All Comments on 'Maeve's New Job Description Ch. 11'

by Wants2benaughty

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
amh1970amh1970about 9 years ago
just end it

At first this story was hot...But that stopped at chapter 4....You really can stop writing because this storyline makes no sense

Wants2benaughtyWants2benaughtyabout 9 years agoAuthor
i am sorry you feel this way

Maeve has so many more adventurous.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
hummmm...

I'm torn...I have been looking forward to each new short episode but though the character is showing more emotion and the story is continuing...there is still no character development. There is no insight no wondering no pondering. And my worst fear I feel is going to happen...you are going to allow her to accept and love being a blackmailed, beaten, raped, life ruining (David's case) whore. Maybe it's your thing but having her get off on the humiliation which I see coming is a turn off for me. Next to be a gift to an eighteen yr old....being treated the way she is by all...I feel that you are going to turn this into an awakening for her....no fight what so ever. I'd want to have hope but I would have tried to kill myself especially now. Hell I might have gone too jail instead of this situation. Even if he let's her go she would only be viewed as a whore in the business world....word travels. I'm sticking around but I'm not vested in this character as I had been in the beginning.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
I'm enjoying it

Quick check in to let you know I'm very much enjoying the story.

Wants2benaughtyWants2benaughtyabout 9 years agoAuthor
Thank you

After all the negatives, I need a positive.

Maeve does not feel good about the ruining lives part, she was not aware of that aspect until this chapter. I don't see how her reaction could be interpreted as feeling good about it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Hmmmm

Just some thoughts: the character Mauve has been written, so far, as someone the reader likes, someone they can associate with. So as a reader, we get in the mindset of, "if that were me, I'd....". One of the other commenters said they'd probably kill themselves or just go to jail.. And I think that ties back to the fact that we like Mauve, and cannot stand the injustice of her being humiliated and treated this way. Having said that, I'll keep reading because I keep hoping that she'll either rescue herself or someone will rescue her. You've written her from the beginning as someone who is not happy about being treated this way, and from what I understood, she has self respect and is not truly aroused from being humiliated, she's performing because she needs to. Maybe take a step back and say: what would Mauve do? Make her a real person to you and review her behavior and thoughts up to this point and re-examine what her direction would be. Will she roll over and just keep taking it? Or will she start scheming ways to bring the devil and aedon down? Because let's be honest, aedon is just as responsible as the devil for her current predicament. Some of the best authors develop characters and make them real to themselves, it's how they can write compelling tragedies, but build the character up as stronger and make the character a bad ass in their own right. Sooo this is kind of long, but don't stop writing!! You have a great base here, and if you take a step back, you can analyze the comments to try and understand why the reader would feel that way.. I hope my rambling helped and encouraged you to keep going :) even though I added my biased hopes for the story and mauve :)

Wants2benaughtyWants2benaughtyabout 9 years agoAuthor
Have a little faith...

The next few chapters have some changes, and I consider these last chapters part of her development. She learns that there is actually power in sex, and that you can get a high from it. She finds that Aedan can be a real person and display feelings, and can be a complete Ass.

She then learns that she is partly responsible for if not destroying, at least giving The Devil power over some one else. She saw that she is not the only person he fucks with, and is getting part of the extent he will go to, too get what she wants.

She is now wearing a GPS device, that if she removes they will embed in her skin. She has a lot of stuff to figure out before she can even think of escape. Everything she has now has been provided by The Devil and his staff. She needs a good deal of motivation and thought before she can think of escape. I prefer not to fast forward through all of that and skip to the end. Where she will attempt to get out of his grasp, but will it work?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous