Love's Return

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Johnny had recovered some from the heat when he turned to see her coming back inside. She must have run outside to look for who she thought that had been in the house with her.

He decided he wanted to do an experiment, so he stayed right in her path, groaning once again as she moved through him. But this time she stopped dead in her tracks and gasped. He turned to see her wrap her arms around herself, rubbing her arms as she turned. His eyes quickly moved over her, taking in her flashing eyes and her hard nipples.

He stood still as she moved closer to where he was standing. She was standing so close if he had been human she would have felt his body heat upon her skin, but the only reaction so far was the hair standing up on her arms.

He watched as she slowly brought her hand toward him and that they both jumped when a spark leaped between them. Just from that small spark his body tingled. He held his breath as once again she moved her hand forward, but this time she didn’t stop, she pushed her hand into his invisible form.

Her eyes were wild now and her breathing was just as labored as his as she pushed the rest of her body forward, standing inside his ghostly body causing a roaring flame to burn inside both of them.

He heard her moan her voice husky as fear and heat mixed inside her. She said out loud. “What is going on?”

Without hesitation he answered, figuring it wouldn’t be any different then before that she would still not be able to hear him. “I don’t know what is happening but I sure wish I knew.”

He felt her body jerk inside his and she gasped out. “Who said that?”

Then she moved her body completely away from him.

Johnny was beside himself with joy, unable to believe she heard his voice.

“You heard that, please tell me you can hear me?” His voice was frantic with hope.

Her body was completely outside of his now and she was looking around, spinning in place. “Who said that? Stop playing tricks with me.”

“Tell me yes if you can hear me.” He said trying hard to gain control.

The woman in front of him started crying, her tears breaking his non-beating heart.

“Please.” She cried. “ Please answer me, anything to prove I’m not going crazy.”

Johnny reached out carefully placing his hand on her shoulder and the sparks went off once again, but this time neither jumped.

“I’m here. I’m real. Please lady. Tell me you hear my voice.”

“Oh God!” She softly cried, wiping her tears away with her hands. “Yes, oh my... I... I can hear you.”

He took a deep breath and said. “I think we have to be touching for you to be able to hear me.” He was trying to hard to sound calm, wanting, needing the lovely woman in front of him to calm down.

“Where are you? Why can’t I see you?” She asked.

He swallowed, his insides shaking so badly from the excitement that a human, this beautiful woman was able to talk with him.

“Please, don’t be afraid of me. I promise I won’t hurt you.” He said with a gentle voice.

Her lips and voice quivered as she answered. “Ok.”

He took a deep breath. “My name is Johnny. I’ve been stuck here in this house since the 1940’s and.... And I’m standing right in front of you. And well you ... You can’t see me because...” His voice trailed off.

“Because why?” She asked quickly, stepping closer toward him.

“You can’t see me because...” He took a deep breath then said in a rush. “...I’m a ghost.”

Ashley stood there with her mouth hanging open in shock. Her insides were quivering so badly and her legs were like jelly. “I’ve... I’ve got to sit down.”

She pulled away and felt the tingle in her shoulder stop. She looked back in the direction she hoped he was in and said. “Uh... Why don’t you sit down with me so we can talk?”

She sat on the couch wishing she could stop shaking. A few moments passed before she felt his touch in her hand, the warmth of his touch spreading up her arm.

He had never felt so at peace as he did at this moment since his death. She was so pretty and looked so much like his Ashley of old that he wanted to cry. He had to find out what her name was. “May I ask what your name is?”

She smiled a little. “My name is Ashley.”

Before he could stop he said. “Oh my God!”

Johnny felt a tear slide down his cheek as he stared at her unbelievingly.

She sensed something was wrong so she asked. “What’s wrong?”

She felt the tingling now but instead of in her hand she felt it on her cheek.

“Nothing is wrong Ashley.” His voice trembled so hard. “In fact, nothing could be more perfect.”

She closed her eyes as Johnny kept stroking her cheek, the sensation moving so softly and so warm upon her skin.

She sighed deeply as a warm feeling filled her heart that she couldn’t begin to explain. She felt like this ghostly man was cherishing her. Her eyes flashed open quickly as another feeling spread through her heart, the feeling of being loved.

She felt her strength leave her, the high strung emotions of the day draining her. She didn’t want to leave him, to leave his touch but she didn’t think she could stay awake a moment longer.

She reached out to where she thought his cheek would be, feeling the heat move through her fingertips and up her hand.

“Johnny I really am tired now. I just feel so drained, I just can’t stay with you a moment longer. I just need to lie down for a while. Please say you will be here when I wake up?”

“I can’t and I won’t promise because I never know when this existence I’m living will disappear and I don’t want to make a promise to you I can’t keep. But believe me Ashley I will fight with everything in me to stay here, to be here when you wake.”

Ashley stood up slowly and was beginning to turn away when Johnny said. “Wait, I need to do one thing before you sleep.”

He didn’t say a word as he stepped closer and closer, till his body merged with hers, they both gasped at the contact. Then he said. “Sweet dreams Ashley.” The heat seem to intensify for just a moment before he stepped back, watching her turn and climb the stairs to her bedroom.

Upstairs in her bedroom Ashley was moving on autopilot in removing her clothing, not caring where the pieces landed. A weary sigh came from her as she slipped under the covers on her old bed and by some small miracle she was able to fall asleep quickly.

But it was not a restful sleep as her dreams began. Dreams of her in a different time. Dreams of her being with a young handsome man, eyes such a pale shade of blue, sandy blonde hair that tend to fall across his forehead, making her want to reach out and comb it back into place with her fingers.

The dream kept playing, showing them together on her parent’s front porch, sitting so close to each other in the swing. Him reaching out and softly cupping her cheek and leaning forward, giving her the sweetest kiss of her life. His eyes were sparkling in the dark when he pulled back.

The images still kept playing, showing the young man almost leaping out of the swing, pulling her to her feet. The young man held her hands and bent to one knee asking her to be his wife.

The next flash had her standing in front of a church, the young handsome man beside her, his eyes bright with tears as he tells the church he will be hers till death. Ashley feels so much love for this man as he lifts her veil, her heart bursting as his soft lips kiss her making her his wife.

The images move quickly now. Happy moments flying by till the dreaded day he was drafted. The dream showed her reading letters from him as he went through basic training and from Pearl Harbor. The smoke was still clinging to his last letter from there before he was shipped out into the Pacific.

The dream then turned to a nightmare as a young officer stood at her door. The young man delivering the news that her husband was dead, that his plane he was flying in had crashed into the Pacific Ocean.

Ashley woke up screaming and sitting upright in bed. Her eyes were wide open in fright but some how a voice was getting through to her.

It was Johnny’s voice.

She finally felt the warmth of his touch running up and down her arms as his calm voice brought her back to reality.

She so wanted to hug him tight to her trembling body, but she couldn’t. So she did the only thing she could by wrapping her arms around a pillow and laying on her side asking. “Johnny would you please stay with me, just hold me till I fall asleep.” She whispered.

Without a word Johnny laid beside her, his arm around her, their bodies just touching enough to feel each other’s warm presence.

He touched his lips to her hair causing her head to tingle and in a whispered voice he said. “Sleep love. I promise it will all be better when you wake up again.”

Ashley woke sometime later, the afternoon sun having disappeared leaving only the moon to light her room. She stretched and rose from the bed blinking against the bright light she turned on beside her bed.

She remembered dropping her clothes on the floor but now they lay neatly folded on top of her dresser. She smiled a warm smile knowing that Johnny must have done that for her.

She quickly went to the bathroom taking a shower and putting on clean shorts and a t-shirt.

She ran down the stairs feeling so light and free, better then she has felt in a long time.

Going into the kitchen she grabbed a soda from the fridge and swallowed a couple of drinks. She walked over to the back door staring at all the shadows that had come out to play under the big full moon.

Then he was there. His sizzling touch upon her neck, waves of tingles moving under her skin as he caressed her.

“Do you feel better now my sweet? Uh I mean Ashley.”

She shivered as his voice moved inside her, warming her even more.

“Yes I do. Thank you for staying with me Johnny that meant a great deal to me.”

She felt the tension change in the energy of his touch and heard him sigh.

“We need to talk Ashley about something and I don’t know how you will handle it.”

A strange feeling settled in the pit of her stomach. “What is it?”

“I need you to come up to the attic with me there is something I need for you to look at. It will help you understand a little better I think then me trying to explain it.”

She slid away from his presence long enough to find a flash light and come back to him. She reached out her hand and felt him take a hold of hers as they walked up to the attic.

Ashley heard Johnny take a shaky breath and heard him say. “ That trunk over in the corner has what I need you to see.”

So she sat down on the floor, carefully opening the rusted latches and lifted the lid. Inside she could see was a treasure trove of items. Photo albums, 78 records, some men’s clothing was also in the trunk.

There was a large box that contained an old wedding dress that she couldn’t take her eyes off of. “It’s beautiful.” She whispered.

Ashley got the feeling she had seen this dress before but couldn’t remember from where. She carefully put the lid back on the box and felt Johnny’s touch on her shoulder. “Take that large photo album their, the one with the leather trimming and lets go back downstairs.”

A few minutes later they sat down side by side on the couch, their legs blending together so Ashley could hear him.

“Open the album up to the first page.” His voice was sounding strange.

She did as he requested and found two very old baby photos, one of a boy and one of a girl.

“That is a picture of my wife and me when we were just babies.”

“You both were very beautiful. I bet your parents were very proud.”

He asked her to keep looking, making a few comments telling her names of parents and grandparents.

As the teen years started she slowed down the turning of the pages. The two teens looked so familiar to her that she couldn’t skip one picture. She heard Johnny take a deep breath as she turned the next page feeling his tension flow through her.

On the page was a single black and white photo of the two young teens finally together. Ashley felt her heart beat pick up as the look of love in the teens eyes shined through.

“That was she and I at our first dance together.” His voice took on a different quality as he spoke. “She was so beautiful; when I picked her up and I saw her walk down the stairs at her home I thought she was an angel sent to me from heaven.”

She had trouble swallowing past the lump in her throat as the emotions of his voice touched her. “You loved her starting that night didn’t you?” She asked in a choked voice.

“Yes I did. I never stopped loving her from that night on.” She swore she could feel the pain in his voice as he said that.

She laid a nail lightly on the photo tracing Johnny’s image, wishing she could see his face right now, see the love that she knew had to be bursting from his eyes at this very moment.

There was only one more page left in the photo album and as her fingers touched the page she could feel the heat increase from where they touched.

For a long time she sat there in shock staring at the wedding photo of the two teens that were in there 20’s it appeared.

Ashley’s bottom lip began to quiver as the images of that dream flew through her mind, stopping on the image of her and the sandy light haired man at the alter.

The photo in front of her started to blur as other images filled her head, images that was not in her dream earlier.

She began to sputter as she jumped up putting the photo album on the coffee table. “What... How... This just can’t...” her voice faded.

Johnny did nothing but sit their watching the memories come flooding back to her of the time they was together in the distant past.

She finally stopped in front of the fireplace, her head back on her leaning back on her shoulders gasping for breath.

Johnny couldn’t stand it any longer and came to her. Touching her to comfort her in some way. He stepped up close behind her, hesitating a moment before closing the gap between them. What would have been his chest touching and merging with her back.

At first she jerked away from him before resting a little back toward the warm buzz of his energy. He wrapped what would have been his arms around her waist, wishing with all his soul he was solid, a human so she could feel him surround her.

He rubbed what would have been his cheek against her hair saying. “I know it’s a shock Ashley, but it’s true. I feel it so deep in my soul that you are her, my wife. I couldn’t believe it myself when I first saw you. But for some reason someone in heaven sent you back to me.”

A soul wrenching sob tore from her throat as she pulled from him, taking the stairs two at a time. Johnny felt like his soul had been tore from him as she ran.

Her sobs was reaching deep into his soul making him unable to let her be alone he drifted up through the ceiling into her room. Finding her across her bed hugging her pillow to her chest.

He sat beside her and lightly stroked her hair. She jerked up so fast that she scared him. She looked at where she thought he would be, tears streaming down her face, crying out. “I’ve missed you so much Johnny.”

He kept his hand on her as he shifted, whispering. “Lay down love and rest your head on my chest.”

She laid down putting the pillow where his chest would be and rested her head against it.

He wrapped her in his ghostly arms, feeling the buzz of energy flow between them. “That’s it my sweet Ashley, cry as much as you need.” He stroked his hand along her hair, over and over till her sobs finally quieted and he feels her fall into an exhausted sleep.

Hours had past by as she slept, finally waking in the pre dawn hours. As her head began to clear the memories rushed back to her. It was all so much to take in at one time, she thought.

Ashley snuggled closer to the pillow she was hugging and that was when she felt him, felt that he was still with her.

“How do you feel love?” He asked so softly in the quiet room.

She took a cleansing breath. “Better then I have in a long, long time.” Her hand stroking over the pillow but she knew he could feel it when she heard a light moan come from him.

“I don’t feel lost anymore Johnny. I feel finally like I’ve come home.”

She could feel his hand stroking through her hair again. “Are you sure Ashley? The last thing I ever want is to do is hurt you.”

She used his energy field to guide her hands over his body. Her hand starting on his chest and over his chin, coming to a stop at the place his lips would be. Slowly she traced her finger over the area and felt the tension in his body grow.

She leaned upwards and moved her mouth to wear her fingers were and placed a kiss there before answering. “I’m sure my love. It took a long time but I’ve finally come back to you.”

She gave a longer kiss this time, hearing him moan. She opened her mouth and felt a fantastic heat slip between her lips.

She rolled onto her back feeling his ghostly energy follow. His tongue was still in her mouth as he moved his hand over her breast, the nipple turning into a harden peak.

His heat pulled from her mouth and she was able to see the hem of her shirt move up and over her belly to her breasts. “Help me Ashley.” Johnny’s voice was staining with need.

He moved away as she raised up and rolled from the bed. He was able to watch her strip every piece of clothing from her lush body.

In a blink of an eye his clothes was gone. He was able to see his cock hard and throbbing between his legs, he couldn’t resist reaching down and stroking himself to the slow tease she was giving him.

She stood before him with only her panties covering her. He rose up to sit on the side of the bed, reaching out and caressing her breasts. How he missed her all these years he thought as he teased her nipples.

She moaned as his sizzling touch caused a fire to catch inside her. Gasping out as her felt her nipple being enclosed in the hot heat of his mouth, his wicked tongue knowing exactly how to please her.

Johnny was as close to heaven as he had ever been in his life as he suckled her harden nipples into his mouth. Her taste still the same as it was all those years ago.

“Johnny.” Ashley cried out as the flames spread from her nipples down between her legs to her aching clit, the flick of his tongue upon her nipple causing her pussy to flood with juices.

His hands along with the help of gravity got her silky panties down her legs. His mouth kept working back and forth between each breasts as he placed his invisible hands upon the insides of her thighs, his energy blazing through every cell inside her.

“It’s been so long Ashley.” He moaned against her skin. “So long since I’ve got to touch you, taste you, feel your beautiful body.” His hands and fingers drew lazy circles on the tender skin of her thighs.

“Please Johnny don’t make me wait.” She begged of him.

She cried out suddenly as his hand cupped her soaking wet pussy. His fingers energy slipping between the juicy lips to circle around her clit.

He groaned hard against her breast as she began to grind herself into his hand.

“That’s it love, give yourself to me.” His fingers circle around faster. “My sweet, sweet Ashley.”

He wrapped his lips around her stiff nipple, sucking her hard and deep into his mouth as he moved his fingers down from her clit to slide two fingers up inside her. He pumped her, stroking her inside with the tips of his fingers as he suckled on her nipple.

“You’re so tight Ashley. Squeeze my fingers love, show me what you’re going to do to my cock when I slide it up inside you.”

She moaned hard at his words. The muscles inside her clamping down hard, causing him to force his finger up into her even harder. Using the energy of his ghostly fingers to stretch her open even more.

Ashley felt like her insides were on fire and that was only from his fingers.