All Comments on 'Love, Unconventionally'

by fgmntfmgnshn

Sort by:
  • 24 Comments
jetpacksamjetpacksamover 7 years ago
BOO! you rushed it!

This had legs.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Great story, please don't leave it hanging here

Sidney43Sidney43over 7 years ago

Sweet story that could definitely be extended a few chapters. There is a ton of material here to expand, a bit of revenge on the asshole paternal father, her father and the school is full of potential fodder.Often the first class reunion is a great spot for a successful engineer to show up with his beautiful wife while smiling at some of the former classmates who are not looking so good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Sounded so much like my life in highschool almost like you had went through it too

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Great story.

A true love story with the twist that kept me reading. Loved it

fixer43fixer43over 7 years ago
Another chapter

A very good start, let's hear about their life together (you alluded to that in the prologue)

swr47swr47over 7 years ago
The Best

A simple, loving story. Leave it as is. Good job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Just a wonderful story

I'm kind of a romantic and I really like these kind of stories! Getting through college will be tough for both of them. My wife and I had a similar experience (only the baby was mine), we married and I went to school first and graduated, got a decent job, and then she went to school to graduation. She was a little older getting through, but we had a great head start on a wonderful family. There is a lot yet to tell about great times and some struggle

redlion75redlion75over 7 years ago

wait til stud muffin jock has to give up 20% of his wal mart stock boy pay

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I laughed, I almost cried...

Great story with very human characters. In describing the thoughts of Oliver, you capture with humour the silly mental meandering we often indulge in. In describing the scorn and vitriol heaped on Piper, you capture the cruel injustice of judgement that society so easily slips into. I loved this story. The way you described the nuances of interaction between Mr. and Mrs. G. was excellent. You wove comedic exaggeration into a storyline that was, in parts, heart wrenching; yet in no way did you minimize the cruelty Piper had to face or the emotional roller coaster she was going thru. I could see you continuing this story. What happens with Piper's Dad? What about the boy who raped her? Is there more to the story of her mom? Might the principal's comments on the graduation stage foreshadow something?

khkrkhkrover 7 years ago
Another Chapter Please

I absolutely love the story, I wish you write a sequel for this chapter.

SonofCalliciousSonofCalliciousabout 7 years ago
How have I missed this?

Beautifully written story. It started out tongue-in-cheek, but as their relationship changed, so did the story. Very well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Nice Story

But it left me wondering what happened to the "jock" who knocked Piper up. Did the little bastard just get to walk away? No child support, nothing? If so, that's a crying shame. Getting a high school girl pregnant and just walking away should be a crime.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Excellent Piece

I enjoyed the story. Was it just a figment of your imagination?

I will now go read the rest of your work. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
How I see it is...

Flash forward 10 years.....

Dr and Mrs Green (PHD). regret they will not be able to attend their 10 year high school reunion. Because they, their two children ( ages 10 and 5) along with his parents, will be fling to Stockholm to accept Dr. Green noble for chemistry.

Also Calvin can not attend also. Because after getting thrown out of college for sexual assault. he now works at MacDonald, had his boss wont give him off.

Rake456Rake456over 5 years ago

Kind of tripe-ish. The protagonist talks like he's a 40 year old professional speaker. The fact that he always "knows exactly what to say" (or, at any rate, what the author thinks is the right thing to say) dehumanizes him, and takes away from the impact of the actual story. Maybe that's what you were going for, and people do seem to like it, so I suppose it just wasn't for me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great story

A very well written short story. Love how you kept the plot focused in the story. Characters where simple but interesting and the mood was always perfect for each part. Only regrets were it wasn't a bit longer and that it ended. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Thank you for a great story

One of the best stories I've read here. And I am reading almost all your stories (not including ones with incest). This one was great, glad I didn't give up.

avidreader123avidreader123about 3 years ago

I wanted some vengeance against that asshole Gavin that raped her, but well told story. I loved the characters. It would have been good to see a postscript with them successful in the future too.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Mostly good, but it really needs some payback on Gavin and others at the school.

twistidmonkeytwistidmonkeyalmost 3 years ago

really loved this story would love to see a chapter 2

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Lovely story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Needs a continuation, want to see where they are 5 years later.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Oh, so Gavin Jones was doping and that's why those two baseball titles were set aside. That's why he ended up in prison, I see.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous