All Comments on 'Mason Ch. 02'

by kalamazoo707

Sort by:
  • 22 Comments
sikalicious1sikalicious1over 12 years ago
Love Mason, but...

Toni is not the person who was supposed to help you "get over Katrina", she was the person you were supposed to love instead. Quite honestly though, Katrina doesn't hold a candle to Toni IMO.

I love that Toni and James really do love each other, and that Toni isn't feeling rejected by Mason; she doesn't even know the situation.

I don't think it's right for Mason (whom I love) to break up Toni's marriage to James (who loves her completely) when he's admitted to himself that he will never love her that way. Realistically, no woman would leave the man who treats her like a queen to be with one who's decided to settle for runner up.

sikalicious1sikalicious1over 12 years ago
1 more thing

I love that you've grown so much as a writer and was able to give each of the three chief characters 3 distinct points of view. They are each likeable and flawed at the same time. (I thought in your other stories, you always deferred to the males' points of view--esp. Ethan).

Bravo to you, and keep it up. You've got talent.

verbicideverbicideover 12 years ago
Not really stoic

While I sort of sympathize with Mason, I can't actually agree with the descriptions of him as stoic. Perhaps it's because I'm from an older generation or that I was raised in the western U.S. (cowboy culture), but Mason's dithering and emotional uncertainty strikes me as histrionic, not stoic. As of yet, I haven't discovered anything remarkable or particularly admirable about the character, while Toni and James both seem like good folk. Now, I'm certain that James' illness signals his deathknell, either being an undiagnosed fatal disease, symptoms of hidden drug abuse or something along those lines.

Still, I gave the story 5 stars, since it is engaging.

kelleigh0127kelleigh0127over 12 years ago

I was happy to see that Toni was able to love James the way he wanted to be loved. To know that she got married to someone that seems to love her like there's no tomorrow gives others some type of hope. Mason not being able to love Toni like James is something even he doesn't know. He never gave it a chance, one drink wouldn't have been a problem if he truly wouldn't let Katrina go. No one wants to be loved half hearted and I'm sure this is something Toni would feel.

While I love this story so much I feel that James won't live to have an offspring (which is so sad). I've learned to love James and champion for him and Toni. With that said I hope Mason finds a way to deal with his demons and James is around much longer.

mariasmdmariasmdover 12 years ago
great

good for mason, i hope he can really move on. if i were toni i wouldn't want to be with a man who could only give me 75 percent of himself. Is james dying??

got2luvmelgot2luvmelover 12 years ago
ITA

with the first four comments stated. And I'd like to add that I also very much agree with Eustance when he said that Mason didn't want to get over Katrina. I was thinking that throughout the entire fiction till he said it and Mason acknowledged that it was the truth. It just seemed that Mason would've rather wallowed in unrequited love than to move on, in case Katrina ever decided to, for whatever reason, leave Ethan and look in his direction. Which, in my opinion, was about the stupidest decision he'd ever made. Not only did he lose one mate, but two, and to men they both truly love. I think he deserves the cards he's been dealt where Toni is concerned.

Top that off, I'm going to even go as far as to say that I believe Mason is a serial downer. Seriously, I think he gets off on being depressed about someone not choosing him over another. He keeps saying that he'll never love Toni like he does Katrina, she'll never have all of him, yet, when he finds out that she's married, suddenly he's playing the 'whoa is me' card, talking about her choosing her husband over him. Hello, you were never an option for her because of you! *pulls hair out* Mason is just making me lose it with his actions and thoughts.

James...sad, sad, sad! Please don't let him die. I know I'm jumping to conclusions, but I know he's sick. I said it in 'Ethan' and I guess I'm going to have to say it again here: I don't want or like that characters have to be sacrificed (a death has to be written) in order for a pairing to unite. James is a great person who loves Toni with everything in him. I fell in love with him and am rooting for him to get better and Toni and him to stay together. While Mason should be able to have someone, because I always wanted him to, he blew it with Toni. I don't think he deserves her, at least not anytime soon. I don't get why he can't just wait till James dies of natural causes or something else-years down the line. I mean, Mason freaking has infinite life in terms of him being a vampire, while James and Toni are human. Why can't they be together for the time being? Oh, say like 15-20 years? After they have kids or she gets to be loved wholly for quite a while. *SIGHS* I'm just at a loss here. I don't like that a person has to get sick and die, a great person, so that Mason can have his chance with Toni. I'm going to cry if James dies!

Any who, thanks for writing and sharing. Really looking forward to the next installment.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Okay!

Kal, please, please, please give Mason another mate. Let the love between Toni and James prosper. Maybe Toni has an identical twin sister that can be his mate. They would share the same chromosomes and almost the same DNA, so that's why Mason is not completely feeling the mating pull with Toni. (I'm reaching here, folks)

Nauti Nymph

blksxystangblksxystangover 12 years ago
Really!!

Please.. please... please dont kill off James for Mason so soon! I like him and Toni together and no woman deserves to be in a relationship because she reminds some guy of a love he lost. What kind of love is that?? What I realized though, Mason does not have it all together. First, he fell in love with Katrina but his love was not the pure kind of love because if it was, he should have wished her the best regardless of who she choose to be with. For Mason to be a Dr., he needs to pull a Freud move and counsel his real subconscious motives.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
James...

is he tampering with her pills? is he the one who ransacked her apt?

For moment, i thought you were going to make him a junkie... but then i re-read the earlier paragraphs and that just didn't pan out...

honeybreehoneybreeover 12 years ago
Interesting chapter, so many questions and some many possibilities....

Even though Toni and James are about as exciting as watching paint dry Mason shouldn't be a homewrecker *yes men can be those too...lol* I think they need to run their course even though I don't believe that being comfortable with each other equals love, that is just content living deep down. And I was wondering the same thing the comment mention below, was it James who broke into Toni's apartment to force her hand to move in with him? Mason is well......I am glad he made headway in this chapter but something tells me he needs more sessions on the couch to be completely whole

kalamazoo707kalamazoo707over 12 years agoAuthor
Honeybree et al

Thanks for reading Mason and my other stories. As far as the break in at Toni's apartment, James was in no way responsible and nor is he a drug addict.

hisangelbeautyhisangelbeautyover 12 years ago
wow

this chapter was just awesome, i can't wait to see what happens with Toni, James and Mason but I know its going to be big.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Good update

ITA with the other poster that stated don't kill James off so soon so that Mason can be with Toni. At this point I am not feeling Mason and Toni has grown on me. It seems that James is having some medical problems or something is really wrong with him where he is forgetting things. Thanks

Divisionred

Yasz1221Yasz1221over 12 years ago
Saving Grace... Maybe? ?

Please! Please! For all that makes sense and is holy don't be one of the cliche authors who kills off the guy/ girl just so the main characters can get together and live happily ever after. -.- I don't think you understand just how much James is a breath of fresh air to fanfiction and hell books! I cannot tell you how annoying it is to always read stories where the author always makes the guy an asshole who has to jump through hoops and go to hell (figuratively speaking though sometimes it feels like literally) to get the girl back as though she is hot shit. It's great to finally read a story where the guy isn't a jackass but a good dude. I agree you shouldn't do that for that but its your story and I don't want Rio be one of those people telling you how to write it. You're a damn good storyteller so I have faith you'll do what needs to be done when it comes to the story

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Don't kill Off James!

I think the waitress ransacked the apartment. I find Toni and James so sweet. Mason should be mistaken of Toni being his soul mate. Let it be the waitress and him and continue Toni and James' story. PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! I am in love with James.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Dont kill James

Let the waitress be his mate. Or maybe let James and Toni's daughter be his mate after 20 years of watching them from afar.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
YOUR STORY!!

Just wanted to say that your stories are nothing short of spectacular! It has the right amount of ingredients that when put together leaves the reader wanting more; intrigue, suspense, drama and romance.

Whilst views and opinions from your readers are and should be welcomed, remember it is YOUR STORY!! If James dying is integral to the plot of the story then so be it. You have already mapped out what has and will happen and no one should change that.

Obviously the BLOND WAITRESS cannot be Mason's mate, it defeats the purpose and category of the story (INTERRACIAL)!

If James and Toni's child is Mason's mate and that is part of YOUR WRITING then so be it, if not that Twilight idea really is RIDICULOUS!

Kalamazoo 707 you are a talented writer, remember stay true to yourself, readers should enjoy your work based on what you wrote and not what they think you should.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
please noooo Dont kill James

I like what the other person suggested let Toni and JAmes child be his mate. I really like James he's so sweet what women can deny a man like James. Love your stories and glad to see Ethan and Kat doing well. Btw I feel for Mason I wish him happiness also.

tikateapottikateapotover 12 years ago
Great Storytelling

I loved this chapter. While I read this, I kept coming up with what I thought the characters were going to do next and how the story might go. In other words, you had me THOROUGHLY engrossed in this chapter. As a previous commenter said, If James dying is pivotal to this story than so be it. If anything it will switch the game up and Mason will learn how it feels to want someone that is in love and hung up on somebody else. As much as Toni loves James now; if he were to die, there is no way she'd be interested in having any type of dealings with Mason. At least no time soon.

Sidebar: I'm confused as to your timeline. It jumps 2yrs into the future, but when Mason makes reference to Toni getting married he tells Eustace it was days ago and Ethan weeks ago. It has to be the future b/c she and James have a practice which means they have finished their residencies.

Anyhoo... Great Job!

THELOVELY1GLOTHELOVELY1GLOover 12 years ago
Loved

that they are still able to be friends and the truth is always spoken between them. Please do not kill Toni's husband off, let him get hospitalized etc...

vickivalevickivaleover 11 years ago
That was nice

I liked the way you resolved the unspoken issues of Ethan and Mason. Great Job.

KittyOh48KittyOh48over 11 years ago
Kalamazoo, you know how to tie up lose ends and make it believable!

I reluctently started to read this story. I felt sorry for Mason and didn't want o read anymore about Katrina and Ethan and all their happiness, knowing Mason was suffering. But you surprised me and so far you have changed my mind!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userkalamazoo707@kalamazoo707
Hello, I can't believe that it's been this long since I've visited this site, I've undergone many changes- many of them good and am contemplating returning to the world of writing. I know I have many unfinished stories and that's where I will start. I hope that all of you are ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Mason Ch. 01 Previous Part
Mason Series Info