All Comments on 'Max and Rosie'

by peacekeeper25

Sort by:
  • 19 Comments
SonofCalliciousSonofCalliciousover 8 years ago
Tears

It is not often I am moved by a story to the point of tears, but you did it. I appreciate the way he remained faithful to the vows made to the one he loved, even though she was no longer there in the body she once inhabited.

You did an excellent job of capturing the essence of Alzheimer's, and you shared it with dignity and compassion. My daughter cares for dementia patients in a nursing home, but unfortunately, very, very few of them have someone who cares about them, let alone someone who really loves them. Beautiful job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Very nicely done.

Well written and thought through. Thank you for a truly touching story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Very good.

This is a well constructed story that is entirely believable. Well proof-read, too, with only a few mistakes. I caught a few changes in verb tense within the same paragraph but these were not distracting from the story. I'll go back and peruse your older stories. You write well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Bittersweet

I enjoyed this story very much, well written!

WindySwimmingWindySwimmingover 8 years ago
Loved It

Wonderful story. What a loving treatment of the major characters involved too. Well done, kudos!

firemanlitfiremanlitover 8 years ago

There is a very good book, "My Name Is Alice" about a woman who has Alzheimer's and how she copes with the disease. It is not any easier to read than this story. I do not remember the author. I gave it 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
This story is special

Extremely well written, perceptive, deeply touching. A quality gem.

JAUNTYOLDONEJAUNTYOLDONEover 8 years ago
Sitting Shiva !!!

It was very hard to read this story and not leak. I am 73 and though I have some short term memory problems they are fixable with medicine. My father was 84 when he died and we sat Shiva at my sisters house in Brooklyn. !!!

rightbankrightbankover 8 years ago
what a thoughtful and loving story

love and respect on all levels.

thank you

tazz317tazz317over 8 years ago
THIS TO SHALL HAPPEN TO US ALL

maybe not in the same content save the final chapter, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Reincarnation/Resurrection

This was poetic prose chock full of motifs and memories. As a man cares, loves, and grieves. His loving wife slipping away. And he must come to terms with that. And with life. As she is dying; he is dying. Robin comes in to help. And becomes a bridge between dying and surviving, between a deathbed and a resurrected garden, between an urn of ashes and a warm wonderful loving person with whom to share life. A thread of reincarnation runs through this, by Shiva! As Rosie fades, Robin becomes stronger in his life, and becomes the new incarnation of the woman/soulmate in his life. And with her careful cultivation, he is resurrected in a new life. And as motifs and mandalas go, a rainbow is a new birth...and what is a rainbow's end? unless it is also a rainbow's beginning....

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Wow!

This was a hard one, but worth fighting through to the end. Anyone who has ever sat through the final years, or months, of a loved one fading away due to Alzheimers knows how hard and how heartbreaking it is. This story illustrates it so well that I almost bailed on it halfway through because it brought back so many painful memories. I'm glad I saw it through, though, because the ending was worth it.

5 Stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
1*

No matter what the circumstances are I have always hated when the caregiver becomes the lover. Still do... good story BUT still the same bulldust. 1*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Good believable story, but it hurt.

My father had dementia before he died, it was very hard for all of us. This story captures it very (almost too) well. In response to the Anon above, caregivers in that situation will sometimes become lovers, both are going through the pain of watching the same person deteriorate and die, it gives them a bond, however grim. It is not bull-dust, but a believable and not unusual occurrence. Whether or not you approve of that kind of relationship does not alter the fact that they sometimes do happen.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Horrific and Great

Wow! Talk about gut wrenching. I've seen it from a distance but ,thankfully I have never been through it personally. I would hate to see myself put in Mac's shoes. I love my wife dearly, but don't know if I could be as strong as this guy was. Really gave me terrifying thoughts.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
The worst part

Is when they smile and laugh, and act like they are happy to see you.. But do not have a clue who you are.

rodryder44rodryder44about 5 years ago
Max and Robin

A sweet story about an all to common end to a great marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
NEED MORE!

Wonderful story, need another few chapters!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous