All Comments on 'Mid-Life in Crisis'

by Myhands316

Sort by:
  • 33 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Wow!

Lucky you gave yourself an out re the spelling & editing in your intro, or I'd have been onto you about it slightly spoiling such a fine, fine story. (Perhaps it can be fixed up at a later date...?)

jessicaj64jessicaj64almost 13 years ago
I kissed a girl

and I think I might do it again.

Thank you for doing it again: bringing us another wonderful (short?!) story. I loved it; made me all warm, wet and tingly, as your stories always do.

Maybe we can hear about Amy's loves next?

Please, keep these beautiful love stories coming!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago

I loved every second of this. I was so happy to see that you posted something new. Will it be asking to much for more stories?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Simply Wonderful

I love that the emphasis was not place on sex but their personalities.I could not wait to get to the next chapter.Very good indeed,can you do a story around Amy please.

CharleenWCharleenWalmost 13 years ago
Once again

Hey this fab once again. Thank you :-)

KathyFKathyFalmost 13 years ago
A Real Tear Jeker Love Story

It Took A Couple Hours & A Few Tissues Towards

The End. You Have Written Another Very Loving

Story Of Two People Falling In Love.

Thank You

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
One question...

Who's Anne? She wasn't mentioned until the epilouge.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

I clicked on the 5-Star above....Couldn't find anything higher.

GrrrreatImaginationGrrrreatImaginationabout 12 years ago
Great story.

Good dialogue, hot sex, honor, commitment, hearing what the characters are feeling/thinking, and a seamless narration; yep, that's a great story. This one gets 5 stars, too, and you are one of my favorite authors.

Thanks for taking the time from such an all-consuming project. Floods just suck, but I'm glad you're making headway with the clean-up projects.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
thank you

WOW..... I never saw myself as a reader of romantic stories but you have me hooked. Please dont stop, lived the whole story, makes the erotic parts all the more enjoyable.

birdintreebirdintreeover 10 years ago

really love Karney and Stella, great story! thanks

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 10 years ago
And The Hits Just Keep On Coming!

Wonderful, wonderful story.

I believe Anne is one of the boys' (Brian's?) girlfriend.

As a bona fide nit-picker I wouldn't sweat the minor errors. The story flowed so well I hardly noticed them.

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 10 years ago
One Minor Nit

At one point when talking about her embezzling investment advisor Karney almost let something slip, I think it was that she owned the fitness center, and for some reason she didn't want it known.

This was never addressed again. No biggie, but why bring it up and then never refer to it again?

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Simply a joy

I'm usually a stickler for good spelling and grammar but this story was so good that I was very quickly able to overlook the mistakes and typos. It was simply a joy to read and my next project is to read Amy's story, hoping---nay, expecting---it to be every bit the equal of this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
another super sweet, if not plausible story.

I liked the characters and thought the plot was pretty well thought out. There were a few notable holes, however. I also thought they were moving rather quickly towards the end.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
this did not do it for me

I don't know how this came to be rated one of the best stories of all time on literatica. Ithink doesn't have much depth to it at all and there is no build up. Poor character development.

JAUNTYOLDONEJAUNTYOLDONEalmost 9 years ago
I Loved it???

I loved it and other of your stories but,hire a retired 5th or 6th grade English teacher (or not retired) to correct your grammer and spelling your mistakes make your otherwise very good stories too hard to read.

Keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
great story

And love the comment about correcting your 'grammer'.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
great story

And love the comment about correcting your 'grammer'.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Wonderful Story

Excellent story with nice flow. Very moving ona personal level for me. I loved it. only wish life always had a happy ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Well they can make it legal now, courtesy of Obergefell v. Hodges

Nice feel good story

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Very sweet story. Best friend love is the best.

TSreaderTSreaderover 7 years ago
A wonderful love story!

So well done! Thank you!

repojonesrepojonesover 5 years ago
Well i

Will I like it but it was too much male Bash it was a good story though. So keep writing little grasshopper.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Interestingly sensual if not full-blown erotic

and I liked it for that. It didn't need to be a gynaecological tour and demonstrated that. At first the language seemed a bit trailer trash-ish but that thankfully died out bar a few potty mouth moments. Call me old fashioned but for me the F and C words are fine in the bedroom. Just can't stand when the dialogue is peppered with them. So this became a nice love story, with some decent plausible back-story. Might want to tone down the man-hating as another reader has commented, but other than that I really want to say 'thank you' for your work. I'll ignore the need for an editor, as others have commented on that, and you knew it anyway.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

At this point just divorce.

The male bashing does not make the story more erotic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It's wat i hate about LGBT, i'm an open minded guy and i look fondly on non-standard relationship if i see love and acceptance; but why do many of LGBT people feel the need to tarnish and denigrate heterosexuals. I mean to each their own for me, but they are like evengelists.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It's like the age old question, which came first the chicken or the egg. Are lesbians made by crappy men or are they just are. If it's the former then it's a choice, if it's the later then they destroyed the men and families by living a lie. You tell me what the author is trying to say.

okami1061okami1061over 1 year ago

I've read this for the third time. Odd that I didn't rate it till now. One of most favorite later-life recovery stories. No one should have to live the last third of their life without that kind of love. Those of us who have it are grateful for it everyday.

For prior commenters:

I read another writer on Lit say, "Every woman is a lesbian, in the right circumstances." Over the years, I've very slowly grown to believe that, and I don't mean with a bunch of sneaky caveating about what "the right circumstances" are. But it's not a statement that I believe about men (at least not today); the question to ask yourself (male, female, or other) is, "Why isn't it?".

Sure, there are some lesbians who know it, live it, and flaunt it early on and forever. Every year, more young females are learning it earlier and more openly, seeking to avoid traditional stereotyped roles. But most, I think, learn it based more on emotions than on sex; it's the person, not the gender. After all, even straight heterosexual relationships that thrive are more about emotion than sex. Sex is more of a gift to those who are wise enough to have figured out their emotions already. And emotions are what make sex better than heroine even though they both stimulate the exact same areas of the brain.

People, not just LGBT people, don't denigrate heterosexual relationships for no reason. When you hear it, look deeper; there are usually personal experiences that cause people to end up there. And it's not just LBGT that can denigrate heterosexual relationships, I assure you; some males are smart and sensitive enough to see the emotional danger inherent in reckless heterosexual relationships. There's a clear power imbalance that the superior must never exploit for positive emotions to survive. The power imbalances are just more gentle and subtle in homosexual relationships. So many of the genetic traits that evolved into males over the two million years no longer have a use in modern society. It takes a smart male to realize this.

Ok. End of pointless soapbox...

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

It's like the age old question, which came first the chicken or the egg. Are lesbians made by crappy men or are they just are. If it's the former then it's a choice, if it's the later then they destroyed the men and families by living a lie. You tell me what the author is trying to say.

It's wat i hate about LGBT, i'm an open minded guy and i look fondly on non-standard relationship if i see love and acceptance; but why do many of LGBT people feel the need to tarnish and denigrate heterosexuals. I mean to each their own for me, but they are like evengelists.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

"Every woman is a lesbian, in the right circumstances."

Untrue okami1061

30 years of pulling mental strings have led to this idea.

Matter of fact censorship is one way.

My original detailed comment was deleted.

Seems like truth rubs people the wrong way.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

What a lovely story about two women who have experienced love and betrayal finding each other and having the patience, strength, and courage to take that huge step of uncertainty again. People who can't appreciate this beautiful outcome are either still searching, or worse, they have given up on love, and passionate sex, no matter how powerful, can enhance love, but it is only an echo of the mystery of the open and vulnerable merging of two souls in time. After a long and rich life, I have come to prefer not to use the various labels, such as heterosexual, bisexual, and/or homosexual; I have come to prefer a term that I have seen two writers use which is "soul-sexual," meaning that gender, like sex, is secondary to the willingness of two souls to surrender themselves wholly each unto the other, not for some cultural marriage rite binding two people, but at the essential level of being which is why we are here. Love your writing, and not just this story or series.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

"What a lovely story about two women who have experienced love and betrayal finding each other and having the patience, strength, and courage to take that huge step of uncertainty again. People who can't appreciate this beautiful outcome are either still searching, or worse, they have given up on love, and passionate sex, no matter how powerful, can enhance love, but it is only an echo of the mystery of the open and vulnerable merging of two souls in time. After a long and rich life, I have come to prefer not to use the various labels, such as heterosexual, bisexual, and/or homosexual; I have come to prefer a term that I have seen two writers use which is "soul-sexual," meaning that gender, like sex, is secondary to the willingness of two souls to surrender themselves wholly each unto the other, not for some cultural marriage rite binding two people, but at the essential level of being which is why we are here. Love your writing, and not just this story or series." Good for you but to others - a persons physical parts matter. If you see a soul when giving h3ad or eating taco - you are a master of zen - I guess.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMyhands316@Myhands316
The most recent update! Hi, and thank you for taking time to read this. Hello, I have received questions from a few readers asking why I haven't posted anything new. I haven't stopped writing, but I have stopped posting on this site due to an unresolved issue. Some idiot flag...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES