All Comments on 'Lost in the Light Ch. 08'

by Belderiever

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
BelderieverBelderieverabout 11 years agoAuthor

Yeah... I need to proofread more. Sorry folks, I'll be more thorough next time.

cittrancittranabout 11 years ago
Don't be too hard on yourself

I'd say you're doing much better than when you first started writing on here. I noticed a few errors, but not so many, which is about what I'd expect. And if you're editing this on your own, I'm even more impressed. (I really would recommend getting an editor though, if only because people tend to spot the errors of other people faster than they spot their own -- it's because your mind knows what you MEANT to write, so it just fills in the blanks/mix-ups.)

Anyways, I'm sure you could just write a sample paragraph or two (doesn't even need to be part of this story), which has some intentional errors in it. Or, better yet, you could have a potential editor proofread one of your previous submissions and send it to you with the corrections. This will dissuade any people who don't know English grammar & spelling from asking to 'edit' your work -- or trying to find out what the next chapter is, for that matter, as one of the authors I frequently read has come across that problem -- and it will get you people who actually want to help you improve your work.

(Were I not in college, I'd volunteer myself. Although because I'm writing on my own, I try not to read other people's things as much; I don't want to unintentionally plagiarise someone's work.)

Also, I enjoyed this chapter very much as well. I'll admit to being initially confused over who the red-haired woman was, but then it got cleared up. *wink*.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous