All Comments on 'Measure of a Man Ch. 01'

by chiangku

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
redlion75redlion75about 10 years ago

i couldnt take her back. she left them there to deal with the pain of losing the baby and then her without regard to how they would feel.she has not bothered to call and say hi,kiss my ass or fuck off since she leftthen when she does come back she will be all sunshine and lollipops while they will still not have had a chance to heal over the loss or feeling abandoned.whether she likes it or not 3 people lost that baby and she acts like it was just her.as far as she knows tad has never had time to grieve because he was trying stay strong for her.so she could kiss my ass .

tazz317tazz317about 10 years ago
WHEN DOES THE MEASURE TURN INTO

the acceptance of reality. TK U MLJ LV NV

small_town_girlsmall_town_girlabout 10 years ago
there's something about this story

@chiangku - i was drawn into this story in the previous book (Battlefield) and I still find it compelling on many levels.

First of all the plot is unique (i remember you said at one point it was somewhat based on a true story, right?) and the characters more complex and 'human' in their faults, but also in the care and compassion they demonstrate towards each other, than most i've read here on Lit.

On the other hand i do have some thoughts / comments for you to consider.

For one, it's still a bit rushed for me... can't put my finger on any specifics, but that's the sense i get when reading it.

Second, there are small details that pop-up that I'd have expected to be mentioned in Battlefield but can't remember that they were, like Trisha being Haitian and Jake being black; like Trisha being Charlene's friend forever and thus helping her raise Kitty...

As for the anonimous comment about not taking Charlene back - while I wouldn't go as far as saying that, I too am kinda pissed off with her.

i would have expected her to show *some* sign that she's thinking about Tad and Kitty... even if only by asking Trisha to let her know how they were doing, and to tell them she still loves them and is still coming back. I'd want Tad to try and call her on her cell, leave a message for her if she doesn't pick up. I'd expect both Tad and Kitty to be not only hurt, but also angry at Charlene's apparent lack of concern for them - at least to some extent.

anyways i do love this story still, and am looking forward to the next chapter. thank you for sharing it!

chiangkuchiangkuabout 10 years agoAuthor
Much more to come

Thank you for all the comments so far. This again, is only part 1 of a multi-part story, and there is a full 3rd chapter soon to be published which will further explore the dynamic and world that I have developed.

Like other authors, I have found myself in some ways trapped by the characters, who in a lot of ways, drive the story in directions that I did not anticipate. This entire story chain was originally just a fantasy that I had enjoyed with the original Londonkitty, more than 13 years ago. Now, it has evolved on it's own into a massive work that incorporates multiple layers of history, erotic fantasy, and real life situations and has taken control of it's own destiny.

Detail, expansion, character development, it's all there, just wait and see, read and enjoy. Once all of Measure of a Man has been produced, then the final part of this story will be unleashed to Literotica fans to enjoy and see just how my fervent mind works and how I conclude this tale of a Kitty and her life. Because after all, and when all is said and done, this tale is really about Kitty, everything else is just a distraction.

Many thanks to both @SmallTownGirl and @EagleJet1 for helping me work through some tough parts of this tale and develop aspects to allow me to finish this before it finished me, you will both be referenced in part 3, which will be published sometime next week once Literotica finishes pushing Measure Of a Man out.

-CK

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userchiangku@chiangku
'If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it.' Toni Morrison One of the best quotes I've seen and it suits me fine. I've not seen my style of erotica written yet, so I will write the stories that mean something to me and hop...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES