All Comments on 'Mandy Makes a Man of Mark'

by RetroFan

Sort by:
  • 32 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

FUCKING AWESOME

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

More please!

tendernsweet2tendernsweet2over 7 years ago
Oh yeah .....

Oh yeah Heaven it is and what a way to go out.! lol

Very cute story that I really enjoyed on this early Monday morning set of readings.*

Looking forward to reading more from you in the future ( even with this story if you decide to stretch it out some ~~ you don't really want to leave the young ladies out in the cold do you.?? ) LOL { go ahead - - make my year.*^ }

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Funny

The mom's rants are hilarious.

WindySwimmingWindySwimmingover 7 years ago
Delightful!

Now the father needs to get laid, too, for putting up with such a sanctimonious judgmental overweight bitch of a wife. Lol! Do hope there's more to follow.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Jodie next please

Mark realizes that Jodie is probably gay and is the girlfriend of Tammy. Jodie isn't sure she is gay, Tammy wants Mark to take Jodie's virginity to confirm her orientation one way or the other. Mandy knows what is going on.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Very good story

Funny and insightful. The characters are a good representation of some in that time period.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

I would like the story to turn a bit and put the old hag in her place. A little envy from the father would also be good. He seems so henpecked and afraid to stand up to his wife. Not exactly a role model.

2bskimpy2bskimpyover 7 years ago
Well written erotically . .

Must say I don't read long drawing tail's. But yours had me going to read more .pls keep your writing style.

maxx308maxx308over 7 years ago
Very humorous

Great read thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Clever

Wish my journey through the early 60's was that adventuresome. Excellent imagination. More please.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
How true, how true!!

Grew up in the 50's and 60's and enjoyed a married woman for 10 years. She simply liked to have sex and since I grew up with her brother I was always at their house. She was quite a pretty woman and really like oral. God, did she ever. Brings back many memories!! Please continue.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Innocent but Sexy

I liked this. In a way it was so innocent but it was so sexy as well. The idea of an older woman is just so wonderful. Many years after my teen years, and after a marriage of

several years, I met an older woman who I came to love for a couple of years. You've brought her and our time together back again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
what happens next?

I would love a sequel to know where this couple goes from here.

RetroFanRetroFanover 7 years agoAuthor
Thanks for the Feedback

Thanks for all the positive comments on my latest story, I am so pleased you enjoyed it as I really enjoyed writing it. I am also amazed at how many views it has received in just 2 days on the site.

I am working on some more retro-themed stories at the moment, which I will post soon, and I hope you like these too.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Mrs Mathers !

I am now 68 , when I was 17 , I had my own meeting with Mrs Mathers ! And I continued seeing her until I was in my late 40`s .

WONDERFUL Days . Loved your story !

radmadradmadover 7 years ago
Needs a sequel

He forgets the condom, she's too filled with lust to stop, and they have a baby and get married

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Memories jogged

That was a good story, and Marks mother reminded me of a friends mother who was a real hypocrite. Thanks for taking the time to write, most enjoyable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Second the creampie

You've already hinted at it, and it's next step of them giving into lust. Please consider it along with a part two!

RuffRidingHoodRuffRidingHoodover 7 years ago
Great Read

I was riveted, very well written. I hope you make this a series.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Wow

You do such a great job of portraying an ignorant and annoying lady from the 60's. Well done.

auhunter04auhunter04almost 7 years ago

foolish narrow minded petty hateful woman. And they are her good qualities, makes you wonder how they had kids

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
More please!!

You really need another chapter. You can’t leave us like this. Please !

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
ahh- the sixties

remembering all of the times--exactly as you portrayed..

sad and hilarious at the same time...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Good story...

You really capture this era. How do you do that, BTW?

I agree that Jodie's gay though, given that this IS 1964, I can see why she'd keep it a secret (that era was horrible for gay people); if it were 1994, it wouldn't be as big a deal. I also agree that Mandy and Donna know or at least suspect...

I'm just wondering how Harry and Phyllis managed to stay together long enough to have three kids; of course, many couples staying together in spite of their differences was more common in the 1960s than today. I suspect Harry goes along to get along...

As for Phyllis, she judges without finding out the true story behind it; then again, she assumes the worst about EVERYTHING. Just wait until her hero Nixon gets busted for Watergate :). I wonder how she'd react to Obama's being in office, assuming she lived long enough to see it...

Hope there are more stories...

RetroFanRetroFanabout 6 years agoAuthor
Thanks for Recent Comments

Thanks for the recent positive comments about this story. I love writing fiction set in the past, so most of my works are set many years ago. To make the stories fit well to their era I pay specific attention to things from this time, such as music, movies, politics, the beliefs of characters, technology and the like.

For example, in a story I wrote set in the late 1980s I made specific mention that the wife was wearing a jacket with wide shoulder pads, while the husband works at the World Trade Center (obviously no longer there). In stories set in the early 1990s I have attired female characters in clothes such as acid washed denim jeans, baby doll dresses and stirrup pant leggings, clothes popular at the time but seldom seen now.

If you like stories set in the early 1960s I have a couple more; 'Penny & Michael's Forbidden Fun' which takes place in 1962 and is a good girl falls for bad boy story, and 'April Leads Julie Astray', a lesbian story set in 1963.

Unknown81Unknown81about 6 years ago
Just curious...

When in 1964 is this story taking place? I'm asking because, in August of 1964 (August 27, to be exact), Hurricane Cleo hit Miami, becoming the first hurricane to hit Miami since Hurricane King in 1950 (and, the next year, Betsy would affect the Miami area). There's a lot of potential for ideas there (BTW, the girls, if they were terrified by thunderstorms, must be TERRIFIED by hurricanes)...

I just had a thought, too: Mark, when he graduates from high school, will be eligible for the draft. I could see him volunteering, since his dad served in World War II; if he's lucky, he'll avoid the Vietnam War, which heated up starting in 1965...

BTW, I commented earlier as Anonymous...

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
CREATE A CONTINUATION

Amazing that story of yours and very well written too.

He is successful in being meticulous and precise in assembling this taboo romance between Mark and Mandy, aligning the historical facts of 1964 with the plot of his writing, in an unshakable harmonic equilibrium.

But I need to do this caveat, the only weakness in your story was that you didn't develop a continuation of your novel. Further enhance your wonderful history and further deepen in the themes of Mark's epoch, which I know is able to create a collection with various parts that were necessary.

Civil rights, miniskirt, sexual orientation, hypocrite religious opposition, Cold War, among other issues of the epoch that can certainly influence and much your novel. And I know it's more than capable of forming a skillful continuation of "Mandy Makes a Man of Mark ".

In conclusion I ask you please to form a continuation of "Mandy Makes a Man of Mark, for it is not only for me or for your ability in retro stories. It is by the thousands of readers that as I realize that their history is incomplete, that needs to be well built even more with historical themes: the parents of Mark, the daughters of Mandy, someone from the college and beyond

That can put in check the romance between Mark and Mandy.

I know you're capable of that continuation.

Thank you.

William Berkowitz.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
More, please

Continue the story, please. Get them together, if you’re of a mind to!

RockwellNRockwellNalmost 4 years ago
Good

Delightful story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good story......however, would have enjoyed a finish with someone (maybe her husband) telling her to shut up......or maybe just handing her divorce papers.

RichardbeardRichardbeardover 1 year ago

Should definitely continue on with this story. Absolutely love this!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous