All Comments on 'Love amongst the Stacks'

by Michael142

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
SplitAcesSplitAcesabout 9 years ago
What fantastic characters!

Amy, especially is a dream come true; all that passion and not the least bit shallow. This was way too short to suit me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
loved the story

the characters felt real, if i were to have a daughter i'd name her amy for the exact same reasons michael likes her.

pope32767pope32767about 9 years ago
I wanted to like this, I really did

But Michael is just so contradictory. *Of course* he's a voracious reader. He not only knows the Sonnets from the Portuguese, he knows why they're called that. He didn't find *that* out on TV. He thinks in words like "intumescence". Okay, if he worked as an accountant, maybe he could get enough money to go to grad school just for the love of the subject, even if he didn't want to teach. And "bookworm", that's one of those terms that's insulting when a non-bookworm uses it, and I cringed every time he used it because *he's not one of us*: he keeps saying so.

And the ending? Something threatening and scary has just happened, and he brags about how he beat up his best friend? Oh, and "heart's balm" cases have been abolished in most common-law jurisdictions for a long time, alienation of affections does not apply to merely affianced persons, and men almost never won BP suits against women anyway!

Try and fix this story. Let Michael be Michael, not some weird mix of intellectual and anti-intellectual.

phred1phred1about 8 years ago
A Nice Romance Tale!

Wow! What a nice story . . . very well told . . . with a happy ending. Good job!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
More please!

This is a nice story on its own but still has lots of legs in it!

Privates1stClassPrivates1stClassover 4 years ago
Two bookworms...

doing bookworm things will eventually lead to breeding more little bookworms, I think.

I thoroughly enjoyed this story.

NitpicNitpicover 3 years ago
Bit

Bit too goody goody for me.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous