All Comments on 'Marriage and Infidelity'

by Youami

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

I have had a similar experience, and am trapped in a marriage because we have a handicapped daughter and I can not afford to support an exwife and my handicapped adult daughter. My wife is mentally abusive to our daughters and me. She thinks "we" need counseling while my psychologist daughter thinks mom needs counseling. She also views herself as perfect. Anything I have ever tried discuss becomes a discussion of why I am the problem. Any personal problem I have had becomes the source of ridicule for years. We do not talk. I am a very successful executive in a major corporation, now retired. Thank God for golf and fishing. I want nothing more than a loving companion and best friend. Married for better or worse. I got the worst.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Why women marry

My wife married me because she feared she would end up an old made, She was not inlove with me but she loved being married.to me or should I say she loved being a married woman. It's a bitch being married to a woman who only wants the status of being a married woman and doesn't want your sexual advances. I feel your pain.

Cuckoldguy

swingerjoeswingerjoeabout 6 years ago
*****

After reading your most recent essay, I figured I’d tackle another. I’m glad I did. There is so much emotion, torment, frustration, and anger here that it pours off the page. It’s so raw and unfiltered, it’s difficult to read at times. Evoking such emotion is the mark of an excellent writer. I would love to see you tackle the fictional genre at some point.

As to the content of what you’ve written, I have little to add. All I can say is: “There but for the grace of God go I.” I could have easily walked your path, but I lucked out and happened to make the best decision of my life at an age when good decisions were few and far between.

I’m reminded of a conversation I once had with a friend of mine, who was recently divorced. He said he and his wife just drifted apart and became two different people. It struck me that I was not the same person I was when I got married. Hell, I’m not the same man I was ten, or even five, years ago. People naturally change over time. It’s human nature.

But while you change, so does your spouse. If you happen to change together, in the same direction, then few problems arise. If your personal change brings you further apart, then you suddenly find yourself married to someone you no longer recognize, and who is no longer attractive or compatible.

In previous generations, the solution was simple: deal with it. Marriage is a lifelong commitment. You stick with your commitments no matter what. Today, divorce is widely accepted, and is no longer a social stigma. Hell, people now have parties to celebrate their divorces!

I am very sorry for your loss, and hope that the 25 years you spent together held some joyful memories that you can hold forever.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
You Aren't Alone In This Experience

What you wrote about your relationship could have been written about me and mine. Much of your experience is also shared by a great many men of my familiarity. So why do men stay? It is usually the "Devil You Know" rationale along with the fear of being destroyed financially. The only benefit I can see to such an arrangement is that you can't get yourself caught up with a different harpy.

Carick114Carick114over 4 years ago
A very incisive comment

I found your comments and observations on modern marriages / partnerships very pertinent, incisive and accurate

NexttimeroundNexttimeroundover 4 years ago
I can

relate to these comments -- I offer condolences however to the author for going through his wife dying of cancer; whatever the relationship, that is awful.

I can relate to living in a sexless marriage. I can also relate to having a wife having cancer, because mine has had it too. The result of that of course is that it becomes even more sexless.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

The thing about Literotica one must keep in mind is it's primarily just another porn site. The overriding message from this site is going to be aligned with the rest of the vapid porn industry where sexual satisfaction, regardless of it's poison, is necessary for one to have a fulfilling life while ignoring the obvious fact of the path of destruction that mindset can create.

Sex is certainly central to our existence. Nature provides us with the overpowering drive to procreate. Our human intelligence has allowed us to treat it as a toy. Like all things 21st century it has been perverted into something that is potentially as ludicrous as giving a toddler a loaded gun to play with.

Dylan1Dylan1about 2 years ago

I have just read through this and found it quite profound. You have touched on a lot of stuff I had never even thought of. I love the psychology of sex and how it affects the different sexes in different ways. I like the way you really look deep into it, this passage in particular affected me........"I remember going to sleep sobbing many a night after I had been rejected for the umpteenth time by wife. Masturbation was the only release available to me - the problem was that each time I jerked off, the act itself reminded me of my isolation from my wife and generated a great deal of anger and frustration."

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous