Majgen Ch. 018

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Inee looked at her knowingly. Of Majgen's five students, he had become the most insightful.

'It is bothering you that he has started to forget you are not really a pet.'

"Apart from me, you are the only one who sees that," said Majgen.'The only one, other than me, who realises that Aejoa thinks of me as a pet.'

"You should confront him," said Inee.'He will not realise on his own, like you hope.'

"If I beat him in this game, he will."

'You know that is not true,' transmitted Inee.

'Yes, I know,' admitted Majgen, to both herself and Inee. "He is my friend, Inee. I love him, and I miss him when he is away. At least me being better at Jeeiouma will be a nice welcome home gift."

'I love him too,' felt Inee.'He is my Winin. But, I love/respect/cherish you more.' Inee was uncomfortable with Aejoa's possessive feelings for Majgen.'You shouldn't spoil him, Maijien. You shouldn't let him hang on to the illusion that you are his property.'

"But I am," stated Majgen. "He has a document that claims so."

"No. Maijien you are your own."'And you know that too.'

'I know,' felt Majgen.

"I am not ready," she said.'Not ready for that confrontation - yet.'

Inee moved his shoulders in acknowledgement of her right to make her own decision, and switched to another topic.

"The mate of one of my brothers has trouble adjusting to the Path."'She yearns for it, but' "something is halting her." Inee, Joone, Niinon, Ene, Mooje, and Majgen as well, often transmitted emotions and skipped parts of their sentences - when communicating amongst each other.

Like for all empaths words themselves did not translate, but the understanding of each other that came with sharing the path made it possible for them to communicate more meanings empathically.

"It is normal," said Majgen.'All of you have told me of several such occurrences,' "some people seem to have mental blocks."'If the path is truly for her, I am sure she will find it.'

"I have tried to help her identify the block myself."'Couldn't find/grasp,' "She is very frustrated."'Deep longing.'

"And you would like me to help," perceived Majgen.

"Yes," said Inee.'You see very clearly, clearer than any of us.'

'I can see this means a lot to you, so,' "I will try if I can find the block, if she comes to visit you in the servant quarters."

'Thank you,' felt Inee.

'You are welcome,' felt Majgen.

"So," said Majgen, turning her attention back to the board pieces, "how do I perform a slow harvest with this set-up?"

----=(o)=----

There were several fundamental gifts in Majgen's teachings. One was for a person to learn to open their heart and see others more truly. This was an aspect Majgen mastered by her nature. No one had taught her.

Another gift within the Path of the Heart was a gift of giving; a follower of the Path was able to show what they saw with their heart. A person did not need to be a Follower to receive the gift of giving, did not even have to be an empath. Majgen had once given it to a non-empathic human named Fral. By the nature of her being, Majgen mastered the gift of giving. She taught that gift perfectly too. Yet, in the early months of the Path, none of her students had given that gift toher.

Before learning of the Path, and - indeed - also in the early months, Majgen's followers in the Winin's household were accustomed to considering those of greater wisdom superior to themselves. They were used to believing in the infallible. They were used to believing that those with greater empathic insight were wiser in all accounts of wisdom. This was the cultural trait supporting the reverence of the Eieie.

When Majgen showed the Path to the first students - Joone, Inee, Mooje, Ene, Niinon - they were understandably awed. Receiving the Gift of Giving for the first time was almost always an immense experience. Majgen was the founder, the first. On a subconscious level her students' awe developed to reverence. By cultural habit that reverence blinded them superstitiously when sensing her.

They were unable to allow themselves to see flaws in her, thus were unable to see her truly -- none of them could give her the Gift of Giving. Being the founder Majgen had given the Path to others. But this early, no one had truly given the Path to her. She was still alone in her efforts to understand herself, still alone with her personal insecurity.

The Path of the Heart spread. In the beginning it was slow, as it usually appears at first when something spreads exponentially.

Those who found the Path showed it to their friends and family. Most yijejos grew up in families with three to four parents and five to sixteen siblings. Usually when a yijejo - who did not know of the Path - was introduced to it by a friend, then a few weeks later a jewellery crafter would get an order for multiple small appendages in an unusual design: A flat artistic representation of a yijejo heart viewed from the front. Such customers usually brought an image - or a heart-shaped appendage - for the artist to study and copy.

In the beginning no one realised the spread was exponential. Majgen got time to adjust to the existence of the Path while it was still small. Her previous life had been very humble -- oppressed and demeaning -- and utterly lonely. It was very hard for her to grasp that she had all along unknowingly held this key to understanding between empaths within her.

Amongst those who knew of the Path of the Heart - during its first months - Majgen was the only one who doubted its importance. The others did not understand her doubts. If they had realised she was being denied the Gift of Giving, they would have understood.

Their friendship warmed her, their love strengthened her, but Majgen knew they did not perceive her fully like they did each other.

In the past, Majgen had experienced blindness amongst those who thought ill of her, or amongst those who were frustrated. Now she saw blindness again - amongst those who revered her. Deep down, she was as lonely as any empath not following the Path of the Heart.

Aejoa treated her like a pet, her other friends treated her like an entity of perfection. They all treated her lovingly, however, and, in spite of the hidden emotional conflicts, Majgen was very happy in that early time of the Path.

For months First Servant Inee wondered why Majgen -- or Maijien, as he, the other servants, and Joone called her -- kept postponing a confrontation with Aejoa, regarding his derogatory behaviour. Eventually Inee got used to the situation, and forgot to wonder.

Majgen on the other hand, didn't forget. Although, she didn't truly realise her real reason for postponing. She thought she postponed because she didn't want to hurt Aejoa - the confrontation would be unpleasant. In reality she postponed because his somewhat derogatory attitude offered a counter-weight to the reverence from her other friends.

In a daily life switching between loving demeanour and loving reverence there was an odd -- yet somehow natural -- balance, a strange place in between, where she could feel fairly at ease. At that time in her life, it would have been impossible for Majgen to feel at ease in a life of constantly being worshipped reverently.

----=(o)=----

In Aejoa's home, on planet Naonun, Majgen was trying to draw a sculpture. She had chosen a small simple one. When she felt her missed friend entering the room she immediately dropped the pad and got on her feet.

"Aejoa!" she yelled, running to him, arms stretched out. "I've missed you," she said, as he lifted her up, so she could hug him by putting her arms around his neck. Aejoa, Winin of Naonun, had been away performing Winin-duties for the better part of a yijejoan day.

"Little Human," giggled Aejoa. "How has your day been, Pet?"

"I've been trying to learn to draw. What have you been doing?"

"Just the usual duties," replied Aejoa.'Mediating boring, but important, complicated negotiations between politicians,' he thought. He didn't, himself, notice that he also felt,'Far too complex a subject for her to grasp.'

Majgen noticed the emotion, but paid no heed to it. She had taught herself to ignore such sentiments in him.

In the meantime -- On Oaaa, a planet under the same quadro-planetary government as Naonun -- another Winin, too, was about to have a reunion with a loved one.

"One of your siblings has come to visit, Winin." The servant's announcement, surprised Imaun, the Winin of Oaaa. His siblings usually called ahead before coming.

"Which room did you lead our guest to?" asked Imaun.

"The light blue leisure-room, Winin."

"I will call if I need service." Imaun minimised his note pad while getting on his feet. Walking to meet his guest, Imaun wondered who it could be.

His guest turned out to be the sibling he least expected.

"Greetings, Ennan," said Imaun, raising a mind shield to hide his baffled surprise.'What does he want?'

"Imaun," said Ennan, automatically raising a mind shield of his own, when his brother did.

Suspiciously, Imaun eyed his brother.

'It's been years, since I saw him last,' Imaun remembered.'Has he gotten into trouble?'

"My brother," said Ennan, lowering his mind shield while a smile grew on his face. "I've missed you, my brother."

'Full Truth,' perceived Imaun, and said, "I wasn't aware that you missed me, Ennan."

"Neither was I, Imaun, until recently." Ennan's expression became serious. "We all have to grow up someday, Imaun. I am just sorry it happened at such a late age for me."

Blinking, Imaun tried to think of a good reply. Usually he always had words of wisdom ready for such deep comments, hearing such a statement from Ennan, however, had been too unexpected.

"Imaun, my brother," said Ennan, and knelt deeply, "my Winin." Lowering his eyes to the floor, Ennan gave a full traditional kneel. The most ceremonious show of respect to a Winin.

"You don't have to bow that ceremoniously, Ennan," said Imaun. "Such ceremony is quite voluntary from those who are not Eieie."

"Yes," said Ennan, and raised his eyes to his brothers face, but remained kneeling. "It is fully voluntary. I kneel to my Winin out of my own free will."

The Winin, Imaun, was quite surprised at Ennan's official recognition of his rank and position, but was even more surprised by Ennan's emotions while doing so.'He feels absolutely no regret about kneeling to me.' Imaun perceived that easily, since Ennan's mind shield was down.

"I'm sorry for all the years I wasted trying to convince myself I wasn't jealous of you, Imaun," said Ennan.

'Full Truth,' perceived Imaun.'Everything he says.'

"I was jealous," admitted Ennan, "immensely so, always have been. Since we were kids, I always wanted to be you. When you became a Winin my jealousy exploded out of proportions."

"Have you recovered from it now?" asked Imaun.

"I'd say so, Winin." Ennan rose to stand erect. "I am happy just being me now. I no longer want to be you."

"You don't desire my rank then?"

"Sure I do," said Ennan, and laughed, "Any chance you will give it to me?"

"That's beyond my power, Ennan. You will need to ask the Ojewa."

"Well, since I don't have the Ojewas private communicator in my call list, I'll try to settle with envying your rank, Brother," laughed Ennan.

"I can tolerate envy, as long as it doesn't get out of proportions," said Imaun, still having trouble adjusting to how different the person in front of him was from the brother he remembered.

"I love you, Brother, always have, always will," said Ennan. "More than anything else that was what I came to tell you."

"Just that?" asked Imaun, the words flew out unconsidered.'Did I just say that?'

"Yes, my brother, just that." Ennan was not offended. He understood Imaun's perplexion over his sudden appearance, understood how baffling his change in attitude had to be for his brother. "I have decided to stay on Oaaa, to live here. I will go ask our parents if I can stay with them a day or two till I have my own place."

"Would you like me to put a word in for you, Ennan."

"No, Imaun. That will not be needed. If they don't want me around I have friends who will have me." Ennan knelt again. "It was good to see you brother. You can call me anytime you feel like talking. I have registered my communicator number in the public files."

Once again Ennan rose to his feet. Imaun found himself to still be speechless.

"We do not need to talk further right now, Imaun," said Ennan. "I hope you will contact me." With that Ennan waved and turned to leave.

"Ennan," called Imaun.

"Yes, Imaun?"

"Would you like to stay for a while, for a hot beverage and a talk?"

"That would be nice, Brother."

----=(o)=----

An afternoon about seven human months after the Winin's rescue from human captivity, Majgen wandered through the servant quarters hoping for company. She had woken from a nightmare, as she regularly did. In one of the shared leisure rooms, she found a stranger sitting in a comfortable chair. Hesitating she eyed him from the doorway.

"Greetings," said the yijejo stranger. His eyes were covered by cloth.

'Who is he?' wondered Majgen, remnants of her nightmare made her slightly anxious.

"You feel like someone who has just woken from a nightmare," said the blind stranger. "Would you like to keep me company? I too, would like company right now."

'He feels like a follower of the Path,' perceived Majgen. Her students had noticed there was a slight difference, small tell-tale signs, that easily discerned those who knew the Path from those who didn't. From them Majgen -- who could not herself leave Aejoa's home to walk amongst people -- had learned of those signs too.

The blind yijejo felt it too - in her. "I can sense you are a follower of the Path, like me," he said, "but I do not understand why you would fear me. I assure you, I am not dangerous."

"Greetings," said Majgen, and entered the room. Slowly she moved to a chair close to the blind stranger.

"Were you scared of talking to me because you talk different?" he asked.

"You could say that, in a round about way, Stranger," stated Majgen. "My reasons to fear you, has to do with the reason why I talk strange."

"I like the sound of your voice." The truth in his words was easily sensed.

Climbing up to the yijejo seating, Majgen remained silent. Even a stranger was a better comfort than solitude.

"You feel unusually lonely for a follower of the Path," said the stranger.

"I shouldn't feel lonely. I have friends now. Friends who love me."

"Yet, you do."

"I don't know why," said Majgen.

"Yes, you do."

"I do, and I don't."

The truth in the duality of her sentence efficiently ended the conversation. For a few moments at least. In silence the two sat, and in the silence Majgen could remember her nightmare far too clearly, so she herself chose to break it.

"What is wrong with your eyes?"

"I had an accident. They were damaged beyond repair." He sighed in exasperation. "The doctors are growing me a new pair, but they say it will be at least three more days before they are ready to be inserted."

Majgen shuddered at the thought of being without eyesight for three yijejoan days (almost twenty-five human days). "You must miss colours horribly," she said, perceiving that he had already been without eyesight a good while.

"I do, and it is very annoying to need aid to get through the day."

"Would you like me to share a memory of the sky with you?"

"That would be wonderful," he admitted. "Please do."

"It will look different than you are used to," said Majgen, and thought,'For a moment I forgot that he doesn't know I am human.'

"Doesn't it always look different to the eyes of different people?"

"It does," said Majgen.'Maybe I should retract my offer and leave before he realises I am human.'

"Why do you hesitate again? Why would you fear me?"

"I am the Winin's pet," said Majgen, covering herself in the protection of that role. "You should not harm me, even if you should come to desire so."

"A human?"

"Ei." -Yes.

"I didn't think there was any truth to those rumours," the blind yijejo commented. In the way of the followers he also transmitted,'I wouldn't have guessed you were human.'

'There is no aggression in him even now that he knows,' perceived Majgen, and relaxed.

"Are the rumours true?" he asked.

"I have not heard the rumours." After saying this Majgen briefly followed his associations of hearing rumours in his emanations.

"Did you protect the Winin from other humans during his captivity?"

"I did my best to do so, Stranger."

'Thank you,' he transmitted in the way of the Path.

"You're welcome." Majgen smiled lightly, emotionally adding,'It feels strange to be thanked by a stranger, for what I once did for 'one I know well'/'a friend'.'

'I understand,' "Do you feel safer with me now?" He easily perceived she did, and immediately continued,'Will you 'show me'/share' "the sky"'now?'

'Yes.'

And she did. The most glorious blue stretching so high, so far, that she had pressed her palms to the table to remind herself that she was not falling up into it.

'Thank you.'

The yijejo reciprocated by showing her a sea. Standing on the beach, he had stood in sand and looked towards the horizon.

'Beauty!' Majgen felt and extended their empathic connection.'Please let me feel.'

'See and feel with me,' the stranger invited, accepting her request he too reached out entwining his mind with hers, in the manner of the Path.

They were a near middle-aged yijejoan man, bare-footed -- walking slowly -- feeling sand and slight rubble beneath their feet. Looking out at the sea, they saw millions of ripples reflecting millions of tiny sparks of light. They stopped and stood still, felt the breeze rustle their clothes, taking in the endless view of the horizon. They smelled the air, unbelievably fresh.

'May I see you too?' requested the yijejo's emotions.

'Yes.'

They were a twelve year old girl being educated on how to brew and decorate first class drinks, approaching the seemingly mundane task with serious precision and attention.

'Where was your childhood at this time?'

'Long gone.'

'Where/why?'

'Eaten devoured by/disappeared in/lost to the Darkness.'

'What Darkness, where?'

'No.' Majgen's emotional response was adamant.'We don't go there.'

They were a small girl, playing with their best play-mate -- Inga.

'I feel sorrow connected to this memory. What happened to her?'

'She wasn't amongst the survivors.'

'Survivors of what?'

'We don't go there.'

They were an adult woman, playing in the hallways of the Winin's home with a loved friend.

'This memory is happy.' "Thank you for showing it to me," the stranger said,'but why do you guide our travel so vehemently?' "Why won't you let it flow?"'Why won't you let me see your heart?'

"I... " Majgen couldn't explain herself.'I am afraid.'

"Look at my heart," he offered. "See me in the ways of the Path of the Heart before you decide not to trust me."'I can feel you have pain inside.' "Let the Path come to you."'I can see you hold the gift of seeing. Learn to trust me, if you can, then maybe you will let me give you the Gift of Giving.'

"I... " She hesitated yet again.

"Seeing does not scare you. Why hesitate to see my heart?"

'You are right.'

The stranger leaned back, as Majgen opened her senses -- and her heart -- to see who he was. She closed her eyes and let herself feel. The present, the room, herself, for a while everything disappeared from her world, and what existed was the yijejo's life. What it was and what it had been. What he had felt.