Mass Effect: Consoling Kasumi

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Since he lost his loved ones as a young Shepard, he'd experienced no greater sorrow than watching Kasumi gather her garments and get dressed. As she stepped into her body suit and lifted it to her shoulders, the disappearance of her skin was a sad thing indeed. She stepped into her sneaking shoes and straightened them on her heels. Lastly, she donned her hood and stuffed all of her locks into it.

"See you topside," Shepard said.

"Sure thing. Bye, Shep," she said as she cloaked and headed for the elevator.

Shepard asked, "Why do you need to cloak in here?"

"We wouldn't want anyone to know that the commander fucked me in his room, right? Drama and rumors getting around the ship wouldn't be good for everyone's focus if we're headed for a suicide mission. Come on, Shep! You know these things!"

Shepard watched the elevator door separate though it only appeared that no one was there. He assumed she was gone but one never really knew with her.

The commander took a shower and dressed. It was time to head for Purgatory to recruit Jack for their mission, the next person on his list of dossiers. Before that, he needed to check on Kasumi. A full hour had passed and with her flooded with emotions, he wanted to make sure she was okay.

It would have been easy to think about that amazing sex they just had. He was still tingling and half erect. There was still a mess on the floor near his desk but the lamp and stationary would have to stay there a while.

Despite her being mostly independent, he was aware that she must have been feeling an empty space within that caring friends typically occupied—for most people.

He took the elevator to the crew's quarters and made his way to the Port Observation deck.

Kasumi was stargazing with her knees drawn to her chest much like his previous visit. She looked so calm and peaceful that he wasn't sure if he should disturb her. In her mind and body, things may not have been so tranquil so he walked to the center of the room.

"Kasumi..." he said but she responded like she knew what he was thinking.

"I'm still okay, Shep. Something about the stars helps me to think. It puts me at ease."

"You can always come out and mingle with Garrus, Jacob, Kelly, and the others."

"I think the less people know about me, the better. Not that I would be good with people anyways. Now, Jacob, hmm, that's a tempting thought but I'm fine."

Shepard sat on the sofa next to her. He extended his hand to caress her back but halted himself. He picked up on how she usually kept her distance from people and wasn't sure if she'd make an exception even for him.

He said, "Are you alright with Keiji?"

She released a deep sigh. "I have my memories and I think he would have wanted me to move on. He wants me to know that he will always love me but when you love someone, you want them to be happy. And commander Shep..." she said as she turned towards him. "You made me happy!"

Above all else, that gave Shepard a sense of joy and relief, too. A warm, fuzzy feeling inside as well.

"I'm glad," Shepard said while smiling. "So, do you think you would ever fall in love again?"

Kasumi refocused on the window again and peered into the depths of space. "I almost just did but..."

Commander Shepard finished her thought. "But, your lifestyle and relationships probably would be a tough mix."

"You read my mind. Is that another one of your amazing traits?"

Shepard rose from the sofa and straightened his uniform. "Reading my crew is but as mysterious as you may be Ms. Goto, some things about you are written all over you."

"Like how I'm destined for a life of solitude only experiencing the joys of relationships at a distance, in the shadows, or while cloaked? That would make for some great memories! Yeah, right..."

"You can always change your lifestyle."

Kasumi looked up into his eyes. "Like how you can change being Commander Shepard?" Great point. Shepard took her hand, gave it a squeeze and a kiss, and walked away but she called at him to cease his steps. "Hey, Shep!"

He stopped but kept his focus on the door in front of him. "Kasumi?"

"Maybe once this is all over, we could plan some more heists together? You know how fun it was at Hock's party. I know of some rich snobs and more criminals that are dying to be relieved of all those rare artifacts they have no idea what to do with. I think I have a better use for them than leaving them in some display case. Just think of how much time we would be spending together..."

The idea did give the commander a few moments worth of pause. The main reason she connected with Keiji was because they shared a love of thievery. However, Shepard had a much larger mission to save humanity and stop the Reapers from harvesting all life in the galaxy.

Shepard continued his walk out of her quarters. "Let's keep the fun limited to my quarters. Now, get ready to suit up. We have a mission waiting for us!"