All Comments on 'Love Knows No Color Pt. 14'

by bwwm4me

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

I was rooting for Jason when he stood up to Marcus. What was his problem?

This chapter was a bit long winded but I enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

YAWN inducing, getting long winded and too much about the babies routine made this boring.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Dont listen to them.....

I LIKE the LONG ones! 😄

I love this series in general and think with just a few minor additions in fleshing out the characters, not just the principle ones, you'd have an excellent book. You should consider shopping it to publishers. Just my opinion.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Love the update

OMG! Love seeing the daily routine between you and the family. More updates.

brownskinnedcutiebrownskinnedcutieover 7 years ago
Awesome sauce

Shavonda and Jason are one of my favorite couples.

bwwm4mebwwm4meover 7 years agoAuthor
Authors noted

You have probably noticed I leave the critical comments up as well as the positive ones. I want the comments to reflect what people really think of the story. I may not agree with the comments, but I feel they should be there if somebody cared enough to post them. But in the end, the story is mine alone to tell.....

In this case, this part concentrated on adjusting to the baby. Anybody who has brought a new baby home knows firsthand the huge disruption they cause in your life. How you as a couple deal with the new arrival can make or break the relationship. In this case, Jason and Shavonda have found a way to share the responsibility in a way that allows them both to not only bond with Miracle, but also allows them to appreciate each other's contribution.

A comment was made that I should flesh out some of the minor characters in the stories. So I am going to ask you, the readers, who you'd like to read more about. Most of the characters in the stories, I already have their basic profile in my head, but not committed in writing yet. You can either post your choice here, or send me a feedback. Any and all responses are appreciated.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Becoming a little white savior-ish.

This is probably my least favorite submission. This is now becoming a little white saviorish and how wonderful Jason is too much. I mean saying that he held her hand in the delivery like that something special, that's what he's supposed to do. Then Jason going off on her brother like that just because he says what any brother would say and his family backing Jason up instead of acknowledging that that's what brothers do to their sister's husband. You seem to have a need to point out how wonderful Jason is and how wonderful everybody thinks Jason is and all the strangers that smile because it is Jason holding the baby. Is that supposed to be because he's a white man?

Comentarista82Comentarista82over 7 years ago
Minor characters

Needed to flesh them out? No--not unless this is going to go to chapter 60 or something, not necessary. The story revolves around Jason, Shavonda and how they interact with others: flesh out the characters that interact with them as you see fit, but if you're wanting to flesh out minor characters, then write a separate story line about them so it's a different arc.

Iread2relaxIread2relaxover 7 years ago
Bwwm4me

Took me all night, but i read all 14 chapters in one swoop. Great story. 5 stars. I must admit, it's been a long time since I've read anything this good. Pepper Pace, Kalamazoo707, Soular, are a few of the IR authors on my favorite list, and you sir, have joined their ranks. I hope you decide to write Rose's story. I'm curious about her. I wonder was her hate was really racial or more about losing Jason. The woman scorned has been a fascination of mine for a while, and I've wondered how does it affect their psyche? Anyway, outstanding story, and I anxiously await more.

bwwm4mebwwm4meover 7 years agoAuthor
Authors Notes

@anon

White savior? wondering where you got that. I don't disagree with you that Jason is doing what he ought to do. Being white has nothing to do with it. Being the person who worships the ground Shavonda walks on has everything to do with it. Honestly, there are a lot of men out there who don't sit with their wives while they give birth, or take an active role in their childrens lives. And the part about the ladies commenting on him carrying the baby mirrors exactly my own experience with my own infant son, biracial of course, riding the bus.

With regards to Marcus, that talk is something that often happens when sister gets a new boyfriend. New being the operative word here. Jason is not the new boyfriend. He has been with Shavonda well over a year, and married to her for 7 months. The rest of her family accepted him long ago. Jason's reaction was less than what I personally would have done. I'd have thrown Marcus out the house, and told him not to return until he can show some respect.

@ commenterista.

Not sure how far this story will go. I never intended for it to go this long, but once these characters got in my head it was hard to give them up. There is the possibility of spin off series. Edie and Kenny would be most likely.

@Ireadtorelax

Thanks for your support. I have tried to write based upon my own personal experience, and deal with situations I've dealt with in real life. I also read the other stories on here, and you've ranked me with some good company. In addition to those you listed, especially Soular, my favourite authors include Nerd4music MsPat BaalatErotas and Avrgblkgrl.

I won't write from Rose's point of view. As a male, I don't feel comfortable knowing enough of the female point of view to write from that perspective. I will say that Tose's bias is definitely racial. She had lost Jason long before Shavonda ever came on the scene, though the break was not complete. She said nothing while Jason had numerous flings after their divorce. It was only after Shavonda started being around the kids that Rose struck out. Rose will continue to evolve. Her time in prison, and Shavonda's forgiveness of her, have given her time to re-evaluate her life and the emotions and biases that caused her to lose everything. Due to prison regulations, the only contact she can have with Jason and Shavonda is through letters, and you'll see her progress through the letters she gives Barbara when her and the kids visit.

One thing that hasn't really been touched upon is that only Jason's father's side of the family has embraced Shavonda, his mother's side has thus far avoided any acknowledgement of their marriage.

Comentarista82Comentarista82over 7 years ago
Edie...

Thanks for the reply, although ideally if you're going to spin them off (Brian and Tamika seemed more logical because they've been involved longer in the arc), try to weave them into whatever remaining chapters you have--that way you've paved the road to give them a larger audience and so you've laid that transition--thus whetting the appetite to read more about them. They don't have to take over the remaining chapters, but perhaps involve them in some similar experiences to Jason and Shavonda or at least where they help Jason and Shavonda at some needed points.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Box Mashed Potatoes?

I can't believe Jason prefers box mashed potatoes to real mashed potatoes. What is wrong with that boy?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

I never understood the hypocritic thinking in the US. "Cleavage is good, nursing is not." Nursing is the most natural thing in the world. In Europe a nursing mother is given space, and it's considered rude to interrupt.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous