Mailgirls on the Run Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Fourteen came up on Megan's shoulder as they turned into the parking lot. The older woman was breathing easily and looked strong. She set out in pursuit of Two while Megan just held onto her rhythm. When they turned to start the final lap Megan could see Sixteen and Thirteen striding along together about thirty yards back. Fourteen caught up to Two and Megan watched the shorter black woman try to lengthen her stride to try to stay with the taller brunette. Megan kept telling herself "it's not a race" but muscle memory kicked in and she upped her tempo to try to reel in the two leaders.

It was Fourteen all the way and Mr Starnes called out "Thirty-one eighteen, nineteen, twenty-one" as Megan edged Two on the run-in. Sixteen finished to a cacophony of cheers with ginger-haired Thirteen just a few steps back. Then came Seven, Eight, Twenty, and Eighteen.

Now the crowd started chanting "Six, six, six, ..." as Eighteen despondently stopped a few steps past the finish line and reached for her ankles even before Mistress V called out. Each thwack of the paddle was greeted with a cheer while the other mailgirls were clustered around the water table attracting closer attention.

Mistress V called out "Inside" and the eight Mailgirls obediently turned and headed for the front entrance, followed by Megan who was happy that she wasn't shepherding another mailgirl to the Med Center.

* * * *

"Sarah, you wouldn't believe the scene Sunday morning. The lobby was as full as I've ever seen it and the coffee shop was doing record business. The parking lot was overrun with spectators, all men, of course. I think every horny young male SG&T employee told all of their friends – how did that many people pry themselves out of bed at that hour on a Sunday morning, shouldn't they be sleeping off Saturday night? I think Mistress V was distressed at the scene. The non-SG&T men had obviously not been briefed that mailgirls are the lowest of the low; they cheered for the runners. Sixteen, you remember: tall well-built blonde from marketing, was a crowd favorite. I know there was still the men clothed, mailgirls naked going on, but it was an entirely different vibe from delivering a message to some suit on the fifth floor. I'm afraid that Ms Barnes and Mistress V will feel a need to inflict something dreadful on the mailgirls to remind them of their place."

"And did Megan get any of that admiration?"

"I got cheers and catcalls about being overdressed and one guy came up to me and told me that I was attractive enough to be a mailgirl, so why not."

"Oh the joy of a mailgirl, to know that you look good enough to be beaten."

Mistress V demanded that the bras not be worn in the building so the test subjects put them on and peeled them off in front of the parking lot crowd – that was well received."

"So, who is in the running to run?"

"Three had the quickest time, pushing me all the way on Saturday. Four beat me in the first run Sunday morning, I was thinking of my fifteen minutes between runs. Sam and I finished together in that heat. Fourteen beat me in the second run on Sunday, I was feeling it by then, and Two finished just behind me. Fifteen also ran well on Saturday as did Twelve in the first heat on Sunday. Fourteen and Fifteen's contracts are up in September so I don't know how that will play into things. And as I said, the crowd favorite seemed to be Sixteen, also nearing the end of her contract. Five finished last for the second straight week; Eighteen and Twenty-one also got six of the best in their heats. When Mistress V sent the mailgirls from the first heat back into the building and announced the last one through the door would be paddled in the locker room, there was a surge of spectators from the parking lot into the building opting for watching chastisement over the start of the second heat."

* * * *

Later, in talking with Brendan, Megan said, "I'm a middle distance runner, not a marathoner. I can stretch out to run a decent 10k, but these three runs in twenty-four hours are brutal. If the temperature soars next weekend I could be struggling to avoid the last place prize in that final heat."

"Well, since you're skipping the Striders race this week, I may have to get up early next weekend to cheer you on."

"Just remember which runner that you'll be watching."

* * * *

Fourteen was on her mat in the Law Library that afternoon working on one of her current courses when Mr Fforde came up behind her.

"You're looking lovely, my dear, all this running about must agree with you. I've had a chat with Human Capital and some of my friends on the fifth floor." He put his hands on her shoulders and squeezed gently. Fourteen had tensed up at the sound of his voice so some gentle massage would be welcome, but why him.

"If you qualify for the running team, I've brokered a deal where your mailgirl contract will be amended to put you in a part time status from mid-August through the end of the year. You would be on duty at SG&T from Friday morning through Monday afternoon just as you are now and would be released to the outside Tuesday through Thursday, which would allow you to take classes on campus. Of course, you'd need to sort out your living arrangements during the week, but we could find you something."

Fourteen had a pretty good idea of what living arrangements Mr Fforde had in mind and she thought no. Being able to take classes on campus this semester was a good thing, she'd have to figure out housing and transportation on her own.

"Well, I won't keep you. Think about this offer and if things work out Ms Barnes will call you in the week after next."