All Comments on 'Love Knows No Color Pt. 16'

by bwwm4me

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Oh my! Baited breath with Edie and Kenny

Im really looking forward to seeing what happens with Keeny and Edie.

AllintheheadAllintheheadover 7 years ago
Can't wait

Too bad all the good stories take so long to come out. Can't wait to see where you take Edie and Kenny

emj417emj417over 7 years ago

Years ago I heard a young waitress in IHOP use the term 'ghetto' ice tea--I winced then and I find myself wincing when I read 'ghetto' kool aid. Probably should be diabetic kool aid/ice tea. Still love the story and look forward to the long updates.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsabout 7 years ago
people are complicated

Sally Hemmings went to France with Thomas Jefferson.

Slavery was illegal in France, so the moment she entered the country she was free under the law (Haiti was under different laws).

She was a 'hit' in French society and received several proposals of marriage from French aristocrats.

When Thomas Jefferson left France she went with him, even though it meant going back to slavery.

bwwm4mebwwm4meabout 7 years agoAuthor
Author's notes

re: ghetto Kool aid.

You are right, it probably should be called something else. But that is the term we use here for it. I don't know, being in an interracial long term relationship (17 years and counting) maybe I am too close to what I am writing about to understand how the outside world sees it.

@ twocrows

Re: sally hemmings.

Von's comments about ms hemmings were an anamoly, one of many in this series. there are several others off the top of my head. For example, in the part where Shavonda kicks Rose's ass, the description of the dead end road is actually a mirror image of the place as it exists in real life. I got left and right mixed up thet day. In another part, there was a mention of a grocery store in Eggleston. The actual village of Eggleston is too small to have such a store, Pembroke or Pearisburg would be where the store would be located in real life. And in the case of Sally Hemmings, the point was not that she came back to the USA and slavery of her own free will, but that she hadn't had a choice in the beginning before she went to France.

Re: Edie and Kenny

I think they will be in for a volatile time. Unlike Von and Jason, their main source of conflict is inside the relationship rather than external forces. It it them against each other, rather than them against the world.

Iread2relaxIread2relaxabout 7 years ago
Just read

I've been overwhelmed emotionally. But this story is a nice distraction. I anxiously await more. 5 stars

bwwm4mebwwm4meabout 7 years agoAuthor
Author's Notes

@ Iread2relax.

Thanks for reading this far. The stories have been taking longer to write, not because I am running out of stories to tell, but because of increased workload. In real life I work the job Jason does. Now that spring is right around the corner, my runs are heavier, and the hours are longer. That leaves little time to write.

On the road, I tend to read the other's stories on my breaks, including yours. I am impressed with what I've read so far.

BTW, part 17 was submitted Friday night, and should be up in a day or two. There are a lot of things coming up in the next few parts, two class reunions, a wedding, and eventually a surprise twist that will rock Jason and Shavonda's relationship to the very core.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Rather Disappointed

I very much enjoyed the first couple chapters especially the way Ethan and Brittany were treated as Von's own children but that feeling is completely gone. The few times the kids are mentioned they are left with family. They forgot Ethan's birthday and told a kid they'd make it up after the holidays... I would expect him to resent the baby. This story isn't a family of 5 it's a family of 3. For me personally it lost the heartwarming feeling.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous