All Comments on 'Men's Rights Activism in America'

by Samuelx

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
R M RoxingerR M Roxingerover 16 years ago
A breath of fresh air!

Thank you for writing such an important treatise on an issue that is very dear to my heart. We males today, whether we live in the US, Canada, the UK, Australia, or any other western society, feel disempowered, helpless, left out, etc. The 21st century could accurately be called "The Century of the Woman." Women effectively rule the world today; male politicians are their puppets. Whereas the outcast class of Martin Luther King's day was blacks of both genders, the outcast class today is males of all races. And the Gina character was very fitting for your story; we guys need female allies just as King acknowledged blacks' need for white allies in his "I Have a Dream" speech. I could go on & on, but thanks again for this essay, & 1000 blessings to you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
More "BS" from Samuelx!

I doubt that Samuelx is even 18 years old! He looks like he is 14 or 15 years old! Literotica.com needs to make him prove his age! If he is 18 years of age or older; then he is truly a psycho-maniac who is in dire of need of psychological help before he implodes or explodes. He over 500 short, abusive, nonsense stories over a very, very short period of time are a total embarrassment to writers of all types and in the process he is ruining the Literotica.com story web site. ***Interesting how periodically Samuelx and/or some of his juvenile friends now use a different computer with a different username and a different E-mail account to write complimentary comments about himself and his writings! This is very juvenile! Samuelx you are complete psycho!*** STOP RUINING LITEROTICA.COM!

JayiinJayiinover 16 years ago
You're a brave man

You're a brave man. I respect what you're trying to say, and I think, to a certain extent, you have a point.

I don't think you should have written this sort of thing from a woman's point-of-view. It was insensitive and mocked the seriousness with which you approach your subject material. It disrespected women and their struggles, as well as cast 'feminism' in an unfair and unflattering light. There are those women who claim feminism who are unfair in the judgments of all men. There are also lots of women who claim feminism who are very fair - and very outspoken about inequality of any kind.

You have logic in your arguments, however, I see just as many ads concerning mens health as I do women's health. I also see fewer men willing to talk about their health than women.

I look around me, and I see the women in my family, the women who are my friends, and I see what they've had to struggle through. I see careers they have been set back in because they are women; I see judgments passed on them for various decisions they've made because they are women. I have seen them and heard people tell them what they could and could not do because of their gender.

I've encountered the same thing. I'm a heterosexual white male who is a very skilled secretary. *wry grin* Talk about a hard field for a man to break into.

In the end, it is not a fight about women's rights or men's rights or rights for this or that or the other group. It is a fight to acknowledge all people as people and equal under the law, no matter their color, class, creed or lifestyle - so long as they do not actively seek to harm someone else.

Write that - and then you will have truly stood up for something, instead of just shouting and screaming, lashing about in anger.

But even I have to admit it took balls to write and publish that.

Since I probably won't make it back to peek at your essay again, if you decide you want to yell, scream, flame or otherwise rebutt me - jayiin@gmail.com.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Sooner or later

There are other ways of getting your message across The rate you and your friends are going will soon swamp Literotica,sooner or later someone or some organisation is going to sort you out ,believe you me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Ridiculous.

Perhaps I should preface this whole thing with, "Are you kidding me?" What I just read was trite, childish, and most of all, incorrect. I didn't realize that human rights meant that, when women start gaining rights that are equal to men, they are "prospering" or otherwise have it better than men.

<br><br>

<i>Women didn't have to register for the draft. They were the first ones off a sinking ship, as seen in Titanic. They were also the majority on college campuses and a minority in prison, in spite being a majority among the general population. Women's health issues were considered national issues while Men's Issues were ignored by the media and the Powers That Be.</i>

<br><br>

They didn't have to register for the draft because of the patriarchal idea that men go off to fight, women stay home and have babies. What did women do the entire time their husbands were off fighting the wars? In the factories, making the bombs and supplies and clothing and everything to allow you to fight it in the first place. The wars wouldn't have happened without women... unless you intended to be involved in hand-to-hand combat (when your opponent could easily shoot you).

<br><br>

There are also simple reasons for those being let off the Titanic, but you're smart, right? Using the above information, you could easily make your own conjectures, right? (Put it this way... women and children, one and the same?)

<br><br>

After all, apparently, you have the ability to change the views of a feminist (read: humanist) simply by walking away. Oh no, no more male attention, perhaps I SHOULD agree! This is easy to achieve, after all, when you're the one controlling the characters. It's ridiculous to assume such, and most feminists would laugh at your ignorance before agreeing with such straw man arguments.

<br><br>

Take your misogynistic crap ideas, your male "Powers that Be" (since the Powers always are, right?), and your self-righteous bullshit attitude, and stick it where it belongs. Hint: the hole's near your precious man-pole.

wonder_kittywonder_kittyover 15 years ago
creative but equally offensive

just stumbled across this and was made sick by it. exactly the kind of perspective on women the feminist movement is fighting. i appreciate the creativity behind it, but most women would disagree with this self-serving misogynistic crap.

wonder_kittywonder_kittyover 15 years ago
creative but equally offensive

just stumbled across this and was made sick by it. exactly the kind of perspective on women the feminist movement is fighting. i appreciate the creativity behind it, but most women would disagree with this self-serving misogynistic crap.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Meh...

A lot of this is the same ol' anti-feminist tripe you hear all the time. Try getting to deeper issues than, "women aren't included in the draft".

If this had been reversed and the feminist had walked away from the masculinist, what would the conclusion be?

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Dreadful

It's a shame you didn't research the topic otherwise it could have been interesting!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

Feminism is cancer.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSamuelx@Samuelx
I am Samuelx. I am Black. I am Male. I was born in Cap-Haitien, Northern Haiti, and raised in Brockton, Massachusetts. I now live in Canada. I am the one and only Haitian Trickster, and quite simply live only by my own rules. I...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES