All Comments on 'Michelle and Matt'

by ohio

Sort by:
  • 235 Comments
rnebularrnebularabout 7 years ago
Love your work

Glad to see more from you. Only nitpick I have is that you goofed up some names on page 2. 5 * thanks for the good read!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Not bad

Very bare bones, though. It reads more like a story draft than a story. Nothing bad about it, just not that good. Not up to your usual standards or up to the last story. Three stars for this one.

sandman666sandman666about 7 years ago
Chapter 2

Will there be a chapter 2?

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 7 years ago
A Sublime Literary Peradventure in Payback for Artless Honesty in Indulging One's Libido

I'd like to write a state of art scorching recrimination about Michelle's casual perfidiousness. But will have to leave it to those who at 20 years old who were a bit more aware of the big picture then I was.

Full marks ***** "

laptopwriterlaptopwriterabout 7 years ago
great story from a great author...

Not sure he wouldn't have gotten a big bill from the forest service but that's neither here nor there. It gets a little redundant constantly give Ohio 5*s but that's all I can give.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

That's it? Just ends like that? She's just a spoilt brat that has always gotten what SHE has wanted.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
It fell off a cliff there at the end

It felt like you quit in the middle of the sentence. I was going along pretty good until you just quit. The photograph description in the middle wasn't good, either. Three stars. I would have given four but I was nauseated from reading slampuppy's comment.

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 7 years ago
Why the fuck should there be a chapter 2?

An Engage woman INTENTIONALLY sees an opportunity to fuck another man SOLELY because her fiance is injured.... then lies about it THEN tells him in front of everyone else that she is going to fuck another man that night....

There is no need for chapter 2

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Good story

Four stars. You authors should really think about deleting Slamdawgg's comments. It costs you votes. He's such an asswipe that people get pissed off and down vote your stories because he comments on them. People are as sick of his shit as they were Bonny Taylor.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
I agree that Ohio is a great author

This was a long way from being his best story. This kind of dragged.

CrkcpprCrkcpprabout 7 years ago
Nice story

I enjoyed this offering you gave us author , as always your name means it's going to be very well done .

There were two name changes in there , one where "Anthony tripped over the log" should have been Matt . Also you called Michelle by Sandy once , but it was still easy enough to follow .

I guess in the real world , he could have been in trouble with the law over the search by the Forrest Rangers , but here in fiction land , it's allowable . Lol .

This had a Deja Vu feel to it . I recall a similar storyline but they were on a skiing trip. But , how many Strange Cars in the Driveway set ups have their been here . Only so many ways that cheaters can get caught .

Overall , I'd say my morning has been improved by reading your fine little yarn , and for that I say Thank You for sharing this with us.

0zed0zedabout 7 years ago
Excellent!

A little slow on the uptake, most guys would have started yelling and leaving when she told him she would be sleeping with Antony that night.

I assume he takes some time off to kick Anthony's ass.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Disappointing.

Run on sentences, using multiple semi colons, flagrant use of conjunctions and the idea that mom would drive 4 hours a day for horse riding lessons in Ohio? 2 hours lol take you damn near into any other state.

At that point, I was done.

You're better than this tripe you offered up.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
I'm just nitpicking...

... but this should've been posted in Non-Erotic. She wasn't a married woman, so Loving Wives was the wrong category. There wasn't enough descriptive sex to merit an Erotic Couplings posting, and there wasn't a hint of forced sex to allow for it being posted in Nonconsent/Reluctance.

But I can definitely empathize with Matt, and that made it an engaging read. The story ambled along to a predictable open-ended conclusion. The antagonist disappeared without repercussion, having served his purpose in getting Michelle to stray.

The story hit a little close to home: my girlfriend Allison went on a camping trip with her friends while I was stuck in town helping my uncle with his grocery store. I actually had a ring in my pocket, hoping to present it to her and asking her to marry me when she came back. Instead, she returned home with George Willoughby, his arms around her and her lips on his cheek, walking into Clara's Diner as I was eating breakfast. That was eight years ago.

I'm married now, and Marie's four month's pregnant. George and Allison aren't married but still together, and she spends quite a bit of money bailing him out of jail for DUIs or being a public nuisance (i.e. drunken bar fights). Why the sheriff won't just lock him up permanently and throw away the key is a mystery to me...

wylie236wylie236about 7 years ago
Not bad

Not a bad story - not great, but not bad. I realize I'm pretty harsh when it comes to scoring stories. I consider a "3" to be the norm for what I would expect of a competent writer in putting a story together. This story didn't really do anything for me other than being a good, well written story. I have to experience some kind of an emotional response when reading a story to give it a "5".

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
re: Nitpicking

Better responses in LW.

christmas_apechristmas_apeabout 7 years ago

i like the [authors notes]. i've not seen that before, sort of a little peek behind the curtain.

thanks! looking forward to more.

Justgr8Justgr8about 7 years ago
Nice

So glad there was no reconciliation, she was just too selfish and unfeeling to be given another chance.......

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
sluts and whores are sluts and whores, put a ring on em and they are still......

just a matter of time 5*

Richie4110Richie4110about 7 years ago
Another great story

I'm glad you're back and hope that you are well and can again entertain us with your talent. I have not yet found a story in Lit that moved me like " Old Dodge Minivan". This one comes close and the outcome was enjoyable.

Thank you.

harbormaster1harbormaster1about 7 years ago
always a pleasure

Early AM ...what could be better? Sunday, good coffee and an Ohio story. You are one of the best on this site. Keep up the good work.

sugnasugnaabout 7 years ago
Good

Another good story. Could have used more editing but still good. The only thing that was weird was him torturing his friends with his "death" and involving his family in the conspiracy. It was one thing to fuck with her mind, but the other kids on the camping trip would have been freaked out and could have become violent towards her and Anthony. Letting the word spread that he was dead to the home town was also weird. It makes him into a drama queen character instead of the thoughtful average guy he was portrayed as being. It might have been better if he had just packed up and left without staging a suicide. He could have gone home, stopped by her parents house, explained why they were not getting married shaken hands with her parents and moved on. Not as dramatic, but more manly and something he could live with in the future.

badinbedbadinbedabout 7 years ago
A little introspection?

I heard a former football player talking post-super bowl about Brady's possible retirement from the game and how to know if it's time or not. He postulated that you "have to look at the tapes and if you say 'Who is that guy? I don't know that guy!', then it's time to call it quits". I suppose the analogous thing for a renowned Lit. author to do would be to "read the stories"! Ohio, do you recognize "that guy" in your last couple of submissions?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
5*

Ohio, I always look forward to your stories, they are always among the best!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Many of us have traveled this road

some of us knew and some of do not know what happened in some the empty time slots of our relationships. After 40 plus years I still do not know what happened the day/night before our wedding.. I would bet my retirement fund on the facts I have developed in my mind....5

ju8streadingju8streadingabout 7 years ago

atleast he found out before they married

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Good author

Ever buy a book of short stories by a great author? Not every one is a classic, and in this case, this is one of those stories. Compared to his other contributions, you would not give this a 5. Compared to other very good works, I'm not sure you give this a 4. And like some other rafters, he will get neither just because he has comtributed great stories previously. So, this story gets a 3 because it is a merely average story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Wrong catagory,

should have been non-erotic

TheKrrakTheKrrakabout 7 years ago
And Anthony got away...

...clean - that's the part where this story falls down just a little. He should have been part of the vengence.

4/5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Shit

Looks like the cuck writer and his fan boys are back.

Tanz64Tanz64about 7 years ago
Welcome Back

So happy you're back. Great writing. Keep them coming.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Move to Gay or Trans

Of course gay boys don't keep the girl, she'll have a much better and fulfilling life without this snowflake. Anthony was the only real man in this sorry little tale of whoa is me. 1*

tazz317tazz317about 7 years ago
THE M & M SAGA

of stepping across the green grass into a patch of weeds, TK U MLJ LV NV

gldngolfergldngolferabout 7 years ago
Reimbursement

Now that he's not dead, the forest service wants reimbursed for the cost of trying to find his body. And of course there is the little issue of breaking the law by way of faking your death.

Welcome to Ohio, the state not the author.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 7 years ago
Good For Him!

"Matt, I'm ... well you know this, I've never, uh, been with anyone else, and ..." – Neither has he! How would she feel if he tried someone else, “just this once?”

He should have made her give him back the ring, and NOT promise to give it back!

“He had her on her hands and knees and he was behind her and, well, I guess you know the rest.” – So it ISN’T “just this once,” she had already done it.

I can’t believe that he didn’t take back the engagement ring when they saw each other at school.

I wouldn’t take her back! I could MAYBE (well, actually not!) accept the one off in the tent, but learning that she had ALREADY cheated would end it for me.

“To have sex with him some more. Telling you that, and then just walking away and doing it.” – And LYING about it, not admitting that you had already done it and LIKED it so much that you wanted to do it again!

If it had just been the time by the lake, especially if she came to him and confessed, I could maybe accept it as a one-time slip up, but to effectively lie about it, then TELL him that she was going to sleep with Anthony with a phony-baloney rationale, is the kiss of death.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Oh, so True

First off, I apologize for all the people writing negative comments. They've probably never had something like this happen to them. I thought that your character, Matt handled this very well and his ability to make her feel what he was feeling was original and well thought out. I wish I'd been able to think of something as effective when I went through a very similar situation. As always, you stories are tremendous. Please, KEEP WRITING! !!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Who tripped

You wrote Anthony tripped but it was Matt who stayed behind. I had to backtrack when it was suddenly Anthony who had gone on the hike.

Story was ok. I disagree with the comment that Anthony was the only real man in the story. Real men don't go around shagging other blokes women and then just piss off!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 7 years ago
Cuck?

How is it cuck?

He dumped her, that's not cuck!

As for Anthony, he only took what she gave him, he never promised Matt anything.

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanabout 7 years ago
Two comments

First, there are a number of name mix-ups that make the story hard to follow without backtracking and figuring what name the author actually meant to use.

Second, this appears to be the North American version of a Scandinavian story posted recently by a new author on this site. Read Friends Forever by Innasipo.

overthehillmedicoverthehillmedicabout 7 years ago
Good to see you back !

I remember the days when we were all much younger. We would do this to each other and think nothing of it. Nice story. Thanks for the memories... 4*

amischiefmakeramischiefmakerabout 7 years ago
Entertaining

and that's what it's all about. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Great news everybody !

After reading this nobody has to eat my used condoms. Very good story I'm glad Ohio did not go the HDK route and make the guy a cucky cream pie eater like HDK.

Also on a side note Stangstar06, please come back we need you

Sidney43Sidney43about 7 years ago

Someone posted that, "he didn't promise Matt anything". Are you serious, he seduced and fucked Matt's fiance, publicly and she was stupid enough to go along with it. He knew what he was doing, probably has done it a lot, so he is a useless human being. Yeah, I know, there are a lot of him out there and he goes on with his life and could care less about the relationship he ruined and yes it happens all the time. Matt may have, well yes, he did go a bit overboard. They do charge people for the cost of searching for someone who is not really missing you know. Nicely written, even if some of the premises were a bit much, gave you a five.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Shit happens.

Matt did the right thing, because later on, when she meets another hunk, she'll remember that first time with Anthony, and will want to experience that same exciting orgasm. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
4*

I liked it but prefer some of O's prior stuff where there is more emotion and not just a chronicle of events. Stories that showed the angst and agony of both parties and had a longer less clipped ending.

anon.1

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
So many weird and wired annoy comments, these people are pathetic.

Good story ,while not your best. Why any women who is with her betrothed or significant other can say to him I'm sleeping with another guy tonight in front of there friends .she would have to know that there relationship is over. Really doesn't fit. Does this really happen. .??? ...Not likely. That's the weakness of this plot and story. Is anyone that stupid? Most women who would do this fling would do it secretly.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJabout 7 years ago
What about Anthony

Anthony is a predator. He needs some correction. Matt is a popular guy. His friends are loyal and would probably love teaching old Anthony a lesson. He took advantage of a guy who was out of action which makes him a coward. Hey Ohio, how about just a little bit more on this one. I'm sure you can come up with a suitable teaching moment for Tony.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Welcome back ohio!

This site is now full of stories written to piss the readers off. This was not one of your better stories but is better than most of the stuff submitted these days. This belonged in non-erotic; we would have found it because of your following. Please stop interrupting the flow of your stories by referring to a caption to a picture that you saw on the internet. This story reminded me of RG's "The Bridge." Hard to believe Matt's return to the small town and college would not have spread like wildfire when he was presumed dead.

Thank you for your past work and I look forward to more stories from you in the future.

reasonable man

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Matt should send Anthony a Thank You card.

Anthony just happened to be the right guy in the right place at the right time. Sooner or later Michelle would have fucked with some other guy. Maybe some hunk at work, or a friend of a friend, just whoever else struck her fancy and aroused her passion. And it could have been after they were married, even after they had children. Anthony saved him from marrying an incompetent marriage partner.

Michelle is not simply immoral or unethical, not simply selfish or cruel. Michelle is too stupid to be any man's wife. She fucked Anthony out of arrogance and selfishness. But she rubbed Matt's face in it out of disrespect and ignorance. She fucked Anthony the first time because of lust and curiosity. She decided to keep fucking Anthony because he was such a great fuck. She stopped fucking Anthony only because he ended up being a bad fuck. If Anthony had continued to be a great fuck its probable that Michelle would have dumped Matt without a second thought. Nowhere did her commitment to Matt or her own dignity and self respect come into play. That's because she felt no commitment and had no dignity nor self respect. Anthony tested Michelle and demonstrated to Matt's benefit that she's not even an adult, much less a woman of integrity and intelligence.

Matt demonstrated his intelligence by asking for the ring back. But after a month of thinking Matt was dead, why was she still wearing it? A woman of integrity would have begged his parents for forgiveness and returned the ring to them. Again, she acts completely selfishly and ignorant, and cowardly.

Matt too acted very immaturely, and cruelly. True, he was provoked, but his actions were different only in form, not in purpose. Michelle wanted a great fuck, and cared less about Matt. Matt wanted to inflict pain, suffering, and misery upon Michelle, and cared less about the ramifications. How could Matt know that Michelle wouldn't kill herself out of remorse and guilt? He too took a chance for his own satisfaction without regard to Michelle. That are not equally guilty, but they are both guilty.

This was a very well written sad story of human frailty, cruelty, and revenge. I don't see how Michelle and Matt could ever reconnect, even years later. They would be like two opposing veterans from a past war, acknowledging what they learned from each other, but never forgetting that at the time of their conflict they were each acting in a way that could have destroyed the other, and at the time, neither cared. Very sad, poignant, and very well written.

Thank You. And thank you for allowing anonymous comments. Again you demonstrate your superiority to several other writers on this site.

katranmankatranmanabout 7 years ago
Happy!

I'm happy to see you back writing and posting again. I'm sure you'll get your groove back in time. Until then, stories like this one are a welcome change from the rather low quality offerings that have become all to common in the LW category. Looking forward to bigger and better stories from you soon, thanks in advance for writing and sharing them!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
dumb

dumb chick, dumb reaction, dumb story. *

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Is this real???

An ohio story where the guy is not an accepting cuck???

What is the world coming to?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Very...

Realistic; happens to way too many young couples that get intimate during highschool and then decide to "try" another either in college or later in life.

Cheating not only damages the current relationship but, every relationship there after.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Complete story

The calculated way she told him at the camp site that she was going to the other tent was the end. Good writing to bring this story to its logical conclusion, I don't see any other way for it to have ended. Michelle was a product of her spoiled brat upbringing and has this as her only lesson in life that actions have consequences. Will she learn from this experience could make for another story. Thanks for the good read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
good story

not as good as some of your other tales but im pleased to see you didnt reconcile them after such an obnoxous act of betrayal and humiliation. this bitch will do it again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Good story

First, glad you are back submitting stories. It raises the standard of what we usually see here. This is a good story, you took it the only way that it could realistically go. The faked death going on for a while was over the top a bit but the disappearance when she came back was great. I'd like to think he will move on and she will learn a lesson that she keeps with her forever.

mike9698mike9698about 7 years ago
Repent thy sins the end is near

An Ohio story that I kinda liked. Wow. What's next, maybe Matt will write something that I will give more than 1* to. Who am I kidding, that will never happen.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
An excellent story

I noticed it was said that she didn't get off often with Matt. But with the asshole she had 3 outstanding orgasms. If he took her back, sooner or later she would have cheated after they got married. He is one smart guy not to risk that

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 7 years ago
Nice

Matt did what he had to do. How could he trust her? She'll survive, probably become the slut she always secretly wanted to be. Maybe that's not fair, but it's a distinct possibility. I hoped Matt would have told her he himself had another woman but it didn't take away from the tale.

Five Stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
You really didn't think this through, did you?

First of all, faking his death this was is not a minor thing. Calling out the Forest Rangers to search is a major deal and, falsely is a crime. At the very least when it is found out he's alive and why, he'll probably be required to make restitution. There's also a very good chance he'd be charged, and it's most likely a felony. Good-bye any job that would require a security clearance.

<P>

Then there's the reconciliation. It just rings false. You did the two following statements as if they were equal.

<P>

"You betrayed me in the worst possible way, the most humiliating, even public way."

<P>

"People do dumb things occasionally—get drunk and kill themselves in cars, or get into stupid fights, or panic during finals and try to cheat on exams. Or cheat on their boyfriends, or fiancés."

<P>

Not even close. What she did was not dumb, It was cruel and self-centered. Despite her thoughts that she realized what she did, she also knows how far she can go.

<P>

You laid out absolutely no reason why he should take her back. You did exactly the opposite.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 7 years ago
Comments on Comments

@lance_spearman – You are right, this is very close to “Friends Forever” by Innasipo, even to the break-up conclusion.

@Sidney43 Re: Anthony – That was me, and I’m not saying that Anthony wasn’t an ass, only that he didn’t make any promises to Matt, Michelle did. The blame is all on her. SHE’S the one that should have told Anthony to fuck off as soon as he came on to her, at a MINIMUM not spend the night with him over Matt’s objections with a lying excuse.

@Anonymous 02/12/2017 Re: “You really didn't think this through, did you?” – Where do you see reconciliation? He took his ring back, they’re broken up.

MattblackUKMattblackUKabout 7 years ago
Thanks. Another 5* story from you

It worked well, and the conclusion was logical.

After all, how could he ever trust her again?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Well this WAS the wrong category.

I simply can't get past the part where they aren't married. Not good. Then I know for certain he'd either be spending time in jail or facing a hefty monetary fine for faking his death and having the Forest Service and others waste their time and resources searching for him. Really not good. At the end, simply asking for his ring back didn't feel like an appropriate ending. So many others were involved. Really, really not good. No repercussions for Anthony? By the way, you mixed up the names of the person spraining their ankle. You had Anthony spraining his ankle. That was just an oops.

Not up to your usual standards. Thanks for the story and keep after it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
He did not commit a crime. And he made the correct decision in dumping her.

Matt did not make a false report to the forest service. Others made the report believing the report was accurate.

He made the correct decision. It was not for forgiveness. Forgiveness is primarily for the benefit of the forgiver, not the forgiven.

It was about trust and risk. She demonstrated that she was not willing to go the 75% + in the relationship necessary for the marriage to be successful.

The question was his willingness to take the risk she would adequately make the commitment in the future. At his age and the amount of time he had invested in the relationship, she was not worth the risk.

LickideesplitLickideesplitabout 7 years ago
Faked Death?

Did Matt fake his death? Did he commit a felony? Does he owe the Park Service restitution?

Don't think so! Did he leave a suicide note? Nope! Did he call the Rangers and claim he was going to drown himself? Also no! Did he leave a trail of his blood down to the lake? Still, NO! What he did was disappear! He could not have been declared dead (until 7 years were up) barring ANY evidence of his demise.

Agree that the ending was unsatisfying, but any more effort to 'rub it in' would be superfluous and actually suggest RAAC. His indifferent tone and general attitude were spot-on for "I'm over you, absolutely and forever! Adios!". No calling her a bitch or cheater or slut (those suggest some lingering emotion) ... just "Adios!"

4.6 = 5*

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958about 7 years ago
Well done

Thanks for posting this story. Day after day, we see stories of degraded characters. They never seem to have a tomorrow experience where the pain of their idiocy falls on them.

Then, once in a while, one of newer writers post something that is actually a story, instead of just raw stroke. That's always a good day.

Then, there are the special treats when one of the legends posts something. Today was one of those days. Thanks, Mr. Ohio

rjordanrjordanabout 7 years ago
Good story

I enjoyed it. Gave it 5*. But I thought the Author's Note in the middle of the story was kind of bizarre. Not the note itself, but its position.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Matt's ankle

Yeah...pretty lame. It was written well enough, but the characters were more caricature and the plot was rather flat if not leaden.

Benedict12Benedict12about 7 years ago
Master of the Genre

As a skilled writer Ohio successfully deals with both reconciliation (Visting Richard Gronier and The Silence are superb examples) and ultimate breake up. This beautifully crafted tale reminds me of RichardGraves' story The Bridge. I believe a man's love can help him

work past his woman's infedelity but not when the act is flagrant and public. That embodies an extra act of cruelty that will haunt him forever. Matt had no choice but to walk away

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Have to agree with "blackrandl1958"

She made a some good points. Too often lately we get nothing but trash stories like the ones written by MindBlown75 and BrainGym that we can do without. It's always refreshing to see a story from one of the better known authors who make this category worthwhile. Unfortunately the trash authors outnumber the good ones.

Thanks for the contribution. Much needed. A little disappointed in the ending, seems to end abruptly, but overall a good read. (signed ML)

smmhomesmmhomeabout 7 years ago
Always an interesting set of characters or circumstances with an Ohio tale.

I have a bit more trouble (than usual with one of your stories) articulating why I found this tale riveting... but I did.

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
excellent

Although I'd fire your editor for the obvious (Matt tripped on the log, not anthony).

A nice little super-short tale of a man being a MAN

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 7 years ago
Enjoyed it

A very decisive read. I always wonder with tales like this - she may be sad now, but doesn't she ultimately come out ahead? The fact that she was willing to do what she did to her fiancé means that she really wasn't that invested. She wanted to see what else was out there. If the sex had been phenomenal, then I have no doubt that she would have eventually dumped her fiancé, or at least wanted to redefine the relationship to allow her to continue sampling other guys. His dumping her simply accelerated the timeline, giving her what she wants. It wasn't that good, and so she will temporarily have regret. But, she will eventually realize it's for the best. She wanted a hotter guy. She will continue to get attention from guys, now that she has her boobs. And she will eventually get her hotter guy. It must be late, because I seem to be rambling.

jasonnhjasonnhabout 7 years ago
Realistic

I agree with the comments that it dragged somewhat but I think it may be because it is more realistic than some of the "revenge" stories that have Navy Seals dropping in to clean house. Here is a quiet guy who was betrayed by an obviously immature woman. She betrayed him by having sex but also by humiliating him. Neither was done accidentally or because she was drunk. She made a choice and she just did it.

His reaction is within his character. He could have demanded his ring and left but he is not a confrontational person. In a real sense, he ran away. Yes, it morphed into a fake death but it felt more like he just couldn't face anyone. He was a cuck because he didn't confront the situation when it happened.

However, he recovered, slowly, privately. In the end, he got a form of revenge by making her suffer. He also recognized that a woman that could do what she did to him could NOT be trusted. He decided to get on with his life and leave behind his garbage. It all fits, it feels like real life, and all in all it's not all that exciting.

It's a good story but not a very good one.

Impo_64Impo_64about 7 years ago
@blackrandl1958 wrote exactly the same comment I would have wrote...

@blackrandl1958 wrote exactly the same comment I would have written...A good story, with @ohio explaining why he posted in LW a fiacée story. And I can accept it, even it showing what I always say: can be painful to end the relationship, but it's enough to say "It's finished". I also think he was a lucky guy finding the true about Michelle character way before the wedding. As some comment said: What would she thought and felt in the morning if the lover didn't got drunk and was a sweet lover all night as he was in the woods? It's a happy day in LW when a story like this shows up. 4*

Impo_64Impo_64about 7 years ago
Sorry about the error in the title...

It should have been: "I would have written" as showed up in text...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
re: anonymous-shit

Let me guess you're one of the BrainDead fans. Did you accidentally stumble on this story. Shouldn't you be searching for the willing humilliating cuckolds stories that you prefer.

Shouldn't be to hard for you to find them, they're been dominating this category for some time now. Why don't you enlighten us and explain your "cuck shit" and followers comment. Do you even know what you're talking about, or just like all of your kind, are shooting words straight out of your ass.

5* for an actual story, something the above mentioned anon doesn't know anything about

likeboblikebobabout 7 years ago

Good story, thanks for posting.

TwentysevenTwentysevenabout 7 years ago
The Right Outcome

Neither of these people are ready for marriage, in her case because of her ridiculous rationalisations and in his case because of his childish and irresponsible revenge. So at least we have the right outcome.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Pretty Good Story

Pretty good story. 4 Stars for the effort + 1 star for the sensible ending. What an awful thing to do to a person.

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 7 years ago
Well done.

Almost great. Still 5*. I always like more of a good thing. Absolutely loved his decision.

Seriously. What a bitch. I don't care. No excuse for her behavior other than pure evil.

So I wish I could have seen more of their lives and of course I wish Anthony would have had to pay in some form for his crap behavior.

GrandPaMGrandPaMabout 7 years ago
Missing dialog...

(quote - Pg.1)

A deep breath. Then another one. Matt said, "and if I say no?"

Sandy gazed at him, squeezing his hands tightly. "I love you, Matt, but I'm going to do this. And tomorrow morning it will all be done, and I'll be your love and your partner forever."

(/quote)

She started to lean down towards him but he put out his left hand to her chest just below her neck, stopping her. She looked startled.

Matt held out his right hand palm up, and said.

"If you're going into anybody else's tent tonight, it can not be with MY ring on YOUR finger. Give it back NOW before you go anywhere."

Sandy looked startled. and she sputtered "What? No! What do you mean?"

Matt answered. "You are breaking the trust between us - our exclusivity, if you haven't already. You have NO right to do that while wearing that ring and still holding me to my promises." He quickly removed his ring from her, putting it in his outstretched right hand. "So take this back and give me the one I gave you BEFORE you decide to do this. Anything less is a gross disrespect to both me and to the meaning of these rings and the promises they represent." He paused for a moment seeing her absorb his words. "Tomorrow we can discuss whether these rings belong on anybody's fingers. I will also remind you right now, that you have been my one and only to date, and if you are changing the terms of our exclusivity, I may seek similar redress too. It would only be fair, after all. So if you're so sure of the rightness of your intentions, and you can accept the ramifications of what it can mean to our relationship, just give the ring back to me and take this one before you go."

That (or something similar) is what he should have said, right then and right there. It would have been HER one chance to save their relationship (even though she'd cheated already).

Other than that, I liked it, but not a 5* - so 4* from me, Ohio.

sdc97230sdc97230about 7 years ago
Don't think so

"Give me back my ring," uttered too soon, would have been way too little. The demand for ring return was in exactly the right place, after the faked suicide and the weeks of guilt and suffering.

Of course, it could have backfired if she'd just shrugged and said, "I'm better off without him" when she saw his clothes on the ground...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
hello

a heard one but i think a good end

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 7 years ago
More Comments on Comments

@Lickideesplit -

Correct!

As had been said many times, the opposite of love isn't hate, it's indifference. To hate her he'd have to still have feelings for her, and he no longer does.

@Drbeamer3333 -

Excellent point! Just "seeing what's out there," while a shitty excuse, could explain the fuck by the lake. The "night in the tent" was to see if the lake was a one off, to see if Anthony might be worth dumping Matt over,

@GrandPaM -

Excellent! I think I commented that he should have taken her ring back with no promise to give it back, you said it much better!

P.S. I forgot to mention that the Author's Note was very off putting; it basically restated the story we had just read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Glad you're back.

Glad you are writing again. 5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
More Action Needed

Kind of a wussy way out - should have just packed up and left her that night. Although the additional woe put on her by the fake death was something different and good; but who reimburses the Forrest Service, etc for their search efforts?. I would like to have seen some retribution for Anthony - need to help make these "partner-stealers" accountable.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
1*

Where's the wife?

bruce22bruce22about 7 years ago
Excellent Story

Besides being resolved by a clear-cut Adeus, It should have convinced the cheater that

she is bad news. The situation described frequently happens and the attempt to reconcile when they aren't married is a major waste of time.

BobNbobbiBobNbobbiabout 7 years ago
Emotions and . . .

. . . reasoning. In this case Matt decided on reasoning through past experience. A future of emotional hope didn't offer enough assurance that some essential element of fidelity would persist. In a perfect world of perfect people is one mistake too many? Does one error in judgement assure that the next judgmental decision will follow the same path. Ohio has laid down his marker with this well told tale.

Good job of story telling.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

seems the ending is cut short, wondering her response to him asking for ring?

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 7 years ago
@BobNbobbi

It wasn't one "mistake"!

The "mistake was the fuck by the lake. Going to Anthony's tent and throwing it in his face with a lie was a deliberate act.

will2112001will2112001about 7 years ago
Good Story

Glad to see You writing once more. Why do I have the feeling this story isn't done yet.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Why??

The high scores on this story?? It's OK at the least but hardly a 4 or 5.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

It was three months later that the card arrived. It was in a plain white envelope and had a face that simply had thank you embossed

on it. Inside was the words “Thanks for fucking my fiancé.” Anthony smiled, remembering taking and fucking the kids fiancé. He even framed it. The girl at the framers was polite but did not smile. His buds laughed but some made a mental note to not bring their girlfriends around and never leave Anthony alone with them. Some buds just slowly fell away. The next one arrived at thanksgiving. This was different, it was sent to his mother and father’s house. Inside of the sealed envelope addressed to his parents was an unsealed thank you with the same 5 words. His father smiled, his mother went ballistic. “I know both parents! I see them shopping and in church.” Looking at her smiling husband only increased her anger. “How will I ever face them?” It didn't stop there, everyone heard about it. Dad was still smiling when the mother disclosed he had done the same thing to a couple but she was engaged to dad at the time. “I forgave you then and a few more times later but to turn my son into a monster like you is unforgivable.” Six months later she was divorced, took half of everything and got alimony for life. She never married again, she liked the monthly checks.

The letters would show up at different times. Once when he was looking to get promoted one showed up sent to his boss with the open thank you inside. He was engaged 3 times and each time his fiancé got a letter with the open thank you inside. Each woman broke it off.

When his dad died and he got some money he tried to join a local country club, in the hope of making some connections and getting out of his string of dead end jobs. He lost his $10,000 non refundable application fee was lost when each member of the board got a thank you addressed to Anthony.

Finally having enough he broke and shot Matt. 4 shots in the chest. Matt had 6 broken ribs but the vest he had been wearing for years paid off. The jury found each bullet constituted an attempt to murder and Anthony got 4 terms of 20 to life, to run consecutively.

Once a year, on the anniversary of the camping trip Anthony got a thank you card. Once a month Anthony's cell mate’s mother got her rent paid. At least once a day Anthony double fucked and learned to swallow and never had to worry about farting again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
He never claimed to be dead

Good luck trying to charge him for (or with) anything. Having worked ESAR, not going to happen. He simply left, as was his right at any time. That part was brilliant.

Yes, he left clothing where some might assume he was missing or dead. Not his responsibility what others think. They reported him missing, he didn't report himself, no "suicide" note, nothing to charge him with.

Any anyone who said Anthony didn't do anything wrong lacks morals. He didn't do anything *illegal*. And as he didn't force the slut, he doesn't deserve any beat-down. In fact, he did the slut's fiance a favor by exposing her true colors.

But the fictional character is still a scumbag without a conscience. The kind of scumbag I would not piss on if he were on fire.

kimi1990kimi1990about 7 years ago
@re: anonymous, why?

Yes, that's very true. Compared to most of the writers, even the better ones who have posted in the last month or so, Ohio, is Shakespeare and this story is Richard III. However, there is some bad score inflation going on. Every story on here, practically, has a four star score after a few months. The cuckold hotwife etc. stories that legitimately have sores between one and three have four star scores gifted to them by the site.

So, what do we do when Ohio comes along? We have to give him a five. Anything less is cheating his talent, because he's a giant among midgets, and all the midgets have fours. This is not my favorite Ohio story, but I wound up giving it a five, because I looked down the list and someone called "Bulldave" who wrote a garbage story has a four down there. I'm not giving this the same. My vote for progress.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Hoping this has a following chapter...

It just feels incomplete at this point.

OnethirdOnethirdabout 7 years ago
It's done

Another nice Ohio effort. Other than the switch of names as to who turned their ankle, it was, as usual, well written. Sometimes I think that the final "we're done" speech needs to be longer, and more visceral, but I guess short and sweet is best. Both of them know she screwed it up in the worst way and she's damaged goods as far as faithfulness goes. She would certainly have a short shelf life before she kicked her heels up for someone else. Maybe a breast reduction is her best best.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
3*s

A well written and imaginative story.

Understandable and reasonable dialogue. The actions of the characters follow their personality. The plot moved along to a logical conclusion. I liked it🙌.

A couple of errors didn't detract from the story. First, it's written that Tony tripped and was hurt. It is understood you meant Matt. Second, you talked about his parents as if they were together. Earlier you wrote the abusive father had moved to Florida. Maybe the mom married again and that was edited out. Neither mistake affects the story.

Gave you 3*.

Wow, over 100 comments already👏 . I'm going to read that next.

Thanks Ohio.

AMerryman

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous