All Comments on 'Making it Work'

by Xarth

Sort by:
  • 56 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Mmm

That was so hott... I was wet from beginning to end... what a beautiful story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
MORE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TRULY A WELL WRITTEN STORY. MORE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Good story

A lot of realistic feelings and emotions. Relationships like this can be very beneficial.

txcoatl1970txcoatl1970over 12 years ago
Hot story about a hot mess.

I enjoyed the story immensely.

The stepdad's trying to control a situation by turning everything into a game of chicken and eventually somebody's gonna be willing to take the consequences.

Of course, I'm old enough to be the stepdad now and find trying to constantly dominate teenagers' lives is both tough and silly. They're sneaky bastards with nothing better to do than thwart your will if you keep playing chicken with them.

You gotta give them some incentive to play along or they'll bolt.

Making one kid the goat and one the angel that can do wrong is an abysmal parenting strategy. Better to have consistent, clear goals, a sense of support and guidance, and give kids the room to grow up.

Another thing, I think the mom's too chicken to publicly tell her husband he's an ass or publicly support him 100%, which keeps the drama going.

If the kids realized, we buck this, we're gone, no get out of jail free cards from Mom, they wouldn't buck Dad so much in this scenario.

FWIW, I think Julie's a spoiled brat used to getting her way who enjoys the drama with zero idea how the real world works. She's not malevolent, but she's definitely selfish.

The brother is trying to do good, but lack of support from his parents makes him waver until he succumbs to Julie's blandishments. No question he wants her, no question he knows it's a bad idea, but since he's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't in his parents' eyes...why not?

I'd love to see you take this further. Moar plz!

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichover 12 years ago
Very sweet and erotic

A loving story between two people who don't care about the taboo that society has placed on the love of a brother and sister.

Well written and edited made reading this story a pleasure.

Thanks for the read

totalyconfusedtotalyconfusedover 12 years ago
Thank you.

I would like to say that this was the most real story I have ever read on this website. It flowed, it made sense, I was realistic. I thank you and look forward to reading more of your material.

mrpervy46mrpervy46over 12 years ago
Wow

Excellent story honey, I hope things work out for them to be a couple. A wealthy (maternal) grandmother would help about now, put that jerk father in his place. I have a feeling he wants the daughter for himself. That could be dangerous for the brother.

klaxxklaxxover 12 years ago
Realistic.

So realistic that something similar happened to me. Big difference was that, unbeknown to me, dad was boffing sis against her will. He was uber-jealous of any time spent with me, but we just spent time together hanging out and chatting. One day she was upset and wouldn't tell me why. I gave her a big, loving hug. Dad saw, gave me a week to GTFO. One night, she called me to pick her up and wanted to spend the night...

For two years it was great, but ultimately it didn't work out. I hope these two fare better.

This story brings back soooo much. Mostly the good parts.

5/5

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Dear Toxicote....

Your comments are troubling. Perhaps you should read them carefully.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Nice

Good story dude. You could have turned it into a novel and that would have been better. Still, it's decent enough for a short story. But as it isn't a novel, it lacked the punch of romance and dramas. Anyway, it was an enjoyable story. I hope you continue it :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Seems real

I agree with others who speak of your realism. You seem to be the most realistic writer of romantic stories on this site - maybe on any site of this sort. And your stories, Xanth, are really romances, not just porn. Keep writing, please!! As some have said, you could even expand, maybe to novel length!

reader018reader018over 12 years ago
please continue,

I would like to see them be able to make things work out!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
good development

very well developed in such a short story. very believable.

ValerionValerionalmost 12 years ago
More please...

I would really like this story line to continue. I definitely want to see some serious drama between the father/son/daughter.

WarfolomeiWarfolomeiover 11 years ago
Good work...

in not making them cliche.

redskinsfan6969redskinsfan6969over 11 years ago
very good story

would love to read a 2nd part to it

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

Nice story, neither trying to manipulate the other

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
not good

not enough background poor plot and no end all add up to a subpar story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Great story

Unlike some of the above comments, I happen to love the story line, with its love, gentleness, sensitivities, etc. I am looking forward to future chapters, where they are both at university, living together. Obviously the father will need to be dealt with. I'll leave that for you to deal with. Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Very Good.

This story kept me riveted to the computer from beginning to the end. But would love to read more about this set of siblings. More please!

bseeker6969bseeker6969over 11 years ago

Now that's what I'm talking about.

RedTx88RedTx88about 11 years ago
Another great one Xarth

This story is great and extremely believable. It also has room to continue, we would all love to read the next installment. The dad definitely has some deeper issues with the situation. Someone in a earlier comment mentioned an unwanted relationship between the father & daughter that she maybe hasn't talked to her brother about yet, that would be a believable twist to run with if you wanted, I just hope you decide to continue it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Well

I've read most of your stories here. I have really liked them all AS FAR AS THEY GO.

For the most part, they seem incomplete to me. You get to a certain point & then STOP & leave everyone hanging including your characters.

It's a little irritating because us readers have NO idea what happens after your stopping point.

Kinda like reading a half a book.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Excellent writing!

Congratulations on a well-written story, with a plot that's not as overused as the usual plots in this genre. You held my interest the whole time---not just for the sex, although that was hot---but for the characters and the events. I agree with txcoatl that the sister was spoiled, but she didn't seem as selfish as the comment suggests. And I thought the male narrator was surprisingly well-adjusted and mature in his thoughts and behaviors, considering the rejection he had always gotten from his step-father. 5 stars!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago

Good story, and while I would have prefered a different ending (think we were all mildly surprised that she didnt move in, heh) but it is believable. I only think the sister is 'selfish' in the sense that she doesnt want to fuck up free education money and a car and if she told controlling dad to fuck off and moved in with brother, even just to get away from dad if nothing was happening between the kids, all that would likely dissapear. Personally I would have bounced stepdads ass out of my apartment after he shoved his way in, wether my sister had been there or not, or was still there. Daddy needs a reality check and mom should have quit walking the fence a long ass time ago. Her son comes first, daughter second and the asshole third. Just sayin'.

mafia_patriarchmafia_patriarchabout 10 years ago

I liked it. It's a textbook case of making a problem where there isn't one.

MetsysMetsysabout 10 years ago
Master of Short Story !!!

I read most of your story & loved them. Though your story seems to be incomplete, I like this style. 'cause it gives me the opportunity to imagine the ending. & sibling sex & love story ROCKS.

AmbivalenceAmbivalencealmost 10 years ago
You know, I'm getting to hate you, Xarth...

You keep writing these stories that get me vested in your characters... where not only do I care what's happening to them in the story but want to keep following their lives... and yet. You. Stop...

Aaarrrggghhhh.....

Add to that the fact that most of the stories I've read have been open-ended... as if they were written to allow for a sequel... sheesh... Tease.

Ah well, at least keep them coming, thank you... oh and in case it wasn't obvious, I like your stories too.

CwW89CwW89over 9 years ago
NO

YOU CANT JUST STOP IT THERE!!😩 With a plot and characters like that this could go on for many more chapters.

NecroticgodNecroticgodover 9 years ago

great story. Having been rereading most of your work again, this story seems by far (so far) the best example of leaving a story hanging. Not in a bad way or anything. Most of your stories are great but they end in a manor that if you decided to, you could easily write much more too. And this story is the best example of that. Good work.

DustyDevilDustyDevilover 9 years ago
More Please

We need book two and perhaps three please,

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

Ok, looking back on all the stories you wrote I see it the most in this story: There are siblings, they somehow find out they have an affection to each other. They approach slowly almost by coincidence and then they break the taboo. That's the borderline. You go maybe one or two steps past that and then the story ends no matter if there was any other unfinished business. The problem is that the breaking of the taboo is the actual goal and everything around it is just a background picture. It wouldn't make sense to write a sequel because the deed is done. I really don't care if this relationship holds forever. But especially in this case the situation is more than risky. You built such a strong antagonist for this plot and then you just let him fade away.

It really has potential. With this tension you could really build up a drama that makes the reader fear for the wellbeing of these two siblings. It needs a katharsis. We already hate that stepfather so much. There has to be kind of a showdown that makes space for the relationship or destroys it forever(which would be very unpleasant for us but you decide)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Nice

your story is really Nice

And lovely

Thanks For writing it

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Great story

Thanks for writing. I wonder what will happen once the father finds out...

WORDSMITH2015WORDSMITH2015about 8 years ago
A LITTLE ROMANTIC, A LITTLE EROTIC!!!!

A whole lot of enjoyment. Nicely done. More, please!!!!

Ib_SaysIb_Saysalmost 8 years ago
Not his dad anymore

It feels weird for the protagonist to stil call Julie's father dad, it would make more sense to start using his first name, either to acknowledge the distance between them, or just plain out of spite.

The story was pretty rushed and could stand being fleshed out in several ways

his_bitch96his_bitch96about 7 years ago
Quality writing

I cant enjoy any stories that arent written well. I loved this. Bravo.

rightbankrightbankover 6 years ago
Unintended consequences

He is pushing them out of the house

together

I worry for mom.

Turtle1952Turtle1952over 6 years ago
Loved this tale

I wonder if you would consider a sequel. I would love to know just how they get on with loving each other and dads reaction to them being together.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
You need to start writing sequels

All of your stories are amazing, every last one, but they're al entirely too short. Please, continue some of them!

oldnhornyoldnhornyover 6 years ago
unsatisfied

You left me hanging again. There's to many things unfinished. Do they get together , is their dad ok with it, do they leave home and live together. See all these things need to be answered. To many of your stories end this way, leaving your readers unsatisfied.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Completely agree

With every other reader. These are far too short. We don’t want to make you write like 5+ pages or another chapter if you don’t want to, but would you?

HornyKipHornyKipalmost 5 years ago
Very good

The setup was very well done. Not too fast and not so slow that it bacame mundane. I hope there is a part two and more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Incest

How can you call this incest when they aren't blood related?

GoldDust0402GoldDust0402about 4 years ago
They're half siblings.

Great story as always!

happybirthday22happybirthday22about 4 years ago
@ Anonymous Half means blood relationship

Half means 'Same father and different mother' or "Same mother and different father "

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

I'm always amazed at how you can make debaucherous stories filled with so much love

AJeyeAJeyealmost 4 years ago
Too short, for sure.

I do agree with some comments, that ending there gives the reader a chance to "fill in the blanks" on their own. My reason for you to continue this story is that I really enjoy your writing. To me, it's like listening to a favorite song, wishing it was longer just to hear more. Thanks, AJ

Diecast1Diecast1over 2 years ago

Beautiful story. like it a lot. AAAAA++++

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

boring

olblueyesolblueyes11 months ago

erotic and romantic,,liked it!

BigTexaz27BigTexaz2711 months ago

Good. Very Good.

Summer1987Summer19879 months ago

Needs another chapter. Really good!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Loved it, 5 stars

TakeatumblewithmeTakeatumblewithme6 months ago

Great story!

Another chapter is needed !

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userXarth@Xarth
14722 Followers
Apr 8, 2024: Two new chapters of Gaming vs Femboy are complete and on their way. **** https://xarthwritesthings.wordpress.com/ Check out my blog for thoughts on some of my stories, as well as occasional other ramblings. Mostly every new story gets an entry, and at one time...