All Comments on 'Love in the Twilight'

by Seanathon

Sort by:
  • 22 Comments
LasarDaddyLasarDaddyover 10 years ago
A beautiful story

That is one of the most beautiful things I've ever read. I'm a 71 year old man and I can not stop crying. My 76 year old wife that I've adored for 43 years is starting that slide away from reality and it saddens me beyond belief. She can no longer remember us getting married.

Thank you for this. Please keep writing and share this with everyone. I will never forget it.

Paul

iakatziakatzover 10 years ago
What a wonderful story...

I wish I could give you a rating of MORE than 5 stars! A truly great writing effort that touched my heart & soul.

don_1953don_1953over 10 years ago
thank you

for a wonderful story.

ReiDeBastosReiDeBastosover 10 years ago
Beautiful

It brought back many memories, both good and bad, of when I stayed in nursing homes and physical rehabilitation centers in the eleven months following a massive stroke in 2008. I was only fifty years old, but most of the other patients/residents were in their eighties and nineties. There were many elderly women there who experienced the hypersexuality you mentioned, and some of them would wake me up at night trying to sneak into my bed. I called them the LOC's (Little Old Cougars). At fifty years old, I was the closest thing to a "young hunk" that they could find, I guess.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Fabulous

Really touching.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
touching

It was well written and just beautiful. I cried at the ending to be honest.I also liked Walter.

dbroseleydbroseleyover 10 years ago

I just read ur story, It touch my heart and brought tears to my eyes.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Wonderful

You have such great understanding . I think you have a great sense of compassion .

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Man ...

You killed me with this story. What the hell are you doing on this site man ... other than gently guiding us back to our wheelchairs.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Right in the feels

Wow, what's this liquid coming out of my eyes? Must be allergies. Yeah that's it.

Seriously, best story on this site I've read.

malloystermalloysterabout 9 years ago
Wow...

You've done it again. This was another brilliant story from an exceptional writer. I enjoyed every word, every action, every twist. My congratulations!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Beautiful but almost too real.

Very good story but I found it a bit painful to read, reminded me of when my father had to go into a home as a result of dementia, His memory was excellent but stopped 25 years before the then present time, he had only the slightest idea of whom I was, and did not remember my children (his grandchildren) at all. Yes,he tried to escape like Walter.

At least the home he was in had caring staff who did all sorts of things for the patients and had lots of activities. Unlike another home where an old family friend ended up, which was run by some-one like Janet.

Why shouldn't nursing home residents have sex if they want it, provided it is truly consensual? .

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Wow... Just wow..

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Great Story

Keep up the good work.

oldwayneoldwaynealmost 8 years ago
EXCELLENT!

FIVE STARS.

Blue90aBlue90aover 6 years ago
Great

What a fantastic story.

AlbertaBelle71AlbertaBelle71almost 6 years ago
Thank you

This one made me cry. I have friends with Alzheimers and have seen the power of music. Thank you for weaving that into this story.

OlgreyfoxOlgreyfoxalmost 4 years ago
WOW BIGTIME

I really don't know what to say. I am 73 and my eyes just stayed wet almost the entire story. My mom went through this and it brought back many loving memories plus all the bad memories. When someone that you love so fiercely for 96 yrs can't remember who you are it just tears your heart out. Thank you SOOOO much for getting it right. You are one hell of a writer.

anewfananewfanover 3 years ago

Wonderful story. Your works are a joy to read. I get to visit with my Caroline occasionally in my dreams and your story was a reminder of good times.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Extremely well, professionally, written. The characters are so well defined and the dialogue natural and believable. An easy read with a nice balance between harsh reality, fantasy and pathos with a touch of humour. I'd like to read more of your work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

WHAT A LOVELY STORY THAT YOU HAVE WRITTEN. I THINK THIS HAPPENS QUITE A LOT IN THESE SORT OF PLACES AS I HAVE EXPERINCED THIS MYSELF ON A FEW OCCASIONS MYSELF WITH MUCH OLDER LADIES THEN MYSELF BEING 43. I THINK THEY ARE VERY GREATFUL OF IT HAPPENING TO THEM

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

THANK you so much for sharing this story.

It must be dusty today ‘cause there are tears in my eyes. 😭

- pal

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous