All Comments on 'Love Hurts'

by Maonaigh

Sort by:
  • 29 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Thank you

Again thank you for another terrific story ! I've red all of your other stories more than once and i think they are one of the best. So please stay healthy and keep on writing

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Brilliant as always thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Great story!

Thank you! So great to read an erotic story, where there actually is a story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Truly wonderful.

jenorma2012jenorma2012over 7 years ago
outstanding

I started reading this story and when I found out it was 8 pages I though I could not read that many, but I started reading it anyway and even though it took all day to read I am very glad I did, and it just goes to show you that love will always find a way, and to never give up, I wish I could give this more than 5 stars very well written

TSreaderTSreaderover 7 years ago
An amazing story!

So well done and very well written! I love it! Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Brilliant

Also like a reader above, when I saw 8 pages for this story I thought noooo too long. But as I reached the end, I wanted more!! This was a great story well done!!!!

CrimsonGoldCrimsonGoldover 7 years ago
Breathtaking

I took my time reading this, since it's few and far between when a story more than a couple of pages in length appears here. Honestly, I'm glad I found this. You've got a way with plots and are so good with weaving characters together. You're inspiring both readers and fellow writers with this piece!

Thanks for taking the time not only to craft this piece, but also for sharing it online to those of us in the Lit community. Many of us hope you keep writing!

germanchocolate4ugermanchocolate4uover 7 years ago

Such a beautifully written story. I went back and read the Twilight story and it refreshed my memory about the characters which made reading Love Hurts and easy transition. I love happy and just endings. Another job well done.

ann_winterann_winterover 7 years ago
One of the best

This is one of the best stories I have read here,

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Beautiful and Ideally written!

So intelligently written! There's almost reality to all scenarios including the characters. I felt good that despite Marti's dysfunctional family, this did not make her bitter, instead she got going and finally found true happiness and peace. A brilliant storyline as it is, so amazing to read, thank you! (Unlike 'My Lana', a total garbage).

HiddenInTheOpenHiddenInTheOpenalmost 7 years ago
Another beautiful story!

Very well written, and a fantastic story. Thank you so much for sharing it with us!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Beautiful Love Story

If anyone deserves to be happy, it's Marti. Thanks for sharing.

Shaima32Shaima32over 6 years ago
Really moving story

Really moving story. I admit I rushed through it because it's late and I have to go to work in the morning but it had genuine emotion and real life problems to solve. The Scottish scenes were well done too, there are quite a few pubs where you have to step lightly around certain subjects. The only criticism I have is that it was too short, especially when you consider the way Marti was blackmailed into marriage, it felt a little rushed there. Will check out your other stories in the next week or so.

Cheers,

Shaima

JoyJoy4MeJoyJoy4Meover 6 years ago

Another wonderful story Maonaigh.

LinneaLundinLinneaLundinover 6 years ago
Wonderful

Thank you for another great story. Your words have the ability to make me feel the emotions your characters are feeling and that is special as I see it. Every lovely story you share with us is better than the last, and I anxiously await more from you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Full of emotions.

It was full of emotions. I couldn't ask for more. This is ao beautiful.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

I came into this story hating Marti for what she did, but then I realised what she sacrificed for her love. Now I love Marti and she fully deserves all good things that have happened to her

HiddenInTheOpenHiddenInTheOpenabout 6 years ago
Still wonderful!

I just reread this story, and it still holds up wonderfully. Thank you for sharing this with us!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
lovely

I love how your stories are more than just sex, the true plot gives it a much deeper meaning. I also love how you can connect your stories by adding in characters from other ones even how brief it may be.

vanmyers86vanmyers86over 5 years ago
Beautiful story

Another fine tale from a lovely writer! Plot, dialogue, pacing all well done as usual!

alexwatson62alexwatson62almost 3 years ago

I was feeling nostalgic this evening and decided to revisit some old favourites.

Funnily enough I was up in Inverness two weeks ago seeing my daughter, her partner and their new baby.

They actually live in Wick, but with Covid restrictions, that was the best we could do.

Anyway, your tale was just as atmospheric as I remembered, especially with the bleakness around the Loch.

Many "out of the way" Lochs in the Highlands have a stark beauty in Autumn/Winter and are magically reborn with the Spring and Summer months, exactly as described.

A great story no matter how many times I read it :)

GaiusPetroniusGaiusPetroniusover 2 years ago

My dad was born in Scotland. The family emigrated to Canada when he was 13 years old. Scotland is a rough and rugged country and it breeds a rough and rugged people. I never heard my dad utter the words, "I'm sorry. Please forgive me." But he would go to great lengths (and sometimes expense!) to demonstrate his contrition and his plea for forgiveness. Whether it's Ireland or Yorkshire or Scotland, you have a well-honed talent for drawing out from the roots of language, culture, and image.

It is a lovely, gracious gift, the story of Marti and Allison to round out the Niamh/Vicki and Susanna/Johanna stories.

GP

P.S. You did such a good job of teaching us how to pronounce Niamh. Would you please add to your "Biography" tab an explanation of your own nom de plume? How is Maonaigh pronounced? What does it signify to you?

UncertainTUncertainTabout 2 years ago

At the start such a dark and difficult story that blossomed into a true flower. Thank you.

FandeborisFandeborisalmost 2 years ago

I was taken with the story in more ways than one. Your command of the local language drew me into the story. The character Marti had so much bad happen was she ever going to get any peace? I have never been to Scotland, but I was there in your story. Everything came together, even your protagonist through all the mis-fortune she received, had a happy ending. I am a big fan of happy endings. You did not disappoint. I have read a few of your other stories and you seem to know your way around a keyboard. Thanks for sharing this story and Take Care

DessertmanDessertmanover 1 year ago

I wholeheartedly endorse all the earlier favourable comments.

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyover 1 year ago

A perfect addition to explain and clear the air ...... Absolutely wonderful written and lovely

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🍀

okami1061okami1061over 1 year ago

Being a writer myself, I am usually quite prone to offering serious advice on improving stories.

But I really haven't seen much need for that with your stories.

Go figure.

Roti8211Chanai643Roti8211Chanai6438 months ago

A really lovely story!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMaonaigh@Maonaigh
I've been writing semi-pro since the 1960s, most of my stories falling under the blanket heading of weird tales. However, I'd written nothing for 5-6 years because my wife was very ill and disabled and care for her was my priority. Some months after her death in December 2013 ...