All Comments on 'Mike and Sunday'

by Tyzmartar

Sort by:
  • 39 Comments
tranzmanytranzmanyover 9 years ago
Interesting

Mr. Feel-Good Happy Go-Lucky this story is not. It was nicely written in my opinion, I'm sure those better in tune with the grammar police will be along to write you the ticket everyone on here seems to get. Beyond that this was a pretty good story with sex thrown in. Thank you.

beachbum1958beachbum1958over 9 years ago
Not your average brother/sister story, but damn it was good!

More, soon, please. The note about 'a little bit of death' made me grin, reminded me of when my cousin Bella told me she was 'a little bit pregnant' (not by me, I hasten to add, but, she was a hottie, and given the chance, va-va-voom, who knows...)

As tranzmany pointed out, the grammar-Nazi's will no doubt be knocking on your door soon over the occasional misplaced apostrophe, my advice to you is to completely ignore them, it's the story that counts, and this was a great story, and I want more!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Part 2 is needed

I love it stayed up two hours reading it so part 2 is needed

redlion75redlion75over 9 years ago

if you had used more commas and less ? marks then the red pony would fly farther.ok i am just shitting you going for the nazi grammar polize.i failed grammar in high school anyway.i would like to see a follow up on these three though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
needs more chapters

First it's a great storyline and it deals with true life experiences. These are the types of stories that I like to read. It sad that their mother was in denial about Barry but that to is also very true in life, that eventually it does lead to suicide, which in itself is a waste. The father even though not happy about the situation, at least had the compassion for both children and wanted to stay in contact with them.

As for the lack of sex that really doesn't bother me as this is more about being in love than just fucking. At the end of the chapter even though he didn't say it right out it appears that the father has actually accepted the fact that his children are lovers, or he never would've mentioned making a new start in Florida. So at least one more chapter to tie up the loose strings and put them all together as a family and please do not include the father sexually.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
needing more

great story whether for just writing out if something like this happened, it works be nice if toy continued this to include there decision on whether or not they will continue there relationship and move to Florida and also beyond that.. please continue the story it's a really good addition to this line of subject

spankfunforspankfunforover 9 years ago
Mike Sunday And Al!

Three survivors! Dad is helping his children! Their love choices don't thrill him but he accept them! The two Lovers will stay together, and in Florida, they won't have to worry about the incest tag! Dad Loves Them and They Love Him! Everything else will work itself out! Great story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
As always

You consistently provide us with interesting and thoughtful stories. This one is a gem. Thanks for sharing them with us. GT

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

Awesome story! More!

PolyLvrPolyLvrover 9 years ago
Well told

I can't tell if there was anything technically wrong with this tale, I was so engrossed in the story.

While I enjoy a nice stroke story as much as the next deviant, these true to life stories really draw me in. The anguish is real, without over emoting the lesser stuff.

I was truly saddened by Beth's death but it was evident she was in a downward spiral after Barry's death. I've personally seen this effect, where the mother emotionally abandons her remaining children, even to the point of blaming them for their sibling's demise.

As is, it's fine, but I would like to see a continuation. Their life in Florida, as well as their father finding a new, loving, romantic interest.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Marriage

In some places half brothers and half sisters can marry. They should have family of thier own to love.

HC

Lori_the_HoosierLori_the_Hoosierover 9 years ago
Re: 'Marriage'

There is no place on earth that half-brothers and sisters can marry legally; if there were, all of the writers here on the 'Incest/Taboo' genre would be setting their stories there, and there would be none of the delicious naughtiness that goes along with breaking the taboo. Even the most primitive, stone-age tribes in the Kalahari, the Amazon rain-forest, or the jungles of Papua have rigid, inflexible taboos against familial marriage, so strong that breaking them is usually punishable by death; apparently, you're allowed to cook and eat your father, but you can't boink your sister...

Most, if not all, tribal peoples practice 'Exogamic Relief', which simply means that men of one village or tribe must find wives from another, precisely to avoid any infringement of these taboos. Perhaps the poster meant The Island of Nookie-Nookie, or perhaps the fabled land of Crispy Bread Pudding, or somewhere else equally mythical...

The closest real place where things like this can happen is Australia, which has no law against consensual brother/sister incest if both parties are over the age of majority, either 18 or 21, depending on the state

Having got that off my chest, this was a good story, I enjoyed the realism and lack of bronzed, blonde, supermodel perfect-10 bodies and 10-inch penises, although I think Mike's reaction to his mother's death seemed a little muted; when my mom died, I was a wreck; I'd been expecting it for a while, steeling myself, but the reality was far different to what I'd prepared for. But perhaps that was just me. Whatever my feelings on this particular point, it was a well written and engrossing story, and I gave a well-deserved 5 stars. Like my hubby, I want more, soon, please!

Lori

alittlebitofsoulalittlebitofsoulover 9 years ago

Love this story. Look forward to read more like this one.

Major_PlotholeMajor_Plotholeover 9 years ago
Re: Re: Marriage

While it is criminalized in many other places, The United States for one (except for New Jersey apparently), it is allowed to exist in Japan (meaning they can't marry but theres no legal punishment for it) and there are a few countries that allow marriage between family members. Spain, and France for one - will allow marriage between consenting adults regardless of family bonds (parental, or sibling).

There are only two places on Earth that don't allow marriage of first cousins - the US and India. India issued that to try and curb their reproduction rates, and the US has made it 'taboo' and 'disgusting' (even though the other 200+ nations in the world don't really mind it so much) to prevent immigration from cultures that allowed or pushed for cousin marriages, back in the late 1800s, early 1900s. Namely the Mexicans, the Italians and the Irish.

Many writers don't locate their stories in these zones where its allowed simply because, one of the biggest turn ons (for a lot of people) is that it IS taboo.

As for the story, I really enjoyed it. It was sexy, and also still heart wrenching. My hormones are very confused now. Keep up the good work!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Definitely Worth Reading

My only complaint would be with the Mike character. His reactions to and interactions with his step mother were disappointing. Mostly believable I suppose, but I would have liked him more if he'd liked her less.

oldwayneoldwayneover 9 years ago
Loved the happy ending!

Five Stars!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
11/10

I have to say, this is a very good story. I am honestly speechless, this is not like any of the stories I've read on here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

Impossibly perfect! Can't get better than this!! Thanks so much!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
true family

They say your true family members stand by you. Just like the father in this story.

As for the mother the pain of losing her son was to much for her to bear. Rather than be mad she should have been happy that her step-daughter and other son were there for each other in a time of need.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Excellent reading

Reads as a true to life story. Gave it 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Good reading

Everyone here has been put through the ringer. Thank goodness Mike and Sunday can be together, because they are a good comfort to each other. And Sunday seems to love her make-out sessions with Mike. Thanks for the touch of hair on Mike's chest. It makes him sexy for Sunday.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Beth such a stupid bitch, no wonder her son grew up such an asshole. Good, that they go to hell. Suit them right.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Great story & close to my life

My sister and I have been together since we were 18 were now 60. When I was 18 and she 19 she asked me one evening why I never had any girlfriends.I told her I loved a beautiful women I could never have.During that week she kept on about who it was then one evening while we were all watching TV she was snuggled up to me as usual and whispered if it was her. I told her it was but would never do anything about it or hurt her.She asked me to go into the study on some pretext so our family would not hear and told me she was in love with me and that Mum had guessed how she felt about me.Our parents did not react as badly as Beth, but the poor women was out of her mind with grief.They did not like it and gave was hell until they realised we were together for life.Never let us share a bed under their roof.Mom spoke to a doctor about us and he told her it was quite common.We have never been apart and never looked at anyone else.never fallout and are sole mates.Could not have children naturally but have two grown up girls who are a credit to their wonderful mother. We were always very close growing up in the same way as Mike and Sunday and loved each other it was just that it evolved into being in love.Great story and fairly believeable.Thank you and More please

kelprimekelprimeabout 8 years ago
Thank you

I did not read it because you warned of the content having a lot of sadness. As someone who gets depression triggered easily, I thank you for warning.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Crying

I'm crying right now.Write more please😍

Captain MidnightCaptain Midnightalmost 8 years ago
Yes, it's sad, but...

Some people simply never recover from losses. Beth never did. To her, Barry was always her little boy, the one she could console and care for, her little man when she was single, her rock. I agree (if anyone has said it) that this might have been better as a Non-Erotic story with Mike and Sunday not making love, just becoming close friends and taking care of each other, but that's not my call. Hope they and Al come through okay.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Incest? Really?

There is no blood relationship between Sunday & Mike. Not incest.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Who ever left the comment that Sunday and Mike aren't blood relatives apparently didn't read they're half-blood siblings not step siblings therefore it is incest

DklingDklingabout 7 years ago
Beautiful

I love the way that you create female protagonists who think that they're flawed or somehow unloveable, and are convinced otherwise by the man who loves them body and soul. It's so touching.

And I was astounded (in a good way) when Mike and Sunday's relationship was found out, though I found Al's first reaction - "how could you let your mother see something like that?" rather than "what the hell is wrong with you two?" - unintentionally hilarious. However, I loved the fact that he was more or less supportive of Mike and Sunday's love for each other, never actually saying that their feelings were 'wrong' - just that the two of them should have known better.

I really enjoyed the closure that you were able to give this story - something that I've found to be missing from your other (excellent) stories that I've read. Al asking Mike and Sunday to come find a fresh start with him in Florida, and actually being accepting of their love, was wonderful. It was a wonderful story with a more than satisfying conclusion.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
A Favourite

This must be the third time I've read this story and it's certainly one of my favourites.

TJSkywindTJSkywindover 5 years ago
Good either as a stand-alone or as part of a series

The characters were well done and believable. There was criticism that Mike didn't react sufficiently to the death of this mother. Everyone reacts differently. Maybe he did collapse into sobs for a day or so, and then moved on. Based on what was implied, Beth favored her first son over her second son, and this no doubt helped push the Mike and Sunday closer from much earlier. Working so hard that you don't get time with your kids is a high price, and I found myself really liking Al.

FWIW, first cousin marriage is allowed in nearly 20 US states outright, and others with exceptions, so the assertion that it's forbidden across the US is false. Wikipedia even has a map and tables of what's allowable. As for India, a lot of laws are passed and remain unenforced; and local village and tribal courts are notorious for circumventing justice to fit their own personal interests.

The notion that incest among siblings is universal, too, by another commentator, too, is also wrong. There have been historic pairings among royalty throughout early history; cousins are more common, but in early history, sibling pairings sometimes happened, and in early Egypt, you referred to your husband or wife as your brother or sister. I suggest it may have been more common than presumed, especially in rural areas, especially when areas transitioned to agriculture. It's often part of various religious mythologies, too. Zeus and Hera. Isis and Osiris. Izanami and Izanagi. Hmm. Even that guy who once lived in Eden had a wife made from his rib; rib as euphemism for sister, daughter, or niece? Pundits are divided on that. It certainly meant they would have necessarily shared a lot of DNA. Something to think about.

The ban against incest is strong, but it is most definitely cultural; having in-laws help your family survive against hard times, and in-laws could mean the difference between surviving and perishing. Incest-marriage doesn't give you in-laws. Of course, if you were willing to risk it without the family, you and a sibling could pack up and move to a new area and start a life together. All you had to do was survive.

Thankfully, things are a bit easier these days. If Mike and Sunday can survive gators in the back yard, snakes, and sinkholes in Florida, they should do okay.

Thank you for the tale. 5* Slainté

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Great story

I found this story and found it to be interesting. I enjoyed it and thank you for your time and efforts. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I liked it

Your stories are quite nice. Thank you for the story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Best story ever

Loved every details of the character. Read it soo many times lost the count.

gametime279gametime279about 3 years ago
Wow!

Stumbled across this story and was blown away! Wildly underrated author and story. 5/5

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Barry's mother was a useless bitch who could not discipline her mannerless son from small.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

DEAR BETH SHOULD GO KILL HERSELF. SHE CAN JOIN PATHETIC BARRY

ScottishTexanScottishTexanalmost 2 years ago

As far as Barry goes? He was a worthless, irredeemable prick. When he overdosed, my comment was, "Good on him and good riddance to the piece of trash." Considering the facade that Beth was hiding behind, it was exactly what she had raised him to be. The acorn never falls very far from the Oak Tree. Al is going to figure out how much better off he is without Beth being the stone around his neck now that he can reconcile with Mike and Sunday. The three of them are going to be much happier once they relocate. I have no doubt that Al will remarry to a much better woman next time around.

My second wife was an Albatros for me too. In some ways her walking out on me was a blessing. But I would have been much better off if she had wrecked her car driving drunk, killing herself instead. I wouldn’t still be paying off the credit card debt that I wracked up paying for my lawyer and I'd have been able to roll her 401k into mine and not have to sweat having a retirement income. But now that she's out of my life, I can easily see how huge of a financial drain she was. I'm happy that she is someone else's headache now. 🙂

mrdata9770mrdata9770over 1 year ago

(10/9/2022) Okay, this was an interesting narrative. But I can't give it a high rating. There were just too many deaths for me. Barry was a dick and Beth was the proverbial evil stepmother. But did they both need to die so ignominiously?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous