All Comments on 'Merrit's Merits Ch. 03'

by Heartgrind

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
seeker71seeker71about 13 years ago
Finally

I see what you are doing and I like it. It's is a slow reveal, that promises to be worth the wait. Bless you for your patience, but this is going to be torture for some. Each chapter you reveal a little more, and that fantasy of Merrit's was hot. I am hooked, you caught me, I'm glad I am patient. I will eagerly wait for each chapter to post and enjoy what new details there will be to glean. (Don't know if the pm went through)

Peace and joy,

Shell

HeartgrindHeartgrindabout 13 years agoAuthor

The private message did not go through, or else I don't know how to check my private messages. I assume they're on the forum?

In re-reading this chapter, I noticed a few sloppy mistakes, particularly in the leftovers scene, that I really should have caught. I'm a little disappointed in myself in reading this over, because it doesn't flow terribly well and I did some little things I hate reading.

The next chapter will take a while. I'm going to make sure it's significantly longer in length. A close friend of mine (and ex-boyfriend) has been my proverbial sounding board in writing this. He really likes what I've got so far, and is fond of my concept behind The Surreal. I've got quite a few complicated ideas to get at in the first scene there, and I'm not sure how best to engineer them all together, which perspectives to take and such. It'll be fun. But not as easy to write as these three short chapters.

WickedWendyDruWickedWendyDruabout 13 years ago
Yay!

Looks like they fixed your title! Awesome! Take your time on the next chapter. And you can post edits if you so choose. There are a few great essays up in the writer's resource area in how to do so if you decide you want to fix what you don't like in this. Just an FYI. I've done in it in my own work. This was good stuff, tho - I also enjoyed the fantasy.

HeartgrindHeartgrindabout 13 years agoAuthor

Actually, they only fixed half the title.

The intended title: Merritt's Merits

The title it was first posted as: Merrit's Merrits

The title it is now posted as: Merrit's Merits.

It's still missing a T in the main character's name.

Furthermore, clicking on my username currently displays a list of my completed works as follows:

A 3-part series titled Merrit's Merits

A 2-part series titled Merrit's Merrits

But they link to the same two chapters, with the same ratings and URL and title.

I guess I need to look at how to go about editing my own work. Thanks for the tips, WickedWendyDru.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous