Love And War Bk. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Excalibur has reported that the Orions who hit Risa have been captured in a failed raid on Omicron Epsilon III. We will be sending the USS Hood to Risa to provide security until the base can be built planetside with an entire Wing of Starfighters there to bolster Risa's defenses. Nimitz is hereby discharged from Risa Guard Duty." Admiral Nelson finished.

"Do we have new orders, Nick?"

"You are to report to Vulcan to collect Ambassador Spock. Then transport him to Romulus." He said.

"Not that I'm complaining, Nick, but doesn't Enterprise usually do the diplomatic runs?" Rachael had raised her eyebrows at the request.

"Usually, yes. This time, however, we wanted to show the Romulans that we would be willing to extend a different olive branch, this time around. And before you say anything, Commander Delaara has had her exile lifted completely. Ambassador Spock's doing, if you must know. She may return home at any time." Admiral Nelson was grinning broadly now.

"That's great news! Rachael exclaimed, smiling. "I'll inform her immediately. We'll proceed to Vulcan and collect Ambassador Spock and deliver him to Romulus as ordered, sir." Rachael was smiling still at the thought of her Wing XO's reaction to the news.

"Very good, Captain. We'll see you when you return. Nelson, out."

*****

Ambassador Spock was welcomed aboard by Rachael, Rash, Marie, Jason, and Delaara. Rachael had contacted him while they were enroute to pick him up, and they'd agreed that he would be the one to tell her about her exile being lifted.

Delaara was grinning widely as her adopted uncle materialized on the transporter pad.

"Peace and long life, Ambassador Spock," said Rachael with the customary Vulcan salute.

The elderly Vulcan raised his hand as well. "Live long and prosper, Rachael." He smiled. As he'd grown older, he realized the futility of refusing his Human side, and had embraced emotions to an extent.

Rachael hit her combadge. "Thatcher to Reynolds. Ambassador Spock is secured aboard. Set course for Romulus at maximum warp and engage, please."

"Aye, ma'am. Course set and engaging warp now." Marie replied.

"Thank you, Marie. Thatcher, out."

Jason and Delaara moved forward to greet their adopted uncle. Spock shook hands with Jason and hugged Delaara. "We're glad to see you, Uncle Spock." Delaara said.

"I am pleased to see both of you as well, Delaara. And Jason, I hope she's not running you too ragged. I remember her running everywhere as a child." Spock smiled at the memory.

"I was energetic back then, Uncle Spock," she said.

"She keeps me on my toes, sir." Jason was grinning ear to ear at the revelation of his wife's childhood.

Spock raised one eyebrow. "I would imagine." He smiled.

"I wasn't that bad, Uncle Spock!" Delaara chuckled.

Spock spoke to Jason. "Don't believe a word of that, Jason. She and her cousin Donatra were inseparable, and would run everywhere together. I cannot count how many times their parents worried about them getting into trouble."

Jason laughed and looked at Delaara. "Honey, I think the cat's out of the bag. You were a wild child!"

"I'll show you 'wild' later, hotshot!" She grinned wickedly.

"I believe my ears are too old for any further conversation along those lines." Spock chuckled himself. "But I do have news for you, Delaara."

She looked at him. "What is it, uncle?"

"Your exile has been lifted by the Romulan government, and you are free to visit whenever you wish." He smiled at her.

Delaara was shocked to her core. How had it happened? What had changed the Praetor's mind? In their last communication, he had declared her a traitor, and would only allow her two visits a year for family holidays, while the rest of the year she would be shot on sight if she entered the Neutral Zone.

Her voice was barely above a croak. "How?" It was all she could manage.

"Well, reason and love won out in our negotiations the last time I was there. Also, I was on Vulcan to ask them if your half Vulcan heritage would be taken into account for your possible citizenship, should you apply." Spock smiled kindly.

"Oh my God, Uncle Spock!" She threw her arms around him, hugging him tight. Jason was grinning broadly at seeing her so happy.

Rachael was also smiling broadly at her friend's happiness.

*****

Delaara, newly given her Romulan citizenship back, was now a dual citizen of both Empire and Federation. She danced around their quarters on cloud nine, and resolved that never again would the Empire go to war with the Federation. No longer would they be enemies. Once other Romulans got to meet Jason and her other friends, they would stand against any further war efforts against her adopted home.

Jason watched with a warm smile on his face. She was as happy as he'd ever seen her. She was humming 'Armageddon' by Holyhell. While the lyrics were dark, the tempo was upbeat and even cheerful, depending on how you looked at it.

She jumped on him and straddled his hips, grinning down at him. "My love, we're going home to visit! You can meet the rest of my FAMILY!" She pushed him down and pinned him to the bed as she kissed him passionately. He kissed her back just as deeply, and then she broke the kiss with a surprised look on her face.

"We have to tell Rachael that we're spending Christmas with them. Do you think that she and Rash would come? We can introduce my family to yours!" Her mind was racing with the possibilities.

"We can ask. They should be in 11Forward right now." Jason grinned. Her parents already liked Ryan and Rachael.

"Ok, let's go, baby!" She jumped off of him. Then she stopped. "Let's call my parents first and ask if it's ok, baby."

"Sounds good to me, honey." Jason was getting just as excited as she was.

They went to the desk in their quarters and Delaara placed the call. It was answered immediately by her father.

"Father, we'll be home for Liberation Day. The Praetor lifted my exile!" She said by way of greeting.

The old Romulan's face burst into a broad smile. "That's wonderful news, you two! I heard that Spock is coming as well."

"He's on board now, father! We're transporting him to Romulus now." She said. "Oh, and could we include Captain Thatcher and Ryan this year, father? They're the closest to family that Jason has left." Her eyes were pleading.

No father can resist his daughter when she gives him that look. "The more the merrier, sweety." He replied with a smile. "Now, when are you and Jason going to make me a grandfather?"

"We're trying, dad." Jason said. Stovrin blinked at that. He knew the human custom of calling their fathers 'dad', but it sounded both strange and nice to hear it from his son-in-law.

"I hope its soon! I'm getting old, you know!" He grumped.

"Father, you're barely 110!" Delaara laughed. Jason thought he looked around 50 or so.

Her mother came into the camera shot. "Greetings, you two. Did I hear right and you would be here for Liberation Day?"

"We're on the way now, mom. We have Spock onboard the Nimitz and transporting him to Romulus." Jason said. He liked his mother-in-law. She was a sweet lady, and not at all like most Vulcans he'd met.

"Oh, and since Liberation Day coincides with Christmas, we'll be celebrating that too," Delaara said. "If you don't want to, we can do Christmas privately."

The Ambassadors looked at each other and smiled. "We are familiar with Christmas, sweetie. We would love to celebrate it with you and your family, Jason. Ryan and Rachael are welcome as well. Oh, and tell Spock that he had better show up this year!" T'Rya said.

"We'll make sure they all get the message. Thank you both. You don't know how much this means to us. Thanks, mom and dad." Jason was smiling at them both.

*****

"So we were wondering if you two would like to spend Christmas/Liberation day with us at my parents' house." Delaara was talking to Rachael with Ryan right beside her.

"Delaara, it would be our pleasure to join you and your family for our combined holidays." Rachael was grinning, and Ryan was nodding with a smile.

"Yes! Don't worry, we cleared it with the Ambassadors already. Now we just need to find Spock and tell him that they have not only requested, but demanded his presence this year." Jason grinned.

"I accept," Spock said from right behind Jason and Delaara.

"Sweet! He saved you two a walk!" Ryan was chuckling.

"Thank you, sir," said Jason to Spock. "We're looking forward to spending Christmas and Liberation Day together as a family, finally. It wouldn't be right without her favorite uncle there."

"It's my pleasure, son," said Spock with a smile for his newest adopted nephew.

"Well, it's time we got to bed," Rachael said with a yawn. "You guys all have fun, and we should be in orbit around Romulus in 36 hours."

*****

When they reached the Neutral Zone, Captain Thatcher transmitted the Diplomatic Codes for Ambassador Spock Romulan High Command. They were welcomed with a smile, and Nimitz once again engaged warp to Romulus. 4 hours later, they were in orbit around the planet.

"Oh my God it's snowing!" Rash looked about him in wonder as they materialized outside the front door of Ambassador Stovrin's estate. "This is so cool!"

Rachael grinned at her husband. He had such a childlike innocense sometimes, it made her smile and laugh. "Sweetheart, let's ring the doorbell or whatever they have and get inside. You can make a snowman later." She chuckled.

"Sounds like a plan to me, Rachael," Jason said as he touched the button next to the door. The sound of windchimes sounded in the air.

The door was answered by an elderly Romulan. He looked them over before his eyes finally settled on Delaara, who was smiling at him. He broke into a grin. "Delaara! Your mother and father are in the den with several of your cousins already. Come in, all of you." He stepped back to let them enter.

"Thank you, Trovas," Delaara said to her family's butler as she hugged him. Jason and Ryan both shook his hand, as did Rachael.

They were shown into the den where T'Rya jumped up and ran to give them all a hug. Her father rose as well and walked to meet them.

"Good to see you made it. Where's Spock?" Stovrin asked.

"He had to meet with the Praetor about something, but said he would be here soon," said Rachael.

"Well, it's good that you're all here. Let me introduce some of our extended family." Stovrin was smiling warmly.

"Donie!" Delaara screamed suddenly and ran to hug a gorgeous Romulan woman with blue eyes and dark reddish hair.

"Delie!" said her cousin, hugging her tight. Delaara broke free finally, and brought her over to meet her friends. "Donie, this is my husband Jason, and our friends Ryan and Rachael. Everyone, this is my cousin Commander Donatra!"

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Donatra", Jason said with a bow of respect.

"Hey, good looking. Come here. You're family now!" Donatra grabbed Jason and hugged him tight.

They all laughed at that, and Donatra was grinning broadly at him. She turned to Delaara. "You never said he was THIS handsome, cousin!"

"That's because I know how you can be sometimes, Donie!" Delaara said in mock anger, then grinned as she looked at her other family. "Donie and I used to get in all sorts of trouble together!"

"I knew Spock wouldn't lie about that," Jason grinned and kissed his wife.

"Delie and I went through the Academy at the same time," explained Donatra. "We had way too much fun after classes!"

"Donatra, it sounds like you know how to party!" Ryan grinned as he hugged Rachael. "I think I know someone you should meet." He chuckled, thinking of Bolter in Bounce's flight. "I could check and see if Bolter is available for a drinking contest."

"I kind of told them that you were the reigning champion of the Academy drinking competition, Donie." Delaara was grinning evilly.

Donatra raised an eyebrow. "So this Bolter thinks he can outdrink me, does he?"

"Donie, he outdrank Rash here, and he's pretty much the king drunk in the entire Federation!" Delaara was laughing. "I've seen Rash here drink Klingons under the table with Blood Wine."

"And this Bolter guy can outdrink even you?" Donatra was looking at Rash with new respect.

"He outdrank me and five Klingon warriors when we were training on Kling right after we got posted to the Nimitz," said Ryan with a grin.

Cole 'Bolter' McBride was the drinking champion of the Nimitz, Enterprise, and anywhere else he got into a drinking competition.

"In that case, I wouldn't mind meeting him." Donatra licked her lips like a woman about to eat her favorite meal.

"Well, since Liberation Day isn't until tomorrow, let's all go on up to Nimitz right now and watch this one." Rachael said. She was looking forward to seeing Bolter put in his place. She leaned in close and whispered to Donatra. "Tear the bloody wanker a new one, sweetie." She winked at her new best friend. Donatra grinned and winked back.

*****

Donatra beamed up with Jason, Delaara, Rachael, and Ryan along with Stovrin himself, who wouldn't miss this for the world. T'Rya had elected to stay home with the other cousins until they returned.

Donatra turned to Jason. "I hope you have Romulan Ale onboard. A lot of it." She grinned.

"We do. Don't worry. It's Bolter's favorite drink." Jason grinned back.

They went into the turbolift and headed up to the flight deck. Jason had checked, and Bolter should be coming off duty in a moment. Donatra looked around her with appreciation at the flight hangar full of Valkyries. Then she turned and saw the man of her dreams walking towards her. She didn't know what it was about him, but he radiated confidence and self awareness. Cole saw them standing there and walked towards them.

"Hey, Cole," said Jason. "This is Delaara's cousin, Commander Donatra. Donatra, this is Ensign Cole McBride, callsign 'Bolter'."

"Pleasure to meet ye, darlin'." Cole said, turning on his Irish charm. He was from Dublin, and grew up drinking. He joined the Academy at the age of 22, and was known by then to have drank several Klingons under the table already. Now 27, he was even tougher to beat in a drinking contest.

Donatra had never heard a man call her that before. She said "Hey there, handsome. I hear you think you can drink."

"Aye, I can. Would ye like a demonstration, sweetie?" He smiled and winked at her.

Rachael hated the Irishman, just on principle. She liked him, but hated him at the same time. She couldn't wait to see Donatra take him down a peg.

"Tell you what, Cole. If I win, you come home with me tonight." Donatra had a glint in her eye as she looked him up and down.

"I like the way ye think, luv. But what do I get if I win?" He replied.

"Well, if you win, you get to come home with me tonight." She winked.

"Sounds like whichever of us loses, we both win, darlin'." Cole was liking this lady more and more, and the feeling was very mutual.

"Well, then let's go to your bar and we can have a real contest," Donatra said with a wink at her new crush.

He offered his arm to her. "Then I'll be more than happy to show ye." She took his arm as they walked towards the turbolift.

Once they reached 11Forward, they quickly found a table, and Rachael paid for a bottle of Romulan Ale.

"We'll need more than just one, Captain," grinned Cole. Rachael grinned back, liking the young rake more than she would like to admit. He was charming. Even more charming than Roy.

"Fine then, you wanker. Jake, we need at least one more bottle." She laughed.

Cole poured the first round of shots for them and lifted his glass in salute to his newest opponent. "Here's to ye, darlin'. Your beauty is only outshined by your courage!"

They drank, and Donatra poured the second round. "And here's to you, Cole. I almost hate having to beat you." They both laughed and drank.

Halfway through the bottle, they were getting a slight buzz on. "Here's to ye, Donatra. May yer victories always be decisive." Drink.

The toasts continued until the bottle was gone, and a new bottle arrived. Both were feeling the effects, but they weren't worried. They'd both outdrank Klingons in the past.

Donatra drank her shots with Cole, and they never lost eye contact with each other. She could see the steel resolve in the heart of the Irishman, and he could see the iron core at the heart of the beautiful Romulan.

"Merry Christmas, Donatra," toasted Cole as they drank.

"Festive Liberation Day, Cole," toasted Donatra right back as they downed yet another shot. The second bottle was nearly gone, yet neither of them showed signs of tiring.

"This could go on all night." Ryan was in awe of his friends. "Do we really have enough Ale for this?"

*****

By the end of the third bottle, both were pretty well plastered. Donatra was slurring her toasts, and Cole was wavering in his chair. Tavolk was standing by with sobering shots for both Human and Romulan physiologies, and was thoroughly enjoying the show. Tanya on his arm was cheering them both on, as she had never seen such a display of alcoholic prowess.

The fourth bottle of Ale went the way of the third, and Donatra was about to concede. She could barely think straight, let alone lift the shot glass to her lips. Cole was faring no better by the time the fifth bottle got there. He poured and they both drank with no toasts this time, just grins for each other.

Donatra poured some more, and went to lift the drink as she passed out. Cole almost saw himself win before he passed out as well.

Tavolk moved forward calmly and administered the shots to each of them.

"Holy shit! They drank each other under the freakin' table!" Ryan had never seen anything like it. They had killed off nearly five full bottles of Romulan Ale!

The two titans of alcohol regained consciousness and helped each other to their feet. "So who won?" Cole asked with a grin.

"It was a tie, man." Ryan had an awestruck look in his eyes for the both of them. "Wow! Nearly five full bottles of Romulan Ale gone!"

Cole and Donatra looked at each other and laughed. "Well, darlin'. What do we do in case of a tie?"

"Easy one, flyboy. You come home with me." She winked.

"I can live with that." Cole said with a grin as they headed out to the turbolift down to the transporter room.

*****

"Aunt T'Rya, this is my newest friend Cole. Cole, this is my family.

"A pleasure to meet all of ye," he said with a disarming smile.

Jason laughed. "Cole is a good guy. He's one of my brother pilots."

"Thanks, Commander," said Cole.

"Cole, I have something I'd like to show you. Come with me." Donatra had that look in her eyes as she pulled Cole away from the rest of them. He went with a shrug and a smile.

"We'll be back soon, I'm sure!" He said as Donatra pulled him out of sight.

Stovrin chuckled. "If I hadn't seen it, I wouldn't have believed it. That boy went toe to toe with Donatra in a Romulan Ale drinking contest and nearly won."

"It was a tie. I've NEVER seen either of them end up in a draw before!" Delaara was laughing hard, as were Jason, Rachael, and Ryan.

"He did?" T'Rya was impressed. "No wonder she likes him!" They all laughed even more at that.

"She was flirting with him before the drinking contest, mom," said Jason with a grin. "It must be his Irish charm."

"Honey, he's got nothing on you," said Delaara, kissing him lovingly.

"Mmmmm sweetheart. We also have this thing on Earth around Christmas time called Mistletoe. If you hang it up, and see someone of the opposite gender standing under it, you can give them a kiss." Jason was hoping some traditions caught on here.

They all laughed again. "Baby, I'm not going to hang up anything just as an excuse to kiss you." She proved it by kissing him until his toes curled. Her parents turned away in embarrassment.

1...345678