All Comments on 'Love: At What Cost'

by Myhands316

Sort by:
  • 39 Comments
RichardDarkRichardDarkover 13 years ago
Very Believable and Likeable Characters

I felt as if I really wanted to meet these people. That kind of writing talent is a real gift. I loved the line about being able to "stand that much love." You should consider keeping this storyline going, as I would be fascinated to know what happens next.

The story was erotic, thought-provoking and portrayed real human emotions and situations. One of the best I've read here for a long time. Thanks for all the hard work you obviously did.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
WAY Overwritten!

A decent editor would have removed a good third of this - maybe as much as half. So overly wordy that it's too hard to get into. There's a good story in there, but you buried it, then sealed it over with concrete!

poisonedLustpoisonedLustover 13 years ago
It was good..

I think it was a great story line.umm you did repeat yourself alot so it gave it the feeling of being a little over written. and they fell inlove super fast!lol but good work, I like it!

jkneusjkneusover 13 years ago
Overwritten, I don't think so.....

There's a lot of story in this story. If there was extra prose then it helped make the characters real. I judge a story or book by how the "movie in my head" is running, and this story had plenty. Of course the "coincidence" between Linda and Michelle's family went just a little far, but as one of my favorite authors once said, "it's fiction, get over it"

RubyRedLipsRubyRedLipsover 13 years ago
Let's have a round of applause for old time romance!

That comment down below about a good editor removing a third of the story(?), that's ignorance of narrative prose or the twitter generation speaking. What we have here folks, is a good old-fashioned, "good guys win in the end" love story; and I liked it!

That being said, however, the denoument was a bit abruptly handled with Kim's THREESOME; can you say overkill? Honestly, wouldn't a lesbian dalliance have achieved a better empathetic effect?

But, overall.....absolutely loved it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Overwritten??

The idea that this is overwritten is nonsense. It is a love story, and a great one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Lovely. Amazing.

This story was brilliant, I loved how it went through all the problems a family would deal with. There are some mistakes, but its understandable - i would have been the same! Some of the comments are too harsh. Yes you could have done better, but what is here in this story is brilliant and imaginative. Well done! I loved reading it!

rainbowsmmrainbowsmmover 13 years ago
I really liked it

I liked the build up as well as the various stages of conflict then resolution. Very realistic. It brought to the fore the reality that patience is required in all relationships and it showed the very real challenges that children can and do go through when trying to adjust. Additionally it allows us to see that sometimes, the very persons that we think will have issues with our orientation may be the very ones who'll support us unconditionally.

jessicaj64jessicaj64over 13 years ago
Nonsense

The former comments about being overwritten, that is. This is a wonderful story - I loved it! Would it be possible to find faults? Sure, but that is true of most stories of any caliber. This is a sweet, touching and, above all, thoroughly enjoyable romantic love story. I loved how all the family members were more than mere bit parts, and I especially loved Linda's mother, Maud! As for the coincidence of the lives that Maud and Michelle's father, Richard, shared previously - I didn't find that at all hard to believe.

I loved every minute of it; thank you for making a lonely woman happy, and, for a moment, at least, believe the impossible to be possible.

CharleenWCharleenWover 13 years ago
Really enjoyed

I really enjoyed reading a fab story with plot believable characters. Well done

LadyB06LadyB06over 13 years ago
OMG!!!!

This was story was one of the sweetest stories i have read in a long time. I love how the sex did not overpower the love beteen them. Most stories involving lesbian couples all seem to center around the sex but there is so much more (thou the sex is good). Good job and keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Ahhh

I love, love, love this story! Refreshing to read something actually believable and sweet and not have the story overpowered by so much sex, but still have it be sexy. Michelle is like my new favorite character ever. Don't ever stop writing; this is seriously tops.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
story

coo

Zubradevine2010Zubradevine2010almost 13 years ago
Love it

I love love love your stories so much, please never ever stop writting!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
(:

Really great story. I loved it. Especially the part when she said try and look into the future five or ten years... the one you can't see yourself without, that's the one you should be with. That's is soo cute. <333

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
<^-^>

Loved the story. Makes me wanna find someone like Linda -- all or nothing.5364

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Pageturner

The story got me hooked from the beginning once i started i couldn't stop reading it. The storyline was one of the best ive read in this place. So keep up the good work and ime looking forward to read more of your stuff!

john1946john1946over 12 years ago
Great

What a great story. I really enjoyed the way you kept the plot moving. It really flowed. This is one of the better stories I have read and I look forward to reading more of your work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Awesome

I have a crush on Michelle. I want someone who will call me Sugar. Great story!

no1wvsteelerfanno1wvsteelerfanabout 12 years ago

Great read....loved it from beginning to the end!

fingers46fingers46almost 12 years ago
Fantastic,great romance

Romantic,erotic,great story line

FridayschildFridayschildover 11 years ago
If only....

Tim was there too, it would be perfect. Love Linda's unconditional love. Wish all of us were so bold. I am not gay, but I totally get this. Bravo!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
If only

we could all learn to accept and honor love, even when it doesn't fit into a traditional box. Great story. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Loved it!

I just loved this story. Very romantic. Worth it fully. It shows unconditional love straight or not. That's what I liked. There were some small spelling errors but I didn't mind them at all. And yes gave 5/5.

birdintreebirdintreeover 10 years ago

i really love this story, especially the fight part between Linda and Michelle, interesting and romantic

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 10 years ago
Well Written

I really enjoyed this, I didn't feel that it was over-written at all. If there was repetition I didn't notice it.

As for errors, I'm a bit infamous for nit-picking, but if there were any errors I skipped right over them because you had me so wrapped up in the story.

I hope Kim's story has as happy an ending!

adidasgaladidasgalover 10 years ago
LOVED IT!

OMW! Great minds think alike hey sbrooks103? LoL. I see we both read the same story simultaneously and as for nit-picking mmmm not infamous, FAMOUS *grin* Some of your "nit-picking"carries merit though. :-)

Loved this story, brilliant and imaginative. ** TOTALLY AWESOME **

ToadattoadhallToadattoadhallalmost 10 years ago
Another great story

I really enjoyed this story, I don't care that in places it is obvious, I just enjoyed the ride! Please keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Beautiful

Loved the story line could not stop reading,

it was a nice tale with a good ending keep it up.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago

very open,hope everthing works for them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Great!!!

Excellent writing. Thank you

luvandluckluvandluckover 7 years ago

Really enjoyed this, didnt think i would like this as much as i did when i first started but i luved it! Keep up the good work, sugar!

TSreaderTSreaderover 7 years ago
Wow!

A truly fantastic love story! Lots of fun to read and get lost in! Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Wonderfully written story. I couldn't put it down. Loved it!

alexwatson62alexwatson62over 5 years ago
ONE DAY .....

....... you may write a tale that I don`t like I suppose, but todays not that day :)

The grandmother reminds me of my own late Gran, well minus the money lol.

If she had something to say you listened, she was always right.

Unusual for the daughter to have the most to say against the couple, but definitely not impossible or even implausible. As we all know, in life the strongest objections come from where we least expect them.

Another winner from you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Myhands, I'm not sure if you are around any more to read this but I thought it was a really good story. Well written and edited. You made the characters very believable.

Thank you for writing and sharing it with us. Please, if you have the time write some more.

5/5

J

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A common theme emerges "seduce" while a female is intoxicated or under emotional distress. Throw in jabs of men being bad and how women "know" women and Wala! brainwashing completed.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

What a beautiful story with its share of sadness, angst, emotional growth, love, passion, and family dynamics coupled with selfless joy. As Linda said, "relationships are complicated," but love finds a way when the lovers are true. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

The story was well written but this is a sex site and the sex was not described mostly at all. At best a PG rating

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMyhands316@Myhands316
The most recent update! Hi, and thank you for taking time to read this. Hello, I have received questions from a few readers asking why I haven't posted anything new. I haven't stopped writing, but I have stopped posting on this site due to an unresolved issue. Some idiot flag...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Love Series Info