Mia and Gio Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This was my favorite room. It had the hugest comfiest couches and they were all centered under a huge flat screen hanging from the wall. I had fallen asleep here many of times and each time I woke up in my bed.

"How was work?" she asked.

"It was nice. Pretty easy if you ask me. I should go book shopping if that's all I am to do. I spent more time reading than anything," I confessed.

She nodded and went back to searching for a movie. We settled on a lifetime movie about romance. I couldn't see why people adored romance movies. They were so freaking predictable and you almost always knew what would happen in the end. The guy would get the girl and they would live happily ever after. That wasn't how real life worked. Sometimes the guy didn't get the girl. Sometimes the girl ended up with a jerk. Sometimes she didn't get a happy ending. Sometimes the nice guy didn't win. He lost. That was how life worked. We had just gotten to the stereotypical rain scene when Gio appeared.

"Foods done!"

We got up and washed our hands. I didn't know Gio could cook and I certainly didn't know if I wanted to taste his cooking after his attitude today. He probably poisoned it.

"I love it when he cooks for me. It seems the only thing he inherited from me was my way around the kitchen," she said proudly.

"I'm not much of a cooker, but I'm willing to learn," I admitted.

"What do you mean honey? It's in our blood to know our way around the kitchen. I'm sure it'll come sooner or later. It didn't come for me until I was almost 21. If you're anything like me, you'll find you're a natural too," she nodded.

We took our places at the table and said grace.

"Mamma, she's not your child. She won't inherit anything you've passed down," Gio pointed out.

"Oh stop that nonsense son, of course she's my daughter. We're practically twins! We look just alike," she boasted. "I don't know about you though Giovanni. You don't look anything like me!"

The only thing we shared alike was our love of her son's cooking. The food was delicious and that wasn't even a strong enough word to describe it. I was in love. With the food that is. Although the meal was so simple, spaghetti and garlic bread, everything tasted so wonderful. I closed my eyes and savored the meal. When I opened my eyes, both of them were staring at me. Sarah with an "I told you so" look and Gio with a look of pride and something I couldn't put my finger on.

"Everything is made from scratch Mia! Isn't it delicious?" she beamed proudly.

"It most definitely is," I agreed.

I felt Gio still staring at me, so I looked back at him and saw his expression. I couldn't describe it, but it made me hot to the core. I knew better than to lust over him again, but the way he was looking at me made me want to jump him right at this table. I had to get it together.

I don't know how long we looked at each other but when we broke away my face was hot and red. I could just feel the blush the under my surface. I kept my eyes on my plate and when I looked up again, so did Gio. We made eye contact and I instantly looked away whilst he cleared his throat. The food was really good but now my interest was in something else. I felt someone staring at me and looked up to see Sarah looking at me with the strangest expression.

"What's wrong Sarah?" I asked.

"Oh nothing dear! I just couldn't help but notice how much we look alike," she chuckled.

I looked at her and could see the gears in her head spinning. I watch a smug smile settle onto her features before she excused herself to the bathroom. Now it was just me and Gio eating.

"Your mom is hilarious," I said making small talk.

"That she is Mia, that she is," he replied.

I could feel my nipples harden at the way he said my name. I shouldn't want him, but God I couldn't help it! I craved him in the worst way.

"You're a VERY good cook Giovanni," I admitted. "I wish I could learn this skill myself."

"My mother seems to believe that you'll inherit those skills from her in a few years. I'm starting to believe that she actually thinks she gave birth to you and not me," he laughed.

His phone rung and he excused himself while answering it and running his hands through his hair.

"What are you talking about Tony?" he asked. "She did WHAT?! Thanks for telling me man. I'll handle it. Just make sure you delete it before anyone else see's it."

He hung up the phone and sighed loudly before massaging his scalp.

"MAMMA!" he yelled.

Sarah came back in the room looking sheepish and took her seat. However under the surface I could sense her happiness.

"It was just a picture Gio," she explained. "Lighten up."

"It wasn't the picture ma, it was the caption under the picture! You can't go saying things like that and not expecting anybody to say anything," he explained with his hands.

"But Gio, it was a lovely picture and you 2 looked so nice and happy! I got 12 likes Gio! A lot of people even shared it! I'm Facebook famous!"

"Ma, whatever you're up to, stop it right this instant!"

I watched the exchange between them with much curiosity. She had posted a picture with him and someone else?

"It was just a picture for crying out loud son! It wasn't supposed to imply anything."

"You called her my caramel coffee cake and said we were newlyweds expecting a baby! Ma! You even hash tagged interracial relationships, jungle fever, chocolate and vanilla, and swirl! You can't do things like that! Where did you even learn these things?"

I dropped the fork and stared at her with my mouth open. She didn't! She wouldn't! It had to be another explanation for what he was saying!

"Ma, Mia and I aren't a couple. WE don't see each other like that," he said grabbing her hand.

Speak for yourself Vanilla! I was definitely interested in you. Not that I would admit that little fact out loud. Hashtag not happening. Still, she was wasn't far off the mark.

I took her other hand. "It's true Sarah. He's just doing me a favor. Kind of like a brother would do for his little sister," I said choking the words out.

I could tell she didn't believe us, but she nodded anyways.

"Fine. Break my heart why don't you?" she said sadly. "Can I at least watch a movie with my favorite child? And you too Gio?"

I laughed loudly at that and hugged her. She had done so much for me. She was always so nice to me. She even thought I was good enough for her son. She was an angel!

We all went into the living room and looked the huge movie selection. I sat on the couch and decided to let them pick. Gio must've had the same idea as me because he sat on the same couch as me and shook his head. He was smiling so I could tell he wasn't mad.

"I have just the movie! Let me go get it," she said running out the room.

We sat there quiet and awkward while we waited. This was just like the car. Now after remembering why the car ride was awkward, I felt even more awkward. I can't believe we got heated like that. The lights darkened and Sarah's form was standing in front of the TV.

"What movie is it?" I asked.

"Don't worry about it. It's a surprise!" she giggled.

I got comfortable on the couch and stretched out. My feet ended up in Gio's lap and I moved them quickly. I ended up just doing the fetal position. Sarah settled on the opposite couch and pressed play on the movie. Right away I could tell I had no idea what we were watching.

A phone rung and Sarah answered in hushed tones while the couple was walking in the park.

"I have to run kids. There's something up with a friend of mine and we're meeting at my house in 20. I'll have to see you 2 later," she said getting up.

She paused the movie and got up to turn the lights on and looked sad as she gathered her things. "Maybe another time," she sighed in defeat.

We walked her to the door and gave her hugs and kisses. Gio walked her out and I settled back onto the couch. Gio walked in and sat next to me and shook his head.

"She's going to be the death of me Mia, I just know it," he said gloomy.

He stood up and I noticed how his back muscles looked very nice in his wife beater. He definitely had some muscles going on.

"I'm going to handle some business. I'm sure you'll be fine," he nodded.

"I will. See you tomorrow. What time should I be ready for Tony tomorrow?" I asked hoping he changed his mind. We had just coexisted on the same couch with no funny business.

"10."

"Ok, goodnight."

He walked out the room with a final look and I scooted to the floor to pick another movie when I heard the front door open and close. I yawned and realized I was tired after all. I quickly turned all the lights off and ran upstairs to my room. I really didn't want to be alone, but I had no choice. After setting my alarm for 9, I settled in bed and stared at the ceiling. I really would've rather been with Gio right now.

I couldn't pinpoint the exact moment I started falling for him. I really couldn't even believe it. He had thrown me so many mixed signals, I was starting to get a headache. The best thing for me to do, would be to purge him from my heart. I really had no reason to like him. He hadn't shown any interest in me before today and vice versa. I couldn't figure it out. It had to be his mom influencing me. She was transferring her emotions on me.

"Mia, are you up?" Gio asked through the door.

My body tingled at the way he said my name. I needed to get him out my system as soon as possible. I was going to cause myself great bodily harm.

"I am," I said sitting up in bed.

He looked so beautiful walking through the door. He also looked like he was tired and ready to pass out. How long had I been lying here? He didn't turn on the light, instead leaving the door cracked so that the light from the hallway came in. I was aware of every single movement he made. So close yet so far. What attracted me to this man? Even though he sat at the end of the bed, I was nervous. I was nervous and when he licked his lips, I was wet.

"I want to apologize for my behavior today. I shouldn't have kissed you," he started. Who apologized for kissing someone? I was definitely going to get over this crush, even if it killed me. "I don't want you to have any confusion about me. I'm not a good guy. I'm not one the guys you see in those movies looking for love. I don't want anything between us Mia."

"I don't want anything from you either Giovanni," I lied.

Well that wasn't even convincing to myself. My voice even shook when I said it.

"I'm not trying to hurt your feelings Mia. I'm just not someone you should fall for. This is coming out wrong. Look, I'm just trying to nip this in the bud before it becomes a problem. You're 18. I'm 23. Our thought process is too different. We are on 2 different levels. You can understand that."

I tucked my hair behind my ear and rolled my eyes. He was trying to let me off easily. Well little did he know, I was trying to let myself off too.

"I think it would be best if we saw as little as each other as possible until you're over this. I've also arranged for my mother to go away for a while. It seems that her time with you is clouding your head and I want to make this as easy as possible. Mia, I'm the guy in your nightmares. I'm the guy that your parents warned you about."

He sounded like a corny movie. He also was putting this all on me like I attacked him.

"Sarah has nothing to do with anything. And I don't have feelings for you Gio. I reacted towards you the way I did, because you had me pinned on a table finger popping me! Any girl would react. Calm down. I'm not going to start sending you love texts and making you dinner."

He stared at me and nodded. It seemed that I had done a good job of convincing him that he was just overreacting as usual. He stood up and was about to say something before walking out the room. He would have to be a fool not to feel the chemistry between us. But I was determined to get over this so I locked my feelings up and said fuck it.

--

I had been at work for an hour and had yet to see even a glimpse of Giovanni anywhere. I tried to keep the pout of my face, but I was going through the worst withdrawal. After enduring the ride to work this morning, I deserved a little reward! Tony was such an ass. He didn't even wait for me to get in the car, before speeding off. When I tried to make conversation, he told me to shut up and turned the music up.

The elevator dinged and I brightened up at seeing the object of my affection in a suit again. He didn't have to talk to me, but just seeing him did something to my mood. This was a sad situation.

Imagine the look on my face when he walked in and I saw that he was not alone. A tall, beautiful, curvy redhead was attached to his arm like it was her oxygen supply.

"Hello Mr. Reyes. Hello Miss," I said politely.

"Mia," he acknowledged. "This is Lilith Grace Sommers."

The woman looked at me and smiled a small smile before turning her attention back to Gio. It was obvious that she was appreciating his face. That made 2 of us.

"I need you to book Lilith a couple of appointments. I need a hair, spa, and nail appointment for today at 6. An appointment for a dress and shoes tomorrow and contact Tony for the name and number of our personal jeweler," he prompted.

That was very vague. Where did he want me to book these appointments? With what phone? With whose connects? For what occasion?

"Should I contact a certain type of dress shop?" I asked. I wanted more information.

"I need the dress to be appropriate for an outside occasion. She's accompanying me to a business associates wedding Friday afternoon, so the sooner the better. She can give you the rest of the details, I have to get to the club for a meeting," he instructed.

He turned to Lilith Grace Sommers and kissed her lips before whispering something in her ear. I could've thrown up all over this floor right now. I lost count of how many times I rolled my eyes.

"Call me when you're done here," he told her before leaving.

I went to sit at the desk in the corner of the room. I hoped we could get this over as soon as possible. I really didn't want to have to be around this woman any longer than necessary. I didn't even know what I was supposed to be doing.

Lilith came and sat in the chair in front of the desk and flipped her hair. "If it's not too much of a problem, I was wondering if you would only book an appointment with Gigi's jeweler. I already had my own assistant book my spa and dress appointment with my own people. Other than jewelry, I'm set... If that's ok with you," she asked with a voice sweeter than honey.

I hated her.

"Of course. I'll set it all up and I'll let Mr. Reyes know the time," I informed her. I really wanted to ask her questions about the nature of their relationship, but I knew better.

"So how long have you known my Gigi?" she asked innocently.

"Not long," I offered. "He's nice."

"Oh, you'll grow to love him. I certainly did," she laughed. "I didn't think I would. His line of business was just so off putting to me. A night club owner. I was positive he was a heartbreaker. I had heard things. Imagine my surprise when he made it official with me after only 3 dates. Who would've ever thought that the Giovanni Reyes would settle down?"

I was flabbergasted. Is that even the right word? He had a girlfriend? His mother never mentioned a girlfriend. I had never heard of this girlfriend.

"That's awesome! Do you live in California too?" I asked.

"Oh no, I live in Florida at my parent's estate. I'm only here for the wedding. I gather I'll relocate here after Gigi proposes to me. I think that's what he's getting at with our date Saturday!" she gushed. "We went ring shopping earlier and he tried to be nonchalant but I knew!"

"That's so nice!" I choked out.

"You know something. You're pretty for a black girl! You should let me hook you up sometimes. It would be fun to double date right?"

"Thanks but no thanks Miss. Lilith. I'm totally focused on myself right now. I couldn't focus on dating right now!"

She nodded like she understood. I figured the conversation was over after she stood up and smoothed out her sundress.

"You seem like a really nice girl. But I see the way you look at my Gigi sweetie. Understand he's off limits to you and every other hoochie out here. Ok? I'm only going to warn you once. That money he's sitting on? It's going to be mine. Everything he owns? It will be mine. Now if you're on your best behavior, I'll let you keep your job after our wedding. So you can lose the feelings or you can lose the job," she threatened.

I was about to defend myself until she held up her finger and walked out. This was turning into a hell of a day. A phone in one of the drawers rung and I hurried to answer it.

"Hello?"

"This is Giovanni speaking. Did Lilith already leave?"

"She did. Whose phone is this?"

"Yours. It already has Tony and I programmed in."

"Ok. Thanks."

"Tony is waiting on you. Goodbye."

I hung up without saying another word. He'd given me an iPhone 6. I hadn't had my own phone in I don't know how long. One step closer to my freedom.

I gathered my things and left the office feeling happy. I would just make the best of this until I could leave and never look back. Tony was waiting for me and my good mood instantly deflated.

"Hello again Tony," I said getting in the car.

He just grunted and sped off before I even closed the door. He had absolutely no personality whatsoever. He looked like he killed people for a living. Oh wait, he did. Well he didn't have to act like it!

We pulled up to the house and once again, he didn't wait until I was safely out the car before speeding off and almost taking my soul with him. Stupid.

I walked into the house and saw a man I didn't recognize seated on the couch. I started to back out when he spoke.

"Come sit Mia, I'm Giovanni's lawyer and friend," he spoke.

I went to sit on the couch across him and just stared at him. Why did he have his lawyer here to speak with me?

"I'm sure Mr. Reyes told you about that confidentiality agreement. I'm here to go over all that with you and then have you sign it," he explained.

I nodded and he begun.

"Let's make this short and sweet. This only states that you will not speak of anything you see Mr. Reyes do to any other persons. Nor will you repeat any information obtained through Mr. Reyes. You will not blackmail Mr. Reyes, nor will you try to use anything learned about him to get him arrested. Simple and sweet," he finished.

He held out the piece of paper and a pen for me to sign. I really didn't have a problem with anything he was saying so I signed and sat back. Then again, I didn't really listen to him either. He was... average.

"If you fail to comply with anything on this paper, the results will be deadly. Surely you can believe that the best way to silence someone is forever," he smiled.

Ok so I heard that clearly. I nodded slightly and stared at him. Was he serious? Did he just threaten me?

"Great! Now let the real work begin! We'll be seeing a lot of each other Mia. I look forward to that. The boss wants you at the club in an hour so get ready and I'll send a driver for you in 45 minutes."

He walked out and I got the feeling that I had just signed my life over to the devil. Didn't dealing with Angel teach me anything?

There was a knock at the door and I was nervous once again. Who would be knocking on the door? Everybody had a key it seemed.

"Who is it?" I yelled through the speaker.

"Jacob Asloni," the cool voice answered back.

I sent a quick text to Gio letting him know Jacob was here. He responding instantly with "Why?" As if I knew. I was wondering if he knew. I opened the door and stared at Jacob. He was certainly nice looking. I could see why girls would fall for him. Dark hair, darker eyes, tall, pink lips, olive skin, perfect smile, a tiny stud in his nose, and those dimples.