Mike and Sunday

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Tyzmartar
Tyzmartar
983 Followers

During the next few solemn days, Mike and Sunday helped their father bury their mother. Unlike what they did with Barry, they did not have a huge funeral and waves of grieving visitors afterward. Al decided that he didn't want that and if anyone else in the family had a problem with it they could shove it. They had the smallest of ceremonies and it was over and done with.

"I'm selling the house. I can't live here anymore. Going down to Florida," Al told his kids as they once again sat around his kitchen table.

"I can understand that. I don't like it around here much anymore either," said Mike.

"Why Florida, Daddy? Have you even been there before?" asked Sunday.

"No, I haven't ever been. Why not Florida? It's warm and all old people end up there eventually, don't they?" he asked.

"You're not old," she replied.

"Well, I'm not young, either. I feel old. I need a change," Al said.

"A change couldn't hurt. You've been through a lot. Sunday and I haven't helped much. All you've done is work since I was old enough to remember. You deserve to retire and enjoy yourself," Mike said.

"Who said anything about retiring? I'm not that old for Christ's sake. You know, it probably wouldn't hurt you two to get away. Get a fresh start. This town has a lot of ghosts," Al said.

Both Sunday and Mike knew exactly what he was talking about. Thanks to their mother, all of their family knew that they were sleeping together. There was a lot of them around town that they had awkward run-ins with from time to time. Every time they went somewhere together they felt like people were watching them, judging them. Things probably wouldn't be getting any better now that their mother had killed herself.

"It would be nice. Mike and I have talked a lot about it. Probably after I get my degree we'll be able to afford it. That's if I can find a decent job somewhere," Sunday said.

"They've got schools in Florida, you know. This old dump is worth a small chunk of change. I can help you get set up. Why don't you guys come with me?" Al suggested.

"You'd do that for us?" Mike asked, astonished. He hadn't seen this coming at all.

"Really, Daddy?" Sunday chimed in.

"I've spent the last couple decades of my life trying to make sure I take care of you guys. I'm not going to stop now. Besides, I wouldn't know anyone down there. Life's too short to be alone and miserable," Al said.

Mike and Sunday agreed. For the first time in a while, they felt like things were going to be all right.

Tyzmartar
Tyzmartar
983 Followers