All Comments on 'Mary and Alvin Ch. 05'

by MelissaBaby

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
LoquiSordidaAdMeLoquiSordidaAdMeabout 6 years ago
Boys have to choose to become men

Is that your own wisdom? Or did you pick that up from someone else? It didn't register with me the first time you used it as a theme, but recent events in my own life have made it very profound this time. That's going to stay with me.

MelissaBabyMelissaBabyabout 6 years agoAuthor
Thank you

It is wisdom I acquired from my fiancé (Dwight, to readers of My Fall and Rise). I was explaining to him that I saw him as a man in a way I did not see any of my previous boyfriends, who seemed no more than overgrown boys. He told me of a situation in his life in which he made the conscious choice to stand up and take responsibility for himself. He described it as the moment he chose to be a man. That resonated with me, and I am glad that it did with you as well.

Bebop3Bebop3about 6 years ago
Another

... great chapter.

Thanks for sharing.

tangledweedtangledweedalmost 6 years ago
So many touches that hit home.

I always enjoy witty conversation and the author makes Mary and Alvin deliver their repartee seemingly effortlessly. Throw in some Townes Van Zandt and you've found another one of my weak spots. Add in a dark, star filled sky without light pollution and it feels like you're poking around inside my head.

My favorite night memories were from the Canadian prairies, with no artificial light in sight. You would get the amazing star filled sky for a main course and often a spectacular Aurora Borealis light show for dessert. It made up for being called out to work in the middle of the night.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Still reading, but...

You're a teller, not a shower, and that's OK! There are a lot of books that are all tell and you tell well. I'm enjoying this so far, even though it feels like I've read stories similar to this before.

HragsHragsover 3 years ago
Awesome !!!!

I am enjoying this story. Glad it has tons of chapters. It is like reading a good book. Wish every story was like this one. Kudos to MelissaBaby...U DONE GOOD !!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

ok, although it's obvious the author is unfamiliar with sailboats!

AlexJensenAlexJensen10 months ago

Another great chapter! You are a gifted writer. Very interesting and enjoyable to read. Previous comment indicates that author obviously doesn’t know much about sailboats, whether this is true or not I don’t know know (not knowing anything about sailing myself), but I’m glad the author isn’t using Lit to teach us the finer points of sailing. I’m here for the sex (and a good storyline). Thanks Mellisababy.

AlexJensen

Comentarista82Comentarista8210 months ago

Loved this part mostly for (oddly enough) their trip into Castine, which indeed was heavily fought over because of its location at the mouth of the river; the article I found really outlined all the inns, museums and eateries available there, and it's indeed a very beautiful place (pop ~ 1300). Of course, let's not forget that view of the Milky Way they both enjoyed intensely over the open water.

*

That's not to say it greatly relieves me to see she finally shared her history with Wyatt with him, as it had to happen--plus said enough about her dad for it to matter.

Well-rounded chapter (notice the hyphenation)! 5

AnonymousAnonymous2 days ago

How bright was it in the cabin? (It takes longer than "a few seconds" for your eyes to really adjust.)

.

Minor point, anyway. Mostly a very good story. Thanks.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMelissaBaby@MelissaBaby
A bold bitch and a shy girl. An exile and an ex-con. A lover and a leaver. A wise fool and a stupid genius. A cocksucker. A student. A foodie, a boozie, a weedie. A rider of horses. A kisser of girls. A resister, an insister, a persister. Daughter of a goddess, mother of a gho...

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES