All Comments on 'Marriage Under Attack'

by Winterfrog

Sort by:
  • 76 Comments
Kanga40Kanga40over 17 years ago
Classic winterfrog

what more is there to say?

Enjoyable, if predictable.

thebulletthebulletover 17 years ago
Agree with Kanga: superior story, std Winterfrog

One of the best things about this story is that it is new. 99% of the Loving Wives stories are just variations on a theme. But this story looks at the genre from a new persepective.

The freshness of the approach is enough to score points with me. Add to that Winterfrog's rather unique story-telling style and you get something worth reading at 4 o'clock in the morning when most normal (read sane) people are safely asleep.

One semi-objection: if the villain in this story is so repugnent that the husband was able to enlist the aide of practically everyone in town, why couldn't his wife see through him?

Oh, well. If she had, there wouldn't have been much of a story, would there?

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
man too damn smart; woman too naivly stupid

oh, my god, how did you know all that?

sorry, i promised to sleep with him, only because he and I made a bet.

huh?

but, wait, honey, you gotta hear the rest: i love you so much! but i must keep my promise and fuck him in a one time deal, for losing the bet; but i swear, it was going to be just a one-fuck affair.

well, you see how stupid you really are? he's gonna set you up,,,,, damn smart husband went on to blah, blah, blah, about how he found out,,,,

now, you choose me and the kids and we take a good week long vacation, or you go with your lover, okay?

okay, I choose you and my kids!

okay, then let's go on our vacation. you must be smarter the next time around, okay?

okay, honey. i love you so much; thanks for saving me from that evil man!

you're very welcome, Elisabeth!

huh? LOL

Alvaron53Alvaron53over 17 years ago
Rather hole-y plot I think

Average writing (which is actually good since English isn't the author's native tongue) but a mediocre plot that sports several large holes. The development of the characters is thin and that leaves room for some unwanted and unwelcome surprises in the way they act within the story. Narrative drive is poor and, as a reader, I felt no urge to rush on ahead to find out what's coming next.

The plot holes bothered me considerably. The main character decides that the villain is a psychopath (based on the word of a "friend"?) but there is no clinical evidence to support that belief. Rather than enlist a qualified professional to determine if Peterson is in fact a psychopath (e.g., to administer the PCL-R test developed by Dr. Robert Hare, something Peterson's employer could require), our hero just assumes it is so and proceeds accordingly. This is called vigilante justice. It didn't work in the American Old West and it doesn't work here.

Here's the second plot hole: if the protagonist's assumption is correct and Mr. Peterson is indeed a psychopath, then why would you not alert his employers to this fact? He might be a danger to Lisa's fortune, even their marriage, but he's an even greater threat to the company where the sums of money involved are much larger. Surely, our hero cares about the company where his wife works and supposedly he knows the boss as at least a nodding acquaintance.

These two things tell me that the main character is a man who is not a careful man who considers his actions. He reacts to situations instead of acting with deliberation. As a psychopath, Peterson literally does not know right from wrong--you might as well try to explain the difference between red and green to a man who's colorblind. The protagonist of the story does know the difference yet chooses to act in ways that border on the criminal. It paints our "hero" in ways that are neither pleasing nor desirable.

Lisa's character acts strangely as well. She's presented as someone who's intelligent and successful yet is unwilling to see the forest for the trees. Her behavior isn't fantastic, merely difficult to understand and it required me to suspend disbelief to accept her character as presented.

Peterson's character is a only foil and, IMO, the author missed a wonderful opportunity to explore the world of the nonviolent psychopath. For whatever reason, the author chooses to make the villain seem an incompetent dweeb yet we're told that Allan is a "cunning psychopath". This is literary doublespeak and it's not wanted nor appreciated. Perhaps we're supposed to think that the protagonist's macho-man actions are responsible for this?

The author devotes some effort to tell us about the couple's children but then never says another word about them. What, did their children have no stake in their parents' happiness or in their life at home in a troubled marriage? Once introduced into the story, I expected the kids to have some role to play but they didn't. They were nothing more than background scenery and that's poor authorship.

I won't bother with the silly business of the "sex vs Volvo stock" bet. That was asinine and better left out of the story altogether. It simply makes the wife look stupid and foolish which is at odds with what the author told us about her earlier.

The conclusion was predictable and trite with neither the husband or his wife seeming to have learned much of anything from their experience. I expected to hear "Happy Trails to You" playing in the background.

Enough. A fifty is too generous given the plot holes and misused plot devices so this 25's for you. Excellent fiction this is not.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
BRAVO # 40

Excellent story! Winterfrog has achieved the pinnacle of success in this genre.This story is so loaded with interesting sub-plots and characters that it could be expanded into several interesting short stories.Analysis of this story points out several of the key components in the Winterfrog formula for success that should give pause to others in this genre.Winterfrog's stories are real and reflect problems that many of his audience face in their daily lives.His main characters are like us in that they are not wealthy corporate executives or men of power.Nor are his main charaters ex- Navy Seals or martial artists that can humble the most awesome adversary.His main characters are hard working family men who do all in their power to keep their families together.Very often for their efforts all they receive is condescension and disrespect from their wives as payment.With so many women in the work force this is a very realistic observation on Winterforg's part.Another key element in the Winterfrog formula is the lack of equivocation in dealing with problems.Winterfrog's main characters do not go in for a lot of psycho-babble,self-recrimination, or soul searching.Greg tells Lisa exactly how he feels and what she must do to stay with him.Therin lies the difference often lesser authors attempt to make their antagonist,in this case Lisa, into confused little girls who can not tell right from wrong.Winterfrog does not buy into this simplistic approach.Lisa knows what she is doing.Lisa makes a willful decision to be a slut.Lisa relents only after Greg makes her aware of the dire consequences that await her transgressions.This is true to life! Women who cheat do so because they want to cheat.In a sense, by dealing with his characters in a realistic manner Winterfog gives them a dignity lacking in the work of others!

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 17 years ago
Poster BRAVO#40 is a fucking idiot

he thinks this ai a great story? this story sucks moose shit on toasts. its awful.... this story is moronic and Not the the paper it is printed on

Greg exspoes Allan at the party... the wife defends allan. He begins to pack and leave so she backs down.

THEN after all that....she makes a bet that IF she loses she " has to fuck him"... but it doesnt mean anything ... which given Greg's earlier reaction (where he threateed to walk out of the marriage) is Not at all believeable.

she still cannot see what is wrong with this bet/ fucking Allan ... and this after the first Big marriage scare...

so then Greg takes her back?

In god 's name why ? what does she have to offer? How many more chances does she get?

In chapter 2 --if there was to be onene-- does he comes home 1 day to find her riding allans cock in the reverse cowgirl postions while she claims "its not what you think I still love you? ..."

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
kanga you're my hero,but the dumb women

in winterfrog stories women suck or how can a man stay married to women so dumb.the man always begs the woman stop to do this or that over and over.its'the same story just warm over.really a wimp writer,just a little stronger than so wimps.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Pretty Fair

But Lisa is just a stupid bimbo and I don't believe a guy this smart would stay married to such a dumbass. He would find a better mate with a little sense and kick Lisa's ass to the curb. You could never trust her, she's just too simple minded. It's like being married to a child.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
The best way to ensure that your kids

become delinquents is to send them to public school. The best way to have your marriage ruined is for the wife to have a job with males in the workforce. Many males can't get a woman except the dumbass fellow employees that for some weird reason seem to have some control over a married woman at work.

Winterfrog understands this and writes about it. Cheer for Winterfrog.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Classic WInterfrog but...

I wonder if enough is enough. Lisa's family had checked out Greg and they signed a pre-nup but Peterson gets a free pass from her?

Lisa's behavior from the picnic on was terrible and disrepectful. I know that your stories have the husband intervene to stop the wife from actually fucking her lover-to-be but I do not understand why Greg would want to stay with her. She lets her lover-to-be insult her husband and then gets angry with her husband. Then she sneaks around to meet with Peterson to settle "her debt" on his birthday. She really had no problem with doing Peterson and keeping Greg in the dark. It was okay as long as Greg did not know.

No marriage can survive if one spouse can not trust the other. So we have them live happy ever after as long as Greg maintains his spy network on her. What a terrible way to live!

I enjoy your writing style but it seems no matter how stupid or irresponsible the cheater-to-be is, there is no real remorse or accountability. After all, if Greg was going to leave the home when she tries to pressure him to compromise with Peterson, why would he not be gone after he finds out about her text messages with Peterson (which made her as guilty as Peterson)?

BOTTOM LINE

Lisa is as guilty as Peterson and her "competition" excuse was not a credible reason for her actions.

SleeplessinMD

zed0zed0over 17 years ago
Run Away!

I didn't realize they had wimps in Scandanavia too! Gregs only safe till the next one comes along, and next time he may not get the inide track. He better start making plans to get his ass clear from that dumb slut, before it gets burned, in "Marriage Under Attack AGAIN/PartII."

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Very Good

Another good story by Winterfrog. The wife acted true to form: a spoiled rich girl. Hopefully, the husband won't have problems in the future.

Boyd

dsidedsideover 17 years ago
Predictble

I really enjoyed the first stories that you submitted but for some reason you decided to switch to Wimp/Slut stories.

NOT GOOD!

duddle146duddle146over 17 years ago
Complicated Story!

In spite of deceptive business practices a couple muddles their way through to a happy ending. Enjoyable Read. Neatly wrapped up plot!

Risq_001Risq_001over 17 years ago
Uhhmm, Winterfrog..............

Normally I love your stories, with a few exceptions, but I fear this is one of those "exception" times.

SleeplessMD and Harry have a few points I have to totally agree with. And I think they both covered the points well enough that I don't need to go back over most of them. But I do agree with a lot of them.

Intent is just as much of a problem as actions are. In this story, the wife's intent was to sleep with another man regardless of what it did to her husband or family. She did everything she could to make it happen. Sure the other guy was seducing her, but she has to be willing to let seduction happen. In this case she was willing. The husband was forced to watch her from the sidelines during this, but to me a few "witty" comments to the guy who was trying to sleep with his wife doesn't counter balance out the fact she was lying to her husband, sneaking around on him, having romatic lunches with this guy, and making a date to find a way to try and sleep with another man. Not remotely.

I usually like your stories, but this one felt wrong. The wife had him sign a prenup, she was making out with another man, she was standing by while another man embarassed and humliated her husband, and through it all the husband felt this was something worth saving? The wife by the end of the story did nothing to show she felt she was wrong, other than admitting she was setting up everything so that she could sleep with this guy. For a few month to almost a year of story time she was carrying on with this guy like her husband and family didn't exist, she gets caught at the end trying to find a way to sneak off with this guy to have sex with him, and all she does to make it better is say "ooopppss I was wrong to carry on with him", then the husband and her "jump" in to bed, and WHAM everyone lived happy ever after?!?!

Your talented, but I just didn't feel this one was a story I could love. The wife at the beginning mentioned how much she hated that her previous boyfriend cheated on her, and during the story she was carrying the exact same way with apparently only having remorse and stopping what she was doing when faced with the choice of divorce or stopping. Not because it was the right thing to do.

-Risq

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Great Story Winterfog

Peterson should have been railroaded out of town instead of fired then Greg should have slandered alans name all over the internet Winterfog i hope to read more of Greg and

Lisa more chapters please.

Pat Murray

Atlanta,Ga.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
You can do and have done better

Winterfrog:

What woman in her right mind and with a shred of decency is going to use consensual sex as part of a wager with any man other than her husband? The text messages hardly made it appear that she was dreading having to fulfill the conditions of losing the bet. And what's with 'Allan's' declaring his love for her in his messages? If her actions were truly on the level, I would think that such familiarity would have put her off. I didn't buy your premise.

Also, what if, in having the trip wire put in place, 'Allan's' wife was the first to happen out the door? Or if 'Allan' in falling down the stairs had broken his neck? While this guy appeared on his best days to be sleaze bag, I didn't read anywhere in your story in which he held a gun to 'Lisa's' head to force her into making such a wager. I would think that she was equally deserving of such punitive punishment. By the way, were the trip wire and the drunk in the bar put into the story to please the "attaboy" crowd? They were variations of the usual inane, uninspired and unimaginative responses so often given to wronged husbands by much lesser writers than you.

While the tenor of most of the comments posted to this story seem negative, please don't be discouraged. Underlying all of them is a respect for your efforts. I and many others look forward to future submissions from you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
too complex a plot

Unless you upgrade your writing skills, I would suggest that you keep your plots simple. This story was too complex and betrayed your lack of understanding of English. I know that English is not your first language and I do applaud your efforts; but that is not to say that I will pass on a story that is poorly written. It would do you a disservice if I ‘pretended’ that this story made sense.

The last dozen paragraphs were incomprehensible. I did not understand what ‘contest’ you were referring to that Lisa had engaged in with Peterson. What were you trying to say about Volvo stocks? I also could not understand her father’s role in uncovering Peterson’s scheme and why her father hired Greg at the end.

Your stories have promise but you need a GOOD editor, someone who will teach you the proper use of articles and prepositions, someone who will revise your sentences when they are mere fragments.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
A Talented Good Man And Some Comments

First off, Angel Love and the Author have a daunting task. He is trying to write a complex scenario in a foreign language and she is trying to maintain his homegrown folksy approach to life and writing that endears him to us.

A comparative might be to have DG Hear write in Swedish for each have an appreciated down to earth basic direct open approach to life and problem solving.

All this in the highly emotional theme of marital consequence wherein the comments are often pitched with either him taking on too much linguistically or the challenge of too deep a plot in an irrational manner while Angel Love is criticised for not sanitizing his style to be medically and critic acceptable.

Daunting at minimum for the middle ground which could produce a tale so blended and compromised that it might not be worth his or her time according to some readers.

This well intended man has incorporated our requested change to include an editor, plus he has written both sides of story conclusions (conciliation or divorce).

I for one appreciate his efforts in this dicey difficulty and hope he separates the idiots from the well meaning readers to see reason enough to continue to grow in his quest to conquer language and attitude in his effort to entertain us.

I for 2 understand what he says without difficulty and appreciate his directness and style. I might not always see eye to eye with his abrupt acceptance of spousal failure to respect him but he has the right to reconciliation as he sees fit. Closing a story is much more difficult than beginning one.

Author - you are appreciated for your talent and guts as well as your imagination. I hope you want to continue to grow as you are looked forward to.

With Very High Regard

Nightowl22Nightowl22over 17 years ago
Very Good Story!

The story is very good. I felt a coupla times I had to fill in information but no biggie. The one argueing about "clinical psycopath" is in a ridiculous argument. If I said he is a clinical psycopath you wouldn't expect a doctors report. You'd take it as an opinion--good or bad. One who focuses almost exclusively on one aspect does have a mania of some sort, IMHO, just as Allen focused on seducing married women. I don't even know if psycopath would apply--it sounds a little harsh. But you do get the idea from the story that Allen is very intent on seducing married women and that's the point.

The contract between them is cloudy but do you need to know the details? She apparently bet him 10-1 that she would beat him in the competition (which wasn't explained but is it a 'need to know'??) 10-1? That would be a confidence not shared by many in ANY wager. But in a heavily flirtatious relationship it could well occur.

The abrupt 'reconciliation' is over her intent and changing her intent was enough for Greg. He opened her eyes and got her mind back on track.

For those who feel there will be a partII; anyone who has a wife in todays workforce is a candidate for that.

I thoroughly enjoyed the story. A marriage saved is always good!

For the author, continue writing and maybe fill in more details for those that can't quite grasp the meaning without every I dotted.

MatAbrahamMatAbrahamover 17 years ago
Gaps in story

I am extremely fond of the author's early works :

e.g. Cheating At A Political Meeting

* Divorce Bank

* Faith, Hope, Charity and Cheating

* Forgotten Wows

* Her Secret Conference

* Mission Impossible

* Naughty Women Prefer Good Men

* The Divorce Bank

* The New Road

* To Be Or Not To Be Faithful

* Volvo Shows A Clue

and * Wife’s Promotion

This story had some blanks, which I found unusual after reading the ones that I have mentioned above !!

Where does the lawyer friend dissapear to ?

When does the interaction with the boss take place? Through the father-in-law?

What competition? Sex on demand?

This requires a re-write. I expect, no I demand much more from Winterfrog. I can not help it !!

Average-JoeAverage-Joeover 17 years ago
I thought it was easy to understand as well

I dont know why some seem to have such a problem with it. What you wrote made perfect sense to me.

My only problem is that things went back to normal fairly quickly given how far gone the relationship was. Its not as if the husband got the wife to come to her senses either. He basically had to tie her up and sit on her to prevent her from running off for a nice romantic encounter with the girly boy from work. I would think that the husband has got to wonder what this encounter says about his wife and/or his marriage but he just carries on like it never happened. The physical act is the least important thing in this story and its the only thing the husband prevented so I dont understadn why hes patting himself on the back wrt saving his marriage and saving his wife from herself.

I did like that they stayed together and that the user got discovered but the way you went about it was a little rushed imo. There was no real thoughts from either about why it happened and how easy she was. Husband should have cared, at least a little, that his wife is so willing to do whatever it takes to be with the other guy. Wife should have been a bit sorry for how she was acting, what she almost lost, and how much her actions hurt the guy she claimed to love, etc. Without either of them caring, the story (marriage) gets reduced to just sex. As long as neither has sex with anyone else then everything is jsut perfect and they have a model marriage? Seems like a pretty crappy basis for a lifelong partnership imo 'you dont let anyone else fuck you and I wont fuck anyone else and the rest is just details'.

Thanks for writing though. Still a good story even if you rushed the conclusion a little.

Angel LoveAngel Loveover 17 years ago
Bravo!

I am very proud of Winter's efforts at commanding the English language. I am almost as proud of having a wee bit of an influence in the finished story. We are not perfect, but we make a pretty good team . . . smiles.

I will NEVER take Winter's personality out of his stories either! I have said it before and I will say it again. We are most lucky to just command our own language let alone a foreign one. Perhaps reading and enjoying the story as opposed to making it an English class will make the experience more fulfilling for some. Tolerance is the key to life.

Keep up the excellent writing and I'll stand by you all the way Winter my friend!

angel

asiaprofasiaprofover 17 years ago
Good potential...

but not fully realised

due to too rapid a pace

over too large a canvas.

want to try a rewrite?

ralphcralphcover 17 years ago
great writer

dear frog, i love all your stories and my pulse always rises as the hero ,you(to me),strives to premptively intercept and deflect the evil intents of satans henchman.i've been there(too bad allan didn't break his neck).men are physically and mentally designed to have dominance over women and it is genetically ordained that women's natural tendancy is to submit in order to survive(personally and us as a species as it is for smaller, weaker males to do the same. laws only somewhat even the field as do colt 45's(who knowingly breaks in on a little old lady owning a gun and dog). i preferred your earlier less perfect english which seemed more realistic ,to me-more authentic,believable. we need more.thanks,rc

RicticRicticover 17 years ago
Great Story

Great story as usual. Winterfrog, you are one of the best writers on this site.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
its' safe to say that europian men are wimps

make be the marriage vows are different over there.wives fuck and hubby think about what went wrong.or it just they've become weak men.i watch how the iranian make the british sailor act like sissyboy and i see why the men act like women.

shangoshangoover 16 years ago
You didn't answer the main question

Why would he want to stay with her? For the kids? It may be different in Scandinavia, but in the US, studies have shown that couples who stay together just for the child's sake is a bad idea. Be cause he loves her? I love my rottweiler, but if it bit a loved one or me, a Vetrinarian would be giving her the "put down" injection before you could say boo. The wife had already "divorced" him. The rest would have been merely the administrative end of it. The male leads in your stories have really become weak, Winterfrog.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
writer story sounds like a damn fool

this bitch is willing to fuck another man for his birthday.forgetting her family.dumbest shit i read.make husband look like a fool.

hrnicholhrnicholalmost 15 years ago
This one is already lost!

I'm sorry, but any wife who is willing to compromise her marriage to the point where she will promise a man who is not her husband that she will fuck him for his birthday is not worth keeping. I don't usually run with the "burn the bitch" crowd, but this one was way over the top. She doesn't deserve anything beyond the next available street corner, she has already proven herself a whore.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Good to best

I never thought id read something like this...

Its not perfect but normal people like me love it

those who gave negative comments are obviously STUPID

americans dont like your story well let them coz nobody likes them in the first place.

I pity those good americans getting caught in between

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Liked it

The wife was cheating but the husband prevented it from reaching his divorce threshold.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
only a matter of time

until he is feasting on creampies again, wonder who is the father of the kids? A silly, lying, sneaking, cheating bitch has been prey for other psychopaths and will be soiled again and again and again

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Lisa needed some punishment ...

... like a good hard spanking for every date she had with Peterson. A good read though.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Frog, guess what----

The shit have hit the fan !!!!!

RonRWoodRonRWoodalmost 13 years ago
Stopped it again

A lot of us like your stories Winterfrog. Some of the critics can pick it apart as writers for various reasons. Some can slam it because you allow the Cheating wife to continue trying to cheat without dumping her imediately. Like another commenter said, cheaters cheat because they want to.

Winterfrog's cheating women cheat and ignore all warnings to the extreme. They do not want to hear the bad things or know anything about their expert seducer because they go into denial concerning their seducer. They appear to go from smart to stupid because they don't want to stop cheating or fail to achieve their goal to have a romantic fling or bonus sex. They get mad at their husband because your hero's are strong enough to prevent the actual sexual cheating or catch them when they persist. Even after having been warned about a divorce.

The marriage is saved sometimes, or even reconciled because they want to continue as a family. Your genre is...that sooner or later on in a marriage all women will either cheat or try to cheat. Your strong husbands will always try to prevent the cheating or stop it if they can do so either in time or before it is too bad to reconcile. If it is too bad they cheat themselves because they have given up on the marriage and find someone better immediately.

In most other stories, its takes a painful mourning period before the husband can move on, even if he can. He has to overcome the loss of self-respect, the loss of pride, the self-pity and anger he incurred because the women he trusted and loved betrayed him. Your hero's don't take that as seriously and rebound quickly by finding a prettier and better lover immediately. You "Dare to win" after you file your 6 month divorce papers! That is so different from the other stories on Lit that it doesn't seem possible to most readers.

I accept that to you it is! I have personally experienced that most people have already lined up someone else when they expect to divorce. That the one left immediately seeks someone else to soothe their damaged feeling with. So continue these type of stories because a lot of us like them! And too, we all get to comment on them when we want... No wonder Cheating wives gets the most comments! We can even argue with each other about our comments.

DWornockDWornockalmost 13 years ago
At least he took action to prevent her from cheating.

In most stories, the husband is there watching and refused to take any action or even speaking her name which would be enough to prevent her from cheating. Then when she has sex, he goes off the deep end and divorces even though, by taking no action, he was giving consent.

I know his justification for doing nothing is "I want to see how far she will go." Nevertheless, if his wife has not already cheated, by not even being willing to make his presence known, he is more guilty than she.

If he knows that she is already cheating and just needs evidence then not revealing to her that he knows may be justified.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Lol nice 1

In the real world no self respecting man would stay with a woman who intended to cheat but man your stories always tickle me to bits lol keep up the good work btw 5 stars ; )

huedogghuedoggover 12 years ago
another winterfrog WACC story

I f she was going to fuck some guy for his birthday, why keep her. Send her ass to him and they can live in a trailer together.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
DEFENSE IS A GOOD OPTION

a lot better than lack of common sense. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

please write more stories!

EgoTrixiEgoTrixialmost 11 years ago
Enjoyed it!

Please continue. I´d miss your stories if you were to stop.

BDEarthBDEarthover 10 years ago
To Alvaron53's comment....

Lighten up Francis...it's fiction. Psychopath was just a term to describe what piece of crap the Peterson was; it wasn't a clinical diagnosis.

Granted, Lisa's character was a little weak in her ability to be seduced; but other than that Winterfrog wrote and entertaining and enjoyable story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Love Your Stories BUT...

In this story Lisa already was dabbling with fire by secret talks, lunches and getting cozy with Peterson and even cooperated with his humility at a Company party.

Next, she agrees to have sex with lover boy and is sending confirmation of their friendship via text. For me, sadly, the moment she started schmoozing with another man, the intent was there, the lack of respect for me was a given and stopping the relationship really didn't matter.

I wouldn't want to live with, respect, love or try to cohabitate with her for another moment. Sorry, she already cheated!

Good story though, as usual!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
prose

Good prose winterfrog,but don't you think you are awful easy on betrayers who do or have decided to do things that will hurt a wide range of people in your stories?

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
divorce her ass

considering she was already planning on cheating on top of being secretive and lying, I'd toss her ass to the curb

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
wow

I cant believe the husband would just tale her back.

She planned an affair, and treated him badly.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
A bit much

She absolutely was going to fuck him if she hadn't been stopped by outside intervention.

He felt like a newlywed right after.

Not to bright a boy you portrayed there.

Not only that she was going to fuck him for money.

He may have fought for his marriage but there was no hint it wouldn't happen again.

I wish you would articulate why she should be trusted. Even if it is to point out he is stupid.

tazz317tazz317about 9 years ago
ONE MUST ALLOW RE-PETES PERSEVERANCE

and his tunnel vision, TK U MLJ LV NV

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 8 years ago
Damn

How stupid was she? It seemed that everyone around them knew that Peterson was a prick except her. My problem is that there wasn't enough retribution to the almost slut wife. I guess money keeps a couple together when one spouse fails. Oh well. In fiction anything can happen.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
This story is what's wrong with men..

A man who loves his wife would not have reacted this way.

My wife was deeply I love with her first lover, the one who took her cherry. They lived together for a year, planning on marriage until she got a call her lover had been cheating on her. She confronted Tom and to his credit, admitted to it. They broke up for a few weeks until he sweet talked her back, then he cheated again and before anyone could tell her, admitted it and he broke it off with her, moving across the country to California. She went through a couple short term lovers before her and I got together. I fell madly in love with Jodie and we were married 9 months later, almost 3 years ago.

We had began talking about starting our family, Jodie had always wanted kids and admitted to me, she and Tom had talked about 4 kids. She was disappointed when I mentioned about half that but agreed we should start soon, her job was about over for the season. The first time she happened to give me reason to worry was when I walked into a room where she was talking to someone on the phone and she acted embarrassed and soon ended the call. That happened a few more times over the next month or so and finally, curious, I had a chance to look at her phone when she left it home one morning.

It was locked with a password I didn't know, which surprise me. It took a few guesses but I finally unlocked it to my mortification. She had been talking with Tom again, and admitted she had never quit loving him. Oh, she loved me, but it wasn't like the way she had always loved him, yadda yadda yadda. I was devastated. As near as I could tell, they had been in contact with one another for about 3 months and Tom was still in California but planning to move back. He hoped they could rekindle their relationship, knowing all the time she was married. I had known Tom, and admittedly he seemed like a nice guy. But what the fuck was she thinking, not only was she married, he had cheated on her multiple times and left her. I couldn't comprehend what was going on in her mind. While she was my true love, apparently I wasn't hers.

I became cold and stand offish to her. Over the next four weeks before Tom was to move back, I found myself unable to touch her. In retrospect, I now understand it was my way of separating myself away from her. Very late at night I would sneak her phone and read it, finding nothing had changed and they were still planning on getting together at a particular motel that held some significance to them both, in the neighboring town. While on one hand Jodie couldn't understand my sudden rejection of her, on the other she was almost giddy with excitement.

I knew the day Tom came back to town, Jodie could hardly sleep the night before. As had become my habit, when she wanted to make love, I made up an excuse, I simply had lost my taste for her. In no way did I want a close knit bond with a planned cheater. She was unhappy with me, perhaps because she wanted to make up to me what she planned to do? I didn't know and didn't particularly care.

But I was prepared for their day of planned intimacy. Jodie had given me an excuse and planned to be away for the entire weekend, from Saturday morning to Sunday evening. I guess to make up for my lack of desire for her? No matter, I was prepared as could be.

She tried to kiss me goodbye when she left and when I avoided her, it should have been a wake-up call. But no, she floated out on air and toward her lover. In her purse I had stuck a box of condoms, hoping she wouldn't find it until after they had begun their tryst. The moment she walked out the door, I went to work like a madman and in less than an hour, I had everything of hers boxed up and in the back of my truck. My stuff was also boxed and waiting in the garage for my return. Finding their motel and the room number he had given her, I quietly unloaded it in front of their door, pinning them in! There were 33 boxes, both large and small and it was a big chore I completed in less than 10 minutes. Then I headed home, wondering why I hadn't heard anything from inside.

The phone was ringing when I walked into my house to begin loading my own stuff and that reminded me I had almost forgotten it. In a half hour I was heading toward my new house across town and had already dropped off our keys to the landlord and had apologized for such a short notice. In the meantime I had also shut off the gas, water and electricity.

My phone rang nonstop for the duration of the day but I muted it. Each call was Jodie but I refused to listen to her voice. Before dark I was set up in my new 1 bedroom, 1 bath house, small, but all I needed. Then I drank until Sunday morning some time and spent the day sobering up. Monday morning I pulled in to work, saw Jodie's car sitting there so I simply drove by and pulled off a side road. When she passed me, I went to work, where I work as a heavy equipment operator. When the crew bus pulled in to the parking lot, I stay inside and asked the guy to let me out down the road some, I saw Jodie parked next to my truck.

We played cat and mouse for the next week, while I worked and spent time at my lawyers office. I had her served at work and from what I heard from a friends wife who also worked there, she was devastated. I just told Barb I hope she was at least as devastated as I had been. Our lawyers made a date to work things out and I showed up, as did Jodie. When I walked into the room for our meeting, I was pretty surprised at how bad she looked. Every second I thought she was about to burst into tears.

They gave Jodie the floor to start things, after her lawyer said they were responding to my petition of divorce. Jodi opened her mouth, then burst into tears. After a few moments, she began to talk, directly to me. First, she explained that she understood that somehow I had read her correspondence with Tom and for that she was ashamed and mortified. But it was never going to happen, she ended up going to dinner with him, where she was when I unloaded her stuff, and when he drove her back to her car at the motel she was staying at, that's when he found her stuff and called her to come identify it. When I wouldn't answer, she had to call her parents, explain everything to them and then her dad came over to haul everything back to our house. That's when she found neither of us lived there, I'd moved out too.

She moved back in with her parents, in her old room, with her old bed she'd fucked Tom and her boyfriends in. I felt bad for her, but she'd made her proverbial bed, so it was hers to sleep in. She begged me and asked to come back, pleaded with me and swore they'd never had sex and she never would. Jodie ended her part with tears, unable to continue.

I waited until she was composed enough to listen. Then I explained my own devastation at reading what she said and then I provided a copy of her texts. The important parts were highlighted, where she talked about him being her true love, she didn't love me like she loved him, etc. I swear, we could all see her collapse into herself when she read her own words. Then I asked her, should I believe they had never fucked, why I would want to take back a woman who didn't love me like she loved her ex lover? She didn't have an answer and the lawyers adjourned the meeting and set up another. I made certain my lawyer explained she was to quit harassing me at work and to stay away while things were worked out.

Our next meeting was exactly the same, except with one difference. Jodie started out with the same tears, the same swearing of her love, how Tom meant nothing to her. She explained there was nothing more in the world she wanted but for us to get back together, mend the fences and start our family. I guess she was thrown off when I asked her if she planned on me raising Tom's kids or if she planned on me raising her own? She seemed confused at my question, the same as her lawyer until I retrieved an envelope from my briefcase and pulled out a large and very explicit photo of her bent over with her ass sticking out and Tom pounding into her from behind. She was on the passenger side of his '66 Camaro and both their faces were visible in the series of photo's I provided. I watched with disinterest when her face turned white and Jodie fainted dead away, falling from her chair..

Our divorce went through a few months later and 5 months after that, we were official. Our friends were loathe in explaining to me how Jodie, against her folks wishes, moved in with Tom. Our town isn't very big and I had to see them both from time to time, but ignored them like they didn't exist. Jodie had seen me do the same thing to other enemies over the years so she understood she really didn't exist in my mind anymore.

About a year after our divorce, I happened to see Jodie at the local gas station while I was filling my truck. When she got out it was easy to see she was about 8 months pregnant. I looked at her belly for a moment and when I looked up, she was staring right at me. I just gave her my saddest look and after shaking my head in sadness and disgust, she got back into her car and drove away without getting gas.

I didn't see her for the next year, year and half. By that time, I had heard she had two kids by Tom and when I saw her, she not only had two kids, but her belly was growing again. I guess she was getting her wish fulfilled. I ignored her and went on with my life. It couldn't have been more than a few months later, I heard Tom had moved away, without Jodie. I knew they had never married but was surprised he left her, after having all those kids, until I found out she booted him after he not only cheated on her again, but also after promising it would never happen again, she caught him in bed with another woman. I guess that's what happens when you have an 8+" pretty thick cock, according to a few women.

A couple years later I was sitting at the park, we have a very small city park, when I heard someone come up behind where I was sitting and reading and they touched my shoulder. It was Jodie and she was with her kids, who took off running to play. She asked if she could sit and I motioned to the seat across from me, I didn't want her sitting next to me. Quiet for a time, she finally began to speak. Slowly at first, then she couldn't talk fast enough.

She admitted to me that Tom was the biggest mistake of her life, even though he was the father of her four children. She also admitted while she hadn't cheated that first time, she was going back to his room to consummate their illicit affair when they found her stuff. That was when she knew we were over. At that moment when she realized I had dropped everything off and most likely knew everything, she understood what she'd lost and the little she had gained. Tom was an itch that needed scratched and she didn't realize how little that itch was until she moved in with him during our divorce and he used her. That was how she framed it, he used her for something to fuck, it soon became obvious he didn't lover her, he loved fucking her because for him, she was a submissive.

She ended her sad tale without me saying a word. She sat for a bit, watching her kids play. I knew she wanted me to say something, but truthfully, I couldn't think of anything to say. Jodi kept looking at me expectantly and finally she asked me if there was anything I wanted to know, any questions she could answer. I thought about it and finally, shook my head no. Then she asked me if I understood how much she had loved me and still loved me. Again, I shook my head no. Then came a five minute diatribe about how much she had always loved me and how Tom was nothing more than a candle next to the sun. It went on until she finally asked me if I believed her. Again, I shook my head no.

We sat there for at least a half hour while her kids played. Neither of us said anything but she seemed to be enjoying herself as much as could be expected. Then she caught me offguard. She actually asked me if there was any chance for us. My eyes must have gotten big, I know that I was pretty shocked! I guess my look told her everything she needed to know and she began to cry. I was actually feeling bad for her when I felt another hand touch the back of my neck and I turned in surprise, my wife had approached so silently.

"Do you always have this reaction when you talk with strange women, Jeff?" My wife of two years was somewhat concerned but also slightly amused.

"Only with this one, my love."

"You know her?" Suzie seemed surprised.

"This was the woman who cheated on me."

"Oh, this is Jodie?" She held her hand out to Jodi who took it and they shook hands. "I'm Suzie, Jeff and I have been married for a little over two years now."

Jodi just cried. the look on her face was still sad and she simply sat and cried while she looked at us.

When we left, Jodie was still sitting and crying, although her kids were gathered around. It was kind of sad, when we were married, Jodie was about 5'3" and 115lbs. After having lived with Tom, birthed 4 babies for him, she had to weigh over 200lbs and they weren't friendly pounds.

Suzie? She was and still is about 5'8" and 120lbs, even after two kids. Yes, we had my two kids and have been married for 8 years now. Believe it or not, Jodie and Suzie actually have become pretty good friends, although I refuse to have Jodie over to our house. She lives alone, with her kids obviously, but from what Suzie says, she was only with Tom after me and no one after Tom. Suzie swears Jodie lives the saddest life she could ever imagine.

Tom? I heard he was hit by a car and was never the same. I didn't hear about it, I was off on a hunting trip and didn't know until I got home.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Hey, Anony 8/19/15... good story...

For Anony 8/19/15... You wrote a pretty good story and put it in a comment. You should really think about getting an account and submitting your work. I was impressed with your writing; interesting story, BTB, flows well - very nice story indeed. Wish you could answer whether or not the ex-husband ran the guy down. Maybe it's best the way you left it, I like believing that's who did it. LOL

Ocker51Ocker51about 7 years ago
How Could You Ever Trust Her Again

She planned to cheat on you, she was happy to allow her soon to be lover to try & humiliate you at her company dinner. She would have cheated if you never organised a week away & confronted her, how could you ever trust someone again who was such a liar & a schemer?

3⭐️⭐️⭐️ Only

xtchrxtchrabout 6 years ago
Agree with Ocker!

I agree totally with Ocker51's comment. She is a wanna be cheater and will need to be watched constantly...not much of a marriage. And her disrespect for him is way to much to take. Thanks for the story.

Pappy7Pappy7about 6 years ago
Boy, if you live in LW Land

never agree to stay home with the kids just because the wife earns more. Immediate loss of respect towards husband and all it takes for the seducer to dog her anywhere he wants is to help her make fun of hubby and make it seem like he is the alpha male in town. Cause everyone knows that a motivated wife if just looking for someone to compliment her so she can fuck him in front of her husband and the whole town. Makes the sex doubly better doesn't it. Hard to live with a woman that is that stupid. Life is hard, it's even harder when you are stupid.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Light

His wife got off light.She confesses she was going to shag Petersen and he just accepts her apology,there should have been some form of punishment.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
How

How can a supposedly intelligent woman, in a top job, be so damn stupid? Hopefully only in LW fantasy land.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Agree

I agree with the comment by Light

MbgdallasMbgdallasabout 5 years ago
Cracked me up.

"corpses in my wardrobe". It’s “skeleton”s in my closet.”

Love winter frogs stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago

Why in the hell is he still married to the moron.

jtwheelsjtwheelsalmost 5 years ago
Got him fired and broke bones but still seducer

Heading company after such stupid conduct

Wouldn't want to have anything to do with that company

She was easy pickings for seduction

What about next time

MightyHornyMightyHornyover 4 years ago
Honestly, author... why do you refuse to use an editor?

This story would have earned a full score if someone else - someone that actually can write in English - would have edit the crap out of it.

OK, maybe not full score, 'cause simply taking Lisa at her words, that she wouldn't never cheat, when she admitted herself how close she came to do just that, that's a level of silliness that the MC here never displayed elsewhere in this story. It kinda funny that Greg never used the fact that his wife came into his life after she dumped her ex for cheating on her... Honestly, to throw that little fact back to her face, with a heartfelt reply like "I guess you're no better than him now, eh?" just to make her hurt even more, would have been quite justified.

In any case, the mere fact that she was more than willing to fuck around on her husband is all the reason they need for Lisa to go into counselling. Her lizard brain has a little bit too much control over her everyday life, and disregarding what happen here as an one-off is dumb.

So yeah - 'could have been great, but ended up just OK. Fact is, the best story related to "Marriage Under Attack" is the comment one Anon left titled "This story is what's wrong with men.." - now, that one is a Five Star story! In any case... thanks for the share.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

Who could trust such a gullible fool to run a company? Maybe her husband can do all the work for her behind the scenes.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 4 years ago
She is a fool

She was willing to bet her vows on what? Anything? I'm sorry. The character of the wife is too stupid to be believed.

LT56linebackerLT56linebackeralmost 4 years ago
Good boy

Don't take any shit from people like that. Their are enough good people around who just don't want to get involved until someone stands up to a bully. Human nature. She's your wife, and the mother of your children. Take care of business. And do good by your father-in-law. He's a good man. I should know, I'm one. The Bear approves.

The BEAR

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Wife got off

the wife got off too easy in this story.

JonDoe315JonDoe315almost 3 years ago

Wow he is a better man for knowing and doing nothing. She did get off too easy but at least he saved the marriage. Dumb woman though and shouldve work harder to get back in his good graces

dark2donut2dark2donut2over 2 years ago

The female character should have been named Cordelia so that we could have tale of seduction in a sort of dirty Kiekegaard. I would have preferred this plot with "Peterson" to play out and have a punishment dished out after the affair but WF is a sort of preventative fanatic. Nothing wrong with it, it is OK story with a solid plot. The only misgivings I have is how easy was to fool with "Peterson" so he came out as a rather weak villain.

Omegaman56Omegaman56over 2 years ago

In this case the husband was the Alpha male. Number one job is to protect your family. And that includes stupid wives from them selves

PorterrhPorterrhabout 2 years ago

Why would this jerk put so much effort into stopping his cretin of a wife from having an affair …..

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Why on Earth would he even want to stay married to a dumb bitch like her? Saving idiots from themselves merely delays the inevitable.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I loved this story. You had the marriage airplane flying 2 feet above the water at 600 mph and still pulled a rabbit our of the hat. Glad the marriage was saved.

Ed

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Yes he protected his family but honestly why? For such a successful career woman she seems to be a complete moron.

mfbridgesmfbridgesabout 1 year ago

Yup, she was a moron and he let her off to lightly.

NitpicNitpic3 months ago
Dump

As she admitted she was going to fuck Petersen, he should have divorced her.How long,before another Petersen comes along?.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

She is categorically dumb.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous