All Comments on 'Mike & Savy Ch. 08'

by JustAnotherMarylander

Sort by:
  • 21 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
THANK YKU FOR NOT RUINING THE SERIES!!!

I was completely losing hope until you turn the table!!! Loved it, this series is so good please done end it on a bad note

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Run Mike, Run...

While you still can!! Get AWAY from this little cow before she finds another way to ruin your life. It seems you're back on her radar, -for now, so get away as quickly as you can. She's gonna break you man, I shit you not. It's what chicks like her do.

trite_readertrite_readerover 9 years ago
Hmmm

So this stupid little girl is slowly waking up to herself? Unfortunately, it really is a case of it being too little, too late. Her character is far too flighty to truly understand the damage she has caused. This girl lacks backbone, that is obvious. Her convictions were not strong enough to drive her actions.

Even the way his character is written is frustrating! Mike's always on the back foot. Apologising and accepting all the blame. Also spineless.

The mother? Oh my God, I won't start with her.

Nah, this story could have become a true classic, but it's got too many character flaws. Mind you author, the editing, and writing is excellent now. I have to admit, and give credit where it's due, that the grammar has been very good, as well as the structure of the writing in general. Language is good, and the dialogue is plausible. So there have been massive improvements, and you need to be credited with that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
one great story line

i look for more chapters daily i love the story and can not get enought of it

celticwolf08celticwolf08over 9 years ago
I'm Speechless and Happy

@JustAnotherMarylander you just made my day I was really fearing this chapter with all the emotion of the last three chapters I beginning to question if they were going to get back together and although that still hasn't happened yet at least this is hope. Little by little I started to see Savy starting to mature by picking on some of the signs of Mike's despair and even realizing that she was the one that pushed him away. I also could no longer convince myself that the mom wasn't the bad guy even though her intentions may not have been so with everything that they both the kids have been through I don't see how she can just sit there and let her kids hurt like she did. It seems to me with the "it's just the way it had to be" phrase was taken exactly how it should have been and it shows how she felt about Mikes and Savy's relationship. I'm so excited for the next chapter please don't make me wait to long.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Remarkable

You are doing a great job maintaining interest, even with characters who are not very sympathetic: Mike with his guilts and Savy with her complete inability to know herself. Realistic, if not likeable in a romantic world. I guess Mike ends up with the redhead and Savy with Max - and they can regret all their days. Better than ending up with each other, to regret all their days. Hard to make a happy ending out of this one.

tranzmanytranzmanyover 9 years ago
Nice instalment, next!

Wow. I'm not too sure I agree with the early commenter on it being too late to salvage anything for Savy. I too think that these characters are loaded for bear of a large amount of flaws. I however do not see where the amount of character flaws is anything past the point of too much. I know someone intimately that has a personality just like Mike. In the case of Savy how well do we ever really know what the other is thinking or feeling especially if the other were willing to deny themselves their own wants and needs in the face of others. I agree with the other commenter that its about time Savy wakes to the effect she can have on others, I wonder if this will come into the realization, that I think may be present for the picking, that running away and avoiding the tough stuff only causes hurt for herself and the ones she loves. I personally hopes she continues the trend of confronting difficulty head on that began the min she decided to meet Mike for lunch.

As for the mother...(insert a few expletive filled lines here) I don't think her flaws outweigh what would be the normal amount for a person i the real world. While it would be nice for her to embrace the love between Savy and Mike as the true love it seems to be, they are "her" children and to embrace or even just allow that flies against everything society and years of living have taught her. I hope this is given some consideration when weighing her part in the devide she apparently is playing.

Again the writing is excellent. I haven't seen man, or any, grammar mistakes that have thrown me off reading. Savy brought me to tears his chapter explaining her side and I want to thank you for the writing that caused these tears to flow. I think this is my long winded, or novel sized, way of saying that I think this story should be remembered among the greats here on LitE, to each their own either way. I look forward to what may be, I'm just guessing, the final act from both perspectives. Thank you!

JustAnotherMarylanderJustAnotherMarylanderover 9 years agoAuthor

I tried to tell a couple of stores in these two chapters.

First, I don't want to forget about what just happened to Josh. Apart from perhaps being a little too quick on the proposal, he did almost everything right for Savy. Unfortunately, he still got crushed. Sadly, that can happen in love.

Does Savy deserve blame for that? It depends on how you view how she entered into the relationship and how you judge a person for coming to terms with who they are.

Second is a question that can be difficult to think about. Have you met the love of your life, what many would call your soulmate? If so, where is your line? What could that person do to make you choose to remove him or her from your life? I think that's a powerful question.

dawndaladawndalaover 9 years ago
Heartbreaking!!

A thousand stars if possible! What an amazing story. Please write more soon. Every day I log on to see if there is another chapter. Thank you for sharing.

ChasBChasBover 9 years ago
Wonderful Situation!!

So, I guessed right - no ring! Now what? Do Mike and Savy put their feelings first and get back together, openly? :) Do they have a clandestine relationship to cater to mom's feelings? Or, maybe mom gives up and puts the kids first - not impossible. She is so conventional - then again, there are hints that she's having her own quiet affair. LOL! Maybe Josh decides to blow the lid off as a reaction to his rejection. :( Lots of possibilities here - all reasonable. Marylander has set up a wonderful situation, wonderfully told. 'Hope we'll know soon!

jrrrymjrrrymover 9 years ago
Too Much.

In the first couple of chapters it was nice to see both perspectives, but now you have gone way beyond what was needed to set the tone and some deeper understanding

Get to the story line and lets see what they both think during the ongoing clean up and ultimately the conclusion!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Where is this going?

Your writing and composition are excellent. There is a lot of unusual undercurrents going on.

Mom is obviously very manipulative, but neither children have taken her to task over the hiding and with holding of Mike and Savy's family relationship. Mike and Savy need to get birth certificates and DNA tests done, only way to get the truth.

Josh and Savy had an arguement, when he showed the attitude of a predatory dominating thug, good to see he is gone.

This story has a lot of unnatural forgiveness in it, especially from Mike, destroyed by moms announcement, then totally shunned and ignored by Savy, who then does not have the decency to treat him in a civil manner when he comes back home.

But the story is absolutely addictive, keep it up

studfarm57studfarm57over 9 years ago
Way to go

Cant wait till Ch 9!

JustAnotherMarylanderJustAnotherMarylanderover 9 years agoAuthor

I find the comment on "unnatural forgiveness" to be fascinating. I think humans have tremendous capacity to forgive, especially others.

Mike doesn't blame his mom, because it's been his choice whether to avail himself of her support or not. He forgives her for telling the truth because in the end, the truth may have been late, but it's still the truth and that's not something you hold against people.

It's easy for him to forgive Savy because he doesn't blame her. He completely suppresses his own pain externally to present the facade that he is happy for her and supports her. He had resigned himself to a life of pain, because she is the love of his life. "If I had to spend the rest of my life alone, unhappy, and in the presence of the constant reminder of what I had lost, that is what I would do. I loved her too much, as my sister, as my friend, and as the absolute love of my life... and it was the only thing I could do." As I asked before, where is your line, what could the love of your life do to make you walk away? For Mike, the answer may very well be that there is nothing she could do to make him walk away.

The forgiveness that Mike doesn't have in him is what he needs the most: the ability to forgive himself.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Did the two of them ever consider a DNA test

Just because the mom thinks that they are step brother and step sister ? Is she sure ?

A happy ending would be for Mike and Savy find out they are not dna related and live happily ever after

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Great not-porn, porn.

Don't rush. Take the time to proofread and have a friend proofread before you submit. Your writing style is very good and the story is unfolding in interesting ways. When there are simple errors of syntax or case it stands out and breaks the flow.

JD1138JD1138over 9 years ago
This Story Reminds Me Of This Song:

I'd keep a picture of you.

But I don't know just what I'd do.

If I saw you face to face right now.

You know I always loved you.

If I could stop myself I would.

But there's no easy way to end.

How I feel

And to change

What was real.

Thought we try to fade to black, in the end we come right back.

Now that we've come so far.

How can we ever start again?

Memories would lead us back instead we just pretend

Now that we've come so far.

But love that never ends.

Keeps us.

Holds us.

Leads us.

Always tearing us apart... again.

Now That We've Come So Far- Jeff Williams

smitty4338smitty4338over 9 years ago
Excellent

I was a little worried in ch. 07 with what was happening between the two characters, but I'm glad to see them making progress in the right direction in this last chapter. This story has been an absolute thrill ride,I very much look forward to reading more from you. Thank you!!

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
she rubs his nose in it for how long?

and then expects him to forgive and forget!

she is the one who left the note and gave his ring back.

she is the one who said she could not continue the relationship.

she is the one who told him to leave her alone.

and when he does, she takes it out on him.

brings her boyfriend home for thanksgiving

has her boyfriend sleep over so often he might as well live in the dorm.

tells her family she is going to meet with the family of her boyfriend.

and never once, hints to her brother that she wants more than a platonic brother-sister relationship.

meanwhile mom quietly pulls the strings in the background with a silly grin on her face.

this is more than a twist, this is a twist of the knife.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Ha. Ha. Ha ha. Ha. Heh. Haaa.

This is more comedic relief than anything else. Ha ha ha, and the asshole wanted to leave the ensemble. That's great. I'm laughing right now, really.

TigersmanTigersmanalmost 9 years ago
Good story

This story is really good but oh so sad. I would not be the least bit surprised that this happened to a couple in real life or something close to it. It's a miracle that either the brother or the sister did not try to take their life especially as deep as their love was before the mother dropped the bomb.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous