Meeting the New Enemy Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

'Our apologies for not giving you more of a break.' said Rafe. 'We're in a hurry so it's going to be a quick march.'

K'Kess spoke to Kamel who was in front of the line, then spoke a few sharp commands. Kamel marched in place and when the rest followed his rhythm K'Kess gave to order to march forward.

Tashee and K'Kess lead the way while Iloma, Naylee and Rafe took up the rear.

***

Tashee halted the march when it started to get dark. 'We have to wait here until morning light.' she said to K'Kess. 'Everyone can rest and your medic can check the others if he needs to. No fires though, we don't want to attract attention with the light.'

K'Kess nodded and released K'Kol while the rest was directed to sit down in a circle.

'What we do for food?' asked Iloma while she checked her backpack. 'We not have much and they too.'

'Naylee and I can gather fruits and other things.' Tashee said. 'Together with what we have left in the packs should be enough to still any hunger.'

They left quickly while Iloma, K'Kess, and Rafe kept an eye on the Eshe and made sure they understood that trying to break free was not a good idea as the Silth women were very good at hunting in the dark.

When Tashee and Naylee returned they were glad they found a patch rich in fruit and edible plants. The harvest was placed in the middle of the circle and the women, K'Kess, and Rafe dug in. Most Eshe looked reluctantly at the food but Kamel looked at K'Kol for a moment. They grabbed some fruit and a few leaves of a spicy scented plant and started eating. Mek'mel joined in and the rest dug in as well.

'They are a strange people.' said Kamel later when K'Kess stood behind him and the other Eshe were asleep. 'They helped Mek'mel and gave us food. The man is not Menuik even if he looks it.'

K'Kess sat down. 'They come from far away.' said K'Kess. 'I can't tell you how far because I hardly believe it. And they are very powerful from what I've seen so far. I did not understand everything they said while they talked about what to do after our escape with Iloma, but one of them with the weapons they use could kill an entire division of Eshe.'

Kamel turned to look at K'Kess with wide eyes.

K'Kess nodded. 'They are more dangerous than anything we've seen so far.' he said. 'But they care a lot about others. The man and the women were mortal enemies when they came here but they worked together to survive and eventually started their family. They try not to fight, but when they need to they will. Taking their children has been a big mistake and if they have been hurt I think there will be no stopping them.'

Kamel stared at the middle of the circle while K'Kess stood up and continued his watch.

12