All Comments on 'Micronesian Story'

by BeanBean2

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
OldTexanOldTexanalmost 9 years ago
Great story

I loved the story! I hope this is just part one.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago

Having lived in Micronesia this truly shows the culture and it's people.

I look forward to more chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Good story

Thanks for writing, hope there is part 2: they do anal and with no birth control, Sarah gets pregnant.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Nice Mix of Anthropology and Storytelling

Good show of cultural confusion and dissonance by the Westerners as well as mutual ethnocentrism by both parties. Good recognition that the interlopers have to adapt to the natives, given they are not in a position of power. Both sides are curious and wanting to experience the other, but the dominant group does not expect or tolerate something from outside that disrespects the local culture. Besides all that, you have given us two youthful but interesting characters to take this journey with and provided us a good taste of the local flavor, people-wise. Nicely done!....Oh, and you can always bet that readers will be jazzed to learn about the sexual customs of South Sea islanders--not to mention, Westerners in their midst. Thanks for this!

rightbankrightbankalmost 9 years ago
this does not represent the micronesia where I lived

The story is as confused culturally as are the Tags. There is no way the Tags should include both Micronesia and Polynesia.

And no large organization (Oceana?) would turn two naïve and inexperienced young people loose in a community with no guidelines or supervision.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
A Rare Find

Oddly charming story. Keep it up.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous