All Comments on 'Meretrix Augusta'

by LilithHerald

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

Wow.

LilithHeraldLilithHeraldabout 8 years agoAuthor

# evebroughtanaxthistime & Anonymous - Thank you, strangely fond of this one.

DarkenningDarkenningabout 4 years ago

An intriguing and very effective story, but I wonder why it took two thousand years for Scylla to start hearing a call that took Messalina in only a couple of decades.

rogueKlyntarrogueKlyntarover 1 year ago

A little more information about Messalina:

Messalina was the wife of the Roman Emperor Claudius, who was intelligent but suffered from some unidentified neurological disorder that made him an at first doubtful heir to even one as insane as Caligula, his uncle. For this very reason he was placed as Emperor in the hopes that he would be a puppet ruler. This turned out not to be the case. Anyway, Messalina, born of a quite inbred but highly-placed family, was his wife, though she had supposedly many lovers, and may have ordered the assassination of several men who refused to sleep with her. Whether or not she had "many" lovers, she was caught with one, at which point she was ordered to be executed. After her death, the Senate ordered her name and image be removed from history, hence the relative dearth of information about her.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous