Man's Best Friend Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
ariel58
ariel58
84 Followers

Alice laughed.

"Hey, slow down! I've only known him a week, so I have no idea whether it will be anything serious."

She knew that she wasn't being entirely honest, but she needed to dampen her daughter's expectations in the face of this surprising enthusiasm.

"He did say that he'd like to meet you, though."

"Oh, you told him about me? Did you tell him that ...?"

"Of course I did, and yes, he knows," Alice replied firmly.

"Hmmm, interesting. Not serious, you said?"

Busted again! Alice and Chloe dissolved into giggles like conspiratorial sisters sharing a delicious secret. Maybe, just maybe, things would turn out well for once.

* * * * * * * * * *

Back home, when Alice unfolded the wheelchair from the boot and lifted her daughter up to put her into it, Chloe wrapped her arms around her mother's neck and hugged her.

"Mum, I'm really happy for you."

Alice was welling up again.

"Thank you, Chloe. Let's just see how it goes, OK?"

She wheeled her daughter up the path to the front door, in spite of Chloe's customary grumbles that she could quite easily do it herself, and once inside, helped her into her favourite armchair. As expected, Chloe was full of questions, giving her the third degree about her "mystery man".

Alice explained how they had met, although she somehow omitted the part about getting naked with him in his pool and everything that followed, and was badgered into a full description of his background, marital status and physical attributes. She hesitated when she admitted how old Greg was, but Chloe was unfazed.

"It could be worse. At least he's not some toyboy who's barely older than me. Besides, that probably means he's good in bed."

"Chloe!"

"Well, isn't he?"

Alice was blushing like a schoolgirl now.

"There are some things which shouldn't be discussed, even with your annoyingly persistent daughter!"

"Ha! I'll take that as a yes, then. So, when are you seeing him again?"

"I don't know. He wants to see me next weekend, but Mum and Dad are away then."

"So? I'm quite capable of looking after myself, you know."

Alice was troubled.

"No, sweetheart, I'm not going to leave you alone."

"Mum, I'm nearly sixteen. I can wash and feed myself, and it's time that you let me have some independence."

In her heart, Alice knew that her daughter was right, and that her increasingly frustrated protestations were justified, but it was so hard to let go. She'd done absolutely everything for Chloe since she was a tiny baby. Her daughter was very independent and resourceful now, though, and Alice's arguments were beginning to sound feeble, even to herself.

"What about King? I need to walk him."

"Take him with you. Does Greg like dogs?"

Chloe had an answer for everything.

"Yes, and King seems to like him, but ... ," Alice admitted.

"No buts! You're going over to Greg's next weekend, it's settled."

When did she start getting bullied by her own daughter? Alice smiled ruefully, and knelt down to hug Chloe again. She thought about spending a whole weekend with her lover, and her heart began to beat faster.

ariel58
ariel58
84 Followers
12