All Comments on 'Mile Long Club'

by thatsbogus

Sort by:
  • 25 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
What a ride!

Great description of riding across country. Went from Midwest US to West Coast, then south to LA, and back via Arizona, New Mexico, etc. Sex in a caboose would have been much more comfortable than in the upper bunk of a roomette. Thought from the title there might have been a long tunnel involved, but her internal tunnel was good enough. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Great story!!

Really enjoyed the journey. Kept me wondering how it may end. Think you set up a part two nicely. Look forward to it..

fixer43fixer43almost 7 years ago
To be continued..

Please. Maybe have it end up in the Romance section.

Wonderful descriptions of the scenery and travel.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Very Enjoyable

Loved the story. Very likeable characters. 5 well deserved stars.

ShannonBlackwaterShannonBlackwateralmost 7 years ago
5 stars!

I absolutely loved this story. You're a skilled writer with a great balance between descriptive writing and moving the story along. The characters were very likable and relatable and also the supporting "cast" was very well done, especially the cool conductor. 😊

Can we have a 'Part 2'?

Thank you!

SensualleeSensualleealmost 7 years ago
Absolutly!!!

This story is so good, I actually am hoping that's it's based on some real experiences. I love both of these people and want to know them in more detail. Please tell me they get together.

Soma99Soma99almost 7 years ago
Thank you for the mention, it wasn't needed

Great story, I hardly did anything other then get to read it early. He seems like a very nice guy also. It certainly seemed like a true story to me as he spoke about it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Waiting

Hopefully there is a part 2 in the works. Thank you for the story so far.

cantgetenough2cantgetenough2over 6 years ago
Great execution

Really found many great ways to mix up this story.

The story also had substance. Really made for an enjoyable read.

tazz317tazz317over 6 years ago
THE LOVE STORY OF MY LIFE

another day and a few hours to go. TK U MLJ LV NV

cantgetenough2cantgetenough2over 6 years ago
Enjoyable, entertaining, and heart felt

A wonderful story that feels honest, true, and down to earth.

The main character is very relatable and has me routing for him the whole way through.

The love interest is very understandable as well. She is explained through her actions and words. I understand where she is coming from and what she wants. All her actions speak true to her character.

The story's tone is honest and heart warming. It is light, enjoyable, playful, and entertaining without being silly.

I wonder what happens to these youngsters. I root for them to at least get back together and try their hands at more than a one night stand. I hope going home works well for both of them.

I also hope this is a true story. And the two love birds get married and fall in love to live happily ever after. Sure seems like a beautiful young budding relationship.

Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Sexy and a great story, too

One of the best I've read here

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Please continue

Great story, you should follow it up! It's ranked tied for your third best story and could and should really be continued.

thatsbogusthatsbogusabout 4 years agoAuthor
Chapter 2

For those of you asking for a sequel, I thank you for caring enough to ask me to write one. This story is largely based on real experiences riding the Canadian on two trips when I was in my early 20’s. Identifying details were changed, but otherwise it’s mostly true to life. I wanted to capture the emotions of a whirlwind doomed romance as I felt them many years ago.

I won’t let on what came next in real life, but suffice to say we didn’t get a happily ever after. I could easily write a second chapter than went right into the realms of fiction and have the happily ever after ending some would prefer, but that’s not truthful to my experience with the real “Nicole”. I prefer for this story to stand alone, because I wanted to end on a note of hopeful sadness rather than the mundane reality that is the story’s true end. I am certain that if the real “Nicole” ever read this she would recognize herself instantly, and I hope she is doing well.

Please feel free to check out my other work if you haven’t already done so.

oldmooseoldmoosealmost 4 years ago
Great story

Thanks for the story. You included many details that made this a great story for me. We're all interested, of course, in the sexual/romantic details and you provided them. What sets this story apart for me are the other details. I love a story where I can follow and visualize the locations. Thanks for including the towns along the way. Thanks also for mentioning actual universities where you and Nicole and her brother went to school. I hate it when an author refers to "a large university in southern Quebec," for example. Even if the story is fictional, I like the locations to be real.

vanmyers86vanmyers86over 3 years ago

Well done! This reminded me of "The Edge" by Dick Francis and the film "Before Sunrise," while retaining its own unique identity. I enjoyed the skillful buildup of their relationship interspersed with the scenery and the watchful VIA steward and found the ending logical and satisfying.

I definitely look forward to reading and enjoying more of your work!

BufoAmericanusBufoAmericanusover 3 years ago
Plausible

It is good to read a plausible story on this site. You did good!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Geography Lesson?

Lake Louise isn't near Jasper - it's in Banff National Park, west of Banff!

thatsbogusthatsbogusover 3 years agoAuthor
Lake Louise

Yes, obviously. The Canadian goes to Jasper, not Banff. Ben would have to get a bus or something to Lake Louise.

RawSilhouetteRawSilhouetteover 3 years ago
Thank you!

Wonderful story. I appreciate the pop of reality among the fantasy that is ever present on this site. You are a very skilled writer, too, and I thank you for sharing your talent.

Such a poignant ending that is reminiscent of epic tales of lost love. I appreciate you keeping true to life and not delivering a false narrative to deliver the classic happy ending. This way your readers can feel what you felt in that moment, feel a bit of your humanity. Very alluring and satisfying in all aspects.

Thank you and keep sharing with us.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
New or Old?

Is this the new version or the old version of this story? Your bio page says you updated it, but this looks like the same thing.

SunloverSunloverabout 3 years ago

Excellent story. Very well done and worthy of a five star rating. I would love to see a sequel to this story. Now I will have to read all of your other stories.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Very good story. You definitely need a part 2.

AnonymousAnonymous17 days ago

Loved the story. Multiple coincidences here. I am also from Hamilton, well, Burlington actually. I went to McMaster, but graduated from Mohawk College. I lived for a while on Windermere in Toronto. My ex-wife and I took the same train trip from Toronto to Edmonton as you, but in Feb 1979. And also in seating only section of the train. We were going to a conference at the Banff Springs Hotel, and a one week vacation there afterwards. Loved the trip. Love your story too if only because of the good memories it gives me. Can't say we tried sex on the train though, but someone did try to sleep up in the baggage rack as the seats, even reclined, were not that

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userthatsbogus@thatsbogus
Update, February 9: I'm 5,600 words into a new story that I anticipate posting as a one-off. It'll be a long read, and I'm aiming for something both more emotional and more romantic than my usual oeuvre. I've learned a long time ago never to set deadlines for myself, but the w...