Midnight Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He ignored the question and tried another tack, "You must understand, we are looking to protect minorities from racism in all it's forms and­"

I cut him off again, "So you're my protector are you?"

He seemed less certain of himself, unsure where I was going with this, "Well, in a sense, I suppose so. As modern, right thinking individuals, it's our duty to stamp out racist bigotry wherever we find it."

I grinned wolfishly, "Tell me, my Knight in Shining Armour... When I was thrown out and made homeless at eighteen years old, where were you?"

After a short pause I continued, "When the bailiff who escorted me on to the street advised me to become a prostitute, where were you?"

Every eye was upon me as I followed up with, "When I was informed I should randomly get pregnant to get a decent council flat, where were you?"

"I really don't see­"

I rather raised my voice again, "You have no idea what racism is! But I do... I've seen it up close and personal... When I was regularly accosted and addressed as 'Nigger' on the Orchard Park Estate, where were you?"

My temper was flaring again and I couldn't stop my voice from increasing in volume, "When I was surrounded by skinheads who were going to kick my head in, just because I've got a black face, where were you?"

This time he remained silent.

I paused to take a drink of water and felt Nathan gently squeeze my hand. I took another deep breath, "When I was in danger of being raped and sliced to pieces by a drug addict, who wanted to see what it was like to fuck a monkey! WHERE WERE YOU?"

I paused again and slowed my breathing. I nodded to the chairman, "My apologies for shouting," after taking another sip of water, I continued in a calmer tone," I can tell you where my Nathan was... he was stood between me and the druggie, doing his best to keep me safe," my attention fell back on Deaks, "When I was at my very lowest and needed help getting out of the shit pile that my life had turned into, where were you, Professor Deaks? Where were you?"

I glared around the board members, all of whom were now shifting uncomfortably in their seats, "Nathan Smethwick is the best thing that has ever happened to me. When I needed help, he fed me, clothed me, got me to safety, gave me a job, he even bought me a car... He saw the potential in me that nobody else did... He was the only one who even fucking bothered to look!"

The chairman interjected, rather gently this time, "Miss Mwenye, I'll remind you again to please temper your language."

I nodded, "I'm sorry. It just makes me angry that Nathan has been called here to face this ridiculous charge," I glared angrily at Professor Deaks again, "Makes me wonder if someone has an axe to grind. After all, if Nathan was such a massive bigot, would he have done all these things for me? Would he love me? Would he make me love him? The answer to all three is no. And anyone with half a brain should be able to see that!"

I gazed down at Nathan and mouthed, "I love you."

Nathan reached up and squeezed my hand as it rested on his shoulder.

I stared icily at Professor Deaks, "Dr Smethwick isn't a racist. He's not my enemy. He's the man who saved me. If not for him, I would probably be dead by now, because I was only a worthless nigger! So don't you dare accuse him of bigotry! You, Professor Deaks, are not fit to wipe the sh... not fit to clean his shoes!"

I looked from face to face around the table and said evenly, "That's it. I've said what I wanted to say."

The chairman coughed and then said, "Thank you Miss Mwen... Thank you, Manni. If I could ask you and Dr Smethwick to wait outside whilst we deliberate."

We left the room and sat outside in the waiting area. I held Nathan's hand and said softly, "I'm sorry if I embarrassed you in there, my Love. But I just couldn't sit still and watch that fucker railroad you."

He smiled and kissed me on the cheek, "Midnight, you didn't embarrass me at all. In fact regardless of what happens, know that I have never been prouder of you than I am right now."

I beamed. And if I could have blushed, I would.

After a few minutes, Nathan was called back in whilst I waited outside on tenterhooks.

A short while later, Professor Deaks stormed out with a face like thunder, closely followed by Nathan.

"Well?" I asked.

He gave me a hug and said, "Completely exonerated and they even offered me an apology."

"Woohoo!"

Nathan kissed me and said, "You were amazing, Midnight. I didn't know you had it in you."

I gave him my filthiest grin, "Well, later I'll definitely have it in me."

His grin was equally naughty, "Oh yeah!"

Nathan's expression turned serious, "Tell me. Should I... Should I start calling you Manni from now on? You know... To stop any trouble."

I grabbed his head and kissed him fiercely before replying, "No! I'm your Midnight and don't you ever forget it!"

He smiled, "Good."

END OF CHAPTER EIGHT