All Comments on 'Maverick Cattle Company Ch. 08'

by reddirtwriter

Sort by:
  • 23 Comments
avidreadravidreadrover 11 years ago

Good chapter. As usual, Mitch and Darrin are great, but I wonder what's going on with Zach and Josh. I really thought they would make it as a couple, but I'm starting to wonder. They have a lot of issues left to work out.

GobletHolly182GobletHolly182over 11 years ago

woo hot as ever! i am pulling for zack, and the drama with him and josh is totes engrossing, but i love love that the slightly older pair are having the better sex. their trust and comfort with each other is realistic and romantic and i'm in awe of how you can write scene after scene of great sex without it getting boring. it WAS super hot how the younger boys were listening in aroused shock there at the end. i do like the possessive husband thing that darrin and mitch have going, but part of me wants to see a fan fic or something where d&m teach j&z a thing or two about enjoying it dirty.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

for some reason i couldnt get into it. it appears to be running low on intrest for me. please dont be insulted i love all your work but i found this lacking sorry,

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

Great as always with the right amounts of drama, hot sex and humor. Mitch's willingness to discuss his molester's perversion and Josh showing total loyalty to him were high points as well as the Kiowa ceremony and Josh's all gone wrong weekend. Loved Darrin reasserting claim on his husband, but what is up with Zach?

EMArnoldEMArnoldover 11 years ago

I find Zach a confusing character and I'm not sure how I'm feeling about him. Wiping his mouth after Josh kisses him, and then throwing up after oral seems fussy and majorly over the top, so thank goodness they didn't do anal... and I'm with Josh- his boyfriend getting off on hearing his parents have sex is concerning because it cannot be a shared turn-on, and it raises red flags about boundaries and attraction...

Darrin, Mitch, and Josh compliment each other (as fathers and son) but honestly I don't see Zach fitting into this little family. Right now I'm on the fence about the long term potential for Zach and Josh- Josh is Zach's first, and Zach is Josh's first positive experience, but neither of these factors necessarily equal forever.

We shall see.

Great writing as always! Cheers!!

flowergurl17flowergurl17over 11 years ago
awesome

Loved it. Totally agree with EMArnold about Zach and Josh.so happy to hear about mitch's past. Thanks for the great story can't wait for more.

HeifelHeifelover 11 years ago

Amazing as always:-) Just love these guys.. I'm happy that, that creepy childmolesting bastard Steve got killed and for the fact that Mitch is such a strong character. Nice to see Josh beeing protective about his "dad". As for Zachs behavior in the end.... Might he still be somewhat infatuated with Darrin????

Would love a faster posting rate though. Can't wait for next chap;-)

GobletHolly182GobletHolly182over 11 years ago
fangirling it up here

and defending a favorite ship to the death:) people, have faith in zach! he's had a cleanliness obsession since we first met him - he equates homophobic reactions to the face his mother makes when stepping in fresh cow shit, he was ashamed of wanting to sniff josh's feet, he immediately ran for a towel the first time they came together, and right after the second time, and every time after that. even josh has noted zach's cleanliness obsession, without thinking anything of it. the boy has issues, can't argue that, he's vulnerable and insecure and surrounded by inhibitions, but his heart is in the right place and i have great faith that he can learn to love the taste of josh's cum. /rant

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

I think it's a little rich of Josh to have the reaction he did to Zach's excitement at the end. After all, it wasn't that many chapters ago that Josh had his own fantasies about Mitch and Darrin.

Otherwise great chapter although my attention wandered a bit during the ceremony.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
I just love this series

Okay, I may be in the minority, but the poor boy Josh and his dealing with the calf and momma and heifer and bulls just made me laugh and laugh. That was a highlight of this chapter for me.

And I hope Zack and Josh work it through. It is pretty much young love to a T.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
faith in zach

I agree with GobletHolly182 and Anonymous, Josh had his own fantasies about his... now dads a few chapters back, and for Zach, after all, Mitch and Darrin are just two guys who were having sex. I do like Josh and Zach, I think they are good for each other and have faith in their relationship.

Great chapter.

RedAceGirlRedAceGirlover 11 years ago

Love D and M together, they were made for each other. Can't wait to see what is in store for them next. Hopefully nothing to cause me to grab the tissues.

As for Josh and Zach, they are so cute. They are so opposite sometimes, it is hard to say which way they will go. And the ending with them... I think Josh could be worried for a few reasons. There was the thing about Zach having a crush on Darrin, and maybe Josh thinks he still might have it. Then Josh could have been trying to not think about D and M like that, because he wants them to be his dads. (Which they are his dads now, but no one wants to think about their parents doing it, let alone hearing it and then having sex because it turned them on.) Or he could have been worried that Zach might be thinking about other guys, and wonder off looking for something else.

Now I could be wrong about the whole thing, but that's what I thought.

TimothyMTimothyMover 11 years ago

Back in the Wrangler Butts (Ch 6) we were shown what a good relationship Mitch had with his parents and how accepting they were about their son being gay. I'm finding it hard to believe that Mitch could have been molested for years by a friend of his parents without them ever being told. Though I know that child molesters are very good at convincing their victims to keep it secret.

However, Mitch also told Darrin that he had had a friend stay the night when he was 16, and they had sex so loudly that Mitch's dad commented on it the next morning. How does that fit with Mitch now saying he came out during senior high (when he was presumably 18 or close to that age) and got rid of Steve ? And I'm guessing that the prom Mitch is talking about must be his junior prom unless Steve managed to get at him one last time at the end of his senior high school year (where Wiki says the prom takes places).

But most of all it's hard to reconcile the image Darrin got of Mitch then as a well adjusted, sexually active teenager with the selfhating sexually abused Mitch we are presented with here. Oh well, it's probably better not to speculate too much, but just enjoy the story. At least Steve got his just deserts.

And I totally symphatize with Zack, I really dislike the taste of cum too. But he should have been honest with Josh about his worry about full oral, that would have hurt the relationship less than what happened now. Hope they can find a way to be happy together.

reddirtwriterreddirtwriterover 11 years agoAuthor
Response to TimothyM

TimothyM, I felt that I needed to respond to some of your comments regarding the sexual abuse.

First, I would say that I did not write this into the story lightly. But through my research and feedback from victims of abuse, I have been told my scenario is very plausible. But to address a few specific points . . .

You pointed out that Mitch had talked about a night of a sleepover when he was 16 and his father commented on how loud they were. At 16, Mitch would have been being abused for 4 years and, as the character points out in the story, has had a lot of time for the threats to become engrained. Victims of abuse become very good at compartmentalizing their lives so they can continue to function while being abused. It's very likely that Mitch was involved in relationships, although the abuse would have tainted everything and as he said, for some it makes long-term relationships difficult.

Many times abusers are friends of the family or relatives and via threats and blackmail they control their victims. Sometimes it's through making the victim feel that it was their fault, that somehow the victim was forcing the abuser to have an uncontrollable response. So while Mitch might have been out to his parents, or at least his father, it is very possible only a few people knew. And the possibility of a public exposure could have been part of the reason that Steve maintained his control. I think you underestimate the control the abuser has over their victim.

A senior in high school would typically be 17 or 18. Proms vary from school to school but typically are held mid to late semester in the spring. We aren't told in the story the dates and ages when this all took place for Mitch. It easily could be that the prom incident was the final straw and afterwards he came out in a very public way.

At the end you described Mitch as self-hating. Nowhere in the story is there the indication that Mitch has self-loathing. Mitch's character is dealing with years of sexual abuse and like many people, working through it as best he can. The realization that he is dealing with an abuse past should not negate the fact that he is a strong character who is supportive and protective of those he loves and is open and comfortable with his sexuality. Like many of us, he has baggage that isn't completely resolved, and he was sharing a difficult time in his life with his husband and their foster son. Rather than self-hating, I would say it was a forthright and courageous decision on Mitch's part to share his story.

RDW

TimothyMTimothyMover 11 years ago
Thanks

Very good points, and interesting that you have thought about Mitch being able to tuck away his problem with Steve in a corner of his mind in order to otherwise function as a normal teenager. It certainly seems a very reasonable explanation considering he continued to do so later, so that no one (including Darrin) was aware that he had such a terrible secret to bear.

I'm sorry if the word self-hate was too strong, but from the things I've been reading about the victims of child molesters, they almost always end up with some sort of guilt and self loathing if they do not get professional help (or even if they do). As a matter of fact I thought the way you portrayed the reactions of Mitch in this chapter was utterly believable, especially they way he was reduced to his 12 year old self and then managed to fight back - at least mentally. And your description certainly gave the reader a vivid image of his anguish both back then and now.

Very brave of you to write about this, and I'm actually not critizing this choice or the way you do it, I just couldn't get my head around the seeming inconsistencies after reading the Wrangler Butts series again. I should have known that you had thought about those aspects beforehand. But I'm glad I brought them up, because your explanations helped me resolve my confusion. So thanks for taking the time to sort me out.

skpine364skpine364over 11 years ago

Hey, just wanted to say that I love reading about all the characters that you created and it is a good storyline. I am just waiting to see how Josh's and Zach's relationship continue to develop. Ok, hopefully that came out the way I wanted it to. Anyways.....

The thing I wanted to comment mostly was on the skinwalker aspect.. I am Navajo and the Navajo term we use to describe any skinwalker is Chiindi. I have never really heard of a snake skinwalker before (a coyote is described as a trickster and as some jinx of bad omen); but, I just know that when these people do out they wear skins and do some kind of harm to their enemies or people they don't like. The term that you used must be from a different tribe because that doesn't sound like navajo. The facts I am giving you is just an FYI; you don't have to go changing that part. (Some Navajos are like that. They would make you change that term or have you delete that part of the story.) Please, don't change it just because I made a little cultural correctness. I like the story line and I think that the use of skinwalker to identify Mitch's "problem" is correct because that's what skinwalkers do. They bother people, "haunt" you, and... I better not say anymore. LOL.

PS- please don't ask me too much about the Navajo traditions because I have little knowledge about it. And I know little Navajo language. I was raised through the church and was prevented from learning Navajo tradition. I guessed being raised through the church didn't help because I am reading gay erotica, LOL.

reddirtwriterreddirtwriterover 11 years agoAuthor

Hi skpine364,

Thanks for the comments, and correction. I appreciate getting the information.

One slight clarification, Mitch's character wasn't saying Steve was a snake skinwalker. He started out equating him to a snake in the anglo/christian tradition and then switched to him being worse than a snake, he was a skinwalker from the Navajo culture. But regardless, thanks very much for the comments and the personal insight.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Comment to skpine364 about Skinwalker

Don't want to push this too much, but I think what you are dealing with is a transliteration issue. Trying to represent a word from a language using a non-Latin alphabet (Hebrew, Greek, Hindi, or Navajo) into English.

"Clizyati" is a fairly common English spelling of a term for a very evil aspect of the Navajo witchcraft legends. I don't think you or RDW are incorrect, only differing opinions/interpretations/sources.

Try to get people to agree on the spelling of the Jewish Holiday sometimes called the "Festival of Lights", Hanukkah or Chanukkah or Chanukah or Chanuka, among others, LOL!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Casey 1988

I loved the story but the last part was confusing. It sounded like they were at the movies or something but I thought that Mitch and Darrin were at home? Besides that the story was well written. Love the Native American scene. I think you got the whole culture down well. I should know that being as there are plenty of Natives and major Native tribes in South Dakota.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
IT JUST BETTER AND BETTER!!!

Please write the nextg chapter. I check every day to read what my guys are UP TO.Love your writing cant wait to see what you add next to the story ..

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
wheres the next chapter

Please continue with this story..I check everyday..I can imagine what is going to happen next however it is not as good as your writing

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

Please please please keep writing about Mitch and Darren - just whatever you do, keep them faithful to each other, and keep them safe! I like them too much - if something horrible happens to either of them, or to them as a couple, I won't be able to read these stories again!

PleasepleasePleasepleasealmost 8 years ago
reddirtwriter - Thank you for addressing the abuse issue

Am so pleased to see that you responded to the commentary on the abuse issue. For those of who know the depths of such issues, it is quite obvious you have done your homework. On behalf of victims, survivors and all those who work to heal that pain I would like to personally thank you for including these issues in your stories. The more these topics are discussed by those who are educated in the matters, the more the public at large can be educated as well.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous