All Comments on 'Mine, All Mine Ch. 03'

by DeathAndTaxes

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
MasterfuljimMasterfuljimabout 7 years ago
Haha

Just love the thoughts during the conversation. I so itched to bang their heads together.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
I came for the porn...

...but find myself binging on angst and young love in this lovely story, where, surprisingly, there's​ little sex involved (or no sex, depending on what one's definition of "sex" is).

I love the little teases of what Ian will become--deep voice, solid boundaries​, hand behind her head during the night, etc. The story is so good that I'm not annoyed with the current lack of sex. I mean, that *was* the original reason for my visit here, but I don't mind now. Thanks for posting this.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

This is so darn yummy that I am already mourning your first chapter's intro saying this would only be 4 chapters. How will they resolve and be together with just one chapter to go? And why aren't your ratings all 5s?!!! Guess this is a catagory that wants all hot kink. Not me. I love this little love story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
So ready for the payoff

Chapter 4 coming soon?

DeathAndTaxesDeathAndTaxesabout 7 years agoAuthor
Comment Replies

@Masterfuljim - I know, I wanted to smack both of them, too! But then my little writer's heart was rubbing its hands together in glee. Because it's so much better if we torture these people. Hehehe

@Anon/I came for the porn - I know! This story isn't as hardcore as some of my others, but I can promise you some hot, category-appropriate action in the next/last chapter. That makes me very happy to hear that even without as much hawt secks, the story has still held your interest. Thank you so much!

@Anon/yummy - I'm excited to show you how Taylor and Ian have their resolution! As to your comment about the ratings, I've been thinking about this myself - not that I think I deserve such high ones, but that my other story in this category, The Eighth House, was the first thing I ever wrote. I'm not saying it's a bad story, but ... I'm in the middle of revising it now for publication elsewhere, and I've learned so much about writing in the last 3 years. That thing needs so much work. It's just better than mediocre at best. And yet *that* story is the one that got crazy ratings and won the award. So maybe whether each chapter has kink and a lot of it *is* the deciding factor around here. But also, looking at the new stories list in BDSM these last couple weeks, I feel like the ratings on people's stories in general are overall a lot lower than they used to be. Like this category has maybe morphed its tastes or standards? I'm not sure what the truth is. I've read other recent stories on here and found plenty that are good writing. Everything remains a mystery. BUT -- it's all good, and I just hope people like the story as a whole once the last chapter posts. Thank you so much for your kind words!!

@Eliya - The payoff--ahem, "Chapter 4"--I'm going to submit Wednesday night. So i'm hoping it will go up around Fri or Sat. And then Taylor and Ian's journey can come to a head, as it were. I'm so happy you're enjoying this one. :)

SteffiOlsenSteffiOlsenabout 7 years ago
Happy/ not happy

I really, really should have waited until chapter 4 was up, dammit. You do such an amazing job of writing the things we've all been through but most of us can't explain... that moment when you desperately wish you'd just STOP talking and some inane uncontrolled unconnected part of your psyche-- or your anatomy-- prods you forward, over the edge of the idiot-cliff. Amazing work.

FloribundaFloribundaabout 7 years ago
I guess we're all waiting for Ch.4 now!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Death, you rock

Every. Damn. Chapter. Two things jump out within this chapter. First is your ability to write complex sentences that stay on target. Second, is your ability to include so much head space, both in direct thoughts and indirectly within descriptions. A prime example of the second was the way the birds outside of Ian's apartment were described.

No, wait, there's a third thing; the realism throughout. Too many writers, and readers, seem to think realism isn't as entertaining as fantasy. Fantasy is more forgiving in terms of quality. Oh, it's just fantasy, lighten up. Realism demands quality writing to work, or it becomes a telanova written by a drunk who doesn't speak the language.

North200North200almost 7 years ago
Sooooooo close! Poor Taylor!

I loved the window into her inner thoughts as she faced off against Ian. Brilliant writing...I could read 25 or 30 more chapters about these two.

Horseman68Horseman68over 6 years ago
Writing Talent in Its Own Class.

A simple story taken to heights by the talent in its writing -- certainly could not say it better than Steffi.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
arghh

Ohhh the suspense. The romantic tension. Now you're just toying with us! Well done. :-)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDeathAndTaxes@DeathAndTaxes
AKA Eris Adderly Hello! Hope you like my smut! I have a Facebook group, if you're on there and the type of person who likes to talk to your authors. Let's talk books and nerd things and dirty shit! https://www.facebook.com/groups/erisadderly.troublemakers/ DIDN'T YOU HAVE ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES