Mass Effect: Rebirth of the Beyonder

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Silenteye
Silenteye
122 Followers

"Copy that,"

"Got it,"

"Understood Shepard," They all began to move getting into their position.

"Go!" Grunt jumped over the debris, Captain Felix turned a shotgun and fired. The Krogan charged heedless as the shell bounced off the regenerating armor. Felix surprised turned both guns to Grunt only to grunt as a rapid barrage of disruptor shots peppered him. He kept his gaze on the Krogan, and then he heard a strange click and next thing he knew a sniper rifle bullet slammed into his hip knocking him off balance. Grunt jumped forward his head smashing into Felix knocking the giant man down. As he fell a blue spark shot from Felix, "Grunt get out of there!" Shepard shouted, "Jacob hold the grenade!" Jacob who had been reaching for the grenade stopped, Shepard heard grunting and she looked to see Felix was struggling with Grunt then he punched Grunt and threw him off! "Damn he's unreal Jacob now!" Jacob nodded grabbing the incendiary grenade and threw it, it slammed into Felix exploding and burning his armor. He grunted and throwing his rifle aside he grabbed the armor and ripped it off, revealing a black pulsing clothe underneath.

"What on earth is that?" Liara wondered as Felix got up.

"You can look at it later!" Shepard said and she grabbed Liara's hand. Liara felt the surge of power again, she clenched her hand into a fist her body glowing with bright blue light, she then threw her hand forward, large explosions of biotic energy blasted forward exploding with such intense force that it vaporized the metal of the ship! Feix stood up and saw the large blasts he smirked when the floor before him exploded and the area of effect hit his foot. He blinked then flew into the air as another blast exploded below him. He tried to move his legs only to find them to be missing! He then screamed as the pain pierced his mind. He came crashing into a metal beam, landing on his back with a horrible crack Shepard winced as she released Liara, Liara blinked as she looked at the damage then she looked at her hands then at Shepard.

"Shepard... we mustn't use this power carelessly," Liara said.

"I agree, and if we do use it nobody must be in the way." Shepard said, they heard a whistle and looked at Grunt.

"Damn... you did a number on him... remind me never to underestimate Asari biotics again..." He said somberly.

"Kck... you haven't won yet!" Everybody gave a start as Felix pushed himself off and sitting up he pointed the shotgun at Shepard. "Fucking... falsebreed bitch!" He pulled the trigger and the gun fizzled then exploded in his hand. He grunted and threw it away then his body began to glow, "I'LL KILL YOU!" He shouted, Shepard reacting grabbed Liara.

"WARP NOW!" She shouted Liara threw her hands back which shone brightly then threw her hands forward, Felix screamed as it hit him then they heard his body squelch then watched as he turned inside out. They all winced as bone and muscle splattered everywhere blood splashing and spurting out. Shepard stared at it then she grunted as she felt her strength suddenly leave her, she fell forward Liara turning and seeing her love start flickering.

"Shepard!" Liara shouted.

"I-I'll be fine..." Shepard panted, "Find the crew and Tali..." Shepard said, her flickering intensified, "Please Liara I don't want another failure..." Shepard panted now getting to her knees. Liara stood there then nodded she went to Jacob and Grunt.

"Let's go Tali and the crew should be ahead," She said.

"Shepard...?" Grunt asked.

"She'll be fine let's go!" Liara said, she ran off Jacob and Grunt looked at each other then followed. Shepard felt weak, the armor was barely holding onto her body. She grunted and she switched to energy form the armor falling off. She then solidified her feet and her arms and pushed herself off. It was then she heard a sickening squish and she looked to see from Felix's malformed corpse a hand poking out then from the body a strange energy being stepped out. It was also flickering, then it saw Shepard it roared and its body began to emit black smoke then it dissolved into nothing. As she looked at it she couldn't help but wonder if that was what Beyonders looked like. She didn't look anything like that in her energy form, she wondered if that would happen to her if she died. She could feel her strength coming back but it was slow. She solidified her body and leaned against the cover panting. She hoped that Liara would be strong enough to continue the mission. Shepard gave a slight chuckle, she was a quarter Krogan, and even the weakest Krogan was near unstoppable. Shepard closed her eyes, she was tired, besides... if she was gonna do what she planned to do she needed to have all her strength.

-Liara, Grunt and Jacob-

Liara sent a shockwave at the enemies causing them to stagger. Jacob jumped out fired at their heads while Grunt charged, the enemy had been shooting down whatever survivors there had been when Liara and the team came in and quickly killed 3 members in one go there was only 2 left. Liara thinking quickly had warped their armor off and had ordered Grunt and Jacob into battle position. Grunt slammed into the other Beyonder soldier and slammed his plated head into the Beyonders own head the Beyonder died as his head got crushed. Grunt panted and stepped back blood on his head "Ow..." he said as he rubbed his head. He looked around several bodies of Quarians laid around him he then heard breathing and he looked to see a leg shuddering. He then walked forward to see Tali sitting there with a Quarian woman. "Guy's they're over here!" Grunt shouted the others quickly approached and Liara closed her eyes and a biotic field appeared around the Quarians in an attempt to give them a sterile environment.

"Shepard we found survivors," Jacob said into his com, there was silence.

"Shepard might still be recovering contact Joker," Liara said.

"Right, Jacob to Joker do you copy?" Jacob said quickly adjusting the frequency.

"Joker here read you loud and clear," Joker said.

"We need evac get everybody over here we have two wounded and both needing medical." Jacob said.

"Roger that try to get back to you ASAP," Joker said closing the line.

-Outside the wreckage-

Joker aimed the ship at the still incoming horde of Beyonder Soldiers there had to be at least a good 200 left. "Hey guys we need some support think you can help thin these bastards out?" Joker said.

"We're on our way," Came Garrus' reply, there was static then Jack's voice came.

"What the hell Garrus are you crazy!" Joker confused turned the shuttle he chuckled slightly, in the distance was Jack's , Jacob's, and the Normandy on Jack's cruiser was Garrus with a sniper rifle. "No way he's gonna hit anything, he saw the flash and he turned the shuttle to the bullet path his jaw dropped as one of the of the Beyonders head exploded.

"Ha these grav boots and stabilizer really help my aim!" Garrus' shouted in triumph.

"...show off..." Joker mumbled and he turned the shuttle and began to fire laying down a barrage down on the Beyonder's however they had been alerted by Garrus and now were pulling out rocket launchers and some had activated shields. They fired at the two, Joker maneuvering away from the missles, while Jack spun and weaved about. Joker expected Garrus to fly off but the Turian was completelystill and seemed to even be swinging his gun in the air like a bull wrangler! The turian then aimed again and began to fire hitting shields and lowering them enough that Jack's cruiser swooped in and finished them off. Then the hum of the Normandy was heard, Joker turned and recognized the sound of a massive power draw. "EDI, don't use the Thanix Cannon," Joker said, "We wanna save everybody not fry them," Joker said knowing he was stating the obvious.

"Of course Jeff, now priming Eclipse gun," she said, the Eclipse gun was a rapid fire mini laser gun that shot a steady rapid stream of laser blasts. Meant to clear an area and work away huge crowds Joker saw the bottom of the nose of the Normandy open. Joker turned his ship back to the crowd while that had been going on Garrus had been sniping some more targets killing a few then the loud ring was heard as the Eclipse gun began firing a rapid stream of yellow laser bolts ripping through the Beyonders instead of retreating they stayed and continued to fire even as they were slowly whittled down to a few ten.

"Everybody cease fire," Joker ordered, the eclipse gun powered down and Garrus raised his head from the scope. Joker turned on the loud speaker, "Forces of the Beyonders you are out gunned and with wounded if you surrender now your men will receive medical attention and you will be allowed to repent for your actions. Drop your weapons and you will not be harmed..." Joker said into the loud speaker.

"Joker what the fuck are you doing!?" Jack's voice came on the com, making sure to cut out the loudspeaker he switched to the channel frequency.

"I'm doing what Shepard would do, this doesn't need to end in complete bloodshed those are our people regardless of alien mumbo-jumbo," Joker said.

"Big risk there Joker but... that is what Shepard would have wanted." Garrus said, "Let's just hope their agreeable," he commented, they all looked at the Beyonders and one Beyonder put a hand to his ear and they heard crackling as he activated a loud speak of his own.

"To all you single bodied creatures, we, The Beyonders, are not to be trifled with nor bargained, there is only one offer to be made you will serve under us or die. You are all imperfect, and weak beings of body and soul while you burn we will live on passing beyond the void. We will be there beyond you, and beyond the laws of time and space! Die!" Suddenly a beeping was heard Joker instantly saw a M-29 Cain charging.

"At least you tried... now you guys might want to move the ships back a bit." Garrus said, Jack and the others complied they all put their screens on Garrus and saw him aiming. "Let's see if I can break my current record," Garrus said. He then pulled the trigger, everybody watched as the thermal bullet exited the gun barrel flew through the air and hit the Cain directly on the energy charger that powered the missile this caused a chain reaction which caused the Cain to explode violently causing it to vaporize the remaining Beyonders. Garrus smiling put on the loud speaker, "Its official I am the best damn sniper in the universe and this is my favorite spot on Tuchanka!" Garrus announced.

"Garrus... that cruiser is no part of Tuchanka last I checked." Came Wrex's voice, from the road several of Krogan transports.

"Details, Wrex, Details," Garrus said switching back to the channel.

"Where's Sheaprd?" Wrex asked.

"I'm here..." Came Shepards voice from the wreckage Shepard walked back in her armor she was limping slightly as Jacob, Grunt, and Liara came out with Tali and the other Quarian. "Set the Normandy down I got an idea." Shepard said, she continued to limp forward but her step was becoming better as her strength returned.

"Good to see you made it Shepard we've had a change in weather, lot of hot air blowing around," Wrex said as he exited the lead vehicle.

"I'm sorry, but who was it that made a sniper shot, more than 50 yards away, on a flying cruiser, that caused a massive nuclear explosion this guy right here!" Garrus said looking proud.

"Nice shot Garrus but you ain't the best yet, wait till my time to snipe comes up," Shepard said she walked forward behind her Liara came with the two Quarians in stasis. Jack who had come out of her cruiser looked at the bodies around.

"Holy shit you seen some of these guys? They're hung like... like an elephant or something!" She said.

"Yeah tell me about makes Krogans look miniscule in comparison." Garrus said.

"Whatever seems to me that these guys are playing hardball at the moment... though if they wanted to they could probably breed themselves an army... so why haven't they?" Wrex said.

"We'll talk about it later we need to get Tali and her friend to the infirmary." Shepard they all nodded as EDI landed the Normandy and they boarded.

-In the Normandy Med Bay-

"Shepard... it's not looking good..." said the holographic image of Dr. Chakwas, Dr. Chakwas was currently using a newly developed system allowing a human to operate a robot that would produce a holographic image by reading the bio-circuits inside. "They both have been heavily infected and their suits rupturing mechanisms have been destroyed they have an hour at the most." She said.

"It's ok I have an idea." Shepard said.

"What kind of Idea?" Garrus asked.

"I'm gonna do to them what I did to Joker... I'm gonna remove their weak antibodies and replace them with stronger and more effective ones, if I do this right they should be able to live without suits... ever." Shepard said.

"Whoa, whoa, you got sick last time and you almost suffered my condition. The Quarians weak immune systems could kill you possibly!" Joker said.

"That's a risk I'm willing to take." Shepard said she walked forward to the Quarians who were in stasis pods when she felt a hand grab her arm.

"I'm not," Wrex said, "I've approved of your ways for a long time Shepard you're a good person probably the best human being ever to walk the earth but I won't allow you to risk death yet again."

"Wrex..." Shepard started when Wrex headbutted her Shepard staggered back clutching her bleeding nose.

"Shepard, you do not need to do this you've sacrificed enough as it is, and that was enough once, now you need to stand with us to fight this enemy." Shepard stared at Wrex the others shocked by this sudden hostilities Shepard's body glowed and the nose was back to normal the blood absorbed into her skin.

"Wrex I appreciate the concern but... I won't die... not if I have your help. I'm gonna need some of that famous Krogan strength. Tali and her friend are allies we cannot lose we'll need everything to fight the Beyonders." Shepard said. "Trust me as your sister," Shepard said, Wrex stood there for a moment then he closed his red eyes and sighed.

"Fine... but if you die I'm gonna make sure that I beat the crap out of you when it's my time." Wrex said.

"Ok Wrex that's a deal," Shepard said. "Doctor, open the pods." She said walking to the pods.

"Shepard?" Dr. Chakwas hesistated.

"Do it Doc. Shepard knows what she's doing..." Joker said, Doctor Chakwas stared at Joker then she nodded and opened the pods. Shepard walked to the two and she sighed.

"Ok let's try this..." Shepard said, she closed her eyes and placed her hand on their semi-bare arms a result of the crash no doubt and she concentrated. She tried to remember what she felt for Joker when she did this. She reached into them feeling their body through senses alone her mind seeing the inner workings of the two, she went deeper flooding into them and found what she was looking for. The DNA of the Quarians which due to lack of exposure had degenerated the immune system. But Shepard was going to change that, she grabbed the DNA and bulked it up making the cells and the immune system stronger, hardier, and able to adapt quickly. As she did this she took the bits and pieces that would render this change useless. As she did she felt her body flicker as she weakened but she had done what she needed to do and withdrew herself.

"Shepard!" She hear Wrex shout she felt his hand grab hers, she widened her eyes as she felt her hand latch onto him and her senses sank into Wrex. Wrex grunted as Shepard began to absorb him drawing his life force out. She quickly pulled her hand away and the two staggered back. Shepard felt her head hit the pole and she blinked in surprise. The men were looking away while the women crowded Shepard.

"Hey you ok? What happened?" Jack asked, Shepard panted the looked at her hands.

"I... I don't know I was fading and then..." Shepard closed her eyes then opened them. "Wrex!? You ok?" She asked.

"Ugh... yeah but... feel tired for some reason." He said.

"Shepard I had been monitoring your situation, and I have a hypothesis though I do not think you will like it..." EDI said.

"Go ahead," Shepard said preparing herself.

"While you were interacting with the Quarians your vital signs dropped rapidly it is during this time that your body began to fade. Using your powers is affecting your life force the more strenuous tasks cause a massive drop in your power and as such a massive drop in your life signs. Which means..." EDI drifted Shepard already knowing what the missing bit was and filled in.

"Which means if I use all of my powers, I'll die... sound about right?" Shepard asked.

"Yes... Also when Wrex touched you his vital signs dropped significantly while yours increased rapidly. It seems... you were... absorbing his life force to fortify your own." EDI said. Shepard sat there taking in what she heard. Then she stood up and walked out.

"Shepard," Liara called and tried to grab her but Samara grabbed her hand.

"Now is not the time," Samara said, "Later... for now she must think this is something that she needs aid later not now." Samara explained.

"...Yes you're right... But..."

"Heh now she definitely has Krogan blood in her, I'd rather she survive over me," Wrex said.

"Wrex," Garrus said.

"Shepard has done a lot for little and she has done it with little to no complaints... There is a reason why Shepard means Hero to our people and why she is a sister to Clan Urdnot, she has done what no one would try to do, what they would ignore." Wrex said standing up again, "As far as I'm concerned I'm concerned Shepard is a friend to all beings... good or bad." He said. "Ugh... anybody got something to eat?" Wrex asked. Everybody stood there then laughed as Grunt scratched his plates.

------------------------------------------------------------------

???

Down the hall Advisor's Uhvansahl, Menzi, and Ukukua walked to the chambers of their ruler. They saw the four guards standing there one of the many Evoguards personally trained by their ruler. The guards stood aside and the door opened. As it did the sound of moaning, slurping, kissing and howling was heard. "Your Majesty, we have... troubling news..." Uhvansahl said.

"Go on," Said a distorted voice.

"Our forces have come across commander Shepard, heh heh..." Said Menzi his habitual cackle sounding.

"And...?" Suddenly a few of the moans turned into choked gasps.

"She... she has eliminated the force sent to capture the Quarian Tali'Zorah Nar Rayya the sound of choked gasps and a sickening crunch was heard.

"Well... I didn't expect no less... I want you to find out as much as you can about this Shepard... It'd be most irritating if she manages to ruin another one of my plans." There was the sound of footsteps and the advisors saw the shadows of the Beyonders moving away some dripping as they did.

"About that your Majesty we seem to have someone who has great information on Shepard that they would like to present to you, heh heh..." Menzi said.

"Then what are you doing telling me useless information? Bring the informant, this war is one with knowledge not stupidity," the distorted voice said.

"Yes your Majesty," Uhvansahl said, the door closed and the 3 left to get the informant.

------------------------------------------------------------------

More of an action than sex chapter but next chapter makes up for it! Also apologies are all I can muster I'm trying my best to produce but it's hard... I need feedback and comments if the flame is to continue burning... So please... put in your 2 cents.

Silenteye
Silenteye
122 Followers
12