All Comments on 'Maverick Cattle Company Ch. 05'

by reddirtwriter

Sort by:
  • 25 Comments
1brokNangel1brokNangelalmost 12 years ago
OMG!!!!!

How could you just leave it hanging like that....I love reading yur stories...definitly cant wait for next chapter, hope it works out for Josh and Zach and that they get their HEA I think they deserve it

TimothyMTimothyMalmost 12 years ago

I enjoy your series with Darrin and Mitch, and so sweet that Josh finally found someone to care for. But even though one must applaud your promotion of safe sex, I think it's over the top for two virgins to use condoms for oral sex. I would have preferred them to have had a serious and slightly embarrassed talk about their (lack of) previous experience and then decide to trust each other for mutual blow jobs (if that was logical from the innocence revealed). Anal is another matter, here I'm all on your side, virgins or not.

hk47enclavehk47enclavealmost 12 years ago

Another amazing chapter! I never get tired of Darrin and Mitch's hottness togther. :-).

Glad to see Josh met someone else after that scumbag Tony. looking forward to when Jsoh and Zack go all the way. Hehehe. :D

jeansguyjeansguyalmost 12 years ago

Again you gave us another outstanding chapter! The bit with Mitch shaving himself was funny, the sex scene was great and I sure empathized with his itching. The prom section was very well done and I hope the guys make it an annual event.

To a point, I agree with TimothyM about the use of condems for oral sex but considering Tony's character I probably wasn't a bad idea. I hope you plan to continue the relationship with Josh and Zach and if so, have them get tested then experience oral without condems. Until the should become a monogamous couple anal should still include condems.

Another OUTSTANDING job. Please keep going with this great story!

cliffgirl08cliffgirl08almost 12 years ago

Timothy, the guys already talked to Josh about safe oral sex which was one of the reasons Tony was such a loser- he was determined to take Josh without one, and Josh knew better. This was such a great chapter, and I like Zach, even if he did come on a little strong at first. I laughed but also felt sorry for Mitch about his over-reaction, and I was surprised Darrin was so cool about it.

TimothyMTimothyMalmost 12 years ago

Oh, I didn't forget about the lecture that Josh got from Darrin and Mitch, which was strict but fine, and yes I realized that it played into exposing Tony as a bad guy. So I didn't mean that they should just have gone straight for oral sex, but I would have enjoyed a description of them being on the bed after getting off for the first time and shyly talking about what they wanted and what was possible based on what they had already done (with others) and what Josh knew from the talk with his foster parents.

And somehow I feel that getting a blowjob to work with a condom is much harder than the story makes it out to be - even if they are horny as hell. I mean just getting the damn thing on for the first time is a nightmare (and I bet Zack hadn't tried it before even on his own). So it just made me feel that the realism of this story was sacrificed for a safe sex principle that did not make sense with two guys who are depicted as innocent and inexperienced.

I would have accepted it much better, if they had talked and agreed that even though the risk was minimal, they wouldn't progress to bareback blowjobs quite yet, and then they could have some fun fumbling about with condoms, that surely were a bit too big for Zack, given the description we got. But still enjoying it while thinking about how much better it would be without protection and hoping that they would get to that point, not just for the sex but because it would mean that they were in a serious relationship, which they both crave (or at least we know that Josh does).

Anyway, I'm fine with you all disagreeing (and I knew I would get told off :-), and I want to point out, that it is still a minor thing compared to how much I like this series and the previous one about Darrin and Mitch. But maybe it's because the story is so well written that the reader can really relate to the characters that I cannot help reacting to something that (to me) seemed more ideal than real.

sweetallissweetallisalmost 12 years ago

Longed and waited, as usual you deliver in spades!

Can't wait for next chapter!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
It's his story, they can use condoms if he wants them to.

reddirtwriter's story is one of exploration and commitment, and I, for one, applaud his commitment to the use of condoms during not just anal but oral while his couples are in the exploring stage of their relationships. Trust - and testing - comes when there is true commitment.

I love that fact that not just secondary but even fringe characters are well-developed, often with just a few phrases. While we may not have really ever needed to know that Karen spent half her calf check on her boots, it was a nice little throwaway that added to the overall description of the kids and their attitudes.

Very good story, very fine writing.

ikhneumonikhneumonalmost 12 years ago
How cute is Mitch?

"My husband kissed a twink, I have to shave off all my hair to keep my man!" His insecurity is so completely endearing, coming from such a macho guy.

He's gonna kill me now, isn't he?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago

glad josh is finally seeing some good action!

geemeedeegeemeedeealmost 12 years ago

I completely agree with Timothy about the condoms. But here's what bugged the hell outta me: Zach didn't tell Josh he kissed Darrin. That's kinda important, dontcha think? In all the talking they supposedly did, did it ever come up how Josh came to live with Mitch and Darrin in the first place?

avidreadravidreadralmost 12 years ago

Loved it. Glad Josh finally found someone who looks like a keeper. Also, loved Mitch's reaction to the kiss. My late husband was hairy and I just knew what would happen after Mitch shaved off his hair. It is ULTRA itchy while growing back. Too funny.

What I like best, though, is how real Mitch and Darrin's relationship is. They have problems, yes, but they work them out and resolve them. Afterwards, they even manage to laugh about them.

TimothyMTimothyMalmost 12 years ago

How old is Zach? I've gone back to the chapter, where he is introduced to Darrin, but it doesn't say. Assuming that he hit puberty and became aware of his desire for guys at the age of 13, he should be about 32 now. Seeing that we are told twice that Zach had 19 years of pent up sexual needs to let loose.....

Naah just kidding, I know what you meant, but it still made me chuckle a bit ;-) But I would actually have thought that he was at least three years older than Josh, as there is a bit of emphasis on the age difference and on Josh coming across as more mature even if younger. Normally I would have considered two guys of 18 and 19 to be evenaged, so I can't help thinking that a larger age gap would have been logical in the context of the story. And making it even sweeter that Josh is protective and Zach is a mixture of forward and innocent.

But I suppose I'm free to imagine Zach to be the age I like, if his actual age is not mentioned, so that's fine. Just wanted to ask if anybody else thought of Zach as 21 or so ?

hk47enclavehk47enclavealmost 12 years ago
Ages

TimM, My impression is that Josh is 18/19 and Zack is 19/20. but because of what Josh has gone through,he is more mature. I'm sure Red can clear that up. Lol

jeansguyjeansguyalmost 12 years ago
RE: Ages

You're right. We learned earlier in the story Josh is a senion in high school and Zach is in college. Darrin is a college professor...remember the kiss incident?

reddirtwriterreddirtwriteralmost 12 years agoAuthor
Zach's age

Yes, HK is right. Zach is 19/20 and just finishing his first year of college. Josh is 18. Darrin and Mitch gave him an 18th birthday party the previous fall.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Casey 1988

You made this seem like it could hapen whare I live. except winters are much hasher in my area.

lonesomedove66lonesomedove66almost 12 years ago

I am so glad Josh has found someone but ironic and cute that it is the guy who was adventurous enough to kiss Darrin, What I find funny is that you decided that Darrin and Mitch went out for dinner, and Josh still doesn't know about the incident... but in the scheme of things it doesn't matter I loved it as usual lol

fukmi_allnitefukmi_allnitealmost 12 years ago
Running aggressively scared

Zachary is by far the most aggressive insecure flight ready character I have read in a while. But love him just the same.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago

o this is thee best story ive read in a while.? i have loved reading this and look forward to more of it.? dinkyboots

coffeejunkie88coffeejunkie88over 11 years ago
Wow...

I love this series. I love all the characters. I'm also glad that Josh has found someone since he's had so much crap happen to him. So far this is a tie for my fav chapter in this series. The other fav is Christmas. :D

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

"Thank god!" said Darrin with a laugh, "I don't know how I'd of felt . . ."

Darrin is "College" - he needs to sound educated - make that "I don't know how I'd HAVE felt . . ."

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Last anon

Even educated people are more relaxed in their speech when in their private circle. While Darrin would probably not say that within his college-based work environment, it is completely appropriate at home with his other half-especially what with them being two country boys and all.

PleasepleasePleasepleasealmost 8 years ago
Last couple Anons...

Even those of us with an advanced education don't always speak in exact proper English. Would sound awfully arrogant between two who are in an intimate setting.

====

Loved how Mitch handled little Zach's apology and the whole "man to man" comment at the end.

Character development is awesome. It is also great to have a story that offers tears, tremendous laughter, etc. - the whole range of emotions.

PleasepleasePleasepleasealmost 8 years ago
The condoms...

Funny how some are so hung up on the boys use of condoms. Frankly, when one hasn't had sex before and/or never done it without a condom how are they supposed to know how much better it feels without? Personally, I like that the author had Josh following the guidance of his elders and it was especially sweet that little Zach was being safe as well.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous