All Comments on 'No More Room in the Basement'

by swingerjoe

Sort by:
  • 54 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Very Imaginative

Great story and very different. I couldn't help but get caught up in it.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggalmost 10 years ago
I vaguely liked the offbeat concept

the character was too crusty for me to follow past first page, skipped to last one for reenactment of a porn I never liked. Cute last line closed it out. Please don't take this as any authoritative judgement. I've enjoyed your past stories . This one just didn't click with me. 'Maybe if it had been Christy Canyon comes to Roanoke'? More partial to brunettes myself. It's so subjective. Good luck on next effort !

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
cuck s......

what a g..... 1*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
I liked

The names of some of the characters,especialy Harry(fromVA)and Fuprils(spell it backwards!) and even Iron Dragon got a mention.I thought the story was excellent.

BriteaseBriteasealmost 10 years ago
Really good

A story of morality of some sort! Always talk first and only shoot afterwards and only if you have to. Or something like that.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
excellent

story buildup. none was funny or sexy, rather sad.

as a story really bright,clever ,creative

the manipulative ending is bad and if you haven't proven already that you can think logical I would say you are not able to do that. so most likely you are just telling that same lie to so many people as a justification,apology,explanation

that now you believe it yourself. And if not, you have all my pity that you have never experianced it.

mentalmanmentalmanalmost 10 years ago
Clever and different

Really liked the concept... Creative and not the same old rehashed plot. Loved the way you brought in the names of the best gals in the Golden Era of Porn. Not super hot in a sexual way but a damn fine read!!

shaman43shaman43almost 10 years ago
Creative

Had t do some research for this one I did yo not? Really enjoyed how you weaved in the extreme measures it took for the protagonist to learn a lesson that could lead to a happier outcome. I like that you even attempted to address possible learning for the BTB crowd. I would like to add that the idea of such betrayal in monogamy came about from two competing factors. One was involved with the horseshit way beginning Christianity viewed sexuality. A lot of this can be put on the shoulders of Paul the old sinner that he was who went the other way with his conversion. "It is better to marry than to burn." The rest of this went on to say that it would be better to be asexual but if could not then marry. I always wondered how long Christianity would have lasted if all Christians did indeed follow that thought with action. The other influence was the troubadours in Europe who went around entertaining aristocracy. They wrote songs and sang at gatherings. These songs praised the kind of love that was never consummated but was always platonic. No sexual expression but all sorts of romantic actions. This, of course, made sure that the first few kids were legit and succession was OK. After the first 2 boys then other sex partners were OK with for women as it had always been for men. From the idea of romantic love came our ideas of marriage and fidelity. Since sex is such a strong drive finding that one's partner is with someone else makes for some fear that that partner for sex may not be available soon. Jealousy can be realistic because of potential loss. Most often not as we imagine risk that is not there. Thank you much for your entertaining and scholarly story. Has lots of merit as a story and learning epistle. Not withstanding the reaction of our usual sharers of this site who refuse to learn and become more complete personalities.

hindsight2020hindsight2020almost 10 years ago
Good story

The bad ratings are turned off. 5*

Reindeer58Reindeer58almost 10 years ago
Wow

A morality story on the level of Romantic1. Thanks for sharing your talent

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
The only problem

Is that every so-called scientific "fact" about sex and monogamy in this story is just flat erroneous. The bulk of the science points the other way.

People who want support for their beliefs can always find it--but the belief that sexual monogamy has no value is laughable.

Everybody is entitled to their own opinion. Nobody is entitled to their own facts. The so-called facts quoted in this story are, as Harry said, just "bullshit"?

If you want the characters to reconcile, that's fine with me. If you want Harry to forgive, that's just fine also. But the pseudo-scientific cherry-picking of self-serving research to justify your lifestyle and your desired conclusion is intellectually dishonest.

In your own way, you're just as bad as the doctrinaire BTB crowd. To them, any and all infidelity means the end of the relationship. Yo you, infidelity is no more serious than breathing. You're both ridiculous.

The fact is that infidelity is as corrosive as acid to a relationship. Can the relationship continue? Sure. Will it ever be the same? No.

What you posit is that without forgiveness, their is great lifelong pain. What you ignore is that with infidelity, with or without forgiveness, there is great lifelong pain.

Swingers, open marriage practitioners, serial adulterers, etc. rarely survive long. When they do, it's because they never gave a damn about their spouse anyway. Or it's because they're so pathetic, they think that's all they deserve.

As for the old man at the end of his life, that will be the person who never had a faithful spouse and wasted her/his life with a childish and selfish partner perhaps believing that's all they could get or deserved.

I've been married to a wonderful woman for over 35 years. We would both gladly allow ourselves to be strapped into a lie detector and be questioned about our fidelity. We would both pass.

I don't feel sorry for your loss. You made your bed.

However, if you think you're like the supercilious Brit in the story, you're not. You're like the old man and at the end of your life, you will wish you had opted for fidelity.

GROW UP before it's too late.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Dear Anon

"Swingers, open marriage practitioners, serial adulterers, etc. rarely survive long. When they do, it's because they never gave a damn about their spouse anyway. Or it's because they're so pathetic, they think that's all they deserve."

Nonsense. Where are your facts to support this assertion?

masterandmargaritamasterandmargaritaover 9 years ago
Masterpiece

..is the only way to describe this story. I'm so glad you pointed it out in your profile, I never would have noticed it otherwise. This was brilliant on so many levels, hot, nostalgic, and incredible tribute to the source material and flat out moving. Too bad about low rating, but the best work elicits the strongest reactions. My absolute favorite stories on Lit are not always highly rated and now this story is among them.

swingerjoeswingerjoeover 9 years agoAuthor
@ masterandmargarita

This is like finding out that Neal Peart thinks I'm a good drummer. Thank you! You really made my day.

calflashcalflashover 9 years ago
bullshit

the concept presented is bull and counterproductive to a loving relationship

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
It's just a story, damn it!

And a well told one at that. What do you expect to read in this genre on this site? We love each other, we're always faithful. While admirable, it would make rather boring reading, wouldn't it?

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
To bad....

We all could use a redo...bill

tazz317tazz317about 9 years ago
A PORN FLICK AND A P.G. SONG

talk about a gamut coupled with a Trip. TK U MLJ LV NV

xtremeddxtremeddabout 9 years ago
Brilliant writing and story

It's not what happens as much as how you react or respond... very deep character development to bring him to an "educated" response

First act: He reacted.

Second act: He responded

We? We got a great story and writing. Thanks for sharing your hard work on Lit.

x

ohioohioalmost 9 years ago
Wonderful and creative!

I can't believe that not one of the previous commenters made the connection to "Field of Dreams," which is so obvious in this story. It's extremely original and light-hearted, in a way, and I enjoyed it very much.

Thanks, ohio

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Great Story TY!

I don't usually favor reconcilliations, But this one is well reasoned and well written, good job! OldbearSwitch.

swingerjoeswingerjoeover 8 years agoAuthor
^This

And that, right there, is why I don't bother writing for this site anymore.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I liked it

It was well written, flowed well and had a good ending.

GeorgeAndersonGeorgeAndersonover 8 years ago
Well-written but inherently problematic.

I enjoyed the idea of combining the two movies (and yes, ohio, I did catch the 'Field of Dreams' allusions). As others have said, it's original and well written. But the reconciliation rests on two problematic assumptions.

"Sex is just a physical act," "it's just sex," etc. are simply excuses. Mere physical acts don't arouse the strong emotions that we all know are associated with sex, and are reflected in the stories and comments on this site. Even Mr. Professor admits non-monogamous sex creates jealousy strong enough that it must be dealt with 'productively;' how can that be if it's a mere physical act? Does he feel jealousy if his wife shares a meal with someone besides him, or only if she shares her bed?

The author lightly glosses over the crucial difference between pre-arranged sexual non-monogamy (to use Mr. Professor's terms) and outright cheating. But there's all the difference in the world. It's the difference between doing something you know in advance both partners are OK with, and doing something that you know your partner will find unacceptable and hoping s/he doesn't find out. The one can be loving; the other is always betrayal.

We're not given enough insight into Melinda's affair or her current feelings about it to guess what she will do. Harry is supposed to act as though infidelity (past or future?) doesn't matter, now that he's been through the Green Door. I suspect Harry is right when he says, "That door ... it doesn't really work for me." He needs truth to overcome the pain he feels, and I don't think he'll get it.

swingerjoeswingerjoeover 8 years agoAuthor
^This

And that, right there, is why I'm constantly tempted to write another story for this site. Thank you, GeorgeAnderson.

sugnasugnaover 8 years ago
Monogamy

Okay pal, it was an interesting sales pitch. You set us up with a loser with no kids and no resilience. Number one, most people can bounce back after a divorce, they do not wallow in self pity - they move on. Number two, got kids? I think not. If you did and you knew how much time, energy and money went into them - you would want them to be your flesh and blood unless that was otherwise impossible. So, having your wife fuck other guys is OUT. Now, you might argue that birth control could handle that and most disease. Maybe, but then decent birth control is a modern invention - it hasn't been around for ages. Even so, no birth control is 100% effective and that is not worth the risk given what is at stake. Without kids, her cheating only hurt him. If they had kids, they would have been cheated on too.

Now lets get down to the heart of the matter. Extramarital sex is only necessary for those that are not having sex due to some physical problem - although there are alternatives even then, or those that lack imagination, real love, and commitment to be monogamous for the sake of a deeper more complete relationship. Swingers are people that do not get that. Either due to laziness or lack of intelligence, they do not put in the effort to their marriage. In the end, what do they have? A history of fucking other people - big fucking deal.

ErotFanErotFanover 7 years ago
YIKES!

This story reads like a cross between Hugh Hefner's manifesto, ThePlayboy Philosophy and Rod Serling's The Twilight Zone. The social psychology exposition (claptrap IMHO) merely expounds how some societal groups DO behave. Philosophy, by which I mean classical philosophy, deals with how humans SHOLUD behave. The structuring of orderly society encompasses more than just getting laid. Really! … It actually does.

Now the story of Melinda and Harry, as expounded here, deals with neither of the above. It deals with one man and one woman in a relationship which started with some solemn promises professed by each and both. If there is a violation of those promises, then some remedy(ies) must be worked out and applied. They may range from complete dissolution of the promises to some sort of repair and reconciliation.

You cannot push this one off as just another story not to be taken seriously; you definitely expounded a philosophical position here.

Still the writing was worth all of 4 stars.

P.S. What do you know about carvoli and slirpuf that you used their non de plumes? Or is it just tha their stories don't jibe with swingerjoe's?

TwentysevenTwentysevenover 7 years ago
Outstanding

I'm slowly working my way through your Loving Wives stories. This is another outstanding contribution.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Sham argument.

All -gamy is man made, and the social development is typically a means to power, benefiting men only and generally only men with social power, as the natural cycle does not provide an excess of women to one man, as it is an evolutionary dead end to have one person of dubious genetic superiority producing more children by side benefit of being born to man made power.

Monogamy is more common in developed societies, because society's that rely sexually or socially subjugated women in polygamous relationships tend to be stunted. Ex. The freaking middle east.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Hi SwingerJoe, I rated it high with a 5 to offset the haters, I think you are on....

......To something good when you advocate for something other than classical monogamy on this site. I do feel you oversell a bit, but with all the screaming against you I guess that can be expected. Otherwise it is the bitchin'-est 4 ever!

The main way I felt your story did not align with the professor's arguments was that:

The old man did not already have an open relationship such as the professor advocated, this violated the notion that dalliance should always be cleared in advance to be justifiable. She violated her vows and disrespected his.

Also she seemed not to discuss her problems with him and his neglect of her before she engaged in non monogamy. For Non-M to be defensible, good and fair communication is essential AND due concern should be given to the potential reactions of the other spouse, even the possibility they may "over react"

Kudos on the portrayal of the bitter old man. It was sadly spot on to some I have known. If they were otherwise good people and were committed to their marriage at the time of their spouse's infidelity; such a cheated person's descent into emotional funk and a mental spite-most- lingering is the worst product of the cheating,

Should the down-and-dours cheer up and drop the martyrdom? Probably, but remember they did not initiate it,, the cheater did.

I do think ALL young people might be advised to rethink starting a traditional marriage with out examining other options first.

Thanks for banging away in the toughest weight class, and for throwing out stuff that fights the BTB current in a WELL- reasoned way, OldBearSwitch

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
&√ shaman43

You assert that anyone not agreeing with the swinger lifestyle is an idiot and an incomplete person

You state that this story is a scholarlt endeavor

Actually it is a poorly written contrivance to give credibilty to a lifestyle that is rife with pitfalls that might or might not be avoided.

Swingerjoe and yourself basically demand that everyone should concede the wisdom of the open marriage or swinging lifestyle and anyone who does not agree with your position is an uneducated ill-informed moron and should be shouted down or even eradicated. Much like the muslim faith.

You think being married and screwing around is not only acceptable but should be encouraged-HAVE AT IT

BUT TO ENGAGE IN SCURRILOUS ATTACKS ON THOSE WHO DO NOT AGREE WITH YOU IS INDEFENSIBLE

Oh and joe NO ONE NOTICED YOU STOPPED SUBMITTING MATERIAL TO THIS SITE

IT IS NOT LIKE YOU WERE DQS OR JIDOKA OR SLIRPUF OR CARVOVI OR BLACKRANDL1958

Adam RightmannAdam Rightmannabout 7 years ago
What a wild ride

I don't often read that sort of fantasy in Loving Wives, kind of nice to read something that has supernatural elements.

sugnasugnaabout 7 years ago
Interesting

The only trouble is that happily married people do not cheat on each other. Cheating comes about when a person stops caring about the marriage and the partner and even the kids. It is an act of pure selfishness, it is never and "accident" or a "mistake". Sometimes cheating, selfish as it may be is simply a sign that the marriage is dead and over. It is not nice but it is a bit like euthanasia for a marriage. It ends it quickly. Most of the cheated know deep down that the marriage was dead. They may not admit it, they may instead play the sympathy card. They may hide in victim hood (it is very popular nowadays to blame all your problems on others) Whatever the case may be, cheating is a certain sign hat the relationship has run its course and is done. How people react to that is more about them than the cheating.

luedonluedonabout 7 years ago
True, Sugna, true to a point

As you say, "happily married people do not cheat on each other"

But by definition, "cheat" indicates things like betrayal of trust, something the other partner would be expected to strongly disapprove of.

The point at which some may differ is what action or thought actually constitutes cheating and betrays that trust. Many of the stories in the LW section assume that at the point where a penis other than the husband's enters a wife's vagina, cheating has occurred.

But could 'cheating' have occurred without that act? Could that act occur without it being 'cheating'?

Life is complex, Sugna. It's not black and white. I think 'cheating' is a mental act, not a physical one.

Lue

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Aw fuck

This garbage just made me throw up. Now i have to clean all this swinger joe, i mean, puke, off my floor. I would use your sorry ass for a rag, but puke does not clean up puke very well.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
"Monogamy is not natural; it is man-made."

Medicine, whiskey, and cooked food aren't "natural" either. Being man-made doesn't make something bad or wrong.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
A Story With a Wild Twist 5*

First, to the 2 June 2017 Anons, if you're that upset about the story, why bother reading it, let alone rating it. Furthermore, to the Anon with a puke habit, I challenge you to write a story that can get 4-5 star ratings.

To SwingerJoe, You have written a story that had so many twists and turns, that the ending was totally not expected. Well done, character development also well done.

I have met men like this one in my life's travels, men who think like 'Harry'. I served in 'Nam and had no problem being with the prostitutes. I left no progeny, I came home disease free, and I had no jealous expectations from my wife when I saw her next.

The 'Harry' in this story is a good example of men with all too serious expectations and very little gray area between right and wrong.

enderlocke77enderlocke77almost 6 years ago
lol :)

that was a fun read, even if it felt like u was trying to convert ppl to the swinger or cuckold or open marriage life style. the speaker guy cracked me up lol those countries he mentioned might be that way but only for men if a woman was like that in the middle east she would most likely be dead

enderlocke77enderlocke77almost 6 years ago
o crap almost forgot

fucking thank you good god i been racking my brain for the title of that porn off and on for like a year now lol ty for that im going to go watch it now and wack off, really no sarcasm ty

bworth1943bworth1943over 5 years ago
correct

you can enjoy all of life when you realize love and sex are two different things. when in a loving relationship you can share and be shared and still come back to each other. no fear ,no jealousy, no insecurity.

any one that says different is blind.

jimjam69jimjam69over 4 years ago
Actually turns out a good story

A long and sometimes torturous route finally got us there. That point in the story (and sometimes life) that that a spouse decides what to do about an act committed by the other. All to often it is the nuclear response which then creates more trauma. Anyway, good point made.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 4 years ago
to me it was another what to justify cheating

if why go by your reasoning, then you shouldn't get married. Or better yet, she should have six husband and he should have six wives. The question is then,. how would you know they are your kids? Ok, at best marriage a crap shoot with just the two of you. You add more and it becomes an unwinnable game.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Huedogg2 times many. Figures don't lie but liars figure. Same with all data.

Personally don't know any couples engaged in that type of lifestyle that are still married in old age.

I am sure there are some but I bet very few

inbigjimflinbigjimflalmost 3 years ago

It was different i like it

theMasterBaitertheMasterBaiteralmost 3 years ago

Great story. Well done and all true. The low rating is a clear sign that there are a LOT if very insecure men in the world.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I usually swerve anything remotely supernatural but I stuck with this because I felt I could see what the author was trying to do and I'm glad I did. This was the essence of LW. 4 stars

VeracityHeterodyneVeracityHeterodyneover 1 year ago

Thank you for something out of the ordinary. 5 stars!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It's never a mistake when a woman cheats, it's always a deliberate act cause there are feelings involved.

This i just another disgusting attempt to make i okay to cheat

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well its a story that's spouting allot of shit.

"Sex is merely a physical act" there isn't a woman i this earth that is having sex without an emotional bond. Cheaters are selfish and vile.

chefjess2039chefjess203911 months ago

This is a cheap Field of dreams. Rip off with the twist of trying to justify that it's okay to cheat now. Cheating is when one spouse has sex behind the back of the other spouse. If you're both okay with it, that's called an open relationship and that's fine. If you want to live in a cuckold relationship and you go into it and that means and said partner has sex while the other doesn't. That's fine. But when you join into a monogamous relationship and then the other one goes behind the back and has sex. That's cheating and that's not fine. Just be honest, when you get in a relationship what you're looking to get out of it both physically and sexually and if you're compatible great continue on. If not end, it don't hurt the other party

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Oh, brother. It's Cuckoldry 101. Thanks for the lesson. I think I'll pass.

EastCoaster1EastCoaster14 months ago

I liked (5 *****) this homage to a movie, a particular actress, some mildly disguised other authors on LW, and a tale that ultimately led to an RAAC.

While I'm not into 'non-monogomy' the story was well-written and entertaining... the reason I read stories here is to be entertained, hopefully in well-written stories of erotica.

Not every story on Lit is of interest, not every kink or fetish excites me, and not every outcome is one in which I'm personally interested in experiencing... but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy reading about them.

Again... it's a STORY... not a news report. I can enjoy the fiction described without having ever participated in the actions described.

And I did on this one

Nicely done !

demanderdemander4 months ago

This one held my interest. D

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

What a delightful way to tell a story.

shr

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userswingerjoe@swingerjoe
Update, 4/23/19 Every once in a while, I forget why I don't write here as often anymore. Then I submit a story and remember, "Oh, yeah! That's why!" This site, and especially the Loving Wives category, used to be a great deal of fun. But then some spammer began leaving anonym...