Love Lies Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Part of my depression after the divorce was my self-loathing for never being totally honest with Sandy. I never knew how to approach the subject of her relationship with Bennie the superstar pro football player. I'm no slouch in the physical department; I have a decent body, I'm 6'1" with an athletic build, handsome enough to attract the ladies and, yes, a decent sized cock. But how does any guy compare to a 6'3" 240-pound millionaire that is hard bodied enough to play pro ball?

So, I probably did the worse thing anyone could by not discussing the elephant in the room; to understand what demons Sandy was dealing with in regards to Bennie and putting those demons to rest by talking it out.

A year later I'm stuck in my funk letting the end of my marriage continue to overwhelm me. I didn't accept the job offer from the Memphis company and stayed here in Chicago. Sandy and I got divorced and she moved in with Bennie. Stewart was killed by a drunk driver while riding his bicycle home from work. The past year has gone too slow. Why does time speed up when everything is going so fantastic but slow down during the tough days, months, years? It just doesn't seem fair.

One good thing did happen a month after Stewart's memorial service. Kevin was playing bass with the local 'hot' blues band; The John Reginald Group. They were in the middle of a recording session when their guitar player got busted for dealing smack. Kevin told John I was available; John was familiar with my work and called me in to see if it was a good fit. As they say, I passed the audition and took a leave at work to help the band finish the CD.

I endeared myself to John one day when I suggested using an electric violin on one of the numbers. I brought my violin to the studio the next day, channeled my best Papa John Creach, and played over the playback. The band and the producer loved it and the track ended up on the CD.

Maybe it was the endorphins released during that week in the studio, but suddenly things looked a little brighter again. The new attitude probably had a lot to do with what happened next. My sister Jane had a dinner party and introduced me to a woman from her work.

Kate Morgan can only be described as a breath of fresh air. We sat next to each other during dinner (my sister is no fool) and I probably monopolized her time to the point of being rude to the rest of Jane's guests. It turned out the others were just pleased to see me in such good spirits for a change; it's nice to have great friends.

I did my best to learn what I could about the pretty brunette besides what was physically apparent; her hazel eyes, bright smile, an athletic build hidden under a conservative dress. She was 24 years old, a year out of grad school with an MBA in finance. She'd been working with my sister the past year and appreciated how my sister was mentoring her. Most important, she wasn't seeing anyone at the present time.

Before Kate left I asked her out for the next weekend. I must have done something right that night because she agreed to a date the following Saturday night.

I won't bore the reader with all the details, just that one date led to a second, third and more. I introduced Kate to my family and she introduced me to her folks one weekend two months after we started dating. Kate came from a small town in Indiana and her parents were fairly conservative Catholics. For the first time since high school I stepped into a church for Sunday mass.

I learned a lot about Kate that weekend, things that she was too humble to speak of herself. Her parents were very proud of their only child and more than a little protective. You could see the pride as her mother and father talked about Kate graduating valedictorian from high school, being the prom queen and captain of the volleyball team, getting the full scholarship at Loyola and finishing college as salutatorian.

Up to this point Kate and I had done no more than kiss, sometimes very hot 'make-out' sessions, but she wanted to take the physical aspect of our relationship slow; she said she wouldn't have sexual relations with me until it was understood we loved each other and that it was more than infatuation. As hard as that was, I liked this woman enough to respect her wishes. More than once I went home after a date with Kate to relieve myself or I'd bust a nut.

On the ride home from her folks' house she spent the three hour drive answering my questions and filling in the blanks. I found out she had only been intimate with two men, the last during a three year relationship during college. She knew she was different from most of the women of our generation, but she was comfortable with herself. She knew more than a few men quit asking her out after a couple dates because she didn't give in to their demands and it was one of the things she loved (yes, she used the word love) about me, that I respected her and didn't force her to be someone she wasn't.

I told her it was sometimes tough forgoing the intimacy of a physical relationship that I wanted us to share, but I loved her (the first time I used the word with her) and hoped that some day soon we could share more than kisses. That got a big kiss on the cheek from Kate as we sailed down the freeway at 75 miles an hour.

I do believe we would have consummated the relationship that night except for the fact Kate had a 6:30 flight the following morning and still needed to pack and get some rest. The last thing I wanted was to rush the moment; I dropped Kate off at her apartment and gave her a big hug and a better kiss. It was going to be a long week until she got home on Friday. We made plans for me to pick her up at O'Hare on Friday and we'd have dinner at our favorite restaurant.

During that same week it became impossible to ignore what was happening in my ex-wife's life. The sports page was filled with the news about Benjamin Johnstone's release from the Titans because he failed another drug test for PEDs. Worse for dear old Bennie, he was arrested that same evening for domestic abuse ('roid rage?). The papers didn't give the name of the victim, but Bennie had smacked his live-in girlfriend and he ended up in jail. I'll admit to feeling sorry for Sandy, she may have been a shit for dumping me for Bennie, but I don't think anyone deserves to be subject to physical abuse from their spouse.

My relationship with Kate was now so strong that by Friday I gave Sandy's situation little thought when I met Kate at the luggage carousel with a dozen red roses in my hand. Kate nearly knocked them out of my hand when she jumped into my arms and gave me the most passionate kisses.

"I've made reservations at Charlie's, let's grab your bag and head into town."

Kate surprised me with her reply. "If we go out to dinner those flowers may start to wilt. I have a better idea; let's grab a couple of Italian Beefs at Al's for take-out and eat at your place. I've missed you and want to be alone with you."

We grabbed the food and went to my house. We caught up on our respective jobs, Kate's trip was a success and might lead to a promotion in the near future. After food, drink and conversation Kate got right to the point.

"Take me to bed, Davey. I want to make love to you tonight."

We did make love. We took it slow; as I undressed her I couldn't help but grin.

"What's so funny?" Kate looked hurt.

"It's not funny, I'm smiling like a fool because you have a beautiful body and I've been dying to see it ever since that night at my sister's. Now that I can, I don't know whether to just look or just hold it, it's hard to do both at the same time."

"Make love to it." was her reply.

I didn't waste any time, I quickly undressed and moved over her. I took enough time to play with her nipples, tease her clit, kiss her neck and squeeze her ass. I didn't try to go down on her; given her lack of experience until then I didn't think she would enjoy it. But I made certain she was wet before easing my cock inside her for our first time.

It was slow and loving. We held each other the entire time, kissed and stared in each other's eyes. I felt her shudder, not an earth-shattering orgasm, but a nice release. I let myself go right after that. We laid next to each other, her head on my shoulder, her hands caressing my chest, stomach and soft cock. It was so wonderful to have a woman I loved in my naked arms again. I didn't cry, but I did feel incredibly moved.

I filled the tub and we bathed together. Kate seemed shy at first, but I didn't let her retreat, I made her get in the tub with me. We talked a little more about what this night meant to each other. When the water cooled off I toweled us dry and led her back to bed.

This time I slowly kissed down her body until I reached her sex. She tried to stop me, but I wouldn't stop. It was such a treat, I hadn't eaten a women's pussy since Sandy left me and I admit I missed it. I didn't stop until she had another orgasm, this wasn't like the first, no small shudder, this was the earth-shattering orgasm I wanted her to experience. We made love again and fell asleep wrapped together under the cover.

When Kate woke the next morning I was already awake, just lying there looking at this beauty. Kate woke and looked at me with embarrassment.

"That's the first time in my life I slept in the nude. It felt great."

"What do you want to do today? I'm hoping we can spend the entire weekend together."

"Let's go to the park, I really need to get a run in after a week of travel. You'll probably run circles around me."

"We can run if you promise not to burn yourself out like you typically do. There are other exercises I'd like to concentrate on tonight."

"It's a deal. I'm going to head home to get my running gear and some clothes if we're spending the weekend here."

Kate left soon after, refusing my offer to drive her, she took a cab to her place and was due back in a couple hours.

I spent the next hour doing my usual weekend household chores, wanting the place to look nice for Kate's return. An hour after she left the doorbell rang. I was thrilled Kate must be so anxious to get back that she cut the expected time away in half. I opened the door and got a very unexpected surprise.

"Hello Sandy."

"Hello Davey, can I come in?"

I could only just nod and step aside as Sandy, looking as beautiful as ever, walked through the door for the first time since she picked up her personal things almost a year a half ago.

As I closed the door, Sandy wrapped her arms around me. "Davey, I was a fool and I'm so sorry. I love you and I want us back together again. I want to be your wife again."

12