All Comments on 'Taken Back Pt. 04'

by jadewinchester

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
You ended this bullshit earlier. Leave it dead you sociopath.

Clyde was never kind. Being kind means not letting your brother carve your wife up. And how many fucking dogs live to be 16 goddamn years old. You think he's going to Beatle to guess where she lives from calling every fucking vet in the country?

Ram your head into a wall. Knock some sense into that skull of yours.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Author tortures readers - again.

Fool me once shame on you… Fool me twice? Not a chance.

Unless you've rewritten this story to actually fulfill the title, no one should bother to read this. It ended last time with whatever his name was lobotomizing Lyndsay and impregnating her over and over. I won't be fooled again. This story not worth anyone's time.

I get that some people like extremes - free (for now) country - but this story will be torture for almost everyone else.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I assume you decided to undo that last chapter?

Well at least this seems to be vaguely back on the right track of impending revenge, though it was a bit disappointing that the 'revenge' bit is still nowhere near in sight.

I do wish you would add a bit of realism to this horror show. The world and government knows about their kidnapping and it's been years of advancements in technology since then -- it just seems unfeasible that this entire community of hillbillies brainwashed with faulty Biblical ideals could somehow outsmart the 21st century and remain hidden from scrutiny even after being brought to light the first time.

jadewinchesterjadewinchesterover 7 years agoAuthor
Concerns

People go missing all the time, cases fall through cracks. People who live mostly off grid can manage to hide for years. There are people who are kidnapped, go missing for decades. Some are never found. I feel like you need to check reality in general. There are so many places to hide, especially if properties are in others names. Clydes not the same clueless hillbilly, he spent years in her world hunting her down, years recuperating from being mangled by Lyndsay. Like it, or don't. But I feel like if your in this genre you don't get to be a pansy. If you've read previous chapters, you know my world is sick, dark and twisted. You clicked the story, get over it.

Reborn1997Reborn1997over 7 years ago
Better

I like this better than the two other scenarios (submitted and emailed). Don't heed everyone else. They didn't have to read it if they didn't want to. Hopefully you continue this story and maybe include real revenge into it. Maybe a love story or something.... You are creative so I know it'll work!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Yes, people can go missing for years

But perpetrators that have already been exposed to the public eye? They don't need to be caught in person for people to become aware of their identities and appearances since they now have witnesses and leads to go on to find that out.

Sure, let's go with a brainwashed person like Clyde somehow being able to blend into the 21st Century and go about looking for Lyndsay without any real obstacles of getting found out. That part isn't really the problem--it's Lyndsay's scenario. She has surely made headlines when she reappeared after her first kidnapping. Such a controversial case would no doubt have people looking into the case because of her escape with the other victims. Getting abducted a second time would no doubt make headlines once again.

The first time she got kidnapped, it makes sense if she were to disappear off the face of the earth for years on end because there was no knowledge then of her abductors. Now though? You made it clear that the public knows about them and that the authorities were aware that Clyde's body was never found.

I'm not saying that it's completely unbelievable that Clyde managed to abduct the same person as well as their son and then managed to somehow get away with it again, but it seems far too smoothsailing for these kinds of antagonists to repeat such a heinous offence a second time and yet everything seems to be going their way once again.

Perhaps it would make more sense if Clyde and his community had enough power/influence as well as wealth to elude/bribe authorities, but that doesn't seem to be the case here. Instead, the story makes it seem like the world outside of Clyde's community has somehow stopped existing, functioning or caring the moment Lyndsay got abducted.

Don't get me wrong; your writing is compelling and captivating, though unquestionably dark. I'm mostly nitpicking, but I have a habit of trying to explain myself in long ass paragraphs just so I can get my point across. I do not mean to offend you with my critique--just merely trying to highlight something that has been nagging at me from the beginning of the story--but I do apologize if it has.

MasterfuljimMasterfuljimover 7 years ago
Hmm

Truthfully I didn't much like the previous ending because I wanted her to win, but I think I commented that nonetheless it was a powerful piece of writing. Kudos to you too for doing it.

If you have rewritten it to continue with the story and give her the revenge...along with lots more dark interludes, then well done and roll on the next chapter.

If you have rewritten it bowing to pressure then to the naughty step with you. I like your dark world of writing and would urge you to continue.

The 21st century arguement has merits but hey...there would be no story if she was found, so a little bit of suspending reality doesn't hurt.

Is there another chapter in this ?

Ellienora35Ellienora35over 7 years ago
I liked this chapter

You changed it. You made hope. I can't wait to see how this goes from here. Thanks for rewriting this.

jadewinchesterjadewinchesterover 7 years agoAuthor
Yes, a final chp

I will do my best to address all those concerns in the next chapter. Maybe answer some of those nagging questions, I cannot give a timeline, but its definitely in the works.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
A positive chapter

Thank you for rewriting it. I hope Lyndsay will be the winner in the final chapter. She and her son deserve to have a better future fill with love and happiness.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

Any new updates? I have been waiting so long in hope there's more

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userjadewinchester@jadewinchester
IF YOU ARE GOING TO SEND ME EMAIL TO DISCUSS OR TRY AND COLLABORATE, MAKE SURE THE RETURN EMAIL ADDRESS IS CORRECT. I CANT WRITE BACK WITHOUT IT! Anyone whos messaged and I haven't replied, this ^ is why! Writing is a hobby, I simply love to create. The fact that anyone like...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES