All Comments on 'Minna'

by ausfet

Sort by:
  • 60 Comments
CharlieB4CharlieB4over 6 years ago
Another slice of Aussie life.

As always you tackle some dark and dangerous territory but with a light touch and a love of the ordinary. I'm not sure it's going to be everybody's cup of tea in LW but I liked it a lot. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
What possessed you to imagine this was a good place for this?

Gay, lesbian, anywhere but here. This is a hetero hub. Post that shit somewhere else, or are you just a troll?

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Wrong category......this is not a LW tale...perhaps in GAY or T&C. 1* for this ugly story

The writer should learn the basics: Two Wrong Doings Don't Make One Right!

Story in wrong category....for sure not in LW, perhaps in Gay, T&C, etc.

Not enjoyable, low context, predictable and lack of details on the may event that triggered the whole story......Why a Husband Goes for a Cock?.......you should be asking yourself why you always enjoys more cocks than pussy!....if your answer is because your gay, so be it......there is nothing wrong being a gay, just let it come out from your shell and be happy the way you're!

1* for this nonsense story

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
It is not LW, should be in Sci-Fi & Fantasy, Lesbian, T&C or in Gay session

Perhaps this pathetic, sad and nonsense story should have better chances outside the LW......it could be in Sci-Fi & Fantasy, Lesbian, Gay or even in T&C category.

The writer has some serious tendencies to homosexuality, of which there is nothing wrong about it, but he should assume his inner desires and let the gay thing come out from the shell......bet he will happier and less frustrated!

ohioohioover 6 years ago
Wonderful story, full of feeling

It's bizarre how some commenters want to claim this isn't a Loving Wives story--when it's precisely about a married couple having trouble in their marriage. In what conceivable way is Minna not a loving wife?

All that aside, thanks for a story that's well-written, consistently interesting, and not the least bit predictable. At every stage of things, Minna made choices that might have been possible but also might have gone a different way. I enjoyed it very much.

Thanks, ohio

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

A great story. The loving wife Minna goes through a trauma in her marriage then in the end she comes back.....If that does not fall into a LW story nothing does. Besides if Ohio loves it that is praise from one of the best :-) I will look for your work in the future.

bachgenbachdrwgbachgenbachdrwgover 6 years ago
Amazing

that such a well crafted tale, definitely worthy of a five rating, should be so glibly dismissed by commenters (anon) who seem to have such an appalling command of English. Were it a longer tale it would have been a true 'page turner'. An extremely evocative tale. I could almost feel the grit in my teeth. :-)

luedonluedonover 6 years ago
An exceptional story

As others have said, complex, sensitive, well crafted and well written. Not a 'nice' story, but a good one. Five well-deserved stars from me.

Lue

Ps: A couple of the Anonymice comments seem to come from one who perpetually lurks around the Loving Wives category, who is terribly worried about "pathetic, sad and nonsense stories" and authors having "some serious tendencies to homosexuality".

It's nice to know that Anonymouse has given this sage advice in the spirit of being helpful. We can "bet he will happier and less frustrated!" if Ms Ausfet does as suggested. (Especially helpful for a female author.)

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Great job

A wonderful story about imperfect people making the best of unexpected and bewildering situations. The characters are three-dimensional and fully realized. I look forward to your future contributions in this category.

Frank Redmont

CharlieB4CharlieB4over 6 years ago
Just a hint to passing readers,

If you like this one and you've got a bit of time to kill jump into The Fall, a series by the same author. Outstanding storytelling.

MbgdallasMbgdallasover 6 years ago
I’m sorry.

This is just poorly written drivel with no mearning or purpose. The woman is psychotic at best and evil at the worst.

Just a waste of time.

Also why all the gay and lesbian shit? It just detracted from the story, had no ,eamimh or purpose.

maxx308maxx308over 6 years ago
Great job

Loved the story and your writing skills.

Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Wow, what an unusual and sad compelling story. Its terrible, and really well done.

How can this marriage possibly last? Once the kids are gone what will be left to hold them together? Mina now knows they have never really been partners, with the husband having other sex partners (lovers?) for God knows how long. And, incredibly, he continues to fuck around on her, apparently without remorse or guilt. Like, its none of her business? What The Fuck? I can see her hanging on for the children's sake, but after that, I can see no commitment or respect left between her and him. The rest of her time with this asshole will be torture, surely. Why would anyone put up with that humiliation?

I think you crafted the characters very well, with great credibility. The husband is a selfish immature lout, who simply wants to have his cake, and his house cleaner, and his nanny, and his cook, and as the the mood strikes him, to eat her too. The betrayed wife is clinging to a love and marriage that has devolved into house and child care sharing, with pathetic sexual benefits. He has been giving her pity fucks for probably years, and now she is returning the contempt and disrespect. He loves only himself, and is simply using her as his gender balance drone to give him his complete bisexual life that he apparently cannot or will not give up, despite marriage vows. Once she has time to absorb and understand how shallow and self-serving this asshole is, and continues to experience a more passionate and loyal love from Leah, I don't see how she can avoid leaving to live a better life with a better person. I would love to read that story too.

Well done. A very difficult and challenging plot. I think you did it well.

26thNC26thNCover 6 years ago
Good

Enjoyed it. A little different, but very interesting.

kimi1990kimi1990over 6 years ago
I rarely agree with Mbgdallas, but this was dreadful

Apparently you bring some readers from wherever you came from who like this. This threw in every possible squick you could think of in an effort to be shocking. In the end, it was just funny how hard you tried to be bleeding edge. I found it amusing, in a disgusting sort of way.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Wrong Category

This story belongs in the Gay section, which the author is well aware. Two stars for trying to bamboozle the reader, with a gay story is LW.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Pure lame and pathetic story from a wimpy author. 1* for this crap

The writer did a very poor job on this pathetic story.

There is so much gay thing in this tale.

Perhaps better chance in others category, like T&C or Gay session.

The LW readers just don't appreciate garbage like this pathetic story.

BTW: I quote one of the comments: Two Wrongs don't Make One Right.

So by doing the same thing the wife went lower, gross, miserable and disrespectful and her gay husband.

1* for this wrong category story.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 6 years ago
First Tier Storytelling Skills Wasted on 2nd Tier Main Characters ?

First of al,l I admired the author and narrator opted for the road less traveled on both literal and metaphorical levels. It did irk me that outside of Minna's tits and sense of adventure, she was such a naïf for much of story , albeit less so by the conclusion. Loved the human kindness, decency infused in supporting characters who were unashamed odd ducks .

The author riffled lightly with many themes of Lewis Carroll's " Alice " series transposing mad hatter and white rabbit to more benign, narrator friendly characters . Like Alice , Minna embarked on a journey of self discovery sorting through the curiosities and chaff in an inadvertent and largely unprepared search for self. Alice made it back home and so did Minna.

I could quibble with nuances of story but why ? The big picture was too engrossing and ausfet's unwillingness to hew to cliches was gutsy . Ergo the obvious rating.

Full Marks *****

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Good job

I liked it. Very descriptive of the human condition. Liked the prevasive kindness through out. *****

tennesseeredtennesseeredover 6 years ago
Bravo!

Compelling first submission, full of surprises. Tackling the bi-hubby theme took guts. Most impressive storytelling. Your characters aren't second tier at all, just normal folks trying to get through life. Thanks for this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Great story. Thank you for your submission. We don’t get enough stories from a woman’s point of view, and this was a unique journey on top of that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
pathetic

this isn't LW story 1*

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 6 years ago
Started with a disease

Will end with another. Time to cut him loose or at least cut him off until the kids are out of the house then go find a better man.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Neither one

Of these characters are worth saving; kill them off in a horrible car accident and be done with them. Take them out so they can't/won't affect the rest of the population.

Old_biker_dudeOld_biker_dudeover 6 years ago
Fuckin' cheaters

I hate cheaters, either sex

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Bad plot and disgusting wife response to a fall gay marriage. 1* for bad build tale

Some things to consider:

- Once cheater always a cheater, so the wife will keep fucking around other than her gay husband

- Once gay always a gay....there is no "ex-gay", so the husband will continue to suck cocks and being fucked in the ass, which it is disgusting for a health marriage stand point

- Two Wrongs Don't do One Right (quoted from other commenters)...I loved this strong statement as it is self explain the point being

So this marriage has no chance to survive.

The writer did a poor job on this tale....perhaps better chance in other sessions but not in LW.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
5! Great story and well written

If the asshole of LIT., dear annony. bitches about it, you always get 5s from me. The annony commenter is a retarded asshole who can't get over his dead ex wife fucking him over for his entire marriage! He needs to be banned and put in a home!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Great Character development

I thought the wife character was very well developed and the story told was complex and interesting. Great job!!

gordo12gordo12over 6 years ago
Awesome story (as always)

5* Although I'd have to question staying with a man that is engaging in gay sex. Pretty dangerous territory, condoms or not.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
This is much gay!....1* for this wrong category story

Well let's stick with the facts:

- the husband is gay and he always be a cock sucker,

- the wife tried an affair with an impotent tattoo guy

- the wife had a lesbian affair

Wow....this is so stupid, nonsense and poor build story.

Perhaps better luck in other category, but definitely not in LW.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
This is so much wimp gay!....1* for this wrong category story

Well let's stick with the facts:

- the husband is gay and he always be a cock sucker and ass fucked, potential STD,

- the wife tried an affair with an impotent tattoo guy

- the wife had a lesbian affair

- wife cheater, once a cheater always a cheater

In conclusion...this is so stupid, nonsense and poor build story.

Perhaps better luck in other category, but definitely not in LW.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Good story.... Bad ending.

Honestly, from someone "hopelessly hetero", I liked your story, right up to the last page. I think all of us will admit that this marriage is doomed to fail. There is just no logical, or for that matter, illogical, way it can survive. Sooner or later, it has to come to a head. She should have it when she first found out.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 6 years ago
Superbly told story

An excellent tale about deeply flawed people that are managing to live their lives with with their issues. Great ancillary characters too.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
3*s

A very creative plot. An intriguing idea, a partner cheating with someone of the same sex. A good story.

Well written interesting and sympathetic characters. Really like the family interactions as that added to the drama and felt very familiar to anyone with a spouse and children 👨‍👩‍👧‍👦.

Ausfet, two items I question.

What about the cheater, Joe. What was he thinking. Failure one oathbreaking, failure two STD. I really would have wanted to know what made him so stupid.

Second item the failure to find an ending to this story.

Sure she took a vacation from the asshole and from taking care of two teenagers. She had sex with strangers, reassuring her about her looks, and making her feel better. But there is no resolution😲😠.

Hopefully read you again soon, ausfet. Maybe a 2nd chapter??

Thank you.

AMerryman

patilliepatillieover 6 years ago
Really goood

Hate the bi husband character, find those guys to be a little less than masculine and over the top pervy in real life. They are really homo's who are hiding behind their wife's skirts, but the way this is written Jon doesnt come off this way.

Really well constructed and flows fast, 5* Great insights into her character.

iloveADiloveADover 6 years ago
Excellent storytelling

Not and easy subject. Well done ✅ I liked it. 5 from me.

luedonluedonover 6 years ago
Loving Wives scores

I note that Ms Ausfet has written 30+ stories, all but two of which score between 4.1 and 4.8. The vast majority score the magical Red H.

She has written two LW stories. This one scores 3.5 and the other 3.8.

Isn't it amazing how incredibly competent authors become so much less so when they submit a Loving Wives story? I seem to recall that something similar happened to DanOctober a few weeks ago.

Does anybody have an explanation?

Lue

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Good story

Well written and well paced... But I just don't like the lack of a proper resolution...

tygztygzover 6 years ago

5* despite it being my least favorite subject. The writing is as usual top-notch, and the slice of life is gritty and believable. I liked the story because while it lacks a "happily ever after" of ditching the cheater and finding her prince or princess, it's actually realistic and shows the protagonist dealing with reality.

Stories have always been something to help us live with what life gives us - myths and legends to help explain a bewildering universe, and moralities to help us handle people... Disney stories are a much more modern, escapist invention, which do nothing to help people actually move forward in life - in fact, they're retrograde and make us expect the unattainable.

Ausfet writes well, writes real; don't read it if you want an escapist fantasy, but if you want to see an art house movie, you're at the right place.

BuckeyebobBuckeyebobover 6 years ago
5*

Top notch writing for sure. I couldn't agree less with Minna's final decision, but that doesn't spoil a great story, well told.

Mari55Mari55over 6 years ago
Tragic tale but not erotic - should change categories

This was not enjoyable in the least. The storytelling picks the plot in the middle of nowhere and sucks the reader in and forces him/her to read a lot of it before it gets a semblance of what this story is about. By then, the reader will probably wants to see its time investment returned by reading until the end and see if something positive comes out of the story. It isn't. This is not a love story of any kind, nor even a loving wives story typical of the site. A great piece of literature it may be, but I feel it was misplaced and I can't give a positive review about it. I was curious about it and expect a LW stories and didn't get it. You do have skills but please, do look at your the audience you're targetting first.

266xxyz266xxyzover 6 years ago
Enjoyed it!

Well written fleshed out pretty good. I think there may be another chapter. Actually haven't looked. This is a new author for me and I will check the bio out.

5*s

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 6 years ago
Skillful

story of fucked up people.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Safe Sex

Loved it. Definitely belongs in Loving Wives. Would have given it 6* if possible. Surprised that noone else has mentioned that chlamydia can be transmitted by oral sex. Minna should have googled.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Nope

Trailer trash homo and a cum dump slut with shitty excuses.

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionalmost 6 years ago
100% Loving Wife story

Wonderfully written scenario, where we see an insight into the working mind of a loving wife betrayed by a half-husband who lives in a fantasy world of his own making, regularly getting his freaky rocks off whenever he feels like it. Hubby never deserved his faithful wife, both before he was sprung and definitely doesn't deserve to continue his chosen cheating lifestyle after being caught licking a cobbler 's nut sack. I hate the thought that Minna has still allowed him to have all the benefits of home that he has enjoyed throughout his deceitful behaviour towards his partner. He's not even embarrased about being caught red-handed and photographically in his continual lying, adulterous, and unprotected multi-partnered lifestyle. He even insists on continuing his behaviour unchecked, without even being apologetic about putting her and their children at risk of the known effects of even the commonest of STDs. Minna should certainly have insisted he slept elsewhere while he was being tested and treated for chlamydia, until after the follow-up test 90 days down the line. One can only hope that Minna wakes up, smells whatever's leaking from her lesser half's arsehole, and realises it ain’t rosewater and enjoys the rest of her life in a monogamous, much-appreciated and loving relationship as the "wife" of Leah, who seems to have more going for her than the dead-end relationship with a man apparently quite prepared to put his wife's life at risk so he can get his fudge packed by some strange cobber's cock poked up his diseased clacker. We are therefore left with an ending that is less than satisfactory, where even limpdick Bazza has more going for him in my humble than her current toss-pot, who apparently thinks he can make up in a fortnight with a few cupboards and a duvet/pillow set for Minna's realisation that 16 years of "wedded bliss" was nothing but fantasyland and she was only there to take the edge off until his next sphincter Svengali cums loads in Hubby's butt bucket. There are already hints that Minna will be thinking, "Hubby’s half hour late, so has Hubby just been fucked by a crack-taking arse-cracker, or has Hubby just swallowed jizz from a semen-pumping seaman fresh returned from shoreleave among the myriad ladyboys of Singapore or some other dockside dick?" Still, despite these reservations of the future development and likely outcome, the story was thoughtful, entertaining and deserving of a fistful of stars for both the original idea and the execution of the writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
To Spencerfiction

You clearly grasp how good this writer is, so why launch into such a bitter, homophobic rant, mate? She regularly displays such humanity and insight - why can't you?

PiperHamlinPiperHamlinalmost 6 years ago
@Lue

I think you already know the explanation. You'll be happy to know that both of the LW stories submitted by this author are over a 4 now. Still no red H, but time has a way of validating the good authors. LW is currently a cauldron of cacophony as far as ratings and comments go.

Or maybe people just hate Aussies. ;)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Still waiting for the

Only possibly believable ending and wondering if its divorce or if he just pisses on her side of the bed and leaves her stupid ass.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
HE Should Leave HER??!!

What an idiotic statement. If anything, she should cut his nuts off and stuff them down his throat. But then, he might like that since he enjoys other male appendages down his throat. I just can’t imagine staying in a marriage where my spouse had a same-sex affair. In fact I won’t imagine it because I know it would never, ever happen. That said, this whole story was weird to me. Reminded me of something Hunter Thompson might have written. While he was tripping on acid.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Whoa!

I’ve never seen this set-up before! Just wow! Wifey takes control. I thought she’d dump his ass but she did something even better. Strong, imaginative wordsmithing!

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Good writing

Good writing wasted on bad characters and poor story.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 5 years ago
Eventually HIV

He was careless before and will be again. She really needs to cut him off from sex. They can live together a few years until the boy is grown then move on. He couldn't refrain for two weeks? No real remorse at all.

PencarrowPencarrowover 4 years ago
A VERY INTERESTING AND WELL-WRITTEN STORY

This was something out of the ordinary, when a husband cheats with another man.

I thought the story was very well-crafted and handled the husband's betrayal and the wife's way of coping with it in a very mature and sensitive fashion.

A pleasure to read something like this, even though the concept made me feel uncomfortable. Five stars from me, and thanks.

tbonehuntertbonehunterabout 4 years ago
The key to the story

is this paragraph near the end: “I knew that no matter what happened, I'd do everything I could to hold onto our marriage. A lot of people waffle on about marriage being based on trust, and fuck, I'm happy if that works for them, but for me, marriage is not based on trust but on a willingness to forgive the unforgiveable in exchange for enjoying the company and support of someone you love more than life itself.”

This is so profoundly true for so many people and so rarely understood. Beautiful analysis.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good on you, mate. Your antiheroes go a long, long way towards balancing out the rich-as-fuck, gratuitously gorgeous pricks and prickettes usually found in LW stories. Six pages without a pizza, a Beemer, or a million dollar savings account! An LW record.

Each of your characters carries themselves with their own sense of place, of worldview, of morality. LW mc's all preach that trust is the be-all and end-all of relationships. Your folks stretch themselves as far as they can go to find enough acceptance and forgiveness to just get by and carry on. I must say that I like yours best.

LWlurker

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wow! You really packed a lot of mileage into your characters, their emotions, their reactions, and their thinking. Powerful story with a lot to think about, whether the relationship is gay or straight. Thank you for taking the time to commit all this to writing. I really enjoy your stories.

Ed

WillowghbyWillowghbyabout 1 year ago
Ausfet, Come Back!

"Minna" is my first read of an ausfet story and I am impressed. I don't have to like any of the characters (the kids are both shitballs) to recognize that they have been well defined and consistent throughout the story. I don't have to like the subject matter or agree with any of the MCs decisions/logic/actions to admire a really well written story.

Thank you, ausfet, for your work and contribution to my reading pleasure. I agree with ohio's comment shortly after this story was posted.

Keep 'em comin'!

Hiker66BikerHiker66Biker11 months ago

This is an unusual spin on the usual LW cheating plots. I read this whilst a scandal raged on our local media about a well known TV anchor revealed as Bi who cheated on his wife by having a gay affair at work with a ‘show runner’ 30 years his junior. His wife threw him out and the anchor was sacked for grooming and lying about the affair. In the yarn wifey was very tolerant of her cheating hubby’s peccadilloes, in the real world I’m not sure many wife’s would be so tolerant given the disease risk. Anyway, the story was well written and kept me reading to the end despite gay and lesbian yarns not rocking my boat. I liked the descriptions of the Australian east coast. 4 stars and thanks for sharing.

tennesseeredtennesseered4 months ago

After a six year hiatus, I gave Minna another read. It's an unsettling story, especially at the start, but as the story progresses the author's humanity shines through. In the end, flawed as they are, hubby and wife decide that mutual forgiveness is vastly preferable to mutually assured destruction. It's best for the children, too. Suck it up, forgive each other, and keep moving forward. "Forgive the unforgivable", as Ausfet wrote. That's the voice of selflessness and maturity. It's a common thread in all of Ausfet's stories and one of the many things that make them so good.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userausfet@ausfet
388 Followers
Don't get too excited, I'm not dead. Thanks to everyone who has emailed, voted and commented. Thanks also to the lovely folk who have edited my stories and provided advice. About me: 38, married, two kids, two dogs, live in Brisbane. To answer some of the most commonly...