Love And War Bk. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Ladies and gentlemen", Jason addressed the 10 or so trainees. "This is my wife, Lieutenant Commander Delaara, former commanding officer of Gladius Wing, Romulan Imperial Fleet, and currently XO of the 155th Interceptor Squadron under yours truly."

"Commander, we've read your reports and watched the mission footage from the Ferengi incident out by Belaeus IX. That was some hot flying!" Cadet Janet Ryder said. She'd had a huge crush on Jason after meeting him at the Academy when she was still a plebe and he was about to graduate. "I also read your reports on the incident at NZ8-257. That is so romantic!"

The other female Cadets in the group were all smiling and nodding at the dashing pilot and his Romulan lover. Delaara and Jason blushed a bit.

"Well, it was a bit embarrassing when we got rescued," said Jason. "We were sleeping naked on the beach when the Enterprise's Away Team beamed down." Delaara and Jason both grinned at the memory of Will Riker's amusement, Beverly Crusher's embarrassment on their behalf, Jimmy Brower's appreciation of the situation, and Lt. Cmdr Worf's outright shock.

The Cadets all laughed at that, but their respect for the duo wasn't diminished in the least.

"Hey you two. No lollygagging with the plebes!" Lou chuckled. "We need some more beers for the group at your 5 o'clock, Cobalt and Demoness!"

"Roger that, Gunny", said Jason with a grin for the Cadets as he and Delaara turned back and started drawing more beers for the other customers.

*****

It was nearly 0200 hours when the last customers left for the night, and Jason was exhausted. Rash and Rachael were still dancing together on the dance floor to 'War of the Thrones', and doing a very nice waltz. Kralla was happily putting Vincent to bed for the night, and Big Lou had a huge grin on his face. "You guys are lifesavers! Spring Break at the Academy is great for business, but hell on my back." He gave Jason and Delaara a simultaneous bear hug. "Now, grab those two lovebirds on the way out, would ya?" he nodded to Ryan and Rachael.

"As soon as this song's over, Lou", said Ryan as the song was winding down.

"Lou, it was good seeing you," said Jason. "We're going to be spending the rest of our honeymoon by ourselves, just to let ya know."

"I hear ya, kid. Delaara, keep this boy honest, will ya, darlin'?" Lou smiled at her.

"Will do, Gunny", she said with a chuckle.

"Semper Fi, kids." He said as they left with Ryan and Rachael in tow.

*****

They sat around the coffee table in the living room, having a last beer before bed as Ryan recounted the meeting with Admiral Nelson.

"Nick is a good man," said Rachael as she toasted one of her oldest friends.

"I'll drink to that," said Delaara, guzzling back the dark German beer that reminded her so much of a Romulan Stout she loved back in the Empire. "This beer is just like Romulan Stout", she said with an appreciative smile.

"Honey, the Germans perfected beer hundreds of years ago", Jason laughed and kissed her.

"Well, we're off to bed after a good shag, I think," said Rachael, giving Ryan the 'fuck me' eyes and biting her lower lip.

"Whatever my Captain desires, sweet lady," said Rash as he stood and helped her to her feet. They disappeared into the guest room, locking the door behind them.

Jason and Delaara sat finishing their beers and cuddling together on the padded chair.

"Where's Rachael from, Jason?" She asked. "She has an odd way of putting things, and I don't know what she's even saying sometimes."

"She's from England. I think that's what attracted Rash to her in the first place, to be honest. He has a thing for the upper class English accent." He chuckled.

"She sounds similar to Jean-Luc", she nodded.

"Well, they were both educated at Oxford in England, but Jean-Luc is from France, originally." Jason clarified for her.

"Human culture is so fascinating," she said with a smile. "On Romulus, we had basically one culture, with several sub-cultures that weren't very big. I prefer Earth." She shrugged and kissed him tenderly.

"I prefer anywhere with you by my side, Delaara." He said in return.

"Let's get to bed, my love," she said finally after their beers were gone.

"Good idea, sweetheart." He said, standing and picking her up in his arms. He carried her back to their room, her head resting contentedly against his shoulder.

As they undressed and kissed, Jason knew that he wanted to be a father to their children, even more than he had before. She was his perfection.

"Make love to me, Jason," she said in her sexiest smokey voice. Bounce had compared her voice to Linda Fiorentino, a late 20th and early 21st century film actress with a very similar vocal pitch.

"Whatever my lady desires, sweetheart," he said as he kissed her lovingly and deeply, her hands running through his hair and down his back as he moved on top of her.

"Mmmmmm, I love you, Jason MacKenzie," she moaned as his lips reached her breasts, licking her nipples to full hardness.

"I love you too, Delaara MacKenzie," he replied just as softly, his lips continuing to explore her beautiful body. He kissed lower across her flat toned stomach. Her moans grew louder as he reached her pussy, inhaling her arousal as he kissed her tenderly there. He loved her taste, and could feel the mindmeld starting with her moans and gasps as his tongue brought her to climax. She tightened her grip on his hair, pushing his tongue deeper inside her as she came.

She knew that what they shared was special. Her climax fuelling the mindmeld and bringing them both almost more pleasure than they could bear. As he kissed his way up her body to her lips, she reached down and guided him into her. They joined as one and moaned in unison, hearts beating together as he moved into her, thrusting with her. They looked into each other's eyes and everything was right with the world. When they came together, the crescendo was deafening in their ears, the pinnacle of their physical lovemaking.

She rolled him onto his back and straddled him, kissing his lips and chest as he filled her completely with his seed. Their moans of love and lust finally satiated, they fell into a deep and dreamless sleep.

*****

Rachael awoke to the smell of sizzling bacon and eggs. She smiled and cuddled closer to Ryan as he moaned softly in his sleep. They had made love long and slow, the night before, and he had shown a tenderness and attention to her needs that he had rarely shown before.

Now that they were legally out in the open with their relationship, the urgency of fucking quickly was gone. It had been replaced by loving as lovers who'd had enough of the usual shagging for the thrill, and had moved on to the more romantic forms of sex.

She nudged him awake, and smiled at him as his eyes opened. "Good morning, loverboy," she said with a sexy tone to her voice. "I think Cobalt is fixing us some breakfast."

Ryan inhaled sharply through his nose. "Mmm, that smells good. I smell coffee brewing, too." He grinned.

Rachael giggled softly. She had experience with him and his coffee, knowing that was all it took to keep him up and wired for the entire day.

They got dressed quickly in civvies and went out to the kitchen. Cobalt and Demoness were already there, and she was only wearing a nightshirt she'd commandeered from Cobalt's old collection of oversized surfer t's. Rash noticed that she was molded to his back, and couldn't help but admire the perfect curve of her backside. He glanced at Rachael, and she was dressed sexy as hell in her short denim shorts and tank top that showed off her full tits to their utmost.

"Morning, guys. Breakfast will be on momentarily," said Jason with a grin as he and Delaara turned to smile at their friends.

"Take your time, Jason," said Rachael as she sat at the breakfast nook. Ryan was making a beeline for the coffee pot, and grabbed four mugs from the cabinet with the ease of long familiarity. He poured the cups and added sugar and creamer for Rachael, knowing how she liked hers.

"Hey, brother. Coffee is poured for you and Delaara," he said after he'd taken a long swig from his mug. He carried his and Rachael's mugs to the breakfast nook and handed her the latte.

"Thanks, Rash," said Delaara with a grin. She took her mug and sipped, enjoying the flavor of the Colombian beans. She'd developed a taste for coffee, and revelled in the sweet bitterness of it. It reminded her of all she had now compared to before she'd been shot down over NZ8-257.

"It's ready, guys." Jason said as he plated their food. He handed plates to Rachael and Rash first, with forks, and then handed a plate to Delaara with a smile. They took their spots and dug in.

"Cobalt, this is wonderful!" Rachael exclaimed with sincerity. "It's honestly better than I thought you would make." She laughed.

"Thanks, Captain," said Jason with a wry smile.

Delaara loved his cooking, and told him so. "You make the simplest dishes shine, baby."

"I had good inspiration," he said with a smile, kissing her lightly.

Rash said "Man, this is some good stuff! Your mom would be proud of ya, Cobalt!"

"Thanks, Rash. She taught me how to cook, but you already knew that." He laughed.

They ate in companionable silence, and Delaara cleared their plates to the dishwasher when they'd finished.

They sat in front of the vidscreen on the wall and talked for a bit before checking the news.

"....and in San Francisco today, the Ferengi delegation continues to stonewall Starfleet's investigation of rumors that Ferengi interests have been smuggling contraband through Federation territory." The newscaster was being deliberately vague.

"Babies are 'contraband' now??" asked Rachael with indignation. Her eyes flashed.

"Honey, if they were to say that infants were being smuggled, we'd have riots in the streets, full of people demanding we wipe the Ferengi out", Ryan reasoned with her.

"It's something I'd be bloody well glad to do, then!" Rachael was usually calm and composed, even under the most withering of fire. However, when something threatened children, her maternal instincts kicked in, and she became an Avenging Angel of Doom to those who would do harm to the young and defenseless.

Delaara agreed with her, squeezing her hand tightly in support. For his part, Jason just stared implacably at the screen as the story unfolded.

Their combadges beeped all at once, and Rachael answered hers. "Captain Thatcher here. What is it, Commander?"

"We have new orders, ma'am", came the CAG's voice over the comm. "All shore leave is now cancelled by order of Starfleet Command, and we've been recalled to duty," he finished. As per procedure, all orders were forwarded to the ship itself and its officer of the day.

"We copy, CAG," she said. "I'm with Cobalt, Rash, and Demoness now. We'll be heading back up shortly." She confirmed. The rest nodded at her, and grabbed their bags and bolted to the Mjolnir in the driveway. They threw their bags in the back and strapped in as Jason threw the ignition switch and the beast roared to life.

"Nimitz, this is Skull Leader, We'll be on deck in five mics", Jason said as he nosed the bomber upwards and went to full impulse.

"It's war," said Rachael in a low whisper. Nobody onboard the bomber disagreed with her.

-------------------------------------------------

Into Glory, Ride

In high orbit above Earth.

They were all gathered on the Bridge as Admiral Nelson's broadcast went out to the fleet. Rash stood beside Rachael's command chair, and Jason was holding Delaara from behind as they listened to the Old Man.

"We are now at war with the Ferengi Consortium", the Admiral said in a grave voice. "All combat vessels are ordered to the Bajor system to coordinate for an assault on Ferengi interests and defenses at this time."

"You heard the man, people," said Rachael in her usual calm manner. "Helm, set course for Deep Space Nine and engage at maximum warp."

"Aye aye, ma'am," said the ensign at the controls. The viewport showed them entering warp.

Rachael turned on the ship's PA. "We know what we're going to be up against," she said calmly. "I know that you will all be up to it. I have the best bloody crew in the Federation, and we will win this war!"

The cheers could be heard on every deck, and Rachael smiled to herself with pride in her ship, her crew, and her pilots.

She went to her Ready Room with Cobalt, Demoness, Rash, and the CAG in tow. As they sat, she moved to the front of her desk and sat back against it.

"You all know what we're in for. The Ferengi aren't as adept as the Romulans, militarily, but they do employ mercenaries, usually Orions." She said calmly. "Demoness, you've fought Orions before. What should we expect?" She looked Delaara as she asked the question.

"They're savage in combat, Captain," she said. "I've seen them sacrifice themselves in order to destroy their targets, and they have no fear of death."

"Sounds like the Klingons," said Commander Jerov with a snort.

"Except that unlike Klingons, Orions have no honor, and will use civilians as shields", said Delaara. "They're smart, ruthless, and completely without conscience. All their Guild cares about is money." She finished.

Rachael nodded. "Anything to add, Cobalt?" She looked at her Skull Leader.

"Well, I've only faced them on the ground with Delaara on NZ8-257, but I can tell you with certainty that the best hope for defeating them is to catch them offguard. It was how we were able to beat them. Well, that and Delaara's deadly accuracy with her Disruptor," he grinned.

They chuckled and the tension was broken. "Good to know. CAG, I want all squadrons briefed and battle plans drawn up for engaging Orion targets", Rachael ordered.

"You got it, Rachael." Jerov said as he left the Ready Room.

"If they try to kamikaze Nimitz, I'll need tactics for defense against suicide attacks," she said to her Skulls. "Get with the other Squadron commanders and let them know that we're going to need everyone in defense of Nimitz at a moment's notice." She looked at Cobalt and Demoness.

Jason nodded as he and Delaara rose, and left to talk to Stiletto and Scorpion Squadrons.

Rachael looked at Rash. "Ryan, would you be so kind as to lock the door, please? We still have about 4 hours until we reach DS9."

*****

Commander Worf looked at Ezri Dax, his wife, and knew Jadzia would have approved. His son, Alexander, had transferred to Starfleet Fighter Command from the Klingon Military, and was on DS9 to await the arrival of the USS Nimitz.

"Worf, don't worry. Alexander will be fine!" She told him. "Rachael is a great captain, and he'll have the closest surrogate family ever." She said with a smile. "They'll look out for him, so don't worry."

"I know, but he's my son, so it's my duty to worry," he said with a sigh.

"Well come on. Colonel Kira has a briefing for us for when the fleet arrives," she said and dragged the big warrior from his chair.

*****

Colonel Kira sat in her office and read the daily reports. Odo was standing in front of her, pacing back and forth. "Odo, would you please calm down? You're making it hard for me to think," she said.

"I still believe we should incarcerate Rom and Quark, if only for their own protection. Feelings toward the Ferengi are at an all time low right now," he said, real concern in his voice.

She sighed. "Fine, protective custody it is, but only if they say yes," she said with an exasperated smile.

Odo was already moving toward the door to her office as her combadge beeped. "Colonel, this is Chief O'Brien. The Nimitz has dropped from warp and is on final approach to docking arm 2."

"Thank you, Chief," she said with a smile. "I'll go meet them in a moment." She closed her console down and walked out to the promenade. Garak joined her as they walked towards Docking arm 2.

"Hello, Elim," she said with a warm smile for her Cardassian friend. "What brings you out today?"

"Well, since I joined Starfleet Intelligence, all they have me do is paperwork this, and paperwork that. It's cutting into my business," he complained jovially. "I was hoping to get a good look at the Federation's newest weapons and meet some of the people who fly them."

Kira laughed. Garak was the best tailor in the Alpha Quadrant, and he knew how to break the ice. As a former Obsidian Order operative, he was well versed in coercion, combat, and cooperation.

"Well, come on, then. Rachael is coming aboard with a few of her staff, including a surprise she said she had for me." Kira was always wary of Rachael's surprises, but she had seemed very cheerful and almost giddy when they'd spoken.

"I look forward to meeting your friend, Colonel," said Garak with a smile. He had grown fond of the new commanding officer of Deep Space Nine since Captain Sisko had disappeared. They had become closer over the past few years, and often went on dinner 'dates' together. He even confided in her about his time as an Obsidian Order operative.

For Kira's part, she had grown to like Elim Garak, and even have some romantic feelings for him. It was hard for her to open herself to anyone, and she was doubly suspicious of Garak due to his shady past. However, over the past few years, they had developed a sort of bond.

They entered the turbolift up to the docking port, and as they ascended, Garak turned and kissed her cheek. When she turned, shocked, he said "Colonel, I enjoy your company immensely, and was wondering if you would have dinner with me tomorrow night in my quarters. I should have the latest batch of paperwork filed by then."

He looked nervous, and was that a blush she saw? A former Cardassian superspy had just asked her to a romantic dinner for two, and he looked nervous as hades!

She felt her heart flutter a bit. "Elim, I would love to have dinner with you tomorrow night," she said with a radiant smile. His delighted smile lifted her spirits as she kissed him lightly on the lips.

As the lift opened, they exited to stand before the airlock. It cycled quickly, and out stepped 3 Humans and a Romulan. Garak's eyes went wide as he saw her, and relexively shifted his weight into an unobrusive combat stance. Then he noticed that she was holding hands with the bearded male Human, and his curiosity came out. "Welcome to Deep Space Nine," he said with a smile, beating Colonel Kira to it. "I'm Elim Garak, the station tailor, and this is Colonel Kira Nerys, the station's commanding officer," he said with a smile to everyone.

"Good to meet you, Garak", said the female Human with a smile as she turned to Kira. "Nerys, I have some wonderful news! Is there someplace private we can talk?"

"Let's go to my office, Rachael." Kira said with a smile for her friend. "Garak's all right, he's just talkative." They laughed like the old friends they were, and got into the turbolift down to the promenade.

"Well, Commanders", Garak said, addressing the bearded male Human and the female Romulan. "It's good to meet you both", he smiled.

"Good to meet you too, Mr. Garak", said the man with a smile. "I'm Jason MacKenzie, and this is my wife, Delaara."

"Your wife? That's unexpected," he said with a surprised look.

Kira turned and said "Garak! Don't be rude to our guests!"

"It's quite a story, Nerys. We'll fill you both in when we reach your office. Also, Ryan and I have something to confess to you," the female Captain said with a smile.

Garak was intrigued beyond measure. The three pilots, for he recognized their flight suits, tended to be alert and always looking around as they entered the Promenade and headed up to the Colonel's office. As they entered, Garak's curiosity was about to burst when Kira finally asked what the surprise was.

"Well, Ryan and I have been together for about a year now, and we're getting married!" Rachael grinned and hugged Kira, who was grinning ear to ear as well. Ryan was smiling and blushing, still not fully used to their relationship being out in the open.