All Comments on 'Love Me, Please'

by VF_0079

Sort by:
  • 49 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Amazing! One of the best I've ever read!

I really loved the story, the sequence of events and the vocabulary of the author.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Exceptional

I really like the story from beginning to end. It would have been a very good story of love and romance without the sex scenes. These were so well done as well! Loved it. You have real talent.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Amazing!!

This was a wonderful story!

richieyeahrichieyeahover 8 years ago
Exceptional

Loved the story, the way it's being told, the third person form, the story on itself and the authors way with words. i would love to read more from you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Thank you for a great story. Loved it. Beautifully written.

mcali24mcali24over 8 years ago
Love Love Loved it

Really enjoyed this story...I wished it would have gone on Forever!!!!! Your such a talented author!!!!

germanchocolate4ugermanchocolate4uover 8 years ago

What is the highest, most profound word of praise, because I would like to use it to describe how awesome this story is. In reference to the title of the story, I do Love You (it). Thank you VF_0079, for sharing your literary work of art with us. And all the best.

VF_0079VF_0079over 8 years agoAuthor
Your words of praise!

...mean everything for me! It's comments like these which make me want to write more. Thank you all!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
LOVE IT!!

Thank u for sharing this wonderful story to us, I just freakin love it!

More please 😆

BurhanDangerBurhanDangerover 8 years ago

Your story is absolutely brilliant. Especially the proposal at the end , it is very beautiful. Can I use it someday ? ;)

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
LOVE

Thank You,

Beautifully, brilliantly, heartfully & honestly conceived, felt, penned and conveyed.

Lovingly, whole-heartedly, dedicatedly & open-mindedly observed, understood, read and received.

Emotions, actions and thoughts of every character is SO beautiully understood , felt & penned.

Nothing was less or too much, IT WAS EXACTLY THE RIGHT MEASURE, infinite & eternal.

WONDERFUL & BEAUTIFUL !

Thank You

Wish you & ur fly LOVE

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
just too brilliant

I totally love this, you kept me on the edge hoping Leila realises that her best friend is totally going nuts over her for year. And I really love the epilogue song. So Glad We Made It !!! It wasn't a day journey. Lovely. I love it.

FuxproFuxproover 8 years ago
Beautiful!

Simply beautiful story! Thank you very much!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
love it so much !!

another great story i've ever read on lit ! it's been a while since i had this happiness feeling inside after i read a story .. thank you so much ! and i must say you has a great taste to choose a great author such as HH and sweetestthing to become your inspiration .. i really looking forward to another of your beautiful stories like this please ..

love from indonesia,

LenaptLenaptover 8 years ago
Lovely Story! 5***** Stars!

Lovely Story dear VF_0079.

The Story is beautifully and heartfully conceived with full of loving emotions and tenderly written.

Thank you!

Wet wet kisses

Aunt Helena

54yo Lesbian Aunt from Portugal

BugattiTBugattiTover 8 years ago
Great

Simply the best amongst the many

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Was Probably Quite Good...

However the appalling spelling and grammar made me stop somewhere down the first page.

EDITOR!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Brickbats first

Okay, brickbats first. There are a number of silly spelling errors throughout (although some could be typos); you carelessly mixed the girls' names up several times; there are some grammatical errors (for instance, when splitting one character's dialogue into a number of paragraphs, always place opening quote marks at the start of each paragraph of speech but only use closing quote marks at the end of the final paragraph).

Having got the moans off my chest, this is a great, five-star story, plausible all the way through. I was particularly pleased by the fact that all the dialogue sounded real and natural (I have read so many stories on this site---even some of the better ones---where the dialogue has been stilted and unreal, like something out of a poor Victorian novel). Pay attention to your spelling and grammar, VF, and you will be very good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Love it!

One of the very best. Love your writing. To the point it feel so real. Keep it up! More like this in the future please. Thanks.

HeisenhugHeisenhugover 8 years ago

Aside the noted typos that kept cropping up, there seemed to be some chronology issues surrounding the college and uni dates, doesn't seem to add up... Calling Feb 2015 part of winter 2014 was also a little confusing. It was still a solid 5 star read though, even with those issues.

LindaSapphicaLindaSapphicaover 8 years ago
Absolutely lovely

I just adore your writing style, I don't care that there are some mistakes. With the way you tell your story it doesn't matter. I've been crying my eyes out and rubbing myself against a pillow as I've been reading non stop. Keep it up!

timefunon101timefunon101over 8 years ago
Good awesome read

I really don't bother about the spelling and grammar the story was long and gripping I never lost interest .

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

I liked it until the end which was more than a little rushed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Love from Manchester

It's hard enough finding non-American stories on here, so for me to know all the locations in your stories was bizarre and fun: pushed it from a great read to a great read I could relate to!

jesseburnettjesseburnettover 8 years ago
One of my favorite stories on this site.

And I've read a lot of them.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Great work

Loved reading it. I've but one request: please correct the timeline. Years don't add up.

LcnmdLcnmdabout 8 years ago
A wonderful story!

I love this story! This was of such a length that I wish you would have taken more time with the ending...

Thank you,

L

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Fab

Not really a fan of gay, but love romance. Have to say this was an incredible story. Really had me crying at many points. Like everyone else, I would have liked a little more ending. But you got a gift of pen. Keep it up

adidasgaladidasgalalmost 8 years ago
Beautiful!!!

Wow! What a beautiful story!!! The storyline and characters are Awesome!! Would have liked more in way of ending, but that is minor!

I loved it!! ♥

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
wb

welcome back adidasgal, long time no comment

adidasgaladidasgalalmost 8 years ago

Very funny WB!

tsk...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Beautiful!

This was an entirely beautiful and enjoyable story. I liked it so much, I plan on reading more of your work. Thank you for your time and effort!

luvandluckluvandluckover 7 years ago

Really loved it, although a lil more to the ending would have been nice. Keep up the great work!

gjames17gjames17over 7 years ago
Beautiful and Sweet!

One of the best stories I've read on this site. Definitely straight to favorites. Normally, I'll only read lesbian stories written by women, but I gotta say you nailed it! This wonderful story was written with great sensitivity and character development. I also appreciated the romantic element as it gave the plot greater depth. Thank you for sharing this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
perfect

this was the best thing I have read in a long time

Peach102Peach102about 7 years ago

Such a sweet tale, with just enough saucy sex.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
5 Stars

That wasn't long winded at all. It was perfect to the last word.

Randee2058Randee2058almost 7 years ago
Honestly😍

They're are not enough stars to rate this incredible project. Hoo wee. 😍😍

5🌟's

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Yes!!

One of the best stories I've read here on Lit. I absolutely adore best friends turning into lovers stories. That what's happening in my life at the moment. And I am truly happy or should I say we are truly happy. Love this story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Terrific! 5 Dancing 🌟s

The build up is marvelous and the plot itself is realistic. A lot of best friends turned lovers can relate to it. Thank you for this, and I wish you write more for our hungry eyes and breathless anticipation.😉

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

I loved this story but I really don't know I felt something was missing . I don't know what that really was .

Only_connectOnly_connectalmost 3 years ago

Story is ok, sex is lovely, but the writing needs tidying up. Complex should be complexion, pray should be prey, and several others...

Cute idea though.

Nerdyqueen94Nerdyqueen94almost 3 years ago

This is like a teen rom com that hasn't been put to film. Thanks I still enjoyed reading this a second time around.

NoLongerAnonNoLongerAnonabout 2 years ago

I thought this was a good story with characters who develop as the time passes. The Anakin and Princess Leia nicknames were a nice touch. Being set in Manchester was a bonus for me. The language issues didn't detract from the story, but I will point that two of the street names mentioned should be Deansgate (not Deansgate Street) and Upper Brook Street. There is also a problem with the chronology which appears to have the girls completing undergraduate degrees in only two years, which doesn't happen in England.

okami1061okami1061almost 2 years ago

I've come to realize it's a very bad idea to read other comments on a work here before making your own comment. It's too easy to be influenced. Yes, you may repeat others' comments, but that's still useful to the writer. Even better if she knows you didn't read other comments before commenting.

In this case, I didn't. I read the other comments first.

But I had already formulated by basic comment first, thankfully. I was going to lead with, "Why can't I rate this a 6?"

Could I find grammatical issues? Could I find timing mistakes? Could I find cultural misunderstandings? The answer to all these is, "Of course."

But the real question for me was, "Was this an exceptional story?" to which I can easily also say, "Yes."

Do we need more stories like this here? Yes.

Should you write more stories like this? Yes.

Well, you get the picture...

okami1061okami1061over 1 year ago

Odd. Again, 3 months between reading made a huge difference to me.

I now found this story to be uncomfortable that it wasn't the first time around.

The thing that first threw me off this time was the stylistic choice to write in 3rd person and yet still identify sections by PoV. The more I read, the more that bugged me. But I couldn't quite figure out why. And then it hit me: it explicitly identified who the only two important characters were; craft-wise I couldn't see a good reason to do that. But at that point, it was just a niggle bothering me.

Then I figured out why it bugged me so much. It explicitly marginalized every other character for no good reason. Writing in alternating 1st person does the same thing, of course, but it moves you *inside* the character, a position from which *everyone* else is marginalized. That's the point of 1st person: that (possibly distorted) egotistic viewpoint.

And in so doing, it marginalized Nora. It made her a non-character when there was no reason (craft-wise) to do that; it would happen at the appropriate place on its own. Worse, it also marginalized the Anna-Nora sex scenes; the details became irrelevant to the story. And in my eyes, that turned them pornographic. I didn't realize this at first, but when I felt myself skipping through them and not reading them carefully—something I'd done in certain other stories—and I got it. It was the maleness of gratuitous girl-girl sex. That, in itself, isn't "evil" or anything; girls write that stuff, too. But it felt "wrong" in the middle of a love story about Anna and Leila. (As an aside, the details of the Anna-Nora scenes were way too experienced for Anna to be having with so few previous lovers and no evidence of a lot of research. I also felt those scenes lacked emotion between Anna and Nora, but that's probably why they felt gratuitous. Or maybe the other way around.)

And I felt the Leila/male-asshole scene was beyond gratuitous. The point had already been made, repeatedly, that Leila didn't get much out of male sex, so what on earth would make her think that "stupid sex" was a solution to thinking about Anna? Did she think she could be "fucked out of being lesbian" by some random dick? In my opinion, a woman in her position would not have done that on purpose; she would know it wouldn't work. Again, that whole scene felt too male, violence without purpose. And the whole Anna-rescues-Leila thing was too male; and it felt "fake radical feminist" to throw a man under the asshole bus when it wasn't really germane to the story. It was well, gratuitous.

I've tried to make this point before: males writing is this space is HARD. You should not feel bad. You got good ratings from a lot of readers, many of which were females. But I believe in constructive criticism; I pray others will treat my writing in that way. It's much harder and slower to grow as a writer without it. And that best part: you can ignore it if you think I'm full of shit.

Humor: Leila kept "steeling" glances at Anna in the theatre. Pretty close to the opposite of what you meant 😄

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Absolutely amazing story, with 2 characters I absolutely adore. In truth, this would totally be my favourite story on this site if not for one minor detail that unfortunately ruins it for me. The epilogue. As amazing and romantic as the proposal is, it breaks the story. Homosexuality is illegal in the UAE and is punishable by imprisonment. Leila and Anna getting engaged in Dubai is just stupidly naive of them. Chances are that following their engagement, they would be in a whole host of trouble and at the very least arrested and then fined under so called "public decency" laws. In my opinion the story would have been much better without the epilogue, or at the very least an epilogue that took place somewhere that didnt break the credibility of the entire story.

Roti8211Chanai643Roti8211Chanai6436 months ago

Another good story! I liked the main characters and their eventual union but the one thing that I found hard to accept was their engagement in the UAE where homosexuality is illegal and sometimes severly punished, this took away from what had been a really good Story.

Good anyway, thank you!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

A lovely story of friends finding themselves and each other... until the epilogue in Dubai.... If you're going to write a story with international elements, you should really do some research... A lesbian proposal and kiss in Dubai? They're looking at 6 months in prison mininum for breaking "decency" laws. The story is damn near perfect, with incredible characters with amazing chemistry; their relationship and characterization is truly magnificent and I truly gey the sense of their love and struggles reading this, but it would have been so much better either without the epilogue, or with an epilogue where you'd taken the time to make sure they'd not end up in jail for loving each other. Is it right? No, but the sad truth of the mattet is that being gay is illegal in a number of countries, and if you're going to write "international" LGBT fiction, you should do your homework so that the happy ending you give your characters actually is a happy ending.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous