Mistakes Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Nia rolled her eyes at the gaping doctor.Ugh, she hated when guys looked at her like a piece of meat that's partially the reason she'd pursued Harrison. He'd seen more than her body. He'd seen her heart and soul. But that was over or at least it would be over if these results said what she needed them to say.

"Um can you stop staring at me like you want to eat me and read the results please?" She snapped.

Jase shook his head and apologized. "I'm sorry that was not very professional of me but I was just stunned by your beauty is all but you're here for results?"

She nodded and Jase smiled. He knew she'd been too good to be true. She probably was here for herpes.

Nia watched Dr. Hanson as he checked her chart and she noted his broad shoulders, tan skin, and dark hair. He was handsome for a white boy she couldn't deny that but there were more pressing things on her mind than Hot Hanson. Nia could feel that nervous ball exploding and spreading waves of anxiety through her veins.

Jase looked at the chart then back at Nia. She didn't have herpes but she's was definitely going to have something. He forced a smile as he delivered the news.

"Congratulations Ms. Jones, you're pregnant."

Nia felt her heart drop to her stomach. She was pregnant. Dr. Hanson continued to talk but it was like he was Charlie Brown's teacher because all she heard was whamp, wha, whamp, whamp, wha as she digested the news.

Jase could tell Ms. Jones had blanked out during his whole explanation of how important the first trimester was so he tried to get her to focus. "Ms. Jones, did you hear me?"

Nia looked at Dr. Hanson and shook her head.

"Well I was just saying you're 14 weeks along therefore it's essential for you to begin prenatal vitamins as soon as possible."

Nia just nodded. It was like she was in a daze. No way could she be pregnant. No way could this be happening. This was too much.

"Is the father going to be in the child's life? It would be great to have the extra support."

Jase knew it was a personal question and he knew he was a jackass for asking only as a way to figure out her relationship status but it had to be done. There was something about her he just had to have and yeah she was pregnant but she was sexy and she'd stay that way for a few more weeks which he knew would be enough time to hit and quit. Jase frowned when he realized what he'd just formulated as a plan. Even to himself it sounded despicable but he just had to have her.

Nia stared at Dr. Hanson as his question sunk in. That single question brought her out of her state of shock over the discovery that she really was pregnant and threw her into a state of panic when she thought of Harrison's reaction to the news.

Would he want to know his child? They hadn't spoken in a month and when that had happened it wasn't a good conversation. It was a break up conversation, that "It's not you, it's me" spill and it hadn't handled it well. She'd cried and yelled but he just apologized and left her alone and in pieces. Well not really alone, since she was now carrying his unborn child, but definitely in pieces.

What the hell was she going to do? This couldn't be happening to her. She didn't want this. It was too much. She tried to take deep breaths to calm down but all the air in the world couldn't stop the panic surging up inside of her. And before she knew it she was crying. She hid her face in her hands as she bawled her eyes out. What the fuck was she going to do?

Jase was surprised by her outburst of emotions and if it had been anyone else he probably would have left and sent a nurse in because he just didn't do feelings. But seeing her cry pulled at heart strings he didn't even know he had had and before he knew it he had put down his chart, knelt down in front of her, took her hands in his and looked her straight in her eyes. And speaking barely above a whisper he tried his best to comfort her.

"Ms. Jones, now I don't know your personal business but whatever it is you can make it through. You seem like a wonderful woman which leads me to believe that you'll make a wonderful mother. You just have to believe that for you and that child and everything else will be okay."

Nia looked in Dr. Hanson's cool blue eyes and could see his sincerity. And oddly enough his belief in her made her feel a little better, like everything would work itself out.

Jase released Nia's hands and stood back up when he realized what he'd done. He had cared and that was a big no-no. Looking into those big brown eyes he had seen how scared she was and all he wanted to do was protect her, take care of her. Jase shook his head at that thought. What the hell was he thinking? She was doing something to him and he didn't like it. He had to get out of there.

"This is what you should look for at your local pharmacy."

He quickly scribbled down the prenatal vitamins on a scrap of paper and handed it to her, but when his hand touched hers he didn't want to let go. The feeling was different from when he had held her hands as she cried. Then he had just wanted to hold and comfort her but the feeling from this touch was like an electric shock that made him want to push her up against a wall and fuck her until she was screaming out his name.

Jase looked up into her eyes and noted how dark they'd gotten and smiled at the knowledge that he hadn't been the only one affected by the touch. "She felt it too." He thought to himself as he let go of the paper.

Nia laughed nervously as she pulled herself out of her lust-filled haze. She hoped he hadn't seen how bad she had wanted him from that one touch but from the slick smile on his face she knew he had.

"Well um, it was really nice meeting you Dr. Hanson and thanks for the pep talk."

Nia stood, grabbed her purse to go, and held her hand out for him to shake. "Shaking hands was safe." She thought to herself as he took her hand. "Your welcome and please call me Jase."

Nia smiled politely and introduced herself. "Okay umm Jase, I'm Nia if you didn't already know from the chart." Jase laughed and Nia joined in but she stopped when she felt Jase making soft circular motions with his thumb in her palm. "Note to self: Shaking hands is not safe." Nia thought as the sensations from his touch made her knees weak.

"Actually I hadn't seen your name on your chart and that's probably because I wasn't looking for it but Nia is a lovely name."

Nia thanked him and tried to ease her hand out of his grip but I just held fast and kept talking.

"To make your next appointment go to the front desk. They'll probably assign you for four weeks from now but if you'd like to see me anytime before then you can make a date with me for tonight or tomorrow night." Jase winked at Nia and she was a little surprised.

This white boy was bold and against what she'd liked to feel, she actually liked him. Nia pulled her hand away and this time he let it go.

"Do you try to pick up all your pregnant patients?" She asked jokingly.

Jase laughed. "No, but I can pick you up for our date."

Nia raised a brow. "I didn't say yes."

"But you didn't say no either."

Nia crossed her arms against her chest. "So?"

"So stop being difficult and just let me take you out. Please?"

"I'm not being difficult." Nia whined.

Jase rolled his eyes and Nia wanted to sock him in the jaw.

"Fine, you can take me out. Pick me up at 7:00pm and dress nice because I want to go to Giorgio's. Got it."

Jase smiled. "Yes, ma'am."

Nia walked out then, all the while feeling Jase's eyes on her back and the weight of the world on her shoulders.

12