with him. He knows exactly what Heidi would say if she were here. She would tell him to lie on the couch with some ginger ale. Not having any appetite and with feelings of guilt, he takes the lasagna and puts it in the refrigerator. Fixing a glass of ginger ale as what Heidi would have suggested, he sits on the couch. Over the next hour he ponders places she might have gone. After a brief walk out into the night air, he returns and falls asleep on the couch again.

Over the next several days his mind wanders and it becomes increasingly difficult for him to concentrate on work. Each night when he would get home late it would be to an empty house. Each night he thinks that it isn't like home to him anymore. He even thinks about selling it.

Sitting on the couch again this, the forth evening without her, he imagines how strange it is that he would want to get out of a place just because someone he hired as help is no longer here. He knows that he loves her, and realizes that he should have said something before. He can own any seminar in front of hundreds of people and walk out with huge sales, but he can't respond to a simple three word sentence. Letting out a sigh he stands and looks around, suddenly realizing that he is not a very good housekeeper.

In the middle of his daydream, he hears his phone ring in the distance. Forgetting where he put it, he looks around trying to zero in on the sound. Finally he finds it in his attaché case, but at a moment too late. He looks at the display and views a local number that he is not familiar with. Just as he starts to think that it may be a potential client, the phone buzzes, indicating that he had a message. Hitting the message button and putting it on speaker, wait for what seems like an eternity for the message to start, his heart fills up with energy as he hears a familiar voice.

"William, it's Heidi. I just want to tell you that found those rough sales reports you worked on then misplaced. For some reason they ended up in my business case that I took with me when I left. I faxed copies to your office downtown for you. Ok...hope you are doing well...bye"

"Heidi," He sighs with a slight whimper as he fumbles with his phone.

Quickly William redials the number to see if he can reach her. It rings a few times and then a recorded message breaks his heart even further.

"You are trying to reach a number that cannot receive incoming calls. It is a public phone. Thank you."

Tossing the phone down, he curses inwardly, at a complete loss as to what to do next. Running his fingers through his short hair he tries to think hard as to what he can possibly do to find her and ask her to come home. He knows that if he can just talk to her he can tell her he feels the same. Wracking his brain for an hour, he finally comes up with a solution, or at least he hopes. Knowing that he can't do anything about it at 1 A.M. he drops onto the couch and again makes it his bed for the night.

*

"I know John it's against protocol but I'm at the end of my wits with this. I have to know where it is," William says to his police officer friend as they eat lunch.

"I could lose my job, because it isn't exactly a small thing to pull phone records without reason. I don't seem to have a court order around here for it," John says as he sips his coffee.

"It's a call to my phone and I want the records. You could lose your job? I was just hoping there was another way to find out," William sighs.

"Unless you tell me its harassment. Then you have to go through your phone company first, and it takes a lot of time," John says.

"More like neglect, on my part," William sighs.

John, a lifelong friend tries to comfort William over coffee in a shop just outside his office. He realizes as he sees his friend leave, that he has become quite caught up in all of this. However, not even an hour later back in his office he gets a call from John.

"Hey bud," John says, "I just thought I would pass something on to you. I heard something through the grape vine. You better write this down."

"Ok," William says.

"You remember you mentioned a while back about starting a satellite office near the University district. Well there is a vacant office, 2000 square feet at the corner of University and 9th. Hey, it looks good. If you are on a budget, there is even a pay phone right outside the door near the bus stop," John says.

"Thank you, my friend," William smiles.

Leaving the office early, he rushes down to the vicinity of the address his friend had given him. Using a nearby parking garage, he enters the street and finds an eatery with outdoor seating and a direct view of the bus stop with the pay phone next to it. Sitting and sipping a coffee, the hours pass and evening soon falls as the street lights turn on. Some discouragement sits in but he remains determined. He will sit here for days if he has to. The office can do without him even through Monday. He is not leaving this spot until he sees her. Though the thought crosses his mind that she is not even around here, he still holds on to the slim chance he will see her. He sighs as he realizes that she may have just been passing by and used the phone. She may not be anywhere around here.

As the evening turns in to night, the crowded streets start to dwindle down to just a small crowd in a nearby bar. William looks at the time on his phone which reads 22:05. He starts to lose hope as he is told by a waitress that it is closing time. Deciding that it is perhaps time to throw in the towel for today, he plans to go home and be back here in the morning. Leaving a sizeable tip for the waitress for taking up the table so long, he stands and walks away.

As he strolls along slowly he keeps trying to tell himself that it is just a setback. As he reaches the doorway to the garage he takes one last look behind him at the pay phone. Just as he is about to turn he sees a figure in the distance, a ways down the street just past the eatery he had been sitting at all night. As he strains his eyes, he can tell she is female. As William watches he can't help thinking that something is familiar about her. But he also knows he is very tired and his mind can be playing tricks on him. He starts to think that he knows he has seen her before.

Finally his heart races as he realizes he knows exactly who it is. Crossing the street quickly, he thinks about what he will say. His mind works fast and he thinks of all of the words. He heart races as he stops running, now several feet away from her. His heart sings at this fortune. He smiles, feeling a rush, much bigger than any business deal he has ever put together. His mind races with his impending words. But once he reaches her all he can say are four.

"I love you too," William says out loud.

"William?" Heidi says as she turns around to look at him, "What are you, how did you find me?"

"Because I love you too, and you called from that payphone over there," He smiles.

"William," she whispers, "Do you really feel that way?"

"I didn't want to get close to someone because things are so busy that I thought it would just be torture for whomever I am with," William admits.

"Oh William," Heidi says, "I was already there, in the middle of it. Did you ever see me complain?"

"No," William said, "I mean you did so much, but I guess I just didn't see that there was more to it."

Not able to wait any longer, he walks closer and kisses her passionately. At the same time, Heidi returns the gesture with her arms around him. In the middle of the sidewalk all around them slows and stops in their minds. It grows silent as their long overdue embrace seems to tune out everything around them. As they stop a moment to look at each other, Heidi speaks.

"I have loved you for so long and I just wanted to tell you," Heidi sniffs, "But I was afraid you wouldn't feel the same, then it would just ruin things."

"I know now," William says, "I could have said something too. But I just couldn't get my mind past my work. I should have seen it."

"I worked for you because you hired me," Heidi whispers, "But one day, I realized that I did it for other reasons."

"I should have seen how much care you gave me as more than what it was," He smiles.

"I would still work hard if it was not true," Heidi says, "But at least you know why, I mean the little things."

"You know you can have a career too," William says.

"I'd like that," she says, "But who would take care of you?"

"I'll hire someone," He smiles, "Or we can just take care of each other."

"How does laundry duty work for you?" She grins as she hugs him.

"How about you teach me how to cook?" He smiled.

"Yeah," She whispers and kisses him again, "By the way, am I fired for running out?"

"More like promoted," William grinned, "Besides, you know as much about the business as I do. The trip to Atlanta next month is your show."

"Really?" Heidi smiles.

"I'll just sit back and watch while you make us money," William says.

"Us?" Heidi asks?

"Marry me," He smiles, "Please."

"Just tell me when, and I'll be there," She grins.

"How about 9 A.M. tomorrow," He smiles.

"What, you're serious?" She smiles.

"Yeah," He says, "Well maybe a ceremony in a month or so for show."

"Ok well," She said as she bit her lip thinking of just her own way of doing things, "Sorry but no."

"Oh," William says with a frown, "I understand. I guess it is rather sudden."

"Well yes actually," She smiles as she hugs him, "But not why you think."

"I'm confused," He says as she takes his hand and starts walking.

"Tomorrow is Saturday and the courthouse isn't open," Heidi smiles.

"Oh yeah. I've been so messed up the past several days, I forgot what day it is," William says.

"Well come on, your mother would be upset if you don't have some sort of event," She says.

"True," He says, "Plan it right then."

"William," Heidi says as she stops and looks at him, "Take me home."

"Gladly," William smiles.

"Come help me get my things?" She asks as she points to the motel entrance nearby.

"Of course," He smiles as they walk inside.

"You know I'm going to tell everyone how you came looking for me, right?" She says as they enter the elevator.

"Naturally," William grins.

"Well it's so romantic," Heidi says as the elevator door opens.

"Is this it?" He says as Heidi opened the door to the room.

"No, I thought we'd roll whoever is staying here. See what they got. Shh be quiet," She jokes.

"Funny," William says, "Same old Heidi, the jokester."

"Calling me old?", She smiles, "Watch it or you won't get any tonight."

"Any what?" He asks.

"Clueless. You're not drunk again are you?" She smiles as she opens the door.

"I don't get it," He says confused.

"Keep it up and you won't," She jokes.

"This place is," William starts as he looks around, "Nice."

"Remind me to make an eye appointment for you dear," She smiles.

"Yeah ok it's a dive," He smiles.

"It was good enough," Heidi says as she looks over her bags, "A bed and a roll of toilet paper to cry with."

"I'm sorry for that," William says as he looks around a bit confused, "You know, none of your bags are unpacked. You weren't staying long?"

"Yeah, something like that," Heidi smiles as she pulls her shirt over her head and sets it aside while looking for clothes.

"Do you need help with anything?" He asks.

"Yes in a minute," Heidi grins as she unbuttons her jeans and pushes them down.

"I remember those," William says as he notices the little heart on her panties, "Do you want me to go for a bit while you change?"

"You've seen me like this before, it's nothing new," She smiles as she turns her back to him and unclasps her bra.

"But not like that," William says as he watches her set the bra to the side.

William gazes at her as she does not return his comment right away. Arching her back in a stretching movement, he looks at her beautiful skin. As her arms rise, her auburn hair reaches midway down. Her back is turned but he can see a smile on face as she looks slightly to the side. As she looks forward again, her arms lower and reach her hips. Putting her fingers into the edges of her panties, she slowly lowers them to the floor. Looking at her complete form, he knows now what else he has been missing out on all this time.

"Ready?" Heidi says softly, still looking away from him.

"You still need to get dressed," William says.

"Not for what I'm ready for," She says as she turns around and slowly walks toward him.

"Are you sure?" He looks at her with surprise.

"I came close to making my intentions known last night," She smiles.

"Actually you did, but I was kinda stupid," He smiles as he watches her unbutton his shirt, take it off and toss it on the end of the bed.

"How do you feel now?" Heidi smiles as she opens the front of his trousers.

"Somewhat less than stupid," He smiles as he watches her gently pushes his trousers down and bend to the floor with them.

"Oh you're so handsome," Heidi says as she slowly stands again, but not before running her fingers up his leg.

"You know we could be more comfortable at home," William says.

"You really want me in agony on the long ride home? Besides, I am paid through tomorrow," She smiles.

"Oh, I was thinking this is one of those pay by the hour motels," He smiles.

"I see my type of humor is finally rubbing off on you," She smiles as she puts her fingers in the edges of his boxers, "Smartass."

"You're in every part of my life, even my laughs," William smiles as he watches her lower herself to the floor as she pulls his boxers down.

"You have no idea about the wild thoughts I've had about you before," Heidi said as she scratches her fingernails on his leg, "It really is so much more than love."

"No doubt me having a great business meeting," He grins as he looks down at her.

"Well what I could do to you after to celebrate," She says as her fingers gently touched his scrotum.

"Help me write the report?" William smiles, "That's excitement."

"Need to work on that sense of humor a bit more," Heidi says as her hands softly reach around his shaft, "Oh it's so beautiful."

"Thank you love," He says, "You are so kind to me."

Heidi moved her fingers with such care over him. He reacts gradually to her soft touch. Leaning forward she gently kisses him. Starting with his scrotum, and working her way up his shaft, simple small pecks touches him as his gradually extending penis brushes along her cheek. Softly kissing the tip, she works her way back down. The sensuality of her soft lips, and the warmth of her skin makes his knees weak. Heidi seems to sense this and gently pushes him back to the bed. He sits down and she kneels in front of him. Looking up at him she smiles.

William is not able to come up with words as he watches her and the joy she seems to be experiencing. Opening her mouth slightly she kisses his shaft again, this time he feels the warm wetness of her tongue. Slowly she opens her mouth and extends her tongue. Gently she presses it on the underside of him and licks from bottom to top a few times. Seeing his reaction, she smiles widely. Knowing in his mind it is the type of smile that one who loves another gives, he returns the gesture.