Midsummer Bride Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Your mother...," Harper took a deep breath looking into Miranda's intent green olive eyes. "She died 2 years ago."

The silence hung heavy in the air between them. Miranda didn't flinch. The shock sort of paralyzed her. Harper could see the 5 stages of grief working rapidly in her face.

"How?" Miranda finally spoke.

"Suicide."

Miranda nodded. Sounded right. Her mother was always fragile. Mercurial yet doting. She lived for her child. Miranda use to bitch and moan about how her mother would call her every day leaving these annoying messages on her phone. How she'd freak out if Miranda didn't answer back after 2 days.

Then Miranda thought about how she would never get those annoying messages again. She would never hear her mother's hysterical crying and laughing at some joke dad told at a work party one time. No more stern dad looks when she brought a boy home or called one on the phone.

No more smiling goofily at her from across the room. Miranda asking "What?" Then seeing her mother shrug and say, "Nothing." Then sip her cup still smiling with love and pride making Miranda roll her eyes.

Something in Miranda sank. Sank deep forming a knot in her stomach. Harper moved closer, placing a hand on her folded ones. Miranda faltered, her mouth becoming a hard compressed line trying to hold something back.

"And my dad?" she asked straightening up, her knee bumping against Harper's, keeping it there making Harper's pulse skip sending some small message to his cock that twitched inappropriately.

"I'm afraid your father has cancer. He's in the hospital on life support," Harper refocused, trying to be a cop first. "But your friends Atwater and Bennett are coming for you."

"Good...," Miranda nodded. "That's good..."

"I'm sorry about your parents," Harper said knowing what it was like to lose a parent. No matter your age it still touched something deep inside you. Like a tether that you never noticed before until suddenly it snaps, sending you adrift.

Miranda felt heavy. She quietly leaned over, resting her dark head on Harper's strong shoulder. She breathed in his musk of earth, commercial soap and sausage. It was a comforting scent.

Harper froze for a moment. Feeling her head on his shoulder, wanting her to move closer. Harper wrapped a comforting arm around Miranda who in turn embraced him, burying herself in his neck. Her black hair was soft.

Unintentionally Harper took a whiff of her. She smelled like honey suckles. Mrs. Everette had also brought over some scented soaps and shampoos that she made herself to sell in her shop. Harper's cock stiffened further as the feel and smell of her began to wash over him, engulf him.

"The Tempest...," Miranda finally spoke.

"What?"

"My parents loved Shakespeare," Miranda explained as she lifted her head and body up, leaving an imprint of her touch on Harper's body that suddenly felt cold without her. "The Tempest was mom's favorite so she named me Miranda after Prospero's daughter. At least it's my first name."

Harper tilted his head. Then Miranda smirked, "My full name is Miranda Hermia Love." Hermia was heroine in "A Midsummer Night's Dream" that was in love with a man who was in love with someone else until fairies mucked everything up then fixed it giving the play a happy ending with every couple where they should be.

Harper stared for a moment. Without warning a chuckle escaped him. Miranda elbowed him hard in the ribs.

"Apologies," Harper said smiling. "I'm the last person to criticize someone's name."

"Oh yeah you're name is Artemus right?" Miranda's mouth curved in humor.

"My mother loved Greek Mythology and she's a feminist," Harper explained. "My older sister's name is Apollina."

They both laughed. Smiles wide enough all their white teeth showed. Their legs rubbed up against each other. Harper had begun to brush his fingers over Miranda's knee cap. It sent sensations through Miranda's skin, a surge awoke her pussy that made her underwear dampen.

"We are such stuff as dreams are made on," Miranda quoted. "And our little life is rounded with a sleep."

"Lord, what fools these mortals be...," Harper quoted. He remembered little from that play but that line always stuck out for him.

Harper's hand went still, resting on her knee. The universe seemed to halt. The world around them began to disappear as they looked into each other's eyes. Was it just lust? Harper's cock turgid shaft was pushing against his fly trying to get out. Miranda felt her weeping pussy quiver.

Her mouth went dry. Harper watched as her breasts heaved, threatening, pleading to be set free from their cotton confines. Miranda was captured by Harper's tortured blue eyes while he was equally falling into her emerald pools. They were two magnets drawn to each other. As they leaned in they heard:

"Dinner's almost ready," Mrs. Everette called out. Miranda and Harper stopped. Miranda bit her lip, trying to hide her disappointment.

"I may be hungry now...," Miranda spoke awkwardly. She walked away feeling the wetness of her underwear, her thighs sticky with her arousal.

***

Miranda didn't eat anything at dinner. She took a few bites but still couldn't taste anything. Still she didn't feel the pangs of hunger. The image of that golden chalice with "not-milk" in it. She only took a sip. It tasted like... it was hard to describe.

It was delicious definitely but Miranda couldn't put a pin on one flavor. It tasted like all her favorite drinks and foods. Strawberries, pasta, devil food cake, Coca-Cola.

Miranda put on a night gown that Mrs. Everette brought for her. It was a periwinkle blue with sky blue lace fringe. Her breasts were snug in the cups still revealing some ample cleavage.

Thinking of Harper made her wet again. She had taken off her underwear to see some cum and her love juices had soaked the fabric. Nothing like quoting William Shakespeare to get one in the mood...

The cat slinked in, hopping onto the bed without invitation. It rubbed up against Miranda who ran her hand along it's smooth black body. It meowed at her calmly.

"Maybe I can take you back home with me. You'd like that?" Miranda asked as if the cat would answer. It stretched itself out on the bed while Miranda's thoughts returned to Harper.

The heat of their bodies set her nerves aflame with desire. She never felt like this for someone she just met. She believed in the supernatural but love at first sight? There were still some things Miranda was skeptical about.

Miranda suddenly started hearing music. It was faint. Flutes seducing her ears with their soft, melodious sound. The cat meowed then darted out of the room. Miranda followed it. Mrs. Everette was in the living room doing some dusting. Harper was upstairs taking a call from work.

The cat scratched at the door making light marks with it's sharp claws.

"Don't do that," Miranda scolded softly. She opened the door, the ghostly melody grew louder. The last rays of the sun had disappeared, the stars began to come out of hiding. She lost sight of the cat. When she blinked Miranda saw a fire in the dark shadows of the forest.

She heard laughter ringing in the air along with the beautiful music. More Litha celebrants?

Miranda's chest tightened. She felt a lump in her throat. Her mind was becoming a fog. She knew she shouldn't be outside right now. She was only wearing a night gown for god sakes!

She needed to go back inside but her body was drawn towards the mysterious sound and lights.

Suddenly Miranda saw a very handsome, fair skinned young man with short dark curly locks, eyes as blue as sapphires and full lips set in a light dark beard.

He had the bearing of royalty. An air of confidence. But he wore simple clothing. A white shirt with a brown leather vest, brown slacks and brown shoes.

He smiled at her and Miranda felt her knees turn gooey. She never thought of herself as one of those girls who instantly melts when a hot guy smiled at her but this guy... there was something about him. Something otherworldly that put him above the rest.

He held out his hand to her. Miranda's body dissociated with her mind at that moment though her mind also went blank. What she wanted most was to take this man's hand and follow him wherever he went. The distance closed between them. Time slowed down.

"Hello, Miranda...," the man said. His voice was as pure as silver and as sweet as honey. Miranda felt her pussy saturate with love juices at the sound of his voice, the way he said her name. Her body went numb with pleasant sensations at this man's touch...

"Dance with us," he beckoned. He pulled lightly and Miranda moved with him. Before she knew it Miranda was in the woods. There was a bonfire and people dancing around it. Men and women, some short, some tall, in the air were lights bobbing and floating in the air.

***

Harper took the call in his room.

"I have the results and everything checks out," Dr. Bran read off the charts he received.

"Are you sure?" Harper was skeptical. His room faced the forest. He stared out at the morning landscape, the gears in his mind turning. Trying to think of a better explanation.

"There was one thing...," Dr. Bran sounded unsure.

"What?"

A pause. Then Dr. Bran said, "It could be nothing..."

"Tell me," Harper ordered.

Dr. Bran sighed then said, "When the human body ages, it's cells begin to decay and die. We age at least every 10 years but Miss Love's cells... They haven't aged. Not one. She's still a healthy 23 year old girl, physically."

"That's impossible," Harper spoke in disbelief.

"I checked it 5 times, mate," Dr. Bran assured him, sounding a bit offended. "Like she was gone for only a day. My machines must be broken."

That's when Harper noticed a bonfire in the tree line along with dancing lights. Then he saw Miranda with a man he didn't know leading her towards the lights.

***

Everyone was dancing and drinking merrily to the music. Miranda was mesmerized as the young man drew her into the dancing circle. The sounds and lights were intoxicating. Miranda was drunk on joy as she spun in the circle. She felt as light as a feather, the weight of the real world lifting from her tired young shoulders.

She was filled with a familiar euphoria. It blinded her common sense that became a shrinking voice that became a whisper from the outside. The sounds were deafening. Miranda felt that she would leave her body then dissolve into the happy madness of the party.

Then Miranda felt a pair of hands on her waist lift her up out of the dancing circle then felt a pair of warm lips press a heated kiss on her neck. Her pulse quickened. She melted into him. She turned to look at the man who took her here.

"Dance with me," he asked with a smile. The gleam in his dark blue eyes held Miranda in an invisible lustful caress.

He placed his right hand on her waist while taking her right hand in his left. Everything went quiet for a moment. Everything was still and then Miranda heard the music again.

It was slow and steady at first building up into a passionate medley as Miranda and her enigmatic dance partner spun around.

His hand on her waist moved to the small of her back, drawing her in closer. The scenery dissolved into darkness until they were no longer in the dark green forest but in a great golden mirrored hall with crystal chandeliers and other fancy dressed people wearing masks. She managed to catch a glimpse of herself in one of the mirrors.

Miranda wasn't wearing her long periwinkle blue nightgown but an elegant ball gown made of glittering dark green silk. She wore diamond drop earrings and a diamond and emerald/ jet stone tiara, her hair in soft curls draped down her back strewn with more diamonds like stars trapped in the night sky.

Her stranger wasn't wearing simple peasant clothes anymore but a royal blue suit with golden buttons, white pants, and black dancing shoes.

"Green is your color," her dance partner whispered in her ear. "Matches your eyes."

"What is this?" the fear that was suffocated suddenly gasped with fresh air filling it's lungs as Miranda began to realize what was happening.

"You know," he spoke with a knowing smile. Miranda's heart stopped as he twirled her around, she pulled away but he drew her back into his strong embrace.

"Oberon...," Miranda whispered in fear.

"I looked into your mind," Oberon said as they continued to dance. "You like men with blue eyes and dark hair. I tried the dirty blond look but I much prefer having dark hair." His eyes turned black. As black as a void that threatened to swallow Miranda whole.

Miranda tried to pull away but Oberon had a strong grip.

"Now, Miranda...," Oberon's black eyes became a sapphire blue again. "Did you think you could get away from me that easily?"

He lifted her right wrist to his lips, kissing her mark. It burned for a few seconds. Miranda winced. She could feel his lustful loins harden and pulse against her own which were smoldering with memory.

She was disturbed by the raw power of her attraction to him even though she knew what he was. The creature that lay beneath the human facade.

"Once you've been marked by me," Oberon spun Miranda around then pressed her back to his front whispering darkly. "Then you're mine."

There were people in the room but they only stared on apathetically as Oberon's hand traveled up and squeezed her breast through the fabric of her dress. His hot breath on her neck made her want to melt into him. His other hand was over her mound.

"I can feel the heat within you," he whispered seductively.

"Please stop," Miranda was breathless. But she wanted to lift up her skirts letting his hand explore where she was damp and desperate for his touch. His cock poked her tail bone.

"You don't mean that," Oberon smiled evilly. "I will say I was impressed when you saw through my glamour." Oberon spun Miranda back around to face him to continue their sinful dance. He dipped her then slowly brought her back up all in one fluid motion.

"You're different from the others," Oberon said. "Perhaps that's why I want you more badly than the others."

The others started to join them. They danced in sync as if of one hive mind.

"What are you talking about?" Oberon lifted Miranda into the air then let her back down, continuing the dance.

"Every Midsummer I leave my world to take human brides," Oberon explained. "I have thousands of wives. Not many stand out but you... There's something different about you."

"I'm nothing special," Miranda insisted trying to keep her head but she was close to drowning in this fairytale. Then Miranda caught another glimpse in the mirror. This time it wasn't a golden tableau but a grotesque nightmare.

Oberon was in his true form in the mirror. A midnight blue skinned creature with goat legs, a lean muscular body, black claws, a pair of stag horns growing like gnarled tree branches out of his bald head. His cat-like snout wrinkled.

His supernatural cock was stiff and wagging. Miranda's pussy wept at the sight of it.

"You are," he spoke in a deep, dark growling voice. "Most women who look upon my true form die of terror. So I keep them in a dream world."

"Until you're done with them," Miranda retorted. "Fairies are fickle and capricious."

Oberon returned to his human disguise, his sensuous mouth in an upward curve of desire. They twirled around the golden dance floor.

"You're delaying the inevitable. You already drank the ambrosia," Oberon explained.

They stopped. Everyone danced around them in perfect harmony. Oberon became stern, "There's only pain and suffering waiting out there for you. Your mother is dead. Your father will be dead soon. Perhaps you'll be able to get back home in time to say good bye but then what? Your friends are older than you remember."

"My friends care about me," Miranda spoke through gritted teeth. Oberon shrugged.

"Seven years is a long time," Oberon said as they twirled. The sounds of music and laughter blended together creating a symphony of madness making Miranda queasy. "Your friends will leave you behind."

"You think the detective is going to fall in love with you? Ask you to stay?" Oberon spoke incredulously.

Miranda thought about Harper. His blue eyes full of kindness and pain. His strong protective arms wrapped around her. That kiss. It was impulsive but there was something there. A raw passion that she couldn't explain. Miranda trusted him. But he didn't seem the romantic type. Maybe there was nothing between them.

Oberon held out his hand and in his palm and there he beheld a golden apple.

"You already drank the ambrosia," he whispered gently. "When you eat this you'll never leave again."

Is that why Miranda didn't hunger or thirst? Food from the fairy realm was dangerous. She remembered her grandmother telling her that once.

"You know you want to stay...," Oberon spoke softly with a gleam in his sapphire eyes.

It was all an illusion yes but it was quite a beautiful illusion. To never grow old or know hunger and thirst again. Miranda reached for the berries. Her life before all this seemed to fade into static. A white noise that shrunk in importance and relevance.

The faces of her friends and family, all of her loved ones including those she disliked faded away as she reached for the glittering golden apple.

"Miranda!" She knew that voice.

"Harper?" Miranda turned towards the sound of Harper's voice that grew louder.

"Ignore him," Oberon insisted. "Take a bite."

"MIRANDA!"

The illusion evaporated and they were suddenly in the mossy green forest again with her in her simple night gown. Then Miranda saw Harper breathless from running.

"Don't run off like that," Harper scolded as he pulled her beside him. Then he turned to the young man, "Who are you?"

Oberon's eyes went pitch black with rage. A growl emanated from deep within his throat as he glared at his human rival.

"Harper, you have to go," Miranda warned.

"I'm not letting you go anywhere," Harper stepped in front of Miranda to shield her from whatever threat came out. Harper saw the man's eyes. They flashed from pitch black to human blue in seconds.

"Listen to her, mortal," Oberon growled. Harper heard another growl, a more primal, animalistic growl. He saw the paw prints in the dirt and moss. A huge cat paw crushed a beetle that was passing by.

"What the fuck..." Harper gaped drawing his weapon even though he didn't see what he was about to shoot at if he would even hit it. Miranda saw it though. The panther monster that was in the station.

"Harper," Miranda whispered in fear.

"Stay behind me," Harper said. His muscles tensed, his whole body alert for whatever was going to attack.

"My beast doesn't usually eat humans but," Oberon grinned evilly. "He does like to play."

The invisible beast lunged at Harper who fired his gun, only grazing the creature. It pinned him down to the wet morning dew ground. Harper felt the crushing weight on his arms and torso, it's hot foul breath on his face and neck, and the sharp claws piercing into his flesh like knives.

Just when Harper felt the creature's saliva dripping from it's fangs, he heard the delicate ringing of a bell. Oberon winced, covering his ears as if he heard a loud explosion.

Miranda turned to see Mrs. Everette her face calm but her hazel eyes full of fire. She was holding a silver bell and ringing it. She continued to ring it making both beast and master cringe and cry out in agony. Then they disappeared.

Miranda helped Harper to his feet. Blood dripped from his wounds adding a crimson color to his skin.

"What the hell was that?" Harper asked.

"Back inside, quickly," Mrs. Everette ushered them out of the forest into the house. From the woods eyes watched them with malicious interest. Whispering dark things to each other in the cover of night and forest. Miranda could hear them even at a distance. They sent chills through her spine creating a knot in her intestines.