All Comments on 'Love For Sale'

by Lesly Sloan

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
jm02201960jm02201960over 13 years ago
A gem of a story

What a wonderful story of finding love when you are not necessarily looking for it. In my experience, the universe provides abundance when cravings ebb.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago

So, he needs two condoms since he doesnt know who has been there before him, but he has no problems with sticking his tongue there?!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
2 condoms?

you do know that doesn't work, you're not supposed to use 2, more likely to break due to friction, so just use one

GruffaloGruffaloover 10 years ago
Not quite it

Nice idea for a story, but somehow it doesn't work very well. Neither lust nor love really comes to life. The only passages that caught my attention were the sharing of news between friends and the stupid remark that pissed Christine off. I think you need more of that kind of unexpected development. They put life into your characters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

@anyonymous

no the author probably doesnt. the story was clearly written by a woman with very little understanding of most situations.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Oh it’s a version of “Pretty Woman” but reversed. It won’t work because, as she’s already admitted, she wants to dominate him by keeping their relationship a financial one. It’s not love, it’s control. She will never truly know if he loves her because she is paying him. As far as his behavior is concerned, you only need to see her reaction to an of-the-cuff remark she doesn’t like. What is she going to do if he really pisses her off ?

Send him home without paying him ? He will be walking on eggshells for the rest of his life.

Interesting to see the double standards as well. Men who use prostitutes are seen as perverted, dirty, misogynistic pigs. However, Christine is shown as strong, charismatic and charming when she uses a prostitute.

Also amusing to see that he insisted on using 2 condoms to have vaginal sex (never know who’s been there) but has absolutely no problems with sharing body fluids during oral sex !

Nice try but naive.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous